HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Stranger in the house

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Cole, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Hello, Cole," Eve said after the strange boy introduced himself. He was certainly odd, and different, but if there was anything she had learnt from her time in Pandora, it was that odd and different didn't necessarily mean bad. "It's new to me too," she volunteered, after Cole finished speaking. "New doesn't always mean bad."

Cole and Arcade Gannon like this.
  2. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "...back in Thedas I...handled things. I didn't have my stomach try to...make growlings. And...I helped people. It wasn't...so much the other way."

There was a brief silence before he looked up again. "I have...been more human than I used to be, I think. This body is...doing more things that it did not used to."

Arcade Gannon likes this.
  3. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout: New Vegas

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well, clearly now your stomach is telling you that you need to eat," Arcade pointed out, softly, "and ignoring a direct order from your body is not a good habit. And if you don't want to eat right now, maybe you can just relax. Just... take a nap or something."

Arcade waited as Cole paused, not wanting to pressure him any more than he had to. As with most of the conversation, he was not expecting to hear what he did. "What were you before becoming human?" he asked without a trace of judgement. Really, he'd encountered enough bizarre things in life to not be that thrown by the idea of a nonhuman.

Cole and Eve like this.
  4. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve shrugged. "Food is good, and there's so many different varieties of it. Especially here." She looked between Cole and Arcade and smiled slightly. "Besides, he will nag you until you eat something," she finished, a slight smile gracing her face.

5. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "You're both so insistent about food..." Cole grimaced, clearly not deeply enthralled with that part of the conversation. Still, once he was asked what he was before he was human, he was quiet for a moment, thinking it over.

"First I was Compassion. A spirit, in the Fade, embodying what it was. And then there was...there was Cole. He was a human boy, a mage, and...he...he died. Compassion came to him, at the end, forced itself through to reach him, but I...I couldn't help. And Cole died. And Compassion couldn't help save him, so it...I became him. Then I was Cole, but I wasn't. I wasn't a spirit anymore, but I wasn't me yet. I was a monster, a demon, that preyed on people who...were in pain. I killed them to end their pain. It...took a long time, and someone...very kind, to show me how to be a spirit again...and then someone else to help me to become...more of a human."

He took a bit of a breath, shaking his head slightly. "It is all right if you want me to go. I could be dangerous to you."

Arcade Gannon and Eve like this.
  6. Arcade Gannon

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I'm just worried that you might not feel well if you don't eat," Arcade said. Starvation was such an omnipresent struggle in the Wasteland, and even for a lot of his own life that he never wanted to just let it happen when he had more than enough to spare.

He stayed quiet while Cole explained what he was as best he could, but he couldn't help but look slightly shocked about halfway through. A spirit? Or half of one? The only thing Arcade understood completely was that he was faced with someone who needed even more help than he expected.

When Cole offered to leave, Arcade shook his head emphatically. "You just said that having someone help you when you weren't yourself was what helped you stop being a demon," he said, "clearly you really need someone. At least someone to keep you grounded. Besides, I followed an amnesiac into the most dangerous parts of the Wasteland. I don't really let danger get in the way of helping."

Cole and Eve like this.
  7. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve tilted her head. She didn't really understand any of what Cole was saying, though she was trying. But she did understand having trouble adjusting to humanity. Eve shook her head when Cole seemed to want to go.

"Don't go," she asked. She had warned Arcade when they first met that she was dangerous, and he hadn't cared. She had her doubts he would care now. "He's telling the truth, he really doesn't."

8. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole looked between the two of them a moment more, just looking more confused than before. Finally, he crossed his arms, not in any sort of stand-offish way, but more looking as though he were thinking.

"...did I get it wrong? I can see in you both the pain of worry about hurting others, about how you are afraid of it, but...I am someone you do not know. You have welcomed me so quickly here, how could you be so worried of hurting others when you are so fast to offer help to a stranger? ...are there other people here? Are they the ones I'm seeing?"

Eve and Arcade Gannon like this.
  9. Arcade Gannon

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Arcade couldn't help the small, amused chuckle at Cole's question. "I am worried that I'm not going to be a good enough father," he admitted, "but that doesn't mean I'd ever ignore someone in need. Just because I failed in the past doesn't mean that I can avoid trying in the future."

Really, all Arcade wanted was to help everyone. Even if it wasn't physically possible, not much was going to stop him from trying his best at offering assistance. Cole seemed to need help, so that was all Arcade could see.

Cole and Eve like this.
  10. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve shook her head. "I'm scared of hurting people, but not helping hurts them too," she said, musing. That was something she had learnt from Arcade and Sven. When Arcade mentioned his worries, she looked at him in surprise. "Fa...ther?" she asked, tilting her head.

11. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole looked between the two of them for a moment, looking as though he were listening for a moment, then looked away. "I can be quiet, out of the way, hard to see," he finally said. "I will not be a bother, I will...I will help, if you like. I can do things, I can stop people who are bad. I have...I have things I can do for you...if that makes this...better? But...I cannot stay...all the time, there are...there are other people who need help."

Arcade Gannon likes this.
  12. Arcade Gannon

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Arcade quickly shook his head. "If you have something to say, you should say it," he said, "I'm not offering to stick you in the corner. It's important to have somewhere to consider your home. Somewhere safe where you can be yourself." He frowned at Cole's condition, but nodded, "I understand that. Just don't be afraid to come back if you ever need a rest."

He turned to look at Eve when she asked about his choice of words. "Well... yeah?" he said, "I adopted you so, I mean. I guess I just assumed that that'd make us... I won't say that if you don- you know, don't want to hear it again."

Cole likes this.
  13. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve looked at Cole. "Arcade isn't one to keep someone against their will."

Eve shook her head. "I like that word...." she said, smiling slightly. "Father."

14. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole looked at them again. "...you two seem to be working out something between yourselves. It feels good, feels as though there are hurts being healed. ...I'm glad. You can have a better home here." He smiled faintly, nodding a little. "I...I am willing to keep in touch, if...that helps you both. But...I do have...I have work to do out there. People need help."

15. Arcade Gannon

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Arcade chuckled slightly dorkily. "I like hearing it," he admitted, "I never expected to hear it directed at me before..." He glanced back up at Eve and said, "and I suppose you wouldn't mind if I called you my daughter?"

He turned back to Cole and smiled encouragingly. "I'm not forcing you to stay here at all," he promised, "you're welcome to come and go as you please. If you ever need somewhere to rest or just get away from everything, just come here, alright?"

Cole and Eve like this.
  16. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve smiled, a look of genuine joy, and probably the first one that Arcade would've seen from her. "I'd... I'd like that," she said sincerely. She liked being called that. It made her happy. She looked at Cole. "Perhaps they are," she said softly, before smiling once more.

She watched the conversation between Cole and Arcade with a faint smile. "Come and go as you please, Cole," she said quietly, "I'm not going to keep you here."

Arcade Gannon and Cole like this.
  17. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole offered another little bit of a smile, looking between them. "...all right. I'll...visit with you both, for a little while. ...it will be nice to have a roof tonight. The sky is nice, but I have missed having one, away from home."

This wasn't said as though to draw sympathy or attention, merely stated rather matter-of-factly, as he looked around the inside of the room again.

Arcade Gannon and Eve like this.
  18. Arcade Gannon

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve's confirmation brought a small, absolutely pleased grin to Arcade's face. They hadn't really discussed specific titles or anything, but it sort of felt like a waste not to. Knowing that they actually sort of were a family was nice.

He nodded at Cole, understanding the feeling rather well. "Just go ahead and make yourself comfortable whi-" he cut himself off, looking down at the groceries, "while I put these things away." He scurried over to the fridge, hurriedly putting the frozens away.

Cole and Eve like this.
  19. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve nodded to Cole, and though it didn't feel quite right to offer him a place in Arcade's house without Arc-Father's permission, she still did, quietly saying "You're welcome to a roof here whenever you want it," she reassured Cole quietly. She smiled fondly as A-Father scuttled away to put away the groceries in a frantic manner.

20. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole offered a faint, rather awkward smile to Eve, then looked after Arcade, considering a moment before trailing after him, wringing his hands slightly.

"Tell me what you need me to do. I can help, I can...there are things I can do. I can carry things, or I can find things, and...people? I am good at finding people. I...I can work, if you need me to, I...I can learn how. Do you...need help with this?" He reached out a hand as though to take some of the groceries, then drew back uncertainly.