By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Stranger In Your Shower

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Richard Grayson, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Richard Grayson

Richard Grayson DC Comics

Race:
    Human
    Nov 19
    Year 108

@Thea Queen

Dick wasn't sure what had happened. All he recalled was these powerful things dragging him into the ground. And now of all places, he found himself in a shower. A pretty nice shower. His mind began to consider what had happened to him. The first and most obvious option was a kidnapping, but what kind of kidnapper would have dropped him in a shower.

As Dick began to think about all the other options he stepped out of the shower and into the bathroom. Looking around he took a note what he could see. From what he could see it seemed to belong to a woman given all the makeup. But then again assumptions weren't exactly the best thing.

'Not gonna be looking into this too much.' Dick muttered to himself as he left all the makeup untouched. Deciding to stick his head out the door, only to see a dark and somewhat long hall. Listening in, Dick heard nothing. Which was of course odd. He rarely heard nothing.

Instead, he decided to go back into the bathroom, to the shower specifically. What he was going to do seemed fairly stupid but boy was he going to look even dumber if it worked and he didn't try. Standing in the shower he let out a sigh and spoke. 'Is this a Teleporter?' He said as he fiddled around with just about everything. Of course just with his luck, something else happened. Something far worse.

Thea Queen likes this.
  2. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

It had been a long day. Well, as long as her days ever got, considering that she worked at night. But work was coming, and she had to prep, which generally took a while. She had standards to meet, and all that. She grabbed her stuff, quickly stripping and wrapping herself in a towel. It wasn't like anyone was going to be peering in her windows. Except maybe a drone. Advantage of having the penthouse. But it was pretty cold, and... also, drones.

She hummed under her breath as she walked into her bathroom, only to come face-toface with... "Get the fuck out of my shower." She reached under the cabinet quickly, grabbing the knife that she hid there, and slipping it to her side, hopefully without him noticing. Admittedly, this made no sense. He had managed, somehow, to sneak past her impressive alarm system, though Thea did admit to herself that she had left a backdoor in there. But still, even if he managed that, why would he be in her shower? There was nothing interesting there. Well, apart from the knife that used to be under her sink.

The guy himself clearly wasn't normal. She could tell, from how he scanned his surroundings, how he stood, that he was a fighter. Possibly someone with the same night job as her. She had to remind herself to drop the posture that she automatically took, turning from Speedy, into Thea Queen. Fighting in a towel was painful, anyway. "Seriously, out."

Richard Grayson likes this.
  3. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    Get the fuck out of my shower

Was all Dick heard before he froze. He had no idea what to say to her. 'I uh... just kinda appeared here. Totally didn't mean to be a creep or anything' Dick said as he exited her shower slowly. He wanted to say this was his most awkward encounter but unfortunately it wasn't. It certainly did top the charts however. As he finally got out of it, Dick slowly raised his hands, frankly surrendering.

'My names Dick Grayson and I seem like a creep now don't I.' He'd wanted to make a joke about him being in the shower but knew that times like this it could easily aggravate the young lady standing in front of him. Whom from a glance earlier seemed to take a fighting stance that he recognized. Of course she quickly chanced it, possibly as a way to put on the image that she hadn't done so.

Thea Queen likes this.
  4. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

Oh. Now Thea almost felt bad about swearing at him. "Just got here, huh?" she asked, leaning against the door frame. She was still in a towel, but honestly she didn't really care. It wasn't in her nature to be self-conscious, though there was a bullet-wound in her shoulder that was mostly healed, and a couple of scars she didn't want to show off. "Welcome to Pandora. It grabs people from random places and dumps them in a world-sized box. And apparently in people's showers, which is great." Thea prided herself on being able to read people, and he was only showing confusion. It also explained why none of her alarms had been tripped. There was basically nothing that could detect Pandora vines.

"Yeah, basically," she replied. "Though Dick is an unfortunate name. I'm Thea. Thea Queen. Get out of my shower. I need to use it." She sighed, tapping one hand against the other arm impatiently. "You can wait outside. Preferably outside the bathroom."

5. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    'Thats great. I suppose I won't be getting to Gotham anytime soon.' Dick said letting out a sigh. Instead of just sulking about Dick decided he had to at the very least get of of Thea's bathroom. 'I'll get going so this doesn't continue to be so awkward.'

Not that it probably would stop any time soon. But for now, Dick would look around her home while she took a shower. Whatever he found that showed where he was was going to help. 'And Dicks a pretty good name. Its short for Richard' He added as he moved closer towards the door. This certainly wasn't the last time he'd defend his name, nor was it the first. At this point it was nearly impulsive.

Thea Queen likes this.
  6. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

Gotham? Oh... that was interesting. Gotham in her world was a hellpit, a city so bad that no one really acknowledged its existence outside of the city citizens themselves. Thea had met a couple of Gothamites, and they all seemed to be their own type of insane. Even the most well-known one, who Thea had met an entire total of twice, had this crazy contained in his eyes that she couldn't explain. "Why on earth would you want to get back to Gotham?" Thea shot back, stepping around him as he left. "Also, that doesn't make it a better name. Just saying."

Thea showered as quickly as she could, considering the new guest in her home. Meanwhile, on the surface, Thea's apartment seemed normal, if luxurious. There was a pile of blankets on the couch, speaking to someone spending a lot of time watching tv, while the windows and balcony looked out onto the skyline of Ark City. There were a couple of pamphlets, clearly ignored, sitting on a dresser, one talking about Neo Dubai, one on Pandora as a whole, and one on Ark City. Scattered around, there were photo frames containing pictures of Thea with friends, family and co-workers, including some obviously taken in this apartment. A normal apartment for a normal person.

If Dick investigated more, though, he'd find a couple of odd things. For one, the first-aid kit was more comprehensive then it had any right to be, equipped with heavy-duty drugs and even some advanced medical technology. There were concealed weapons simply everywhere, behind couch cushions, under benches, behind hidden compartments. A collapsible red bow could be found hidden in the kitchen, a quiver full of arrows near it, while a sheathed katana sat under the couch, a small leather strap, easily ignored, being the only indication of its presence. Knives and guns also sat, hidden from view. A laptop sat closed on the coffee table, password-protected, but containing some impressive research into drug cartels in the area.

7. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    'Why would I go back to Gotham? Cause its depressing duh.' Dick mumbled as the door closed behind him. Now Dick had time to look around, and just see who this Thea was. And why she wasn't afraid of a random man being dropped into her apartment. Of course the first thing he did was stick his nose into anything he came across.

What quickly caught his eye were the people in some of those pictures. Namely the man she shared a last name with. For a moment Dick thought he was dropped into the Arrows backyard. But as he continued to look around, admittedly like a creep. He found some pamphlets. Quickly he decided to skim through the one about Ark City while pocketing the Pandora one.

As he went on, he found more and more things that made him honestly interested. Be it a stray knife to secret compartments here and there. Thankfully Bruce had taught him how to spot them. He usually didn't get the chance to look this deeply into the home of another person. But as he finally reached the kitchen. Dick decided it was enough for now.

Instead he went about looking for a snack. If she was the sister of Ollie then this was acceptable. And he hoped his fridge raid wasn't going to end with him taking an arrow to the back.

Thea Queen likes this.
  8. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

Thea sighed, finishing her shower. She quickly did her makeup, and wrapped the towel around herself, quickly moving into her room and getting dressed. A cocktail dress and heels was her uniform, and she wrapped a faux fur coat around herself, looking like the epitome of fashion. When she walked out, her eyes flitted around, as she checked what had happened. Nothing was really out of place, except for those fliers she had grabbed for Emi on her first day here. Which was fair, because it wasn't like she needed him anymore. And the other guy was...

....looking through her fridge. "You alright there?" she replied, leaning against the bench. "Snacks are in the corner cupboard." There were mostly leftovers in the fridge, the contents making it clear that Thea wasn't one for cooking. Pizza, curry, some food that wasn't really recognizable as food, instead some kind of bright pink goo... and there was milk and other fridge staples.

9. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    'Yeah. I just wanted to grab something to snack on. I'll uh just look over here. Dick said as he stared at the pink goo. He couldn't help but wonder just what exactly that was. And why she'd want to eat it. After giving the thing one quick poke, he made his way over to the snacks in the cupboard. Grabbing some chips before turning to face Thea.

Opening the bag before casually leaned against a counter and beginning to eat. 'I should thank you for the hospitality. But I suppose people from our families should expect one another to help whenever we you know, get dropped into a shower in some prison universe.' As he spoke, Dick attempted to recall if Oliver had ever mentioned another sister. Emiko he knew, barely but still. Maybe Thea was also the daughter of another assassin like her younger sister. A really pretty daughter of an assassin if he had to be honest.

#9 Richard Grayson, Dec 5, 2018 at 8:53 AM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 11:04 PM
    Thea Queen likes this.
  10. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

Thea laughed as she watched Dick ruffles through her cupboard, but there was still something intriguing in what he said. It was clear that he knew Queens in his world, but not her, and if he dug around the room, he certainly wasn't commenting on the various weapons she had stashed. She quickly, and obviously checked him out when get grabbed the chips, smiling slightly. It was a decent ass. "To be honest, I have no idea who you are," she replied. "But you clearly know my last name, and you're not exactly dressed normally, so I'm guessing that there are alternate universes involved. Again."

It wouldn't exactly be surprising, considering Emiko and Ollie. "Also, I don't think Pandora is meant to be a prison. Probably more of an experiment." Thea sighed, pulling out her phone and checking the time. "You might want to look into different clothing. As great as that makes you look, its not exactly something you wear to blend in. I'm presuming you don't have any money on you?" She had to get to work soon. The club wasn't going to suffer from her not being there, but she liked to keep an eye on it. Still, she could get there a little late.

11. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    Dick always found the whole universe idea as just being odd. Some were almost like his, others were completely different. But all were interesting. 'Yeah that tends to happen a lot. But since you don't know me. I'm Nightwing. And a friend of your brother's former sidekick.' A friend to a lot of people honestly. The majority of heroes in his world kinda were with him. He just hoped that if any of his people were in Pandora, they too would remember him.

'And yeah. This isn't exactly casual wear. But thanks for the compliment, you don't look too bad yourself.' A compliment for a compliment was fair, especially when Dick was just stating a fact. 'But back onto the money. I only have a few bucks but if you're about to give me some. I'm going to have to respectfully decline the offer. It'd be rude of me to eat your food then take your money.' Certainly, he'd be able to find clothing somewhere. Maybe at some charity or a shelter. And at worst he'd just borrow it from a store.

Thea Queen likes this.
  12. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

Thea tilted her head, putting together what Ollie had told her about his world, and Emi and what Dick was telling her. Somehow, that gave her an idea about who he was talking about, a faint pang of homesickness. For a moment, her face fell, before it was replaced with the same casual confidence as always. "Roy Harper, right?" she replied, pulling herself up onto the bench with ease. Even for someone who had worn them all her life, heels were a pain to spend a night in. These were comfortable heels, at least, but still awful after a while.

"Eh, work uniform," Thea replied with a smile. "Quick question, where are you planning to go?" There was a Shelter, and it was even mentioned in the standard-issue Pandora Pamphlet. Still, it wasn't the best place to go. and, from what she could tell, was generally full anyway. "Besides, its not like I'm poor. Just take the money, and get yourself some decent clothing. If you really were friends with Roy..." Thea trailed off, before shaking her head.

13. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    Dick nodded as he heard his friends name. He hadn't seen him or a hand full of his friends in too long. Spyral and his death had made sure he couldn't, and just as he began to head back home. Pandora happened.

'I was just gonna try to find someone who knows me I guess. I'm pretty good at the whole surviving by myself thing. But I guess some extra money should help get me wherever that takes me.' He was unsure of what he'd actually be doing. Or where he'd be heading. 'I gotta thank you for everything. Not everybody would be nice to the guy who showed up in their shower.'

Thea Queen likes this.
  14. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

"There's social media here," Thea replied, slipping off the bench and heading into the lounge room, booting up the laptop once again. She opened a new tab, leaning back. "Pretty well everyone is on it. If you have a phone, the WiFi password is on the fridge." She hadn't bothered to change it, since most of the things she would remember were hints or painful memories. Besides, if someone could be bothered trying to steal her wifi, they deserved it for getting through all the security. "Just search them up."

Thea smiled slightly, and sighed. "I remember what being new here was like. Confusion, worry... being lost. I was just lucky enough to arrive with resources I could call on. The services here for new arrivals still aren't great. Besides, I wasn't in the shower at the time, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been." Thea could tell that the guy was a fighter, but she could take him if necessary, even if she didn't want to reveal that fact yet.

15. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    Dick followed her into her lounge room. Of course, social media was a blessing especially if one of his brothers happened to use it. It'd certainly make his hunt easier. 'Okay. Let's hope one of them actually uses social media.' He said as he moved closer to the laptop. Dick didn't want to think about the possibility of Pandora being without his family. So he just began to look.

'Yeah the shower thing could have ended badly for me.' Dick said with a slight chuckle. As he started off with Bruce. If anyone's name was going to be known, it was the playboy himself. 'So where do you work? If you don't mind me asking.' A question that was mostly just small talk. But it was always interesting to know where your new friend works.

16. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

Thea tilted her head, passing Dick the laptop. She watched him put in the name... Bruce Wayne. Well that was interesting. And unexpected. She knew that the Bruce in this world was different to the Bruce that she had known, and that he had a nightjob, since Ollie had mentioned it in the past. Suddenly, she could start putting things together a little bit better. Of course Bruce had a social media presence, he would.

"At a club," Thea replied off-handedly. She didn't mention that she owned it yet, not exactly deliberately, but once she realised that she omitted it, she decided to keep it that way, watching him for his reactions, and for his assumptions. "Verdant, in Radical Pointe. It's what I used to do back home, so its easy to slip back into. What about you?" This whole situation was odd, Thea knew. But a questions first, stab later, was probably a good mindset, and one that she should get better at getting into.

17. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    'Bruce sure does have a lot in Pandora huh.' Dick mumbled to himself as it seemed Wayne Tech was still as large as ever. At the very least that meant the family still had a large chunk of money. And Bruce certainly would have used a portion of it on the Batman.

His attention changed when he heard her speak about the club. 'A club? Fancy. Working there must mean you've got some stories huh.' Dick had a few of his own. And he had more jobs then he could count. But of course, that was what happened when someone went off looking for themselves.

'Alot of things here and there. Nothing seems to stick for too long, unfortunately. I suppose that comes with the job. And a hint of really bad luck.' Of the vast majority of heroes Dick knew, it seemed as if his family seemed to always be given the short end of the stick. That likely came with the fact that they had absolutely zero abilities and went up against the most powerful beings that walked the earth.

Thea Queen likes this.
  18. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

"From what I can tell, he's been around for a while," Thea replied. She had done some research on corporations when she had first arrived, checking around to see if she wanted to try working there. But WayneTech wasn't her style, and Lex Luthor had always been nuts on her world, and diving into what was here, it seemed pretty likely he was just better at hiding it in Pandora. "If you trust the social media, over 100 years, though I have my doubts about that." A lot of people remembered 100 years passing where others just didn't. It was weird.

Thea laughed. "Like you wouldn't believe," she replied. "The bouncers caught an amateur assassin once. It was almost embarrassing. For the assassin, not the bouncers." It wasn't her only story, but Thea was wondering how long she could slip in references and mentions before he worked out that she owned the club, not just worked there. "What job?" she replied. "I thought you just said that you couldn't keep one, though I suppose you have a side job as secret agent, considering what you're wearing."

19. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    'I hope that's not true. Old man Bruce is gonna be a pain in the ass.' Not that Bruce wasn't already. Of course he had his reasons and they mostly were right.

'I'll bet it was. I know kids that can get around bouncers, poor sap must have been new at the whole assassin thing. Or just a really low tier hitman.' And boy had Dick dealt with his own fair share of horrible assassins, as well as those who knew how to do things right. 'Do I really look like a spy? Cause you're right. I was a double agent as of recently. Before that, I owned a circus and before that, I did a billion other things. What do you do at the Club?' Dick said as began to search for his other siblings. Hoping to find an address or some form of contact.

Thea Queen likes this.
  20. Thea Queen

Thea Queen DC Universe

"Even more than normal Bruce Wayne?" Thea replied. She had only met the guy once, but her brother used to tell stories, and so had her father. They had an ... interesting relationship. From what she could tell, Bruce Wayne was an unmitigated asshole. But hey, maybe that was just her world. "I wouldn't call him a kid... low tier, probably. Its easy to get around bouncers, though I do hire the best I can find." Well, there went that. Freudian slip and all that. But that was okay, because the next question was what she did at the club, and she smiled.

"I own it," she said, pretty smugly. She had plenty of reasons to be smug, considering how the club had started, and how it was now. One of the most popular in Ark City, and Thea was proud of what she had created. "Also, take a look in the mirror, Dick," she continued, rolling her eyes. "You're not exactly wearing picnic attire. It obvious to anyone with eyes." At his next words, Thea just gave him a Look. "A circus. Really?" she asked. "Why?"