HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Strangers in the mist

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Ashton Anchors, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Ashton Anchors

Ashton Anchors Star Ocean

Mercenary
    Race:
    Possessed Expelian
    October 13

"Well that was a good visit, eh Gyoro? Ururun?"

The twin dragons leaning over Ashton's shoulder gave a gentle grunt and nod of assent as their names were mentioned. The young man smirked, happy to see they seemed to be in as good a mood as he was after seeing Eleanor in good health, then pulled a coin pouch off of his belt and counted the contents "Now let's see... Just enough for a few days at the inn-"

Ururun growled in surprise and warning as the black cords emerged from the ground, wrapping Ashton's arm and yanking before he could react. "-and- What the-?!"

Moments later the possessed adventurer found himself in another town, mist curling around buildings and creeping through streets lined by unlit street lamps providing a stark difference from the sunshine he'd just left. "Okay... What just happened? I'm not dead, right?" Gyoro grunted, and shook his head as Ashton glanced up at the red dragon stuck to his back "Right. You guys probably wouldn't be here if that happened"

With a sigh Ashton started walking through the seemingly abandoned street, his adventurer instincts waiting to see just what kind of beasts could possibly be living here if the town was in fact devoid of human life. As he rounded a corner sudden impact to his legs caused Ashton to jump suddenly and whirl around to find a young girl sitting on the ground.

"Oh, sorry about that, kid." Ashton said kindly, crouching down to make it easier for the girl to see his smile while Gyoro released a small puff of flame to light the area for a moment. "Say, I'm a little lost could you tell me where we are?" The girl's eyes went wide as she instead looks up and starts stammering in fear "Ah... Ah... A monster! Heeeeeelp!!" before dashing off down another street.

"Hey, wait a sec- Kid!" Ashton called, Ururun grunted in annoyance at his twin while Ashton rubbed the back of his neck and muttered "I'll take that as a no" as the girl disappeared into the mist.

#1 Ashton Anchors, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Vegeta had decided to check out Misty Hollow which he'd heard was some supernatural hotspot or something like that, even had some barrier to keep out the real nasty stuff as well. Which is why he'd decided to take the leisurely walk from the portal to the town encase he ran into the barrier and it didn't let him through, though he was fairly certain Saiyans were more sci fi than fantasy. He also knew from things Kakarot, Krillin and Piccolo had said that demons and other things like that did exist.

He'd met one in that Dabora guy with the medusa spit and Freiza's race were called Kold Deamons though he doubted they were supernatural either. But he had made good time but hadn't quite know that the name of the town was so damn literal, as he was walking around however he heard some young girl scream about monsters. He smirked and hoped he'd have something to fight, maybe one of them had dug under the barrier or something.

Whatever happened Vegeta vanished from his location and appeared near where he'd heard the voice thus appearing in front of the boy. Which just seemed like some kid with what looked like dragons on his shoulders, Vegeta was floating slightly above the ground but then dropped to just stand there with his arms crossed. "Kids these days, was hoping for something to fight. Well dragon shoulder kid, you just go around scaring kids or you lost or somehing" coined Vegeta in his usual tone of almost anger mixed with a little sarcastic hint to it.

3. Ashton Anchors

Mercenary
    Race:
    Possessed Expelian
    "Wuh-!" Ashton jumped back a pace and grabbed the handle of one of the pair of short swords attached to his waist when a man suddenly appeared, floating for a moment before landing on the dark street. The twin dragons growled softly when he mentioned looking for something to fight.

"Geeze, no I'm not trying to scare anyone, just wanted to figure out if anyone still lived in this town. Wouldn't be that surprising if those freaky cables yanked us into a haunted ruin or something." he responded, relaxing his grip on the sword seeing as the man wasn't taking an actively aggressive stance. The red dragon grumbled something unintelligible next to Ashton's ear, and he glanced from the creature back to Vegeta "What about you, you a monster hunter or something?"

4. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The kid put his hand on the hilt of one of the swords at his waist which really wouldn't help him if they fought since he could shatter a sword with one finger. But he responded and relaxed his tension which was good cause this kid didn't look like much of a challenge.

"Sorry kid but despite all appearance, this is a populated town. It's called Misty Hollow, which accounts for the foreboding atomosphere. Guessing you're new here so I figure it's up to me to give you the intro" replied Vegeta still with his arms crossed and his usual tone of voice which was hard to tell if it was anger or just uncaring.

"Those black cords have taken you to a world called Pandora, we've all been taken the same way etc etc. nobody knows how to get back so you're stuck here. Find a place to settle and maybe a job and you might eventually be returned or something. Though don't get your hopes up" informed Vegeta having heard it from someone at one point when he ran into someone who actually didn't ignore him in Horizon.

The kid also asked if he was a Monster Hunter which funnily enough wasn't far off the truth back home and here, in Horizon he fought off the beasts in the desert and joined that group that actively fights monsters. "You could say I'm a bit of a monster hunter sometimes, there's a group here in Pandora that does just that. I'm a part of it so you're welcome to join them if you can handle it" added Vegeta.

5. Ashton Anchors

Mercenary
    Race:
    Possessed Expelian
    "Another world? Bah, and here I thought I was done with those kinds of journeys" Ashton muttered, shaking his head at the thought of the last time he ended up on another world. At least this time didn't involve smashing his planet into a star or whatever... Hopefully.

But as it turns out there was a group of monster hunters in this Pandora place, which also means monster must be a fairly common problem. Could be a convenient source of cash while he figured this world out "So are we talking the kind of monsters that ambush travelers on the road, or the kinds that hides in caves and wild areas of the world? Either way I'm sure we could handle it, fighting monsters was my job back home after all" Ashton continued, both dragons giving a nod and grunt of agreement as they let out a wisp of flame and frost respectively.

6. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The kid seemed to have traveled before though it's unlikely to be the same as the situation he was in now. "Kid I'm not talking about another planet, where you can just go home in a ship. You're in another dimension and there's no way back" informed Vegeta hoping the kid grasped what he was saying cause he really wasn't the tour guide type.

Then he asked about the type of monsters the group he'd mentioned dealt with, Vegeta smirked slightly. "Can be anything from small pests to mountain sized beasts running rampant. Monsters get stuck here about as much as we do, so don't think that the things you've seen before will be what you'll be facing" added Vegeta.

7. Caesar

Caesar Planet of the Apes

Race:
    Evolved chimpanzee
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Caesar had found where some wild fruits and nuts grew, picking a mix of cranberries, huckleberries, wintergreen, mulberries, walnuts and hickory nuts. He dropped the fruit and nuts on the ground when a sudden scream drifted over from nearby making him tense and spin around fast then he frowned at the trees concealing him from whoever was out there.

Moving in the direction of the noise, he frowned as the forest gave way to buildings and two human-looking men were talking. Not knowing if he had been spotted, he slipped behind the wall of the nearest building just enough so he still had some view of the area. This was new, he didn't know this place had been here.

8. Ashton Anchors

Mercenary
    Race:
    Possessed Expelian
    "Not like I could fly a spaceship anyway" Ashton thought as the spiky haired man continued on to talk about the variety of beasts the Hunters fought. Vegeta's pride was starting to get on his nerves, it seemed like he felt he was was inherently superior to everything and that meant everyone else was capable of nothing worth mentioning. "Alright then... does your group has some sort of test to make sure they can deal with these randomly appearing monsters, or do they just put out a bounty and say 'good luck'?"

While the human was too distracted with the conversation to notice Ceaser's approach with all the streetlights dead, the red snake-like dragon attached to his back turned toward the street that the ape arrived from as he hid, Gyoro then turned to his blue twin to softly grunt a warning before both dragons turned their focus to keeping watch for further signs of activity around the seemingly empty urban intersection.

9. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Vegeta had noticed the arrival of the ape, by noting his Ki but didn't really care because so far he didn't seem to be any threat. As he didn't note any hostility coming from the beast, so he just stayed with the conversation he had. "Yeah there's a test to see if you can handle yourself but with the bigger beasts they usually attack in groups. So I'm sure you'll be fine kid" replied Vegeta with a smirk that said may not entirely believe that.

And as much as even he knew that looks don't always denote strength, he couldn't sense a lot of power coming from him. Maybe the dragon things on his shoulders were some kind of power amplification he didn't really know or care to be honest. He was fairly certain he could rip the things off before the boy or the dragons even noticed but he had no reasons for that, even if he was relatively bored.