HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Submit Some Quotes!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Octi, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    SUBMIT SOME QUOTES!

Hey guys! We'll have a quote rotation going up again soon, so feel free to submit some quotes here from threads, with the following guidelines in mind:

• These are in character quotes!
    • Dialogue only, please!
    • Please do not submit your own quotes! It spoils the fun a little. =P
    • The shorter, the better! 1-2 lines is ideal. We have a limited amount of space to work with and if your quote is too long, it may not be included in the rotation.
    • Provide the name of the character you are quoting as well as a link to the thread!
    • Have fun!!

#1 Octi, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Steel and Taylor like this.
  2. Blix

Blix Twinkle twinkle, little bat.
    Graphics Mod

Creator Of Things
    Race:
    Goblin
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link
    "Not that I think you're evil. I'm sure you're ... very nice when you're in a good mood."
    - Tommy Clark to Darth Maul in Answers or Death

"What brings you here? Having a nice walk in my mountain?"
    - Smaug in Making Due

3. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    "It would be a waste to slaughter every last one of you without getting answers first."

"Hope you guys packed your floaties..."
    - @Rhys in badlands

"I have learned that safe is such a debatable term."

"People aren't things."

"I can tell you this wasn't me because whoever restrained you did a piss-poor job."

"Seems I’m not the only one here that defies the usual definition of life."

Michael Corvin and Lorne Malvo like this.
  4. Ophelia

Ophelia the crazy hobo loser in the corner
    Lore Division

studying stuff
    Race:
    a human
    WHY U DO DIS

there are so many awesome quotes oh god a probably left out a million go me

“These people - with the abilities - who’ve been preventing crimes and fighting criminals. They’re just like the National Guard. They’re only - helping - us-” He’d spat out the word. “Cos they want us in their debt. They want us to feel like we owe em somethin. Want us to feel like they’re entitled to treat us like the dirt on their boots.”

@The Governor in all monsters are men

"I hear a lot of people toss that world around lately. Justice. Just what is that anyways? It's always justice this and justice that..." she shook her head, a furrow in her brow. The witch looked up at him. "It's different for everybody. But trees? Well, you can't really argue that's not a juniper."

@Witch Princess in Soviet High-Five

“It’s a possibility, but just because one has power that doesn’t give them the right to abuse it.”

@Will Graham in Double edged knife

“You mean to say, changing your shape into an animal’s and raising the dead isn’t standard fare where you’re from?”

@Perrin Aybara in Arlington Fun

"I am no hired killer. I only kill those who would stop me from being happy.''

@Yuno Gasai in Death Diary

"I can see you're a very worthy King, taking joy in the suffering of others. I'm sure your subjects love you, I'm sure your land flourishes."

@Angharad in Children of the desert

"here, a shiny stone for th' li'l explorer," he said with a grin, "so ye can light yer new findin's."

@Sugar-and-Sack in I Ceased

“So, Aristotle the unicorn. Would he be with an older unicorn named Plato?”

@Sam in we're the things that love destroys

"It is haunted, my dear, with the worst murderers and monsters imaginable, now long forgotten and seeking to remind.

@The Joker in My first, my last, my everything

Yeah, sure a horse and a raven I'll fetch them post haste. But first.... Can I get a selfie?"

@Olivia Moore in of Angels and Devils

apologies for the long lines on the top, you dont have to use them but god they're just so brilliant i couldnt leave them out

5. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    I've updated the rotation! Unfortunately, I couldn't include the first two long ones, but everything else is there!

Ophelia likes this.
  6. Dharke

Dharke Welcome to Catbury!

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Thank you so much, @Ophelia. <3

You can shorten my quote to:
    “They’re only helping us cos they want us in their debt. They want us to feel like we owe em somethin. Want us to feel like they’re entitled to treat us like the dirt on their boots.”

Or even:
    “They’re only helping us cos they want us in their debt. They want us to feel like they’re entitled to treat us like the dirt on their boots.”

Because I'd love so badly to see a quote from one of my characters in rotation.

@Light Yagami in all monsters are men:
    “It's not that hard to come to the conclusion that in order to survive in this world a person must be careful not only in regards to their actions, but their words too. […] Since there are creatures here that can watch others all the time, among other things.”

If too long, maybe:
    “There are creatures here that can watch others all the time.”

Nancy (NPC) in all monsters are men:
    “She giggled, and breathed deeply, causing her cleavage to move up and down. 'Thank you...Nice to meet you too...' she said, momentarily starry eyed, before she turned to face them both. 'I've seen them, too. The... ones, now, I know I shouldn't call them monsters, but when you're out buying nail polisher and the cashier is a green thing with four set of eyes how are you supposed to react? I thank God every day for men like Mr Blake who are doing their best to keep us all safe.' she stated, while glancing at the Governor. 'And the Department of Intelligence, of course!' she added after a few seconds, earning Light's smile, which was honest enough for Nancy.”

:p :p :p

@Marcus in I’m Better Than You!:
    “Really you had no idea a pack of torn apart humans were in your trailer […] What did they sneak on in the night through some secret entrance and then lock themselves in?”

I’m in love with @Byakuya Togami and his acid tongue in The Treasury‘s Great:
    “Watching you struggle in front of this many people almost makes me feel sorry for you.”

Will post here again when I get more time!

Ariah` and Cole like this.
  7. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Updated the rotation! 8D

8. Dharke

Dharke Welcome to Catbury!

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Here, have some more quotes:

@Simon Monroe in Never One For Pretenders:
    “If I ever see you step one foot into my meetings ever again, then you’ll be wanting to sleep with that one eye’ve yours open. You people don’t have to fear us. But pulling shit like this, you’re right to fear us.”
    Or: “If I ever see you step one foot into my meetings ever again, then you’ll be wanting to sleep with that one eye’ve yours open.”
    Loved that part so much!

@Miles Upshur in Eye’ve Found You Now!:
    “I really don't know what's going through that thing's mind besides survival. It will do anything, anything, to make sure it stays alive.”

@Maggie Greene in Pretty Little Maggie (M) (TW):
    “Some things should stay dead and you are one of those things… Living is a crime against nature, and it’s taking everything in me not to kill you right now, to right the wrong that is you here in Pandora.”
    Maggie talking to either Beth or Glenn.

I’ll probably come back here again when I can think up some more.

Octi and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Cole

Cole GO TEAM TOPAZ!... CORN SNAKES!

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Got a couple that I particularly liked!

@Minako Arisato in a familiar foe
    "Blobby creatures like that are a dime a dozen, I've seen all the types!"

@Batman in Rubbing Elbows and Throwing Punches
    "We all live in this city and I'd like to believe we have the obligation...no, the duty! To give back to it. Like my parents would have."

@Frank Bannister in alter your perception, professor
    "They don't say they exist. They do exist. You just need to alter your perception."

I would have liked to put more, but I haven't kept track of quotes I would have liked to add, but I promise there are going to be more! Those are just what initially counted off of my mind!

Also, Byakuya's quote (once more thank you Dharke for submitting it, the second the quotes went into rotation it became an ambition to get a quote on there and I am so happy you nominated it) lacks the thread in the quote, being The Treasury's Great!

Octi likes this.
  10. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    I've updated the rotation! Apologies for the missing thread link, it was in there, I just accidentally didn't close a tag in the code. =] It should be fixed now!

11. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
  12. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    I've updated the rotation! c:

13. Genie

Genie I dream of...

I tried to shorten it! Probably still too long but I tried.

ALAS BUT I MUST SUBMIT THESE SUPERFAB QUOTES FROM SOME OF MY BAES.

"You know, I think who and what I hit with my hypothetical flying shark is really no concern of yours."

@Percy Jackson in Dance Like Uma Thurman

There are many good Percy quotes. Picking a single quote was very hard.

-----

”Pudding cup?” he asked kindly with a smile, ”Or uh…there might be some Twinkies left, but I think Genghis Khan totally ate them all.”

@Ted Logan in A Most Inconvenient Diversion

-----

"It was too much effort trying to smile, it was too much of an effort to try to even say a simple word. Hello, for example. It was such a simple little thing, the kind of word he had worked his whole life trying to be consistently brave enough to say, which seemed silly, but Jack had always been knowing for his quiet."

@Jack Jackson in Smile Like You Mean It

Prose needs more representation.

-----

"This whole pocket reality was as good as a revolving door of false hopes and dreams (...)"

@Wanda Maximoff in A New Day Dawns

Sorry if you just read through Wanda's threads you'll know JUST HOW SAD that one line is. Crying forever.

Octi likes this.
  14. Cole

Cole GO TEAM TOPAZ!... CORN SNAKES!

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    WE NEED MORE QUOTES. I usually would do my quote dumps after gathering them for a bit, but I just saw one quote that put a smirk on my face.

@Sans in A New Tool
    "I might be a monster, but... I'm not the one preying on the innocent. That... would be you, pal."

(so what number does that make it of quotes yelling at The Governor)

Octi and Lorne Malvo like this.
  15. SnowyHeart

SnowyHeart The Bonds of People are the True Power

Digital Artist
    Race:
    Starchild
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    //sneaks in
    Imm gonna post some of my favorites from my newly one month on Pandora <3
    Most of them are gonna be from Language of the Unheard bc there are some gr8 quotes in there

"We haven't pulled through this long to be walked all over! We are not dispensable!" - @Bellamy Blake in Language of the Unheard

"Hey, some parade this is! I mean, you don't even have any floats!" - @Leonardo in Language of the Unheard

"Oh thank god...we're free of the bear! I was scared it was either gonna be him or that guy with the hoodie, I uh, I'll get to that later." - @Kazuichi Souda to Chiaki Nanami in save points

Octi and Leonardo like this.
  16. Sage

Sage Guest

“So I…I…but it was so loud! And it attacked me! I did not indicate that I was finished and it attempted to take me down into it!”
    @Mirena in Bad Vibrations

“See? It’s trying to get me back! It’s the work of the damned!”
    @Mirena in Bad Vibrations

Octi likes this.
  17. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Updated the rotation! Apologies for the delay! <3

Hey Genie! I hadn't considered this before, but unfortunately, I'm going to have to limit our submissions to dialogue quotes only due to the way it's coded so that everything can be uniform.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
    But also super flattered for that Jack quote mention. <3 Thankyou!

18. Ophelia

Ophelia the crazy hobo loser in the corner
    Lore Division

studying stuff
    Race:
    a human
    Superman You should apologise for what you said.

[​IMG]
    Batman
    When have I ever said sorry?

1. Superman Are we still friends?

2. [​IMG]
      Batman
      ....Sure whatever.

3. [​IMG]
      Batman
      ....You wanna raise my son?

Supes and @Batman in their Dawn of Justice status update War

i realise submitting your own quote is ridic but i only did it for context!! Chen is the genius here and whose quotes im submitting!! but if you want one with just the one character, here:

Batman ....In what universe does political blackmail seem better than turning in a man who eats people!

Selina Kyle likes this.
  19. SnowyHeart

SnowyHeart The Bonds of People are the True Power

Digital Artist
    Race:
    Starchild
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "So if you can just drop me off at the nearest strip club... We can call it a day."
    Deadpool to Superman in I Need A Hero
    I figured we needed at least one deadpool quote <3

20. Dorian

Dorian Almost Human

Assistant Detective
    Race:
    Android
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Wouldn't we be the best progressive ship? I mean, when else do you have a pairing that's slash, interracial AND interspecies? I think I'm going to name it Deadrian." @Deadpool to Dorian in Faults and Violence

Deadpool and Genie like this.