By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden and Unexpected

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Satya Vaswani, Jul 5, 2018.

1. "Yes," she replied as her eyes were caught and held by that tag and what it meant. Her eyebrow twitched. "But I do believe that your shirt is inside-out."

Danny Fenton likes this.
  2. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Huh?" Danny blinked and then glanced down. He pulled at the tag, almost as if it didn't register at first. "Ugh!" Danny smacked himself in the forehead and quickly took off the shirt to correct it. As he fiddled with the shirt, pulling it inside out, the scars on his body were in full display. Most were light, almost as if they weren't that big of a deal. But the number of them was beyond what a normal teenager would posses. Plenty of slash marks and old burns, some several inches long crisscrossed along the front and back of his torso.

"Sorry about that." Danny said as he shrugged the shirt back on. Finally, dressed, Danny grabbed one of the half dozen mugs he owned and filled it from the sink. "Here you are. The Fenton resident special, gourmet tap water."

3. Satya couldn't help but stare wide-eyed at the scars in surprise and shock. How on earth had this youth managed to get injured so often, and so horribly? Her mouth opened to ask, but before she could piece together the words his shirt was on and he was holding the mug of water out to her. Her mouth shut with a click of teeth, and she took the mug from him.

As she sipped at the perfectly adequate water, her mind turned to her own small collection of scars. Thankfully, they were all small, for the most part, and in locations that could be concealed easily, but each was an imperfection that grated on her when she couldn't ignore them. The majority of them were obtained during the operations the Corporation sent her on, and as such most had negative memories of varying intensities associated with them. And of course, her prosthetic wasn't nearly as easy to ignore, with how central it was to her hardlight manipulation skills...

She took another swig of her water in an attempt to cover up her discomfort, though the attempt had limited success.

Danny Fenton likes this.
  4. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    All of the sudden, Symmetra seemed really uncomfortable with Danny. He gave her a quizzical look, unsure what brought that on. Was it because he took his shirt off? Lots of guys did that. Heck, it was like the thing to do in summer. Granted, Danny didn't really do it that often, but still! Maybe he was just too scrawny... Boy that was a depressing thought. Danny hung his head and went back to doing dishes.

The only plus side to this whole mess was that now his room was kind of clean and he got the dishes done. There weren't a lot in the first place since it was just him. Frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that he didn't have many dishes in the first place he might not have actually felt obligate to do them in any sort of timely manner.

5. Once she finished her water, Satya set the mug on the counter. In the silence that followed Danny putting his shirt back on, her discomfort had started to morph into curiosity, until she just had to ask.

"How... where did you get all of those scars?"

6. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Crud! His scars. He was so focused on not looking like a total moron he actually forgot the reason he didn't take his shirt off in public. Granted, his parents weren't around so it wasn't like anyone could call CPS on them (and boy did he want to avoid THAT), but it still wasn't a conversation he wanted to have. Danny had a secret identity to keep!

"Uh... the football team."

7. Satya fixed him with a stare. She might not be so good with social stuff, but when a lie was that blatant even she could see it.

"The football team," she echoed dryly. "You play football, and that's what gave you those scars."

8. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "They play me." Danny replied flatly. Thank Clockwork for school bullies. Granted, most of the scars weren't actually from Dash. Actually, only just the one. Still, it wasn't entirely lie! Just... 90% of one.

9. "I see," Satya replies, the corner of her mouth quirking upwards.

"Now, I suppose I shall have to see about going to that town hall you mentioned. You said you were willing to show me the way?"

10. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Phew. Danny exhaled a little sigh, happy that worked. Even Danny had to admit that his ability to lie was subpar at best. It only really worked back home because everyone in Amity Park was oblivious. Most didn't pay attention to Danny Fenton. Plus he looked and acted different enough as Phantom to throw off most suspicion. Unfortionatly, people in Pandora were a lot sharper and hiding his secret was a whole lot harder.

"Yeah, I can do that." Danny trotted back to his room and snatched his keys, wallet, and phone from their spot next to the mattress. He came out a moment later and headed for the door. "It's not far."

11. Satya followed Danny to the door, instinctively squinting her eyes against the expected bright sunlight. Once her eyes had adjusted, more quickly than she'd been expecting, she looked around at her new surroundings.

12. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The mist wasn't too bad that day. In fact, the summer sun seemed to burn off a good amount of the ever present fog that gave Misty Hollow its name. Heck, he could even see a good ways down the street, which was empty aside from them. Not really surprising. Joseph and his kids had moved away. The other neighbors were busy, single adults, two of whom Danny had yet to meet.

Once Danny locked up, he headed down the street, waving for Symmetra to follow. "So... welcome to Misty Hollow. The sky isn't actually that color by the way." Danny said, pointing upwards towards the visible barrier. "This place is a little more dangerous then most. Lots of ghosts and monsters and stuff. The barrier keeps the worst of it out of town. So if you want to travel on foot, you'll need to be careful."

13. "Wait." Satya's eyes snapped to Danny's face. "Ghosts? Ghosts aren't real." They couldn't be real. There was no evidence for them. Granted, she lived in a world where people like her could make buildings out of light, sapient gorillas existed, and that rumored former Overwatch agent who was dislocated from the time stream (or something like that) was a thing. But ghosts couldn't be real.

Could they? It was a different world, apparently, so...

14. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yeah? Tell that to them." Danny chuckled and smiled knowingly.

"Oh!" Danny turned around and walked backwards so he could enjoy Symmtra's reaction. "I've got a roommate by the way. He's from my world. A ghost named Danny Phantom. And before you say it, yes, I know our names sound alike. Everyone says that. He's one of the vigilante heroes so you're more likely to see him on patrol or something than at my place."

At least this lie was one Danny was used to telling. It started back when he first arrived and accidentally revealed to various people that Fenton and Phantom lived in the same house. So, it became a habit for Danny to just tell them he had a ghostly roommate. Super's arrival helped validate the lie since, at least for three months, people got to see Fenton and Phantom side by side.

15. Satya's eyes were wide behind her visor, her mouth opening to say something. Then it shut with a click of teeth, and she almost visibly set the subject aside to deal with later.

"Okay," she said, drawing the word out. "That, um... that is nice to know... I suppose."

16. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Huh. He expected more of a startled reaction or denial about ghosts. Guess not. Danny turned around with a shrug. As they walked he pointed out the street that lead to the main shopping district as well as various places that were good to eat or too expensive for him to try. Danny also made sure to point out the Defense Headquarters where the Defenders, Misty Hollows approved squad of guards and monster hunters, resided. Mostly just typical tour guide stuff really.

Finally, they arrived at City Hall. Danny stopped at the bottom of the front steps and waved towards the official looking building. "And that concludes the Fenton Tour. Have a good day and watch for ghosts on your way out."

17. Satya was silent for the most part as she listened to Danny's impromptu tour of the town, doing her best to commit the information to memory. She made special note of the Defense Headquarters since, while she didn't know what the things Danny referred to as 'ghosts' and 'monsters' actually were and thus she might not be best equipped to fight them, she did have combat training. She might feel the need to contribute to the defense of the town, after all, even if she had no intention of making it her primary occupation here.

Once they reached City Hall, Satya smiled at Danny. "Thank you for guiding me, and for all of your help thus far." She pressed her palms together before her and bowed to him. Upon rising, she frowned and tapped her chin in thought. "I simply must repay your kindness. Tell you what, you can keep the items I made earlier, and... Well, it is rather undignified to sleep on a mattress on the floor, is it not? Once I'm done here, I'll drop by and make a bed frame for you."

18. Danny Fenton

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "No problem." Danny said, smiling back. Symmetra bowed to Danny and he did his best to try and mimic her. He didn't really know what she was doing or why, but it just kind of seemed polite. "Besides, you kind of literally dropped in on me so... it's the least I could do to help."

As far as Danny was concerned, this was a job well done. He'd helped her and that was that. The last thing Danny expected was for her to insist on repaying him. Even better, he was getting a bed frame out of the deal. "Really?!" Danny's eyes shined with excitement and he pumped his fist into the air. "Awesome! I'll meet you back at my place! Oh, wait, here's my number so you can text or call me if you get lost."

With everything said and done, Danny waved jovially at Symmetra and ran off, his mind filed with what kind of bed he wanted. Eventually, he settled on one of those awesome bunkbeds with a desk set underneath instead of a second bed. Granted, Danny didn't know if Symmetra could (or would) do that, but he could dream.