By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Tea time

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Rebekah Mikaelson, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Rebekah Mikaelson

Rebekah Mikaelson The Vampire Diaries

Race:
    Original Vampire
    Physical 18-19. Actually over 1000 years old
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    [​IMG]

April 16th, Year 7

@Will Graham

[​IMG]
    The day was heading to its end with the last rays of the sun creeping into the living-room through the windows. Things had changed once again in the town and Rebekh had started to feel as if she had to run and hide her true nature again. Corruption, fear and prejudice had conquered the hearts of the citizens. A sigh escaped form the back of her throat before the bell pulled her out of her thoughts and she rushed to open the door. The person standing at the threshold surprised her.

“Mr. Graham.” Surprise became audible in her voice. The Original had not seen the man in quite a while. Nevertheless, before her wedding she had seized the opportunity to apologize for her behavior during the aftermath of the attack against Light’s life. Indeed, she had been over-dramatic and a bit rude. On her defense though, she had almost lost a loved one because he had been brutally bitten a few inches from his death by a person who kept evading the justice system.

A soft smile curled her lips. “I was making tea.” She stepped aside and motioned gently with her hand for him to follow, her gesture serving as a polite invitation into the apartment but without speaking the actual words. Maybe the rule applied solely to vampires, yet, she had decided to take no risks. Experience had taught her the various dangers of carelessly letting a stranger inside her home and, although Will was not an unfamiliar face, she could never be too careful.

Will Graham likes this.
  2. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Will had sent a text message beforehand but now he was thinking it might have been better to call the house first when Rebekah opened the door. “Hello, miss...do you use Light’s surname now or still your own?” It was an odd question for sure, but he didn’t know if she did take his surname, despite their marriage.

Though he did notice her moving to the side and her offer of tea, he didn’t want to intrude or anything like that. “I don’t want to bother you, but is Light here? I wanted to speak with his concerning a case...”

Rebekah Mikaelson likes this.
  3. Rebekah Mikaelson

Race:
    Original Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    [​IMG]
    “No, I chose to continue using my own.” A brief pause followed, as though she thoroughly thought of the most appropriate response. “My family’s surname is not easily or frivolously abandoned.”

The Original stood aside, hoping that the man would walk through the threshold. “Please, you don’t bother me.” A polite smile curled the corner of her lips, reaching her bright sky-colored eyes.

“Light is not here right now but I’m sure he won’t be long.” The vampire understood the urgency of talking about a case and how a seemingly insignificant delay could complicate a situation.

Therefore, Rebekah did not want to let Will leave. “Whatever brought you in our doorstep must be quite important, so you can wait for him.” Her voice sounded both inviting and encouraging.

Will Graham likes this.
  4. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    “Alright, Ms. Mikaelson,” he replied. Will would have told her he’d come later if Light wasn’t here, but it was apparent that Rebekah wasn’t the type of woman to be said no too.

With a nod, he accepted the invitation inside. It was Light’s old apartment and while it looked the same, Will could tell that Rebekah had a hand in the decorating. It was interesting to see a change, even though Light hasn’t changed much in personality.

At her response on the case, Will said, “It urgent enough that I need another pair of eyes. I can’t say more than that.” Due to the Department’s nature of it being like the FBI and the CIA, he couldn’t tell the general public about ongoing cases.

5. Rebekah Mikaelson

Race:
    Original Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    [​IMG]
    Pleased with herself, Rebekah closed the door behind the detective. However, he soon declared that he would not say much concerning the case which had forced him to seek for assistance.

“I understand the confidential nature of your work.” In actuality, Rebekah had become accustomed to Light’s display of reluctance about sharing information regarding important cases. Therefore, she had no doubt concerning the way mr. Graham would choose to handle a similar situation.

“Surely though, a different perspective might allow you to escape from the dead end.” After leading her guest to the living room, she gestured towards the soft sofa. “Have a seat.” The vampire brought another cup of forest fruit flavored tea before sitting on an armchair opposite to Will.

“My husband is quite cautious as well. Aside from remaining true to his duties and focused on his mission, he also comprehends how criminals think. He is a great asset.” The Original was proud of her significant other because he had accomplished so much at such a young age.

Will Graham likes this.
  6. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    At least Rebekah understood the gravity of their works—while others did as well, Will had met more than his fair share of persistent individuals that thought ‘no’ meant a ‘maybe’. So yes, it was refreshing to have a different reaction.

“Thank you,” he replied as he sat down on the couch. She then brought another cup of tea and when it was given to him, he accepted it as well. It was red forest fruits blend—usually, he preferred coffee but tea was nice enough as well.

Will nodded with her words, smiling at them as well. “He does have an interesting mindset. It helps with his work,” he said taking a sip. Compared to when he first met Light, the young man has certainly grown both in skill and knowledge. His strong sense of justice still remained and for that, it was good.

“How are you, Ms. Mikaelson? Is work going well?” Being the head of a government position is always stressful, but she’s good with what she does.

7. Rebekah Mikaelson

Race:
    Original Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    [​IMG]
    A smile played across her lips when the man thanked her. “You’re welcome.” The vampire felt the calming effects of the tea as she took another sip of the warm liquid. Mr. Graham’s next comment praised Light’s mind and she did not fail to respond accordingly.

“Thankfully, I am not the only one to appreciate him.” Beyond doubt, her husband had a different perspective on many issues. Then, her own job became the subject of the conversation. “Please, call me Rebekah.” After a brief pause, she finally shared her thoughts.

“Due to the number of violent arrivals which have occurred recently, the fear for the unknown has surely increased among the citizens. When terror prevails, people often decide to take matters into their own hands.” Her words trailed off while she lowered her head.

Moments later, Rebekah’s attention returned to her guest. “Through panic, irrational deeds are soon to follow and chaos could spread with remarkable ease.” Concern lingered in her bright blue eyes. “One of my responsibilities is to ensure the stability of our community.”

Perhaps she should not have started a discussion about the current problems the government had to deal with or her personal worries. Especially with the detective on the receiving end. However, the Original was absolutely certain that he understood how a society worked.

Will Graham likes this.
  8. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Despite being rough around the edges, he knew that Light was a good man. Strong moral compass and means well. Will just hoped that with some things, he could learn to be more open-minded. Things are not black and white, despite how someone might believe that. “And you can call me Will, Rebekah.”

Will nodded gravely at her reply. “You can only do your best, especially such as what happened in winter,” Pandora was an ever-changing world that could bring any type of individual or situation to this place. It didn’t help, especially with murder spree like what happened at the bar with Kovacs. While he was not in his right mind, he still murdered all those people, but again, he could understand the how and why of that case.

“Makes one wonder what could be different if we were more prepared, or anything like that. How many needless deaths we could have prevented.” He took another sip of his tea as he mused over his words.

9. Rebekah Mikaelson

Race:
    Original Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    [​IMG]
    A bright smile curled the corners of her lips when Will called with her first name and allowed her to act accordingly. Although the effort to use good manners image could become a little tiring, still the vampire did not believe that the person in front of her judged people by the society’s formalities.

Her expression soon changed into a mask of sincere disappointment. “Sometimes, doing you best in not enough.” The Original averted her eyes before lowering her head. Although her responsibilities did not include the safety of the citizens, still a hint of guilt managed to creep in her heart anyway.

A soft sigh escaped from the back of her throat. “Without possessing the necessary tools to prepare a proper strategy, nothing could have changed.” Instead of blaming the loss of a large number of citizens solely on the failure of the authorities, the blond preferred to believe something different.

“Individuals arrive without warning every day. Such is the nature of this world.” Rebekah’s body seemed to relax against the sofa but her mind was racing. “Perhaps predictions regarding the new arrivals are possible due to the mages and the scientists. Yet, how accurate could a system become?”

Will Graham likes this.
  10. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Will understood that sentiment. Despite how many times he could solve cases, arrest the killers, some people will have lost their lives. He could only do the most he could, without trying to lose himself in their minds and their emotions. The exercises Hannibal gave him definitely helped.

Will felt that Rebekah was wise beyond her years. She was good for the government; had a good head on her shoulders and wasn’t looking out for herself. Sure, a majority of the people in the government had good intentions but Will didn’t know them as well as Rebekah or Margolotta.

At her question, Will leaned back on the sofa as well. “A system like as accurate as the creator will think about making it. Magic and programs are made by man; it will go as far as our capacity for probabilities will go. But there will always be something we never considered, didn’t think about. That will be what a system can not predict.”

Will sighed. “There are too many risks involved, unfortunately. We just have no way to know when the next arrival will come and if said arrival will be hostile or not.”

11. Rebekah Mikaelson

Race:
    Original Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    [​IMG]
    “Then we are hopeless.” Her voice dropped to a mere whisper. “Helpless. Defenseless. The lives of so many are in the mercy of this world.” Unlike the vampire, who was already dead, her husband along with countless humans would face a perilous situation.

“What if someone powerful and mad enough to cause real chaos arrives?” Her bright sky-colored eyes remained focused on her cup of tea. Fortunately, she possessed certain powers but others were not as lucky. Moreover, even an Original had weaknesses.

“A person capable of mass destruction would...” She trailed off because her own thoughts became unbearable. Despite the lingering sense of desperation, Rebekah’s heart suddenly felt less heavy.

“Apologies.” She rushed to say while shaking her head dismissively. “I should not burden you with my concerns.” A smile formed on her lips, hiding her worries. “Besides, I believe I am unauthorized to share the government’s confidential information.”

She straightened her back and a deep breath filling her lungs. “Since you helped me, perhaps I can return the kindness. Although I am not a detective, I am good at solving mysteries. With a few clues of your case, maybe I can offer a new perspective.”

Will Graham likes this.
  12. Will Graham

Will Graham Hannibal

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Her response was...accurate. There was always that possibility of things going to hell but it wasn’t like people like them could do anything about this; they were human, normal people that just lived here in Pandora.

Their lives here could end as quickly as it started if Pandora had its’ way.

While her concerns were valid, she shouldn’t be the one to shoulder all this responsibility. But Will couldn’t do that much either...just listen. Though he didn’t know when he suddenly became a confidant to people he didn’t know well.

Will shifted in his seat when she apologized. “I’m still an investigator for the DoI, but I think that might be best. I don’t want you to get in trouble. But I do understand how you feel, even though I can’t help much.”

At her other words, he frowned. He didn’t really want to expose people to violence that could be avoided. Though he does remember that Rebekah had been the one to find Light when he’d been attacked by Kramer.

“A new perspective might help, though I can’t...well, it’s not a tame crime.”

-----------
    OOC: I think we can wrap it up in a few posts.