HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS

Discussion in 'Mages Guild' started by Gellert Grindelwald, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

1. Gellert Grindelwald

Gellert Grindelwald Harry Potter

Race:
    Wizard
    Directory:
    link
    Hello fellow magic friends! So Gellert, under the appearance of Percival Graves, has been working with the Department of Magical Advancements and part of the Mages guild for a little while now. What he wants to do now that he has a feel for who all is in the group and the sorts of magic that exist around Pandora is see what he can use for himself.

What I'm looking to do is have some threads where maybe Graves is around to help you out with something you're doing for the Guild, whether it's portal work or energy stuff or IDK WHATEVER STUFF PEOPLE ARE DOING AROUND PANDORA USING THEIR MAGIC. Or maybe someone needs his help with something personal!

Along with that, I'm looking to have him start to chat with people about their views on people with magic vs. people without magic, to get a feel for anyone who may feel a sense of superiority about their powers over normal humans. He'd definitely like to make some connections here and start to put in place some sort of 'why do we not just rule this world' mentality among those with magic.

TL;DR: Gellert needs to have some more meetings with magical folks, poke around at some other kinds of magic, see how powerful his friends here are, and see if they wanna be 'hey we're better than normal humans' allies! :)

I'm also totally open to other plots/ideas for him as well so if this isn't particularly interesting for you but you have another idea that is, I'd love to hear it! <3

2. Homura Akemi

Homura Akemi Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Akuma
    Race:
    Demonic Magical Girl
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Well no one from the magic guild has actually made contact with Homura, during the whole watches thing they were supposed to but it never happened. So no one really knows her and maybe even know she's apart of the guild. So I don't know weather Gelberts would even know about her, and if so it's fairly limited in knowledge due to having no direct threads with any member.

Now if Gelbert wants to approach her on his holier then thou tirade, he's welcome to do that. But despite her alignment as Chaotic evil, she'd not be keen on his idea. Because she wasn't always magic and gained it through means that she now regrets, which basically says that she was human/muggle first and then gained magic.

So I don't think Gelbert would like that all that much, plus she regrets the powers she got because of all the tragedy that followed. I mean I'm cool with a thread, but I don't think Homura will be keen on his Muggle bigotry, but I'm sure it'd be a fun thread XD

3. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    I've wanted to throw Merlin at Grindelwald for a long time and this might be the perfect opportunity. =) Obviously Merlin is a well known name where Grindelwald comes from and not necessarily entire because of the whole myth thing like in most other cases, which I think could be really interesting! He definitely won't get the answers that he wants from Merlin because despite the situation he comes from, he's still very pro-human, but the encounter could be SUPER interesting! And, hey, he might have an interest in checking out the school and seeing if that's gonna be an issue for him or something he can take advantage of.

I just think there's potentially a lot we can do with these two!

4. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Homura Akemi, as far as I remember, you never told us whether the thread happened or not! I didn't even realize there was one, hahaha. We can still post in it if you want, as it'd be pretty impossible in character for her to be a Mages Guild member without her having come into contact with a member. (I always figured every new prospective member went through a small interview with Khadgar before joining anyway, seeing as he's the leader in all. Something of a screening process to determine whether you're cool beans or not.)

As for Percival Graves now, well! Khadgar's a scholar at heart, so he'd be keen on learning more about Percival's kind of magic, so he'd be happy to share information on his own magic in turn. As an archmage, he's pretty powerful and he's studied various types of magic over the years so he's skilled in adapting and rewriting spells. I don't imagine he's very pro-mage, though he understands the dangers of keeping magic out of the hands of those who would abuse it or become addicted to it. (Magic addiction is a very real problem back in his world.)

Khadgar is technically Percival's boss (hohoho) so any threads between these two would be fun either way!

5. Homura Akemi

Homura Akemi Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Akuma
    Race:
    Demonic Magical Girl
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Homura wouldn't mind talking about magic to Gell, though like I said earlier that hers came from a source she's not keen on. Despite the fact she has it and its entire race in her thrall, but outside of the things she's been learning here. I don't know if Homura's magic can be shared by anyone else, as it's more a power gained rather the a field studied. And I doubt he'd be keen on becoming a magical man, especially since he already is so going through Kyubey would be unlikely.

And @Khadgar I was waiting on word from you guys, as to weather to start a thread regarding the clocks event. Mostly because you guys said you wanted to do it later so waited till later, and that never came. As for the interview process you speak of, it's unlikely because of the fact she ran to Cascade Bay to get away from Pandora Town. Due to the nature of her arrival, also no one from the Mage's Guild joined that thread either. Which is still on going technically, the only responders being Luke, Cas, Waylon and Fendell none of which are guild members.

Back to Gell, you're welcome to come visit Homura in Cascade. Maybe she can give you information but she's not likely to join your cause without some serious persuasion. Maybe Gell would be interested in Kyubey's people, if Gell as any interest in alien biology which also uses magic as a primary source of energy. Homura might be interested in parting with an Incubator (Kyubey's race) if you'd be willing to pay for or earn it in some way.

6. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Homura Akemi Ah, my bad, I never got the alert in your brainstorm thread when you tagged me about the attack. And afaik there's only a thread between myself and Yennefer so far as to the Stop the Clocks event. However, if Homura is indeed behind whatever destruction befell Pandora Town on her arrival -- and considering she sounds a lot like a villain if her alignment is Chaotic Evil -- then I sincerely doubt that the Mages Guild would accept her as a member! You can still plot whatever you want with Percival Graves ofc, I just doubt she'd be a member if she is all about wanton destruction.

SORRY FOR HIJACKING YOUR THREAD, ELLE.

7. Gellert Grindelwald

Race:
    Wizard
    Directory:
    link
    YAY REPLIES! Also in general - yeah, I'm thinking not many, if any, people are actually going to agree with his mindset when he casually brings it up in conversation just to test the waters. If that bit of things doesn't go anywhere that's totally fine! I mostly just want him actively out there trying to gather more information for himself! :)

@Homura Akemi - hmmmmm, we might have to find another way for these two to end up meeting someday. If she isn't actively doing things with the Guild at all at the moment he wouldn't really know she exists at all, especially since he's never even been out Cascade Bay way yet. :( But perhaps they can cross paths over something else! He would certainly be interested to know there were people out there who could be GIVEN magical abilities, and not just born with them. And he would be super unhappy about that idea.

@Merlin Ambrosius - YES HE WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN A MAGIC SCHOOL. Mostly the sorts of kids learning there and who he might use find to befriend >.>. Also uh, yeah, MERLIN. that's a big deal. Would you want to have them meet over something Guild-y, or maybe just have Gellert make a visit to the school to poke around at things and they can meet there?

@Khadgar - No worries on the thread hijack! xD As for these two, Ugh Gellert hates when people are his boss. Why can't he just be his own boss. but these two would be a lot of fun! He's super up for a bit of magic explanation trading, and would definitely seek out some sort of meeting with the head of the guild here just to get a better sense of who/what he's dealing with and aligning himself with in this world by joining up. Maybe they could meet up so Khadgar could get a sense of what he's capable of and what to assign him to for Guild things? (IDK HOW THAT ALL WORKS TBH) or any other ideas you have!

Merlin Ambrosius and Khadgar like this.
  8. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Maybe something at the mages guild! I have had very little chance to actually write at the mages guild and I have a lot of 'person comes to see merlin at his school' threads, so that spice things up a little bit for me personally. =P If that's okay! Maybe Merlin is in their little library perusing spellbooks or something!

9. Gellert Grindelwald

Race:
    Wizard
    Directory:
    link
    @Merlin Ambrosius - YES GOOD. I am totally fine with this! What dates work for Merlin? :) ...also i might just walk over to your room to hash out details rather than like 2 more back-and-forths here so yOU KNOW WHAT NEVER MIND THAT QUESTION. I'll ask you in like a minute and then get something started xD

Merlin Ambrosius likes this.
  10. Yennefer of Vengerberg

Race:
    Sorceress
    Just got back from Vacation so lemme whisper in yo ear!....

So Yennefer doesn't trust anyone, especially if he's a government official as well she'll be a bit more cold and aloof. So he'd have to work a bit to get any sort of opinion of 'Magic is Might' out of her.

BUT if he's willing to be his suave self, he might discover that Yennefer has some low-key concerns about nonmagical folk. Particularly their witch-hunty style of banding together and going after anyone they see as 'abnormal'. And certainly she'd be down for some kind of regulation of nonmagical people (essentially they shouldn't be allowed to just have these random riots and go after magical folk with near to zero repercussions).

She doesn't think Magical people should rule the world either mind. But if he's suave enough he can dance around that. 'Maybe it WOULD be better if someone who is magical in nature made the rules in a place where the majority of people are some kind of magical/supernatural person? Humans are of the minority here, after all. Why should they have the majority voice?'

idk my brain is still a bit fried from air travel hopefully that makes sense <.< >.> <.< Basically it sounds like Gelly has the sneak perk to kinda get on Yen's good side and figure she might be manipulated, like others in the Mages Guild? She'll be straight up pissed if she finds out the full of his dastardly plans fyi so you gotta be sneaaaky

11. Gellert Grindelwald

Race:
    Wizard
    Directory:
    link
    @Yennefer of Vengerberg - man, why doesn't anyone just wanna let my boy here rule the world? Is it really so much to ask?
    But really all of that sounds fantastic, and if he gets even the slightest hint from her that she might not fully trust non-magical people he's definitely going to sneaky!exploit that however he can in his favor.

Did you have any particular way you'd want them to meet up? Or shall we pull a generic 'oh look at us both doing Mage things at the Mage place' sort of scenario? xD