By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

tear you apart » dark merlin plots!!! [closed]

Discussion in 'Seasonal Events' started by Merlin Ambrosius, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

tear you apart

dark merlin !

So, with the Twinsies plot, we'll be seeing some Dark Merlin this season! This is going to have to be a serious collaboration because I don't play villains and I honestly have no idea what I am doing.

[​IMG]

Okay so what's the difference between Real Merlin and Dark Merlin?
    • Far more pro-nonhuman and doesn't hold as much emotion for humanity
    • Still has a crapton of emotion and care toward his own kind
    • Has a very 'this society won't accept us, so we make our own' ideology and is a fan of snuffing out humanity in the long-run
    • Much more willing to do ~~bad things~~ to fulfill his goals (i.e. murder, torture, blackmail, selling people out, etc)
    • Will throw a member of his own kind under the bus for the cause
    • A+++ Actor, will tell people what they want to hear for the cause but will also be brutally honest for the cause
    • Is very 'do what it takes, no matter the cost ... to others'
    • If you stab him in the back, hE WILL COME AFTER YOU
    • ... Does not have Regular Merlin's sense of humor
    What does Dark Merlin actually want to do in Pandora?
    • ... Octi sucks at this part tbh, but hopefully you guys can help???
    • Taking Real Merlin's place at Schola Praeditos
    • Collecting magical artifacts because tbh they all belong in magical hanDS AKA HIS HANDS 8D
    • Find like-minded allies. But also, he'll throw you under the bus in a second.
    • Potentially turning Schola into a stronghold????
    • Instead of educating, actually training Schola students to fight????
    • Turn Tiberian Islands overall into a haven for nonhumans????
    • WANT TO DROP YOUR CHARACTER? Please let Merlin murder them. <3
    In a nutshell, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING! I don't play villains, but I have also wanted to give Dark Merlin a go, so throw your ideas at me!!! =)

RESCUING REAL MERLIN!So, naturally, if Dark Merlin is going to take his own place, then he needs to do something about Real Merlin. He will be sealing Real Merlin in a cave way out on the cliffside all Crystal Cave style, and I'm looking to have him freed by the end of the season! This will involve, of course, people finding out Dark Merlin is not Real Merlin, and then working out wtf actually HAPPENED to Real Merlin. If you guys have any ideas or have folks interested in being involved with freeing him, let me know!!

The TimelineMARCH 4: Dark Merlin appears in Pandora. He lays low. May have some encounters, but will absolutely 100% pretending to be Real Merlin.
    MARCH 9: Real Merlin is abducted by Evil Superman!!!!
    MARCH 29 (?): Dark Merlin approaches Evil Superman to make a deal. Is handed Real Merlin in exchange for his cooperation. SEALS REAL MERLIN IN THE CLIFFSIDE CAVE! Mostly so he can't get in the way, because he totally will.
    APRIL 8: Merlin is rescued from Evil Superman. Nobody realizes they are actually rescuing Dark Merlin.

AFTER THAT? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HELP ME!

2. OKAY SO we already had some vague ideas of Flagg aggravating Merlin in the future, but this gets me to thinking about which Merlin he'd actually prefer. Because while Dark!Merlin is definitely more aligned with Flagg's own viewpoints, he's also something of a wild card which Flagg does not like, especially since Dark!Merlin would... remind-without-reminding him of the Merlin from his own world. Which is just all kinds of fuck-off feelings.

SO I FEEL LIKE HE'D ACTUALLY BE GAME TO MOUNT A RESCUE MISSION. Not necessarily to be a good guy, but to put a big, dumb spanner in Dark!Merlin's works? Plus, once he gets a notion of what actual Merlin is like, he'll 100% prefer to have him lurking about as opposed to low-key Satan over there.

>> and Merlin will owe him so fuck u HE'S INVADING UR SCHOOL AND CAUSING CHAOS

Merlin Ambrosius likes this.
  3. Porpentina Goldstein

Porpentina Goldstein Harry Potter

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    If Merlin's going to be taking over the school I'd love to throw Tina his way. If he's collecting the magical artefacts then maybe she could question him about it if say he tried to take something really rare from the archives/vaults at the school? She is really good at getting in people's way. And she'd also have a lot of reservations about him turning the school into some kind of stronghold lol! Depending how overt you wanted to go with that she might challenge him on it??

4. Well actually, Evil!Superman is going to be messing with John this season and getting on his bad side, and I was actually thinking of him coming across Merlin anyway while investigating this jerkface who decided to come after him. So like...maybe if you and Ophie are cool with it, John could just happen to find @Superman's clone and Merlin's clone making their trade, either by lurking invisibly in the shadows or by searching through any mirrors/reflective-type-surfaces in Superman's lair?

This could open the door for some interesting plots if you wanted to do things with this. Dark!Merlin and John encountering one another, John knowing that this isn't the real Merlin, but not outright saying it as he attempts to get the measure of this new Merlin, the subtle tension lurking just beneath the surface of those interactions. Maybe even somewhere along the line it could slip that John knows, and Merlin could try and recruit him to his side because better to have a powerful magic user working with you rather than against you... (Honestly, I'm just imagining Uskers here just being his smart-ass teenager self and being all "So tell me Merlin, what are your actual, post-revolution plans for a this all-magical society?" *chinhands*)

I could see John helping out with the rescue mission too, if y'all wanted, 'cause he *does* happen to like Merlin

Merlin Ambrosius and Superman like this.
  5. Qrow Branwen

Professor at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    I can't resist this. It sounds like such an interesting plot and I think you're doing great at villain stuff Octi so don't you even worry!

I could see Qrow being blind to Evil Merlin, especially if he's a good actor, and Qrow could totally get roped into unintentionally helping him with teaching the kids more combat oriented stuff, turning the school and islands into stronghold, what have you. He's kind of... blindly loyal to people he's attached himself to, and even if Evil Merlin let a little bit of his less-than-honorable goals slip out, Qrow might even be like.... well, that's unfortunate, but if that's the way it's gotta be, then so be it. -sigh/shrug-

That being said, there was a whole civil war back in Remnant between Humans and Faunus, and if it was blatantly revealed that Evil Merlin was super anti-human, (and especially if Qrow became aware of innocent people being killed or whatever) Qrow might back off and be like 'Hey wait, this isn't what I signed up for. I don't want to be involved in this shit.'

So yeah, if you want a manipulable follower inside of Schola for a while, Qrow's your guy.

6. Hey, so Elspeth helped rescue Dark Merlin from Evil Superman, so if sue ever finds out that it was the wrong Merlin, she may hold herself accountable? And try and find the real Merlin? As long as the cave doesn't have any form of natural shielding, Elspeth would be able to find him pretty easily. She'd just need to be looking for him.

Alternatively, she could just stumble on him by accident looking for a place for Obernewtyn, or while farseeking for fun and profit.

7. Have you met Irina? No? Well, she could be great for this plot haha!
    She's really into taking over the world and making people jump at each others' throats to destroy it, so she would sooo use Dark!Merlin's ambitions to fuel the fire in the conflict human/non-human. She canonically likes training children/teenager into assassins, so she could help at the Schola (especially if she can steal some for her own secret organization)!
    She has two magical artifacts with her, but she certainly won't give them to him (those are HER demons, you thief!)
    Honestly, she would also throw him under the bus if she had too (maybe she could find him too unpredictable and detrimental to her plans, and she could be the one to accuse him of being a fake Merlin, she could then start the searches for the Real Merlin, to get him and the Schola on her side "definitively" [before she does something really really bad, I mean]??)

In conclusion, a little "underground" assassin trainer in the Schola and a partner "sharing his ideals" behind the scenes? She could even try to find some artifacts for him! (using @Crowley's information network, of course haha!)

8. Melda

Melda Player

Directory:
    link
    Eeeeeeeyyyy...so we already talked about Mordred realizing that Dark!Merlin is not the Merlin he knows and wants to be friends with, because Dark!Merlin won't be as suspicious of Mordred and what motives he may or may not have. I think he'll take a subtle approach to confronting him about it in a similar way he did in the show? Not involving other people, not trying to out him (at least at first) and just trying to have a solo convo to ask wtf is wrong with him. xD If Dark!Merlin is fairly upfront about his goals that's gonna ring a lot of Morgana-esque warning bells for Mordred, and then he'll definitely know it's not the real Merlin. Cue the 'what have you done with Merlin' confrontation and Mordred doing everything in his power to find him. Like, idk, wandering through Pandora yelling his name telepathically or something.

I'm about to throw him into the rescue thread god i'm so late i'm an awful person, but perhaps he'd confide in one or two of them that seem particularly trustworthy/loyal to Merlin/have a useful power or skillset, and get the real search and rescue underway?

9. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    Alright, a couple ideas for this. :) Bear with me, because I'm working on 'loose ideas' and not 'hard timefram stuff' because I'm terrible

Menolly could probably realize that Dark Merlin is not Real Merlin, and possibly track down Real Merlin based on what's going on with his little fire lizard? If not, that's totally cool, but it might be fun. alternately, I'm totally fine having Dark Merlin seriously hurt her or her fire lizards, either because she questions his methods at the school or goes after her students for something.

Also, if he wants to actually kill someone I have Bishamonten. She's a god, but she's not an omnipotent or omniscient type, she's not TERRIBLY fond of sorcerers and she's very protective of mundanes and mortals, as well as annoyingly honorable and lawful. Full disclosure, she might reincarnate after this and come back as a pint-sized goddess with no memory of what happened to her previous self, which could mean he could easily just pick up the small one and have a goddess to raise until he's done away with, or to back him up? Just a thought. XD

10. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    just popping to say im totes okay with @John Uskglass spying on dem through the mirrors in the fortress!! its def 100% possible, go wiiiiild!!!

11. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Apologies for the delay getting back to you all!! I really appreciate all of the interest, though! <3

I'm gonna address everybody kind of in general but also kind of individually (???) because there are a lot of very similar thoughts going around and I don't want to write the same thing a hundred times, so here's my ... hopefully slightly intelligible word vomit ???? Hopefully I cover everybody, but if not, yell at me!!!

Outing MerlinOkay, so while I would love for him to be outed, I don't want EVERYBODY to know right away that it's not him. I don't mind a couple of people realizing it fairly early, but in general, I do intend for Merlin to make like kind of subtle moves here and there until closer to the end of the season when he's trying to turn the school into something more than ... just a school, and maybe that's when people can actually try to deal with him. xD

I do enjoy the idea of @John Uskglass initially spying on them early on as long as he doesn't intend to, like ... immediately out him LOL! If you do think that's a possibility, then I think I would rather him find out later on and have to deal with him then.

@Mordred finding out is totally a no brainer and I'm so pumped for this confrontation??? And for real Merlin to finally meet Mordred??? asljfhalsjfhalsjf Maybe @Randall Flagg can find out from @Mordred that he's not the real Merlin, since Mordred knows how Merlin is so well?

Rescuing real!MerlinThere are a lot of volunteers for this, which is AMAZING, but I'm not super comfortable with large group threads, so I'm going to have to choose a fairly small group for the actual rescue thread. I'm thinking maybe @Mordred, @Randall Flagg, and @John Uskglass?

At the moment, I think it would probably make the most sense for @Mordred to be there, especially since he'll probably be able to track down Merlin via his magic! They'll need a lot of magical power to get through the powerful wards Merlin has set up, hence Flagg and John being there as well. People know Merlin is associated with John and I'm sure Flagg can weasel his way into it easily enough LOL! But also if you guys want to weigh in and think another lineup would work better, that's fine, too, seeing as my own involvement won't really be until Merlin is found since I don't think I want dark!Merlin in the thread to interfere.

If others want to be involved as well without being directly involved with the rescue thread, maybe people stay behind to redirect dark!Merlin and make sure he doesn't realize that people are actively going to find Merlin. xD Honestly, I think a thread with @Menolly where she's playing nice with him to distract him or something, which eventually goes terribly wrong would be fun!

Other Stuff
    @Porpentina Goldstein SO, he's going to be collecting magical artifacts, but he'll probably actually be keeping them in the school. Regular Merlin already keeps powerful magical artifacts in the vaults downstairs for safekeeping. They're either there or he'll deliver them to the Mages Guild, but dark!Merlin will probably be keeping them ALL at the school since that's a place he does have control over. She might notice him keeping the artifacts on total lockdown, though, and anybody who decides they need something has to go through him first.

@Elspeth Gordie There actually is a lot of shielding around the cavern Merlin is trapped in, shielding that dark!Merlin put up himself, so mentally, I don't expect her to be able to get to him. If you wanted, we could try to do something else with dark!Merlin. I'm not sure what kind of stuff she's up to, if she ever comes into contact with artifacts he might want to get his hands on, etc etc.

@Qrow Branwen YASSSS, I love this. Poor Qrow, if Merlin gave mention of his concerns that the school is a target in general and Qrow listened, he would definitely pour his attention into keeping him on his side. Maybe he could be one of the first people he chats with after he gets back from being abducted by Superman and he brings up his concerns about Superman specifically targeting the school, and we could go from there??

@Bishamonten This sounds like a lot of fun! We'd just have to work out some reason for her to get in his way, although if she is sympathetic toward humanity, there's probably a million reasons she could find him torturing information from some poor human soul somewhere. xD

@Irina Clockworker YEAHHHH ALLIES, except not really because they are both clearly going to throw each other under the bus LOL! But no, honestly, if they came across one another and she expressed interest in training his students, he might take her up on that. He won't trust her and he won't trust that his students will immediately trust cRAZY ASSASSIN TRAINING CLASS or whatever, so it could be a small class with select students or something while he works out who in the school is in and who needs to get thrown to the wolves because they won't cooperate with his ideals (lookin' at you @Porpentina Goldstein!!!)

@Randall Gladd We've already chatted and I've already told you that I love everything you said up there sO LET'S DO STUFF 8D

12. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    This sounds fine by me, as far as Menolly is concerned. :) being tricksy is up her alley, but sometimes she forgets that merely wanting to help isn't the most helpful thing, and it's definitely not immunity to the situation of being surrounded by massively more powerful people.

Also, this is definitely where something with Bisha would go terribly wrong, because she will definitely defend a mortal from a sorcerer (evil magic hiss) and while she does have a celestial gold weapon she might not realize just how powerful he is. Especially if he has magic that curses or is demonic, she'd pretty helpless against that.

As to the situation- defending others, trying to stop him from hurting another, or rescuing them would be great. Once that starts she'll probably start getting snippy about magic anyway, which I don't know if he'll take terribly well, since she'd pretty anti-magic. She also tends to be based around Misty Hollow, and with the barrier coming down she'll be even more protective about the areas around there, trying to stop monsters from accosting travelers through the woods. Maybe she runs across him doing his torturing and tries to chase him out, but because she's a pretty legitimate, determined and divine energy who's all kinds of magic negative he decides to finish her off so she doesn't warn people what he's doing or get in his way again?

13. Just gonna throw out there that Flagg is the type who may just spontaneously appear as they're getting ready to go bust out Merlin, without giving any kind of explanation as to how he even knows what they're doing. Part of his power is a kind of... not necessarily foresight, but a kind of sidesight, where he's aware of things happening in the world around him without actually being present. IT'S A SUPER SKETCHY POWER RN BUT WE CAN V EASILY SAY THAT IT WORKED WELL ENOUGH FOR HIM TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE PLANNING AND TO TAG ALONG.

Just to save the issue of Flagg actually getting involved in any way that's even remotely sane or normal. Because, given his nasty aura, I'm not sure they'd be willing to work with him unless it was something extremely last-second where he more or less forces his way into the search party.

14. Qrow Branwen

Professor at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Merlin Ambrosius I think that's a great idea! Qrow is open from March 24th until the end of the season, with some doppelganger stuff happening on April 9th.

15. Melda

Melda Player

Directory:
    link
    Give me all the merlin/mordred.

So honestly I feel like Mordred would be in hovery mother hen mode after Merlin is "rescued" from the fortress, not necessarily in terms of fussing over him so much as just...being this quiet little shadow who jumps to fulfill Merlin's every tiny request because A) it's Merlin but compounded with a little B) someone from his world omg finally. xD So I'm happy to get at least the initial 'hmmm something seems off' going as soon as you'd think Merlin would be up for it! And then we can play it by ear as to how slowly/quickly he realizes this is not the real Merlin, based on how that thread goes?

And I'm totally down for Mordred finding out/hearing that both @Randall Flagg and @John Uskglass are close friends of Merlin's (or maybe they visit him after his rescue and it's pretty obvious they're super chummy?) and reaching out to them for that reason. He obviously doesn't really know about Merlin's life in Pandora and the usual people he'd bring this kind of thing to aren't here, so he'd be forced to rely on whatever he can find out about Merlin's friends in Pandora. And he'd want to keep that circle of trust as small as possible because of that lack of knowledge, to lessen the odds of bad Merlin doing something to the good Merlin before they can find him. But I'm totally flexible if you guys have a better thought on how that comes together! Including Randall just popping up at the last minute so Mordred can sideeye him a lot. xD

16. Okay...I also had the thought that, from the outside, Elspeth's goals would seem very similar to Dark!Merlin's, because she wants to create a stronghold for non/Talented/Powered-humans to live in peace, and this could easily be taken as in line with Evil Merlin's beliefs. He could try to recruit her as an ally?

17. Ah, yeah, no totally xD You don't have to worry about Uskers here outing Dark!Merlin too soon or anything xD He's definitely more one to be on the more opaque and secretive side by his very nature, and with something that could risk the safety of someone he actually does consider something of a friend I imagine he'd only be more so. So yeah, he's not going to go around blaring it out in the open what's going on with Dark!Merlin, especially as he tries to figure out where to go with this. For the most part, especially early on, I see him as pretty much acting normally towards Merlin, attempting to get some measure of this new guy, though pooosibly trolling him with a bit less good nature that he might have had towards Original Flavor Merlin. Aaand yeah, like I said before, things can develop from there, maybe it develops that it gets to the point that both of them knows the others knows, some jabs are thrown between them with some definate undertones but nothing is ever said outright. Things can happen, it'll be fun!^^

Also, so excited to be threading out the rescue with @Mordred and @Randall Flagg, both characters I've actually been really wanting to plot with anyways 8D I'm totally down for however y'all want to do this. Honestly, I could see John as being kind of unphased by Flagg's sudden appearance (Honestly, It sounds like a page taken right out of his own book and he appreciates Flagg's style.) So how are we planning on having John and Mordred lean about/encounter one another? Like I said, I'm really up for anything, so...

18. Melda

Melda Player

Directory:
    link
    Well, I'd imagine if both @John Uskglass and Mordred are hanging with/around Merlin a decent amount then they may just run into each other inadvertently? Easy peasy! Maybe one of them takes aside the other when they start getting suspicious of Merlin to suss out how well they know Merlin, if they have the same suspicion, etc?

19. Yesss!
    Well, Irina wouldn't train people with magic, though (those are her spells, she doesn't share them so easily), but yeah, training children into becoming great assassins is something she's good at, and I'd be more than happy if she could use dark Merlin's projects to train a few selected (potentially already evil, because Irina loves evil people) students! If she can keep them when Merlin's doppelganger disappears, she'd really enjoy that too hahaha! It'd be better if she could work behind the scene, though! I mean, if Merlin and her could secretly work together (like, not telling he hired her as a teacher or something), Irina wants most people to believe she's a nice sorceress trying to help others, and not an evil witch trying to take over the world to destroy it haha-
    Of course, Merlin's doppelganger could tell a few people (blowing her cover would really be a way to throw her under the bus haha) or the real Merlin could later find proofs that his doppelganger hired someone for weird classes, and start investigating it, if that's something you're interested in!

20. @Melda

Sounds good! Maybe something around the school then? Or out and around Misty Hollow/ the Forest? Wherever would work best for you. Do you mind starting this? I might be a bit slow posting it up myself, trying to catch up with threads already going on, so, it would help xD