HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

tear you apart » dark merlin plots!!! [closed]

Discussion in 'Seasonal Events' started by Merlin Ambrosius, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller
    Directory:
    link
    @Merlin Ambrosius

HAha YES Tina would be completely against his ideals and would be more than willing to stand up against him and anyone else who wants to teach the students things which she thinks just should not go on in a school; it could maybe start off with her being a bit suspicious about the artefacts and then I don't mind her being one of the ones he tries to throw out or how ever you want to do that if she refuses to teach crazy assassin and dark magic classes or whatever!

Merlin Ambrosius likes this.
  2. Melda

Melda Player

Directory:
    link
    @John Uskglass

Yeah, we can definitely do something around the school! And I can start it, although I am also a wee bit on the slow side whoops. xD I'll tag you once it's up!

3. Bunny

Bunny COME BACK WITH A WARRANT

Filler For Life
    Race:
    Logastellus
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    I was gonna go to bed, but who needs sleep, y'know? So, I chickened out, originally. But my recent issues with characters pretty much burned in the wake of my raging muse, once I got around to considering how this could affect future events. If you're interested, that is. Anyway, here's my proposal! What if twin/Merlin used his power as a Dragon Lord to gain sway over Smaug? So much bad could happen! With all that firepower, he could burn down entire settlements! Well, maybe not, but still... He could even act as a kind of guard dog for the school and its vaults. Smaug wants all the gold! So he could be bribed to take action on twin/Merlin's behalf instead. Ethier way, I think it could be lots of fun.

#23 Bunny, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    I SUCKKKKKKK, I am so sorry this is once again so late???? I tried to hit everybody, let me know if I've missed somebody please!! <3

@TwistPerfect! Let's shelve the Menolly stuff until we know what's going on with the rescue thread. =)

As for Bisha, this is really convenient seeing as he lives in Misty Hollow and everything. The barrier won't affect him since his magic doesn't strictly register as good or evil, though he might have some initial resistance going in and out before the barrier actually falls. xD But yeah, her coming across him torturing somebody would work! Maybe, since he doesn't initially know how to deal with her, she gets the upper hand and chases him away, and he dishes out a nasty curse for her after that to deal with her? So it might be like a two part thing if that's something you would be interested in!

@Qrow BranwenI can start a thread for us on April 12 if you are still interested in this. =) It'll probably be Merlin's first day back to school after the whole abduction thing!

@Elspeth GordieYeah, this could be interesting! If he realizes that they some of the same interests, he would at the very least go speak with her to try to work out how aligned their morals are and how well they would work together, without giving himself away, of course. xD Is this something you think he would realistically be able to discover about her to kick off a meeting?

@Irina ClockworkerWe can totally make this an unofficial, behind the scenes thing! She would never even have to be really affiliated with the school in any way, Merlin could just hand select students he think would suit this and he would definitely look for the students who are morally gray and who could be sort of molded in that direction.

@Porpentina GoldsteinOMG, real Merlin is gonna feel so bad if he comes back and Tina's been kicked out of the school. HE WILL GET ON HIS KNEES AND GROVEL. PLS FORGIVE. No but really, I love all of this. I love the idea of him having a discussion with her making classes more combat-based (he might try to pitch it as defense-based, but we all know what this sounds like), so maybe we could start with that? It would probably be after he's talked to Qrow about it and found his support.

@SmaugYASSSSS, GIMME DRAGONLORD STUFF. I'm so pumped for this. To be honest, dark!Merlin has the same memories as actual Merlin, so he'll absolutely remember their previous encounter and will recall that this particular dragon has a love for shiny treasures and artifacts. Honestly, my instinct is to have him be a dick and literally Smaug away beneath the school to guard all of their shiny things, since that's such a BBC Merlin parallel, with Uther having locked Kilgharrah, but that would also leave you super unavailable for threads LOL! But it could be kind of an agreement (... a very one-sided, dragonlord magic-influenced agreement) where Smaug has to come whenever Merlin calls for him. Like if he needs scary, intimidating dragon backup.

I don't have any super concrete plans at the moment that he might need Smaug for, but I love having him there for the potential for bigger things! At the very least, we could get an initial thread going and plot bigger stuff for the rest of the season!!

RESCUE PARTY PEEPS AYYYYY@Mordred @John Uskglass @Randall Flagg

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME, everything you've said so far is amazing! It sounds like Mordred and John are gonna be meeting, and then Flagg can just spontaneously appear prior to rescuing Merlin and insert himself into the efforts? They could be eyeballing him because they don't know him, but also maybe they realize that they probably need the extra magical power to both track down real Merlin and bust him out of his cavern prison.

I'd love individual threads with each and every one of you if you are interested!! Merlin's schedule is honestly wide open! I think the only person that dark!Merlin would approach himself is probably Mordred because he already knows him, knows what kind of a world they both came from, and knows that he could potentially understand his newfound point of view. While also clearly underestimating just how well Mordred knows him LOL! But I'd love to get threads going with John and Flagg as well!!

5. Qrow Branwen

Professor at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    I am still very interested! If you could, that would be great. I am going to be away for a couple days.

6. Irina Clockworker

Irina Clockworker The Evillious Chronicles

Yeaaah! It's perfect for me! I can send Irina to the Schola (she'd investigate, trying to find people worthy of working with her) and they could meet like that? And he could feel that something's up with the cat and that could slowly turn into "do you want to work for me?" or something-

7. Porpentina Goldstein

Porpentina Goldstein Harry Potter

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Merlin Ambrosius I like that idea, but I think once she gets wind of what it actually is she'd put her foot down because it's completely against what she thinks should happen. She'll make her views well known.

but awwww imagine his reaction when he comes back to the school and she's been kicked out xD she'll understand and come back!!

What sort of date are we looking at for this?

8. Bunny

Filler For Life
    Race:
    Logastellus
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

I am ecstatic! It's been TOO LONG! AGES! Since their last thread. A crying shame Smaug won't be so lucky as to remember how tricky and troublesome Merlin is. As a matter of fact, my instincts agree with your instincts! I'm gunning for Smaug to protect the school vaults, (maybe even patrol the school's perimeter?), and then get out whenever Dark!Merlin needs a little firepower. I'm a sucker for parallels. I don't mind if Smaug is a bit tied down during his first season in Pandora. He needs to get involved in plots eventually. And this will be the perfect excuse for him to hold a grudge against the original Merlin if his twin abuses his powers as a Dragonlord.

I was also wondering if Dark!Merlin would seek Smaug or Smaug seek Dark!Merlin first? Are we going with a slow build, in which Smaug could be bribed with the promise of gold in exchange for his cooperation? And then prove too difficult to manage, causing Dark!Merlin to enforce a firmer handling, opening Smaug's eyes to the full extent of his true colors? Or are we going with a fast-paced alternative, like Smaug attempting to steal from or overtake the school vaults as he did the kingdom of Erebor, forcing Dark!Merlin to use his powers as a Dragonlord at the very start? Depending on how you want to rate the speed at which this crazy train progresses, I'm open to any kind of situation you think best.

#28 Bunny, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  9. Elspeth Gordie

Elspeth Gordie The Obernewtwyn Chronicles

Guildmistress
    Race:
    Talented Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Okay, so it isn't, like, super obvious, but from the rescue thread alone, Dark!Merlin would probably be able to pick up that Elspeth is a powerful psychic, can talk to animals, is doing something with the Fortress Of Solitude, or at least wants to, and it fairly insular. She doesn't really talk to people. He also might start to hear rumours of someone that looks like her rescuing supernatural/not-normal people, and then vanishing. So he might put stuff together and figure that she's worth a try as an ally?

10. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    A two-part thing for Bisha and Merlin works for me. :) Btw, just for full disclosure, if I were to bring her back as a reincarnated child form would that be alright or would you be more keen to see her not die/die permanently? I'm still tossing the idea around a little, but I'm really open as to which you think would be better for longevity plot-wise once Dark Merlin is gone and poor regular Merlin has to deal with the after effects of it. XD

11. Merlin Ambrosius

Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    @Qrow BranwenThis is on my list, sorry for the delay! I'm hoping to crank out a bunch of starters today and tomorrow. <3

@Irina ClockworkerThat all sounds perfect! Did you want to get this started with her creeping around the school, or something? Anytime late April would work for this I think!

@Porpentina GoldsteinI'm thinking the start of May for this particular thread? Does that work? If so, I could probably start it!

@BunnyOmg, normally I would be all over the slow build, but the twin event only lasts this season and dark!Merlin only really comes to play for about a month and a half, so I think fast-paced might be better suited for us. xD We could even make a fun school event out of it where Smaug attacks and damages some of the school, giving people something fun to do at the location, until Merlin comes along and deals with him!

He'll probably tell everyone the dragon has been slain and then lock him up. >>

@Elspeth GordieJudging by the way the rescue thread is going right now, I don't think Merlin will take much notice of the specifics of the people, since they seem to be pulling him out of his cell and straight for the portal, but the rumors could certainly catch his attention and get him to seek her out. =) Where do you think he might be able to find her?

@TwistI honestly don't mind which! She's your character, so whatever you are most comfortable doing with her!

12. Merlin Ambrosius

Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    RESCUE PARTY!@John Uskglass @Mordred

SO, we lost Flagg unfortunately. ;; That's fine, though, I'm sure the two of them can manage this on their own, they are both very powerful magical folk. 8D Were you guys planning on threading them initially, or jumping straight into the rescue thread and headcanon-ing? I think it would be great to get this stuff jumpstarted soon. <3

13. Porpentina Goldstein

Porpentina Goldstein Harry Potter

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
  14. Elspeth Gordie

Elspeth Gordie The Obernewtwyn Chronicles

Guildmistress
    Race:
    Talented Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Elspeth travels... a lot. But it's pretty easy to catch her attention. If Dark!Merlin has the same abilities as normal Merlin, he could probably get a telepathic message to her, or use the animals. Alternatively, do something super evil, but that would not be a good start to their relationship.

15. Merlin Ambrosius

Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    @Elspeth GordieAlright, great! It would probably make the most sense for me to start. I have like a crapton of starters to do, so it might take me a bit but I will try to be as quick as possible!

Elspeth Gordie likes this.
  16. Bunny

Filler For Life
    Race:
    Logastellus
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

An event sounds perfect for a fast-paced storyline! I'm all for Smaug breaking in, with a few students or teachers taking him on, only for Merlin to make his appearance and stash him underground. BRING IT ON, GREYBEARD! The cover story sweetens the deal. It amuses me that people will believe Smaug to be taken care of, and so soon, but are bound to be disappointed. I can't imagine how the real Merlin would react if he happened to make a trip downstairs one day and found a Dragon in his "basement." To make sure I'm not overstepping any boundaries, how much damage would you be comfortable with Smaug doing? I imagine he'll stomp and smash, (for the most part), but only resort to fire if taken seriously enough in a fight.

17. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    Thank you! XD

If you want, I could get a starter up for this first thread where Bishamon fights Merlin off, if you had a date in mind? Though considering that he's got his torture groove on, if you want to start I totally understand. <3 She's open anytime this season.

18. Merlin Ambrosius

Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Important Announcement!

Hey guys! So, I really dropped the ball on this entire plot this season and that's totally on me. I'm so sorry, but I think due to my own struggles writing dark!merlin, how little time I've actually had for posting this season, and with what little time is left now before the season change, I won't be taking anymore dark!merlin threads, even those I have already discussed with others.

I am planning on having an event for Schola Praeditos, which will go up over the next couple of days. It'll take place at the end of the season, so stay tuned for that! @Bunny, I'm not sure if you are still around, but if you are, I shot you a message via discord to discuss this because I would love to still be able to incorporate Smaug in the event!

Also, since I haven't heard from those who were supposed to be involved with freeing regular Merlin, I'll be going another route with that instead, but thankyou for your interest!

Thankyou so, so much to everybody who had interest in this plot, I really appreciate it and I'm sorry that I am the ultimate garbage fire who can't manage her own plots alsjfhlasfljasfh.