By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private tell me about your home

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Elizabeth, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

@Yosuke Hanamura
    February 3​

Humans were so interesting. Almost dismayingly so.

The matters in Elizabeth’s life were so simplistic within the Velvet Room. She had a purpose, a goal to achieve, and everything else was ancillary...so much so that such things did not spur much thought. In the moments since her willing removal from those circumstances, she thought back to those times as a mundane haze, a formless blur of irrelevant stirring. In fact, she came to be unsure of her own state of being during those times, as though she only existed for the sake of people like Minato.

It was a harrowing thought, really. She had become devoid of any identity, so she sought it within the context of an approximate lifeform. Constant study of humanity only fed a budding curiosity, and even in Pandora, she found herself exploring, more than anything else. Minato was safe and...well, alive, so an understanding of life was the next thing on an unwritten checklist. Ark City was as good a place as any to start, seeing as how it was a gathering place of notable, even extraordinary people.

Example: she had heard tell of strange men dwelling within trash cans around the city, and she had no idea why. She had mentally referred to them as “garbage men,” but came to doubt the term. Humans did so enjoy tagging several meanings to the same wording.

So, one afternoon, she had taken to checking around every trash can she came across. What she found was regrettably different, namely wary animals and a concerning amount of food waste. Elizabeth wasn’t sure how much time she had spent, or how much more that her patience could sustain, but she was certain that her gloves were developing a rather unpleasant smell.

With a sigh, the attendant pursed her lips and sighed. Perhaps she was approaching things from the wrong angle. What she needed was a guide.

“Excuse me. Human?” she approached a young man wearing headphones as he passed her alleyway. Tilting her head, she continued, paying mind to stories she had heard about strange women in alleys. “I have a question, if you don’t mind. Have you ever been inside a trash can?”

Yosuke Hanamura likes this.
  2. Yosuke Hanamura

Yosuke Hanamura Persona

DJ
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Having to start over sucked. Yeah, yeah - it was kinda nice not having the Killer of Small Businesses vibe tattooed to his forehead. But...also? He hated being a nobody. Even if it was negative, part of him dug on the fact that basically all of Inaba knew who he was. Sucked that half the time it was people saying mean shit under their breath about him. But still. It really made him feel like a part of everything - even if he didn't get friends until - yanno - murders happened. And a weird kid with a bowl-cut pulled him out of a trashcan. And here? He was a freaking nobody. Just like everyone else. People pulled in from all sorts of other worlds and shit. It was...weird. Right out of a bad late-night movie that would leave Teddie asking him questions for the next two weeks.

But this was his life now, so he sort of had to embrace it. According to literally everyone, there was no way back until the vines decided it. Ominous and bullshit all in one. Also totally didn't have anything to do with TVs or that whole...well, any of it. Pandora was a whole separate plot in his life, apparently.

Wild.

He really-really needed to find a freaking job. There weren't any Junes in all of Pandora, so it wasn't like he could just go back to what he used to do. And also? Didn't...really want to. Yeah, he enjoyed parts of it. Liked all the moving pieces and staying on top of everything. But honestly? He just...wanted to do something else. Pandora was a fresh start after all. Didn't have to work at Junes because his dad managed it. He could literally do...whatever.

Only problem was that whatever was too broad, and he felt sorta...
    Lost.

He knew he'd figure it out. Things just sort of had a way of finding where they were supposed to be. Yosuke would just feel like a useless hobo until he found both a job and place to live.

After giving up after talking to a few random businesses, he was headed back to the shelter - purposefully listening to overly-upbeat music to counter any weird thoughts that felt like shanking him in the ass. And it was working.

Noticing someone walking towards him, he pulled off his headphones - taking in the vision who had decided to grace him with her presence. White hair, and yellow eyes. Normally sounded like something out of a horror movie, but he was digging it for some reason. She...also totally just called him "human" which was really unsettling on its own.

"I am, yes."

Was...she not a human? It was Pandora so she could literally be anything. Like...literally a giant alien angler-fish and he was talking to its penis that was designed to bait in teenage boys.

And dammit, it was working.

The next question however...sorta killed the mood. He was clearly being setup. Fucked with. Mocked. Okay, he changed his mind - he wanted to go back to being a nobody. His legacy would not be the kid who got stuck in trashcans. Oh, hell no. He preferred "murderer of small business", personally. At least made him seem powerful.

This just made him seem like a hobo.
    Which he was.
    But still.

"I..."

How did he even reply to that? It was true. But...he couldn't say yes. Or could he? Owning up to it would not be what they were expecting, right?

"It was one time okay? Just one time. Those stupid vines threw me into a dumpster," he made a dismissive hand motion at a dumpster behind her that felt like it was mocking him.

Technically it was the third time.
    But literally nobody needed to know that.

#2 Yosuke Hanamura, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Elizabeth likes this.
  3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

Minato had taught Elizabeth much about the minutiae of conversation, even if they were things that many people seemed to take for granted. Outside of her own peculiar brand of family inside the Velvet Room, her discussions were rarely the sort of call-and-response that she had learned to anticipate with other lifeforms. It had taken her quite long to realize that saying whatever came to mind wasn’t always the ideal behavior, and yet she fell into the habit nonetheless. When the young man she had approached greeted her with something other than frenzied terror, she was relieved, communicated with the small sigh that escaped her curling lips.

When he replied with an affirmation, her grin widened.

“Oh, marvelous! The odds of meeting someone with firsthand knowledge seemed astronomical at best,” Elizabeth offered, though she was speaking as much to herself. With a welcoming wave of her hand, she attempted to draw the attention of their discourse to the trash cans in the alley behind. “I’ve been following a rumor, to be honest, of those who tend to inhabit such unpleasant containers, and I still struggle to find the benefit.”

As she spoke, she inspected the bits of dirt and grime that had disgraced the fabric of her gloves. Her eyes narrowed, and an odd rush of feeling sprung from within her stomach. Though the concept was rather new, she was fairly certain that what she was feeling had been disgust.

“Humanity is such a swell of random development, like unrelated puzzle pieces that have been forced to fit together. I’m never sure which piece is worthy of study,” she continued, eyes glazed as they focused and unfocused. One visit did not make a home, for this man or anyone.

After a pause, she chuckled and supposed it was a rather silly thought. She turned back to her new acquaintance, smile still bright. “I hope you weren’t troubled by this dimension’s decision to place you in such a thing.”

4. Yosuke Hanamura

Yosuke Hanamura Persona

DJ
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Right, so this girl was fucking crazy. Yosuke just sorta...standing there and letting her ramble on about humanity and study. If it was literally a creepy dude, he would have already left - pretty certain he was about to be shanked or worse. Probably worse. But...she was cute. So...couldn't be all bad, right? It...probably would be, if he was honest and true with himself. Nothing about this was sitting well in his gut. The intense desire to just run nearly taking over. But honestly, his day was kinda shit. Being turned down for a bunch of jobs and literally having to go back to a homeless shelter to pass out was a major buzz-kill. Not that he was buzzed, but. Still.

This weird ass chick asking him about falling into trashcans was honestly the best thing to happen to him today.
    So he'd humor her.
    Listen.
    Maybe he could help her find a trash gremlin or whatever the hell she was looking for.
    Only problem was that with how Pandora worked...they might actually find one.

Awesome.

"Are you...not human?" was that rude to ask? Probably. But she had literally addressed him as 'human' and kept referring to 'humanity' like some kid with a magnifying glass sitting next to a row of ants. It was terrifying, but he was bored.

Time to be shanked by the hot alien chick.

"I-I mean I'm not happy about it," he crossed his arms in front of his chest as she asked about how he felt about this dimensions 'decision' to toss his ass into a dumpster, "I made a cool friend out of it, since I was literally stuck and needed someone to pull me out. But like...I came into Pandora smelling like old fast-food. It took me forever," about an hour, "To get the stains out of my other jacket," he held up his sleeve as if to show her where stains were.

It wasn't even the right jacket.

"I like smelling nice, and I'm just...in front of this cute girl smelling like actual garbage. Like what a way to make a freakin' entrance, dude," he sighed - eyes falling to the street, "And...honestly it's happened to me before here," why was he telling her this, "My bike was having some issues back home and ended up taking a nose-dive into a trashcan like...at least twice that I can remember. Ended up also meeting someone who turned into my best friend that way..."

His gaze rose, eyes narrowing, "Wait...how the hell did you know I keep falling into trashcans? Are you a wizard?"

Elizabeth likes this.
  5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Persona

By that moment, Elizabeth had realized her situation quite fully. She hadn’t stumbled onto an unexpected understanding of the outside world, or at least a different one; she had simply encountered a relatively skittish teenage male, something that wasn’t entirely without merit on its own. When he met her observations with soliloquy, the attendant raised a gloved hand to mask a giggle; the boy certainly was full of energy, even if she had trouble linking his words with the context of her own. At the very least, his jacket was safe and sound, and that was a celebration they could both share.

“From study, I believe such prescience would make me a witch, or perhaps some sort of lady mage. To be a wizard would imply another gender in a historical context, right or not,” Elizabeth replied playfully, a smirk creasing her features. “To answer your question, however, I am likely none of those things. In fact, I had no idea I had stumbled upon such a wealth of first hand knowledge in the matter when I first approached you. Fortuitous, indeed!”

Kidding aside, she took special interest in the events surrounding his frequent delves into garbage containers. Though he mentioned it briefly, he had managed to meet two important people through circumstances that could best have been described as ridiculous. Elizabeth was not surprised, of course; her advice to Minato frequently involved forging strong bonds through hardship, but even she was capable of being caught off guard by the randomness of the universe. This boy had gained friendship through clumsy, dirty circumstance, something that was worth further investigation.

“But my, it seems as though I’ve gotten quite ahead of myself. My name is Elizabeth, and I am rather...lacking in practical experience in matters beyond my own ken,” she offered a shallow curtsy. “If you’d indulge me further, I would certainly enjoy a tour of this place.”