HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete the animal farm

Discussion in 'Tavoie Borough' started by Superman, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

January 17th
    @Cole

It was a cold winter's morning and the only people on the streets were workers, busying themselves with clearing the ice, fixing pipes and collecting the garbage from the trash cans. A few of them turned to glance at the lone figure carrying a large box under his one arm and a goat under the other in confusion, but soon after they returned to their jobs. In a town like Pandora, with robots and wizards walking around, nothing ever was too unusual.

Kal had woken up early in order to collect ten baby chickens from a farmer who couldn't afford to sustain them and had been forced to take Marta with him, after realising that the animal did not knew how to stay still. Normally he would visit her in Wanda's house, but she had asked him to take the pet away from Misty Hollow for a while, until she could ensure the good intentions of her new neighbour. Naturally he hadn't liked what he was hearing, but he knew that Wanda wouldn't consider relocating any time soon. And as much as he worried about her safety, he also admired her bravery.

Marta proved to be quite the trouble away from home and enjoyed wrecking his small apartment when he wasn't there. So he decided that if he wanted to preserve his clothes and kitchen appliances, he had to take her with him when he went out. Which meant he had to take a small break from being Superman, until he figured a way to keep the goat happy without risking losing the apartment. Eventually, the chickens provided him with the excuse he needed to head for the Fortress as soon as possible with all his animal friends.

He was passing through one of the narrow Tavoie Borough roads when the box begun moving violently. Using his Xray vision, Superman saw that one of the chicks had climbed on top of another and more had followed, pressing the little guy down. Worried, he kneeled on the ground and put Marta on his lap. 'Stay here now.' he said as he opened the box and separated the chickens. Sure enough, Marta remained still. For ten seconds. And then she started hopping away.

As soon as he realised she had left, Kal begun calling for her. 'Marta!' he said, looking around, but it was obvious she wasn't anywhere on the street. He scratched his head, entirely confused with the goat's antics and then set out to find her.

Meanwhile, Marta had managed to climb a tree, jump to a nearby building and end in the alley behind it.

ooc. i cant remember the date we agreed on, so if it doesnt work lemme know and i'll edit!!

#1 Superman, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  2. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    ooc:this works :)

Cole hadn't spent a lot of time exploring this area of town, usually merely passing through it on his way to and from other spots that were more populated. It wasn't that there weren't people with pain here, and he did offer assistance when he could, it was just...they didn't tend to hang around in this area much.

And besides, for some reason, it was easier to find food here.

Which was what he had been up to now, though while trying to take care to avoid being seen. People seemed to not like that he was doing this, and he didn't like to cause them pain and worry over something that didn't matter at all. It was nice that they wanted to help, but at the same time, they almost all had better things they could be helping with.

He was checking inside a large green box behind the building..."dumpsters" he thought he had heard one person call them. They did not smell nice, at all...but many things did not, and these were a sturdy place to search for supplies to get through. This one was actually fairly pleasant, really, as most of what was in it seemed to be torn fabrics and clothes rather than anything else, though he was taking care to avoid a questionable area of oily stains at one end.

Until he heard a -thunk- and raised his head curiously, peeking around before spying a...goat? It had seemed to come from...nowhere, and...did goats live in the city?

"Hello...are you lost?" Cole didn't hesitate to climb out of the dumpster, though he moved carefully, trying not to draw alarm. "How did you get here?"

Something else drew his attention, and Cole turned his head again. There was a worry nearby, a mixture of many things...fear, annoyance, worry..."Oh. That is for you. Someone is looking for you." Cole offered a bandage wrapped hand to the goat to smell. He paused, thinking for a second, frowning, as though pondering something.

"Your friend is here!" he finally called out, not quite yelling, but raising his voice somewhat, as though trying to be heard from a far room rather than through however many degrees of an alley. "I think you can hear...she is here with me!"

3. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Marta might had been fiercely independent and demanding, but she was also a friendly goat. The moment she sensed another's presence she hopped towards him, smelling his hand and touching it with her leg. A prolonged 'baaaa' followed that would be easily heard if there was anyone else in the back alley. But Kal-L was already jogging towards them always holding his box, the moment he heard the young man's voice.

When he reached them he breathed a sign of relief that Marta wasn't hurt and that she had not approached someone less good hearted than that boy or someone more hungry. Both of these things had happened in the past creating very uncomfortable situations in which Superman had to restrain folks from cooking Marta. 'Thank you.' he said, his gratefulness written all over his face. 'You can't imagine how many times she has done this the past five days. I am constantly worried she would freeze or get hit by a passing vehicle.' he added. 'But I don't have the heart to put her on a lease.'. His expression was slightly saddened, as if he had regrets he was being so lenient with Marta. Others would have used strict methods to make her behave, but he didn't have it in him to be severe.

The more he looked at the boy in front of him though, the more he grabbed his attention. Judging by his appearance and the open dumpster, he could only assume he was homeless. And Superman had a very soft spot for people in his position, instantly wanting to show them kindness and help them. It was an instinctual need, but he also had an ideological aversion towards a system that allowed people to live without a home. 'I'm sorry, I didn't ask you your name. My name's Kal. That little troublemaker is Marta.' he introduced amiably as he pointed at the goat.

4. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole just offered a bit of a smile to Kal as the man approached, looking at the box a moment, before turning his attention back to the goat. "Children test their limits, search for their boundaries. When they find where their borders are, they know where their safety is. Outside of that is where danger may lie. Inside is where they feel safe, secured, and free."

That said, he looked up at Kal again, tilting his head to one side. "I like that you want to help people. It hurts you to see someone who might be suffering. I am all right. I have gotten along well enough since I came here."

He looked back to the goat, crouching a bit to look her in the eyes as much as possible. "Hello, Marta. My name is Cole. Your friend here was worried about you. You shouldn't run off so much."

5. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

The young man's answer was not what he had expected, so he could not help but stare with curious eyes for a while, until he realized it was rather impolite. He had quite a bit of experience with animals and little to none with children, but one would hardly find him saying something that profound and simple at the same time. It reminded him of the words his father used to say when they were in the fields. He could not shake the feeling that this person had more wisdom than Kal did, despite how younger he appeared to be.

And then his surprise only grew with the stranger's next words. Kal-L's bright blue eyes widened and a faint pink color appeared on his face- hearing something so accurate about himself had made him feel a bit uncomfortable. But he did not speak of that and instead watched as Marta remained still for a while, as if listening and understanding what was being said about her. Then, she hopped her way to Kal and started circling around his legs. Unable to resist how adorable she was, he crouched and begun stroking her gently.

'She hasn't listened to anyone else before, except for the magnificent lady she stays with.' he said, as his eyes returned to the other male after paying attention to the goat. 'You are right about me, too. But then, you must know that I won't stop until I am certain you are not in danger, Cole.' he said. His determination and truthfulness was evident in his eyes; after all, he had some ideas about how Cole knew so much about them and had deemed that he could not hide the truth from him. 'Do you know that you can stay in a warm building with fresh food and clothes?' he asked him. It seemed like a stupid question, but Kal-L couldn't help but wonder why would someone choose to live on the street if there was an alternative.

#5 Superman, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Yes, I have...people who would bring me in. But it's not..." He paused, considering his words. "It is better that I stay out here. There are too many people to help, everywhere, and I...would have difficulty reaching them all inside."

He stood, giving Kal an almost wary look, for just a moment, then looked at the box in his hands. "...they are confused, but not frightened. This is new to them. ...they seem young, but it is warmer in there, softer, then out here. That is good. It...is probably better to get them home."

He looked back up at Kal, eyes scanning his face for a moment, thoughtful. "...you are safe, though. There is no desire to hurt anyone. You're like me. You will, if you must, if that keeps people safe...but you don't enjoy it. It is simply...duty."

7. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

He blinked at Cole's answer, as if he didn't quite understood it. The truth was, he could perfectly relate with the need of wanting help everyone, which was only strengthened by the fact that he could hear them crying out all the time. Maybe Cole could too and that made him so determined. But Superman had taken time off to be with his loved ones and he had a place or two that he could call home in Pandora.

He glanced down at the box and stood like that for a while as he listened at the young man. He did not quite understood how he could sense their emotions, but he was aware that it was entirely possible in a world such as this one, with so many different powers and skills. His gaze lingered and even when he spoke, it took a while until his eyes returned to Cole.

'I try to do what's good and I won't stop so long there are people who suffer. But spending time with my partner, watching the sunrise, eating my favorite food... Those are things that make me feel... real.' he admitted. Others would use the word human. But Superman was not pretending experiencing the feelings humans did when he did the things they did. He was feeling them as well, despite being an alien and different than them. 'Don't you ever feel like that?' he asked as he held Marta close.

8. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I'm not real. Not like you are, or most of the other people are. ...or, I wasn't. I am...closer, than I was before, but still not quite there." He shrugged a little. "You know what it is, to be from one place, but to live in another, among creatures who are like and yet so unlike you, to be...beyond them, but trying to understand them, to be them, to help. To use what is different for what can be good, not to hurt. I am like that, except...different."

He looked back at Marta and the box, considering a moment. "Do you need...help, getting them to where they are meant to go? It...seems like a lot to keep up with for one person. Even with what you can do."

9. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Superman listened closely, keeping his eyes on Cole as he tried to understand. He did not know what Cole was, but he sounded similar to what Kal had experienced during his life. Except that he had been raised by human parents who had made constant efforts to make him feel wanted and loved. He had to struggle with getting close to humans too, but the first he encountered had opened their hearts to him.

But he felt as if that would not help Cole much and he had reasons to believe he already knew. He could not quite comprehend his powers, but they must have not been easy to muster. Superman could hear any conversation people had, but he could not hear their thoughts. And sometimes he was grateful for that.

'You can start by eating real food.' he said kindly, in an attempt to bring some levity to the situation. 'There's a good bakery on the way to my apartment. It's not far and they make the best bagels.' he added and then pointed at the white goat. 'You can hold Marta. She seems to be fond of you.' he said and as he prepared to move, the goat hopped towards Cole, as if to prove his point.

10. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole actually wrinkled his nose a bit at the words "real food," but didn't hesitate to move to put a hand to Marta's back, patting her gently a few times before crouching down next to her.

"Marta, I am going to help guide you to where you need to go," he said, looking the goat in the eye as much as possible. "Don't be afraid to let me know if I make you uncomfortable. I don't want you to feel too much stress from this."

He looked around for a moment, considering, making a slight face. "Most of the people are here, but there is very little that is green. ...or, that would be green, if it were warmer. Things are mostly gray and white now. I think she would like it better with more green. ...sorry. Yes, I can help bring her along."

11. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Superman caught Cole's less than enthused reaction to his words and his eyes lowered. It was so easy to say something that the other would consider not appropriate in a world with people from all kinds of places and cultures. He was glad Cole was so insightful to know that he did not mean anything disrespectful by it. Even if it was bit intrusive, it did make the interaction more honest and easy, as opposed to talking with people who were suspicious and second guessing.

He watched as Cole spoke to Marta, impressed by the young man's skills and Marta's undivided attention. Superman had been curious about Cole's powers but he hesitated to ask, out of courtesy and politeness if anything else. He listened when he spoke about the green though and find himself agreeing. Marta was much happier in Misty Hollow, but recent developments had brought her to Pandora Town, for her protection. Superman supposed the goat missed Wanda too, like he did.

'No, don't apologise. I can learn many things from you about my animals.' he said, without a hint of any negative feelings in his voice. 'Are you, um, a mind reader?' he asked, his awkwardness written all over his face. Superman would be the last person to judge someone because of their powers, but these types of abilities were unfamiliar territory for him. He did not particularly like the wording either. Maybe psychic was better?.

12. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole considered the question for a moment, thinking it over, before nodding slightly. "That...seems to be as simple a way as any to describe it. It's not everything, though. I can feel things that hurt, or...ways that can help heal the hurt. ...though in some people, everything they do, everything they are, is touched by pain, so...I suppose for them it is functionally the same."

Cole glanced to Kal again. "You seem well. There is concern in you, desire to help, to reach out, to make things better. People don't always see that. I know what that feels like. Wanting to help, but having people be afraid of you for being something different from what they are...or fearful when they see that you have done something they do not understand, because they can't see how it can help the way that you can, or that you had to do something wrong to make things right. People can't think through the details as much, I suppose."

He looked to one side again, still idly petting Marta. "You are stronger than I am, but I can see you are good inside. So I don't see anything to fear. ...if you miss her, why do you not see her? It seems that travel is easier for you than for most people."

The abrupt subject change might have almost been the equivalent of conversational whiplash.

13. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

It was funny; Superman did not have any psychic abilities whatsoever, but the way Cole described it was not only easy to understand but relatable too. He looked at him with surprise for a while and his eyes only darkened when he mentioned those who were in perpetual pain. It broke his heart, but he, too, knew that they existed.

And when Cole continued, he found himself agreeing with him once more, even if he tried to do the right thing as much as possible. Situations weren't always black and white; the choice for him to do good was easy when they were. But he had trouble facing those grey areas were the truth seemed to blend with perceptions and the subjectivity in the morals of himself and others. As proud as he was for the country that raised him, he understood it was not perfect; and difficult decisions or actions that seemed cruel and unyielding had been taken in the pursuit of an ideal greater and more just. How many people he had met, in his world and Pandora that were opposed to those practices? Too many.

But Cole's words did not let him dwell on the subject more, as he remembered Wanda. His face flushed a little and he felt awkward, not because of what Cole had said but due to the fact that he rarely mentioned his personal life to others. It was probably a byproduct of being a member of the Soviet Communist Party and associating with its people, though he supposed that was irrelevant in a place with people who could see right through him. 'I, um... She lives in Misty Hollow. Maybe you know that already. Flying takes me a few hours to reach it, but it is a very different place compared to Pandora Town. The supernatural activity is high and the place is filled with spiritual energy and elements that my powers are useless against.' he said. But that was not all there was to it. After all, powers or not, Kal had always been a brave person. He would be ready to fight for others and his life even if he did not have super strength and flying. 'She... Wanda. She is quite independent. Very powerful in her own right.' he said, his admiration and love for her evident in his voice. But there was a hint of insecurity in his posture now as he walked, a sense of self consciousness that was not at all rare for those who were passionately in love with someone else.

#13 Superman, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  14. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "She seems very nice," Cole said, finally looking back at Kal. "...do you worry about the power she has? That she could be as strong as you, or...it's hard to tell. It doesn't feel like it's very clear, even for you."

Cole looked down to Marta, then back to Kal, looking contemplative for a moment before motioning slightly. "Do you need to get her home? Or...wherever it is she is going? I...I don't want to keep you long. You have business to attend to, and little ones to care for." He pointed towards the box, tilting his head to one side.

Superman likes this.
  15. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

It really doesn't.' he replied with a bittersweet smile. Love was wonderful, but oft en made thosee xperiencing it more.. irrational than usual. He was insecure and afraid of his feelings, of Wandagetting hurt, of her leaving him, practically of everything. But at the same time, he had never been happier than when he was with her. 'Love is one of the most complicated emotions people experience, Cole.' he said, this time with confidence. It was also the greatest.

He then paused for a few moments, thinking about Cole's words. He was very hesitant to leave him, but at the same time he did not want to impose or come off as rude and intrusive. And then he decided to let his heart guide him and turned to Cole with a new sense of excitement. 'Can you hold them for a while? I'll be right back!' he said and handed over the box to the young man.

A few minutes later, he was back, this time holding another box. He opened it to reveal an assortment of pastries from the nearby bakery, from cinnamon buns to small pies and ice cream from Marta. She probably had not earned such a treat that day, but he could not help but give it to her anyway, in hopes that she would be more behaved tomorrow.He took out the ice cream and gesture to Cole to take it and give him the chickens. 'That's for taking care of my goat. If you don't like them, there might be people in the streets who need them. I want you to know that if you ever have a problem, or meet someone who needs help you can always call my name. Call Superman. I'll be there.' he said. His words was sincere and he did not for once think his action as charity. Just doing something nice for someone equally nice who had the opportunity to help many others. And supporting his favorite bakery in the process.

16. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human/spirit
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Yes. ...but I do like how love feels. It is complicated, but it is...warm, too. ...I'm glad to see you have it."

Cole looked absolutely delighted to get to hold the box, nodding enthusiastically and taking it, holding it gently, pressing an ear to it to listen for a moment, as though just enjoying the small soft sounds.

After a bit, when Kal returned, Cole looked at the new box with some confusion for a moment, before an understanding came, and he smiled somewhat, trading the boxes, looking into it as well. "...things like these are always good for helping people...giving them something that feels like home for just a minute. ...I will eat one as well, since...I see your desire to help just as much..."

He looked up again, offering a thin smile. "...I might not always be able to hear you the way you can hear me, but...I will keep my mind open, and see if I can offer my help, if you need it again. I...do wander a lot, though."

17. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]

Warm. Yes, that as a great way to describe it and his smile grew the more he thought about it. They didn't have many problems in their relationship, but any time he was away from Wanda for one reason or another, he felt the cold, even if things like temperatures and climate did not affect his body. He felt it in his heart, he supposed, as corny as that sounded.

When he came back, he nodded at Cole's word, relieved and hopeful for the future. 'Thank you, Cole. I appreciate it altogether. I might not be able to read minds, but I can see that you have a good heart.' he said. In the end, that's all that mattered to him. Everyone could make the mistake, do cruel things for the right reasons or fall victim of his emotions, but that desire to help others that he saw on Cole was the reason that kept him optimistic.

'I have a feeling the world will bring us together again.' he replied to his comment about wandering. He did not believed in fate as much as others did, but there was no doubt that there were forces in Pandora with powers akin to what people named fate and they were not always malicious. 'Until then, my friend.' he added with a smile and waved before he reached down to put Marta under his arm, as he feed her ice cream. That would make her stay put for a while. Then he hurried to his apartment, whispering sweet words to his rebellious goat in the remaining of the way.

THE END

ooc. figured this a good closing spot!! u can make another post if u like to end it or we close it here!!

#17 Superman, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018