By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Private The Automatic Revolving Doors of Hell

Discussion in 'Pandopolis' started by Setsuna, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Setsuna

Setsuna Fire Emblem

October 28th, year 108
    [​IMG]

It had been almost thirty minutes since Setsuna had entered this building. She had walked to the counter but the secretary immediately threw her out because Setsuna had “no rights to enter in such a building with a bow and arrows” and when the blue-haired teenager had insisted that she was just looking to eat, she had been told that the little building she had just entered into called ‘MO Inc.’, that she misread ‘MO Chin.’ had actually nothing to do with mochis.

Setsuna was asked to leave, and she did, she walked, entered the automatic revolving doors and… she missed the right time to exit the first time… and the second time… and the third time… and the next times…

Sadly, the employees of this company were on their lunch break and no one outside noticed that she had been going in circle for a few times, now. Everyone was so busy or late in this town that they had no time to pay attention to her.

So Setsuna kept going, being distracted by something else. Sometimes it was a stranger dressed or looking oddly, other times it was because she was thinking about what she was going to eat, and other times it was something completely unrelated, like why can we find newborn animals in Pandora while people, even semi-animal people can’t have babies in there?

Needless to say, at some point, the young woman was tired of going in circle in these doors, and decided to wait for the exit to come by itself. She sat there, in the middle of these infernal doors and waited for the exit. When she’d saw it, she’d jump out of the building and she’d finally be free!

Except that when the automatic doors detected that something was in its way, it stopped moving, but of course Setsuna didn’t notice that. She was again focused on daydreaming about what she was going to eat. So she was sitting there, vaguely looking at the sky through the glass door, and humming a little.

The archer’s stomach rumbled very noisily.

I really hope I’ll get out of here soon…

@Alice Liddell

Alice Liddell likes this.
  2. Alice Liddell

Alice Liddell Alice in Wonderland
    The Dream Child

Race:
    Human
    Alice had visited Pandopolis before, but she’d decided another trip was in order. It was almost Halloween, a holiday that she’d heard multiple people mention over the past month. She was familiar with the day All Hallows Eve, but not Halloween. She’d realised that it was the same tradition, merely a more modern version, where people dressed up and celebrated. It sounded daunting but also very exciting!

There were decorations in some of the shops and objects to purchase. Being a child, the girl had no money but enjoyed seeing all the odd and wonderful things. They had nothing like this in Oxford; being from a religious family, Christmas was a tradition, of course, and Easter was a time of rejoicing, but no one ever wore costumes or searched for sweets. Perhaps she could tell her sister about it, if she ever saw her again. Of course, Lorina likely wouldn’t believe her.

She soon came across a building with one of those complicated looking doors. Alice had never interacted with one, but she’d seen a few of them about. Doors that moved on their own – it was like something out of Wonderland!

What caught her attention was the young woman staring through the glass, a slightly vacant expression on her face. The doors no longer moved either. Supposed she was trapped?

Alice stepped forward, waving briefly in an attempt to get the lady’s attention. “Excuse me…are you quite alright?” She asked, hoping she could be heard through the door.

Setsuna likes this.
  3. Setsuna

Setsuna Fire Emblem

[​IMG]

Something around Setsuna suddenly moved! She quickly realized that it wasn’t the doors, unfortunately, when the girl on the other side of the glass started talking. The blonde was clearly younger than Setsuna, and also clearly not from her country, Hoshido. She didn’t dress in their fashion and neither had the physical traits commons to hoshidans. If anything, she reminded Setsuna of Elise, one of the princesses of the rival kingdom, with her long blond hair, her circle dress and her cute appearance in general.
    Ooooh, helloooo!” she said, waving her arm slowly.

The archer got up from her sitting position while she started explaining the situation.
    The doors were working just fine but I always got distracted when it was time to leave the building… And suddenly, the doors completely stopped turning for no reason. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to get out now…” Pressing her face and her hands against the glass, Setsuna added. “And it’s a shame because I’m actually getting hungry…

Raising her head up, still having her chin against the glass, the teenager added:
    But it’s okay! At least from here I can see the sky and some of these big buildings! Do you think we’d have to fly to go up there?” Looking back again at the young girl in front of her, Setsuna added. “Oooh and now that I think about, I even finally have someone to talk to!” she sat down again, close to the glass this time and tapped on the floor next to her to encourage the blonde girl to sit down too! “Everyone in this part of town looks so busy… and it’s weird because they’re rushing but they don’t even look excited to go to where they’re heading…

Smiling, she added:
    Maybe if they just stopped a second to look at the sky…

4. Alice Liddell

The Dream Child

Race:
    Human
    Fortunately, the young lady realised Alice was directly addressing her and soon stood up, but not before greeting the child with a wave. The blonde gave a relieved smile and waved back, albeit more daintily. She examined the lady as she rose, taking note of the bow she carried, something that reminded Alice of Miss Swan.

The girl nodded sympathetically, having been right in her assumptions that the stranger was trapped. It was understandable; Alice wasn’t sure if she would know how to walk through those sorts of doors either. But she didn’t want to leave the lady alone, especially when they mentioned they were hungry. It could be hours before anyone else came to her aid!

She had to admire the stranger’s optimistic attitude and follow their gaze to the sky. “I suppose so!” Alice said, “Did you know there are actual machines that can fly? I should rather like to fly up there myself though.”

She smiled and followed the lady’s lead, sitting down across from her. The least she could do was keep her company, who knew how long she had been stuck in there! It reminded of Alice the time she shrank and ended up stuck in a bottle. It had taken some strength to climb out of that!

“You’re right, not everyone wants to stop even for a second,”
    she nodded, already enjoying this conversation. It was nice to meet someone else a curious as her about the world around them!

“What is your name? I’m Alice.”

Setsuna likes this.
  5. Setsuna

Setsuna Fire Emblem

[​IMG]

As they were both looking at the sky, Setsuna listened to Alice and her question about flying machines.
    Oh you know, in my world, we can fly on the backs of a pegasus or on a kinshi!” she said, thinking about the common winged-horse from her country and the big birds similar to white peacocks, which she had been taught to mount recently. “If we find a kinshi here, I could take you on top of these big buildings!

Setsuna nodded too when the girl confirmed what she said. But suddenly, a slight frown of worry appeared on her face.
    Oooh, do you think it’s how we’re supposed to act to appear mature in this world? Should we act busy? I come from a noble family and am a princess’s retainer, after all, and I’m sure my parents wouldn’t want me to seem childish in front of people from other worlds!” Putting a finger on her chin, she added. “I’m pretty sure they told me something about world-travelling protocol…”, but then again, the archer might have imagined it. Anyway, she couldn't remember it even if she tried.

Hearing the stranger’s name, she smiled again.

That’s a really pretty name! My name is Setsuna! It’s a pleasure to meet you, Lady Alice.” Said Setsuna, with a slight bow, persuaded by the young girl’s appearance and proper manners that she had to be from a higher family in society than hers, if not plainly related to the Nohrian royal family!

6. Alice Liddell

The Dream Child

Race:
    Human
    “Oh, I wish you could!” Alice grinned, clasping her hands together, intrigued by the lady’s world. “Are those names you mentioned both some sort of animal?” It didn’t sound like any of the vehicles overheard people mention in Pandora, such as aeroplanes or automobiles.

The lady’s life seemed a world a way from Alice’s own – she knew princess and was of nobility! The girl wondered for a second if the stranger hadn’t just come straight out of one of the fictional books she so enjoyed reading with Miss Swan. But that was a silly thought!

“I suppose; my elder sister always said I daydreamed far too much and should spend my time bettering myself.” That usually meant doing homework or other grown-up things that sounded incredibly dull; why, she was only twelve! “Your life before Pandora sounds very interesting, Miss.” Alice smiled, “I myself came from Oxford, in England.” She wasn’t what she’d call her family - perhaps middle-class? Certainly, nowhere near nobility!

The lady introduced herself as Setsuna; a rather unusual but lovely sounding name. She smiled at Setsuna’s compliment and bow, and briefly clutched her own skirts in a sitting curtsy. “What world are you from?”

Setsuna likes this.
  7. Setsuna

Setsuna Fire Emblem

[​IMG]

Setsuna smiled at the excitement of the girl, while wondering why she never felt that excited about anything herself. The only times she really felt something was when falling into traps, it could get really scary, and in a sense… quite exciting!
    Oooh you don’t have Pegasus or kinshis in your world?” scratching the back of her neck, Setsuna started thinking about how to describe them. “Well, uuh… Pegasus are like… white horses with really big wings, and you ride them just like horses… but they can fly! And Kinshis are like big white birds with long tails, and you can ride on their backs too! They’re both really, really pretty…” said the archer, rather enthusiastically.

Really? I’m bettering myself at cooking at the moment, do you think your sister would be proud of me?” asked Setsuna, not realizing that this question might sound slightly weird.

When Alice mentioned that Setsuna’s life sounded interesting, the teenager pouted a little bit. She never thought of her life as interesting at all, and it was not really fun either, at the very least right at the moment when she left her world.

Well, you know, it’s a normal world. To be honest, I felt rather bored there, before becoming a Lady Hinoka’s retainer because everyone would do everything for me and I ended up with nothing left to do…” she sighed. “And now it’s war, and I don’t really want my friends to die so…

Setsuna had never heard such weird names as ‘Oxford’ or ‘England’, and the castle of the neighbouring kingdom in her world was called “Krakenburg”, so it was saying something!
    Say, by ‘I came from Oxford, in England’, do you mean that you came here from Oxford in England or in England?” Setsuna didn’t quite get if the England was a vehicle or a place, right now, and guessed her question was clear enough. She was now wondering if England could be used to go back to her own world, just as Alice might have used it to come in Pandora. The sniper would really like to help her friends in the current war!

The blue-haired girl started answering Alice question, saying that she came from a country named Hoshido, but was quickly interrupted by the noisy sound of her stomach rumbling.

Uh-oh.