By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Dangers of Capitalism

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Recette Lemongrass, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Recette Lemongrass

Recette Lemongrass Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Item Vendor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

While Velouria was saying nothing but the truth, Recette still wanted to argue, out of stubbornness if nothing else. It wasn't until her words sank in that her righteous fury disappeared, only to be replaced with confusion.

"You... don't want the clean and shiny stuff?" she asked. Recette stared at the armor Velouria seemed interested in, eyebrows furrowed, "what do you want the old and broken stuff for?"

Velouria likes this.
  2. Velouria

Velouria Fire Emblem

Race:
    Wolfskin
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

At least Recette wasn’t disputing Velouria’s right to some of the hoard, or the fact that it should be mostly the wolfskin’s responsibility to transport it. Her large paws bundled up the rest of the armor, clunking and rattling them together like two armfuls of tin cans, and her stubby nose sniffled as it swept to and fro above the armaments, drinking in their stagnant scent. Somewhere back in her home in Oakheart she could find a way to display each of these pieces like they were modeled from gold.

To the small girl who couldn’t possibly understand her obsession, Velouria only responded in a smooth, disinterested tone. “It’s because it’s old and broken that I want these. Such bright spots of rust, all these wonderfully jagged cracks... Whoops...!” A few fingers of a gauntlet broke off and bounced off the ground like thimbles or silvery dice. She meticulously plucked them all up and stored them in the helmet like a makeshift bucket. I find these valuable when nobody else will; is there a problem with that?” she continued snootily, until she mellowed again. “...It’s not like anyone’s going to be using this armor anymore, definitely not the dead guy.”

The wolfskin stepped aside. “Look through the rest of what you want. We should probably come down a second or third time, but let’s get everything we’ve gotta have with this trip.” In the meantime, Velouria practiced how she would carry the unconscious adventurer in one arm and her bundle of treasure in the other out of the cave exit.

Recette Lemongrass likes this.
  3. Recette Lemongrass

Item Vendor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Recette felt a little guilty at that point. Sure, she was focused on entirely different things, but that didn't mean she had the right to just go judging Velouria. Especially when she actually made some really good points.

"I'm not saying you can't take it," she said, waving her arms a little, "if that's what you want, you should keep it. I was just really confused. But, I think I get it. I'm sorry for judging you for what you think is important."

When Velouria told her to start looking, she grinned and eagerly started sifting through the items, gleefully pocketing the most valuable loot. Even if the adventurer was useless, the entire trip certainly wasn't a bust.

At that point, the adventurer was starting to groan softly and shift around in Velouria's arms.

Velouria likes this.
  4. Velouria

Velouria Fire Emblem

Race:
    Wolfskin
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Velouria forgave the girl’s judgment this once, choosing to ignore her as Recette darted past and started helping herself to what was in the treasure chest. Gleaming baubles that gave off glares which stung her eyes -- hmph.

For a young human, the wolfskin felt as though Recette was exemplifying the greed of her kind quite early. Silently she kept her head bowed as she listened to the rustle of necklace chains and the pings of fine metal. Perhaps it didn’t matter at the end of the day how well Velouria got along with even the most different of people; their essences shone through one way or another.

And to her light surprise, the adventurer was coming-to at the perfect time when the ordeal was already over. Velouria stooped down and tried her best to be gentle in case he went wriggling out of her arms in fright. She kept the distance to the ground short for him. “Take it easy, mister,” she said, a small tinge of ruefulness to her tone. “You’re mostly safe.” She’d let Recette do the yelling at him if it came to that.

5. Recette Lemongrass

Item Vendor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The chest was full of such nice stuff, it made Recette's heart swell. One day, she'd get her own store in Cascade Bay, and then things would be like they were back home. Maybe Tear would even show back up!

She barely even noticed as the adventurer started to wake up, but he did notice when he suddenly shrieked in terror and wriggled right out of Velouria's grasp. Fortunately, his plan seemed to just be to hide in a corner and curl up in a ball, so Recette could simply walk right up to him, displeased.

"You said you're a good adventurer!" she cried, arms crossed, "but you're really, really bad at this. You should've said you're a big coward. Then I'd know what I was getting into. At least my friend Velouria was able to save both of us. You're not gonna be a Charger much longer."

Without even giving him a chance to reply, she sniffed with disdain and walked back up to Velouria. "Anyway, this adventure ended pretty well," she said, suddenly cheerful again, "thanks for saving me!"

Velouria likes this.
  6. Velouria

Velouria Fire Emblem

Race:
    Wolfskin
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Velouria wished she could've caught the man on the back of the collar with her claws or something and held him still before he scurried off; she figuratively rolled her eyes again with a loll of her head from side to side instead, cracking her shoulder joints. What a baby.

That impression was what led her to lap up the praise from Recette. Straightening up and tilting her nose to the earthen roof overhead, the wolfskin snickered and struck a small heroic pose. "Heh, anytime! Wait," she caught herself, her mood darkening a little. "Maybe not anytime. I know you'll be more careful from now on, and hopefully you won't need me again."

She turned her attention back to the spoils of this whole adventure, snatching up the chestplate, the helmet, the sabatons and the shinguards, all clattering like pots and pans in a cabinet as each was hoisted up in both her arms. Velouria plodded her way to the exit and fresh air again. "Oh," she paused again, sending a grin over her white-furred shoulder. "And if I ever run into your shop again -- gimme a good discount, yeah?" Giggling goodnaturedly to herself, as best as her monstrous voice could allow, she shouldered her way through the vines and brush that concealed the cave exit and disappeared up the sunlight-bathed hill on the other side of the flora.

7. Recette Lemongrass

Item Vendor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Recette nodded at Velouria's words, glaring at the adventurer before replying, "I'm not going to travel with anyone I'm not sure of first. And no one's going to be travelling with this guy again." He opened his mouth to argue, but glanced back at Velouria before shutting it, shaking like a maraca.

Velouria's parting words were somewhat startling. She barely managed to yell, "of course!" before the wolfskin left. It was only fair.

Velouria likes this.