HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

The Dream Machine: Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Seasonal Events' started by Steel, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Steel

Steel wisdom is for those who have time for it
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn

Questions & Answers

Below, you’ll find a list of questions about the seasonal event. Please don’t hesitate to post them in this thread if you have any questions. A member of Plots & Events will answer in a timely fashion.

2. Raphael Santiago

Raphael Santiago The Mortal Instruments

Singer/Musician
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Hey there! :3
    Would vampires or other highly sensitive supernatural beings be able to use the dream machines too? Seeing that it's functioning with a chemical substence, it'd be possible that their sensitive noses would be rather appalled by the smell, making it impossible to fall asleep?

Lady Margolotta likes this.
  3. Callie

Callie Splatoon

Race:
    Inkling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Does Wati Corp need a spokesperson?you know, someone to use in advertisements and and live promotions to get people hyped for this thing.

Because I would love to throw Callie at something like that. She may have lost her idol status upon arriving in Pandora, but she still has the charm and charisthma that got her that position back home.

4. Madotsuki

Madotsuki Yume Nikki

Race:
    Baku
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    As a baku, Madotsuki can enter and eat the dreams of others. What would happen if she tried to eat one of these artificial dreams? Would she even be able to do so?

5. Dharke

Dharke EAT YOU!

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    I can't see any of my characters wanting to try out such a device, but would it be possible to role-play them as dream versions of themselves in other people's dreams?

#5 Dharke, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  6. Elliot Alderson

Elliot Alderson Mr. Robot

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Steel
    Would you be interested in having someone hack into the network for potentially non-nefarious reasons?

I'm entertaining the idea of Elliot getting his hands on one, getting addicted to it, and eventually work to hack into the network. His paranoia over one entity, one corporation, having all that power would be extremely high. Monitoring that to make sure it's not being exploited would be his first goal - but the part of him that would latch on to the addiction is really after control over his other half - Mr. Robot.

And in this line of plotting I'd love for someone to put him in jail for it. (Since that would fit perfectly into some other plots I'm doing).

If a more evil character wants to hack into it too- perhaps Elliot can get framed for it. Just throwing out ideas - let me know if it fits!

Thalia likes this.
  7. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Yep, they could still use it! I don't know anything about chemical reactions, but I'm assuming that the strength of the odor isn't something that would necessarily negate the chemical reaction. To a human, the odor is fairly odorless and works almost instantly, putting them under in seconds. If a non-human character wants to be impacted differently by the chemical, however, we'll leave that decision up to the individiaul.

I think that would be a lot of fun, so go for it!

Yep, she could eat an artificial dream. For all intents and purposes, you can treat any Dream Machine-related dream the same way you would a normal dream in relation to character powers.

Yep, you can do that!

I'm cool with you pursuing that as a personal plot. Just as long as Elliot doesn't negate the possibility or potential of a site-wide plot popping up for someone hacking in for other reasons.