By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered The Eldrazi and You

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Diegania, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Diegania

Diegania The Great Distortion

Race:
    Eldrazi
    Okay. So Eldrazi are basically the elder gods of Magic: The Gathering. There's a TON that's unknown about them, so the lore is sketchy on purpose. That said, we do have a bit of lore on them, just nothing about their true purpose or anything.

So there's at least three Eldrazi Titans (called Ulamog, Kozilek and Emrakul. Kozilek is my avatar if you're curious.) So what the people of Mtg know as the Titans are really just manifestations of the Eldrazi. Mtg is set in a multiverse of worlds, and the Eldrazi live in between the worlds. They can "manifest" parts of themselves on a plane, and people see these parts as horrifying nightmare creatures and believe that they're seeing the entire picture.It's been said to be like a man putting a hand in a small pond, and the fish thinking that hand is another animal. The man puts his other hand in, and the fish think the hands are independent, when they're really part of a greater whole.

That said, the "parts" (known as their brood) of the eldrazi can function without the greater whole. It'd be like if the fish killed the man in the parable above and the hand kept moving and fighting on it's own. The Gatewatch (the superhero team Jace and Lili are part of) killed Ulamog and Kozilek through Nissa ex Machina, but they still had to fight their brood (basically their hands). Also, Emrakul's brood can and will function perfectly well without her present.

So, would Pandora be able to pull some of the brood in? It would basically just be seperating them from the rest of the eldrazi, and they'd be fine existing them on their own?

And if the answer is no, could I create random eldritch abomination NPCs who look like the Eldrazi, can do the weird totally impossible magic the eldrazi can do, and give Jace nightmares?

Thanks!

Just for fun, here's a really good, completely unofficial, fan-made explanation of the eldrazi: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6j39fr/theory_a_complete_explaination_to_what_the/

2. ArmoredBacon

ArmoredBacon Player

So I'm no mod or member of the storytelling team, but as a player I'd love to see any sort of eldritch abomination plot or subplot. One of the characters I play, @Tatsuya Suou has direct experience with many entities from Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos so this is right up his ally. He managed to barely remain sane and survive going toe-to-toe with a form of Nyarlathotep thanks to his Persona's mind protecting abilities (A psychic manifestation of his will and personality).

Suffice to say he's extremely wary of any new sorts of similar beings.

Diegania likes this.
  3. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Alright, so you'll be able to do whatever you'd like with random npc monsters for personal storylines and stuff. It doesn't really matter what the nature of the monster is, as long as it's just something on the plot or storyline level (please see the info on the Plotting & Requests forum for details on what those terms mean). But if you're aiming for a Major Plot, something that will potentially impact large areas or the entirety of Pandora, you'll need to run the plot by staff first so we can see what you're aiming to do, the level of impact, and similar stuff.

As for your specific eldritch monsters, I'm going to say no, they won't be partially pulled in. Pandora will pull in all or nothing, so I'd recommend just making up some original eldritch monsters if you want to see them in your threads in Pandora.