HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private the family we choose

Discussion in 'River Street' started by Superman, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    February 3rd
    @Alex Danvers
    The morning smelled of freshly baked bagels and wet soil, and Kal-L was enjoying all those earthly smells as he walking across the town. He made a habit of doing that, when he could, in order not to lose touch with the feeling of being a part of community instead of floating above it. Flying was still the most wondrous thing he was lucky to experience, but a walk after a rainy night in a town that was bustling with energy had its own perks too.

He was walking down one of its busiest streets his eyes travelling towards the windows of shops of ever kind; from bakeries and restaurants to clothing stores and pawn shops. The majority of the people in Pandora wanted to return to their home worlds, and yet it was fascinating how they had managed to built a semblance of their homes in this place. It made him feel a little better about his situation, if he were honest, because prejudice existed in the hearts of many men here too, but technically, they were all foreigners here. And that feeling was helping him connect to people, and feel less alone and 'alien'.

He was absorbed by such thoughts that he didn't hear the awful sound of tires screeching a mile away until he saw the car zigzagging between panicked residents and then heading towards one of the bridges of River street. He saw the danger coming, and without thinking twice about it he rushed to a corner, took out his civilians clothes in a flash and flew towards the vehicle. Just it time too, as he managed to catch its rear before the whole thing fell off the bridge, and steady it on the road, in front of a few wide eyed bystanders. But at this moment he was more concerned about the driver. 'Are you alright, comrade?' he asked, staring at the man inside the car, who has breathing heavily. 'The road... it was so slippery... I lost control..' he managed to say, clearly in a state of panic judging by his increased heart rate.. 'It's alright now. You're safe, everyone else is safe. But promise me you will be more careful next time.' Superman replied, trying to sound as reassuring as possible. Mistakes were part of life, and it had rain heavily the night before so he couldn't really fault him at his state, but he should have taken a look at the state of the roads before driving. What if Superman wasn't around?

#1 Superman, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Alex Danvers likes this.
  2. Alex Danvers

Alex Danvers DC Universe

ARMOUR Director of Operations
    Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Alex was on her way to get some training in before work later on, missing the feeling of the poses and the familiarity of it all. Right now her life was shifting about like a stormy sea and she had no idea where she fit in anymore or what her purpose was. Had she not been accepted into AMOUR then she knew her days would be a lot more difficult to look forward to. Being an agent was what she knew but there was a bigger piece of her that was still missing.

A screech of tires indicated a vehicle coming towards them at speeds unimaginable. Alex dove, pushing one slack-jawed young woman out of the way and they both hit the ground with a thud, the slick surface making for a treacherous dealing with. She looked up in time for the woosh and the landing of someone grabbing the car before it could topple off and she stayed in stunned silence for a few moments before picking herself up off the ground, ignoring the girl she had rescued from becoming splat.

No way. No way. Was this possible? Alex could only stare at the red and blue colors that all but smacked her in the face. She fought back disappointment - surely she wasn't going to be that lucky right? Because she had already found Kara but it wasn't the Kara she knew and having learned of Pandora she was more wary than she otherwise would be.

She knew Superman, or the name he went by out of the suit. She never referred to him by his birth name unless specifically asked. During her youth she had hated him because she had blamed him for the changes in her home life. The eldest Danvers had gotten over that quickly when Kara swiftly claimed the place of her little sister and that anger she held had shifted to become grateful. Alex could not imagine her life without Kara and it was all because Superman had trusted her family with her.

"Superman?" Alex took a few steps closer, unable to dare to believe it. "What are you doing here?" Well the obvious of it all aside, Alex wasn't that stupid but she was stunned. What were the odds that both of them would be in Pandora?

Superman likes this.
  3. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    He wasn't the only hero at the scene, that was for sure. As he checked his surrounding, he noticed the girl on the ground, which was more grateful than hurt after being saved at the last moment. A few people were staring at him, but one woman in particular stepped closer, carrying this air of responsibility that made him think she might was Guard or something similar. He wanted to have good relationships with them so he stuck around, ready to assist in any way he could.

But she spoke his name with a tone of familiarity, the same he had experienced a few other times when someone would approach him and tell him he knew him, only to be somehow disappointed he was a Superman for another Earth. He stared at the lady for a few seconds, before he spoke, to make sure it wasn't someone he had met before. 'It looked like a job for me.' he said with a smile, sounding casual about it. Some people tended to be suspicious of him when they noticed the symbol in his chest wasnt quite the Kryptonian one they expected, or the S, but the Soviet Union one. So he had to appear as non threatening as possible, to prove that he was as much a Superman as Clark was.

'I am Superman from.. a parallel Earth, raised in the Soviet Union. Most people I meet are more familiar with the.. American Superman.' he continued in the same friendly tone. He had never met Clark, but based on everyone's assesment, he was a great person. People also tended to highlight their striking similarities, but, at the end of the day, they were both their own people, no matter how much they looked and acted alike. Still, Superman had accepted with pleasure the duty of looking after all Clark's friends and family in Pandora, just like he would have wanted to if they ever met.

Alex Danvers likes this.
  4. Alex Danvers

Alex Danvers DC Universe

Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I'd ask if you were alright but that probably didn't even hurt." The joke was there under a painful reminder that this wasn't home. Her shoulder ached though it was nothing compared to the ache in the pit of her belly.

At this point she wanted to cry, she really did. First Kara and now Superman, was there anyone here that she knew that would know her? But she didn't, couldn't, not here and not know. So she drew in her shoulders, sucked in a lung full of air and tried to act as though her world wasn't crumbling around her. Of course he would be here, what kind of stupid question was that? He was much like Kara in the sense that if they could help then they would though it had taken Kara longer to done the crest of the House of El and become National City's protector.

To think it all started because Alex had been onboard a flight that would have crashed and killed her, as well as the rest of the DEO agents on board. Kara had saved her life, not just then either but multiple times.

"I shouldn't have asked. If you can help then you're there, right." The word was phrased as a question even though Alex didn't need to ask. His chest symbol was different but that didn't make his core values different.

"Oh I'm well acquianted with parallel worlds." Alex murmured softly, thinking back to Barry Allen who had come into their world through that portal - that same damn portal that interrupted her trying to come out at Thanksgiving though really that had been a blessing. "You'd be correct. I'm more familiar with the American Superman. He's a friend." The last part was said almost as a whisper, yet he would probably be able to hear. Damn super hearing.

Superman was not just a family friend though but family and it was hard to see a different version when she was so used to another; harder still to remember that he wouldn't know her, know nothing about her or her family. "I just need to remember that you're not from my world. It's hard to wrap my head around sometimes." She admitted softly and it was at this point she really wanted a drink.

This was too much.

"It doesn't matter where you're from. You are still Superman, that is all that matters." And it was true. Just because he wasn't from her world didn't make him somehow less of a Superman. "I'm Alex Danvers."

Superman likes this.
  5. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    'No, it really didn't.' he said, his smile turning a bit goofy at how ridiculous his powers seemed, even to him. Two were the most typical reactions to the manifestation of his powers when it came to humans; either they'd be awed and confused, or afraid and angered. Superman appreciated that the lady had asked him about his well being instead, even if she knew he was fine.

Though, judging by her breathing, her heart rate and her body language, the lady was upset. She was trying to maintain her composure, but it was hard for him to ignore the signs. He wasn't sure what the issue was, and for a moment he thought that maybe him being from a parallel earth had upsetted her, which he understood completely. But then, she ensured him that that was not the case, and Superman approached her, feeling more sure about the situation. Especially after finding out that he was friends with Clark, which explained why she was talking with him in the first place.

'Sometimes it's hard for me to believe it too. The idea that I am surrounded by friends and family of Superman's... who don't recognize me.' he said, in an attempt to make her feel better. It was difficult for both sides, he could only assume; for him because he had to live up to expectations the other Superman had set, for them because they had to form new bonds with another version of their friend. But what she said next took a huge burden off of his chest, and he immediately felt a lot better. He couldn't think of anything that made him more happy than to be accepted like that.

'Thank you, Alex Danvers. It is an honor to meet you.' he said sincerely, and as he spoke her name, he noticed that it sounded familiar. During his time in Pandora he had gotten a glimpse of other Earths, but there had been a lot of information to process, even for a non human. 'Your last name... It is familiar, I think I've heard it before...' he said, making an effort to recollect more about it.

Alex Danvers likes this.
  6. Alex Danvers

Alex Danvers DC Universe

Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Both Kal and Kara had powers Alex could only dream of having. The sun in the skies, that yellow sun, was the source of their power and Alex had once felt jealous, inferior, compared to her sister because of it. How could she compete with someone who could, literally, touch the stars? And she felt so bad because not once was it ever rubbed in her face, not directly.

She could imagine it would be difficult on both sides. The friends or family that had to realize that he wouldn't know what they had done in their world and on the other hand he also would not know what they had done or experienced. To talk about events that might put one of them in an awkward position because they just didn't know what had transpired. For Alex he was simply Superman. Sure she would have to remember that some things she had experienced he had not but that was okay. She wouldn't look at him any other way than simply being Superman.

Because in essence, that was who he was. A different world didn't alter that fact. "Hard for us both. It's not always easy." Alex nodded in agreement, "and the honor is all mine, Superman. Consider me a friend, if you will. I already consider you one." As if her feelings on the matter were not clear already, her words, that statement, showed how deeply she cared for him and how she wouldn't be swayed by the differences.

Did his world have the Danvers family? Or at least some variation of it? Of course another universe might, which was a terrifying thought really. So many possibilities. Did an alternate version of her exist? What would she be like? Alex really didn't want to know too much. One version of her was bad enough but two? The poor poor universe. "You might have a version of my family in your world perhaps? Or at least my parents or some variation. Eliza and Jeremiah Danvers. They are well known scientists of my world." She wasn't entirely sure how much help her words were considering they were from different places but it was worth a shot.

Even if it gave her a pang to remember she had left her family behind.

Again.

Superman likes this.
  7. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    'Of course. I'm always happy to make a friend.' he said with a juvenile excitement that indicated his words were true. He was quick to consider someone a friend, but that didn't make his sentiments shallow. After all, Alex had already been a friend to Superman, so his biggest worry was living up to the standards that Superman had set. It was the same with others from alternate worlds , though he had a feeling that Alex wasn't going to complicate things in the way Bruce did.

He considered her next words for a few seconds, trying to bring events back to his memory. 'It is possible. But if they have been American scientists it would be quite difficult for me to meet them.' he said. He wasn't allowed to fly over the USA due to the increasing hostility between the country with the Soviet Union. He had broken that rule when Metropolis was in danger and he hadn't regretted it, but a prolonged stay could have very unfortunate consequences which was the last thing he wanted. 'No, I think... I have heard about them from Kara. My cousin. Supergirl. Do you know her?' he asked, realizing that Kara had used the name Danvers, among others, as a secret identity. It wasn't something he was familiar with, since he had never used one, but it was common for many heros to keep their personal life separate from their superhero one. It was particularly important for Kara, and he had come to respect that. Having experienced Krypton's destruction first hand, he understood the need for some normality in her life and maybe she had found that with the Danvers.

Alex Danvers likes this.
  8. Alex Danvers

Alex Danvers DC Universe

Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    ((ooc// i am so sorry it took so long!))

[​IMG]
    This Kal-El might have looked different from the one she knew but it didn't matter. That feeling of him being familiar remained and she accepted it rather than pushed it away.

"Makes sense. Being from another country and all." Alex nodded, taking it all in stride. She didn't feel disappointed that he didn't know them - it was a long shot by all standards so getting upset would be pointless.

But the knowledge that he also had a Kara made her heart leap with joy. "I know her. At least one version. In fact it was a version of you who brought Kara to my parents house. She's been my sister ever since." A bond that was far too strong to be shattered. There had been trying times, times in which Alex herself thought that Kara would hate her.

Instead Kara forgave her. She was far too good, too pure, for this world.

"Out of everyone back home, I miss her the most."

Superman likes this.
  9. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    He should have figured it sooner. 'Sister..' he mused out loud, the surprise written on his face. It shouldnt be impossible to believe, since he had human adoptive parents, but having someone to grow up with that would be close to your age was different. Superman had many times wished for a brother, so that he would feel less alone. It hadn't happened, but in hindsight, he was grateful that he had had great friends to rely on back then.

After his initial surprise, his smile returned. He was happy Kara had not been lonely and he figured that must have been Clark's reasoning for taking her to the Danvers house. Clark didn't have siblings as well, he reckoned, so he wanted more for Kara. He could understand that reasoning very well.

'I'm sorry. I never had a sibling so I can't imagine what you are going through, but I understand what it's like to miss loved ones. I can definitely say that Kara is lucky to have found a sister in you.' he said. Being away from family was probably the worst part about Pandora. He could not imagine anything that was as horrible and the only way to relieve the agony and keep going, for him at least, was to create a semblance of the feelings that came with having a family.

'Do you have anyone in Pandora? Friends from your world, or ones that you made here?' he asked. Those tended to make life less difficult and painful.

ooc. it;s okay!!! no worries!!​

Alex Danvers likes this.
  10. Alex Danvers

Alex Danvers DC Universe

Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    "It's okay. You understand and that is what matters." He missed his loved ones while she missed her sister. A sister that was a loved one, so it really was the same kind of thing.

His question took her by surprise. It shouldn't have but it did and she was reminded of the fact that she was alone. "If there is I haven't seen them yet." Alex admitted. No point in lying about that detail. "It could be worse. I could be alone but that isn't the case. I have a friend."

She looked at him in case he missed her point. He was the friend she was talking about. "Do you have anyone from your world here or are we both in the same boat?"

Superman likes this.
  11. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    His smile was bittersweet but it was genuine. He wished he could help Alex somehow, but he understood that she would only be much happier with Kara around. And honestly, he would too, for many reasons. It wasn't just the fact that she was his only surviving relative and his connection to Kryton, but also because he had realised what a special person she was. Much stronger than him for one, not simply in terms of physical power but emotional strength, after having to overcome watching the destruction of Krypton with her own eyes.

So Alex and Kara were both lucky to have found one another. He was really happy for them and his smile brightened when Alex called him her friend. With most people, he had to make an effort to win them over, particularly Clark's friends, but Alex had welcomed him without thinking twice about it. He appreciate the confidence she had in him and was eager to not disappoint her.

'I have never seen anyone from my world.' he admitted, his voice having a nostalgic tone for his Earth and its people. 'But I am happy I can count on friends from other Earths.' he added, looking back at Alex with brightblue and grateful eyes. 'And um, I guess there's always Batman right?' he said in an attempt to make them smile more. He did not know if Alex had any connection with Clark's best friend, but he would be surprised if he was absent from their Earth .

Alex Danvers likes this.
  12. Alex Danvers

Alex Danvers DC Universe

Race:
    Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    ((ooc// think we can end here or you can do another post and then end it? seems like a good place ^^))

[​IMG]
    "That's good." Alex nodded and then the tone of the conversation became a little lighter and she chuckled. "Can't escape him no matter where we go." Alex was teasing of course. She didn't know Batman personally but she was applying for a position in his work force.

"Have you eaten? I can get us some lunch. You can show me around in the meantime, unless something more important pops up." He was Superman and if something happened she didn't mind if he took off to save a life.