By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Completed The Frozen Wastes

Discussion in 'RP Requests & Plotting' started by Rani, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Rumors come out of the Dread Wastes of an area that seems to have frozen over permanently. It all started at the ruins of a large city that would not have been out of place in Centria. But upon the arrival of Spring, the area seems to have abruptly turned into a snowy and frozen landscape. While the change stopped abruptly at the boundaries of the city, as days passed, it seems to grow gradually larger. Where will it stop? Will it stop?

On top of that, people seem to be going missing. And while that in itself is nothing unusual -- this is Pandora, after all -- there have been occasional sightings of strange figures in heavy robes, their skin ashen and ice dripping from their eyes. A Cult has appeared somewhere in Pandora, and they are kidnapping people to sacrifice to their horrific deity. The icy phenomenon seen across Pandora is just a glimpse of his power.

Goal

So, cultists and the dread lord they worship are both the cause and thus hold the solution to the Touch of Ice seasonal event! The overall goal of this plot is to get a group of characters working together to investigate, track down, and ultimately defeat the cultists before they bring their Winter-aspect Lovecraftian Horror 100% into the world.

Important Plot Lore

Plot Timeline and Thread Tracker

Prologue
    [Seasonal Event] A Touch of Ice: Unexplained and unnatural wintery phenomenon is popping up all over Pandora.

Phase 1A: The Disappearances (March 1 - May 29)
    All over Pandora, people are vanishing. In reality, they are being kidnapped by the Cult for the purpose of ritual sacrifice. Lots of room for people to investigate here, and hopefully lead them to The Frozen Wastes.

Phase 1B: The Frozen Wastes (March 1 - May 29)
    Investigation into the Frozen Wastes begins and the cult that is found there. Could also crossover with Phase 1A and people can find kidnapped people.
    At the end of Phase 1, the characters should connect the disappearances to the cult in the Frozen Wastes, and get an idea of where the Cult hideout is, thus unlocking Phase 2!

Phase 2A: Rescue the Captured People (Late May)
    This might happen before or during Phase 2B. But either way, have to rescue those people hidden/trapped within the Cultist's Hideout. Or try to, at least.

No threads yet

Phase 2B: Stop the Ritual and Seal the Abomination's Power (Late May)

Hurray, victory!

No threads yet

The Cast

This doesn't just have names, but also potential plots and hooks you guys have mentioned. Please use this as a guide to help you find people to plot with and start planning some concrete events!

Investigators
    *Involved in past/active threads for this role
    Wolves of the Waste (Already know the area, could be good as guides)
    Infiltrating the Cult
    Potential Victims
    Cult Member
    • @Deimos (can act as an antagonist, but will likely desert the cult in the end)

Getting Involved

#1 Rani, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. Skooter910

Skooter910 Player

You know who'd be a good choice to help investigate a cult like this? Cindy Moon, a part-time superhero, and part-time investigative journalist. Dunno how she'll get involved in this exactly, but she'd totally be helpful when it comes to investigating and fighting them. She just needs someone to maybe join her so she's not doing dumb things completely alone. Again.

Rani likes this.
  3. Mikhail

Mikhail Ghost Mage

Deli boy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Adam Jensen has CREDENTIALS in cult investigation/breaking and entering into cults don't ask me why but apparently he's real fucking good at it, so @Skooter910 if cindy needs help from an ex-cop cyborg man :3c or anyone else for that matter

Rani and Skooter910 like this.
  4. Rani

Rani MODgician

I was thinking of doing a thing with my Noctis where he gets kidnapped from Pandopolis as part of a group that's being taken to the Frozen Wastes. They manage to escape before they make it though, which can lead to some fun wasteland survival stuff until they make it to Lethe or somewhere relatively safe.

But let's say there are potential witnesses in Pandopolis to a City Guard being frozen by a mysterious member of the Cult, and that could be a starting point for people like @Cindy Moon and @Adam Jensen and their investigation.

Also, does anybody want to join Noctis on his little kidnapping journey? I'd like him to end up in Lethe after the escape and some fun survival adventure stuff in the wastes, and get him more involved with the investigation and later butt-kicking (or getting his butt kicked).

Edit: I have @Bellamy Blake so far! Looking for 1 or 2 more.

#4 Rani, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Mikhail likes this.
  5. Skooter910

Skooter910 Player

Yeah, Cindy would be quite interested in following that breadcrumb trail. And hanging out with Adam Jensen because two heads are better than one, right?

Rani likes this.
  6. Lanni

Lanni Player

Race:
    Human Nerd
    I can maybe offer Manfred @Rani for the kidnapping journey. Might pull in the Wolves of the Waste Vigilante group that's hanging around, cause them to investigate the situation since their leader/member was kidnapped into this mess for sticking his nose in. We're plotting it out via discord chat, but I'll let you know when I hear back from everyone :3

GhostOfHalloweenPast and Rani like this.
  7. Rani

Rani MODgician

Maybe you guys could even find a witness to that event. Could be another fun role to draw somebody into that plot.

That sounds awesome! Yeah, let me know what you guys come up with.

Skooter910 likes this.
  8. Crystal

Crystal Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hey there! Me and @InclinedToServe would like to add Bill and Quirrel for this event! We have an ongoing personal plot together and they're both gonna be in the Wastes when the ice shit happens.

Basically, Bill will wanna infiltrate the Cult for chaos reasons but is gonna drag Quirrel along for the ride! So we thought that them bonding over infiltrating a cult and hopefully doing damage on the inside would be a fun bonding experience. xD

InclinedToServe and Rani like this.
  9. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipper
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    I have one character in the Wastes (@Lon'qu) I would like to toss into this. He already kinda lives in the colder area of Brattur but he would probs notice things getting weird. He's a merc too so he could be tasked with looking into these weird disappearances that are happening

Idk my brain is kinda mush right now but I just wanted to say that I'm interested in this!

Rani likes this.
  10. Jack

Jack Moderator
    Application Division

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    I'm down to have @Ozpin kidnapped and sacrificed, if it'll help move things along! He's immortal anyway, so it wouldn't be permanent, but depending on how the sacrifice works it's plausible that he'd be discarded before anyone actually realized he revived. Because wow Oz you just can't have a good fucking time in Pandora at all, can you

Rani likes this.
  11. Clayr

Clayr Player

I would love to throw Kethry into this, either as a rescuer, or as someone they kidnap to sacrifice before they realise they picked entirely the wrong person. Either way, she will be looking into this.

Rani likes this.
  12. Rani

Rani MODgician

Sounds like a fun time! What kind of damage are you thinking? If you guys get a thread going, please toss the link here and I'll add it to the timeline.

Brattur is kind of off in the middle of nowhere and cut off from a lot of everything else. Maybe there's some people from the village who go missing, and that could get him started. Meeting up with others in Lethe and comparing notes and eventually taking them to the Frozen Wastes.

As a sidenote, with Brattur's natural distrust of strangers and suspicious ways, could be a fun side plot to whip the village into a frenzy and looking for a scapegoat to blame the disappearances for.

Ooooh, yes, that would work really well! So, if you saw above, I'm looking for other people to be captured with Noctis and have a little dread wastes adventure as they escape early. Bellamy will be in it as well. But could be fun if Ozpin was also with them, but didn't manage to escape. Could give Noctis and Bellamy a more concrete reason beyond "these people are doing bad things" to get further involved once they make it back to civilization. Maybe they even managed to escape together at first, but Ozpin gets recaptured during their struggle to survive the region..

She would definitely be a great asset! I'll add her to the list once I start compiling it.

Crystal and Jack like this.
  13. Rani

Rani MODgician

Also, I've updated the first post with some more details on the Cult itself!

14. Jack

Jack Moderator
    Application Division

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Rani

I'm definitely down for Oz to be part of it! He's pm king of the martyrs, so if he saw an opportunity to get them out of the region, he'd have no issue fucking himself over for someone else's sake. SO IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR HIM. EXCEPT FOR THE DYING PART. THAT'S NOT FUN AT ALL.

15. Hannah

Hannah i'll make a path to the rainbow's end

Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    I'll add in @Deimos as a new person to the Cult and looking to make her mark and find somewhere she can sort of take some control of this world, as I've talked to Rani about it. If it's allowed, she can be an antagonist for people to try and fight if they like (although she is powerful). Likely she'll bail after realising just what happens in the long run...

Also adding in @Nebula as part of the Wolves of the Waste, but Lanni has more info on that. :)

16. Jace

Jace an absolute fiend

Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    i'll toss @Cayde-6 in for some investigating! and @Václav Koller could join noct with the getting kidnapped fun, more motivation for adam really ;)

17. Mikhail

Mikhail Ghost Mage

Deli boy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @Jace somehow i knew you would fucking do that to him

but also yeah if anyone around pandopolis wants to be a witness for adam and cindy's investigation hmu otherwise @Skooter910 ill make a starter tomorrow probs?

Skooter910 likes this.
  18. Weenie

Weenie Best Nightmare Generator 2k19

Being the butt of every joke.
    Race:
    Wild Dog
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    I could definitely toss @Flowey into this plot since he was exiled to the Dread Wastes sometime during the winter. He’s basically had a really nasty history, even here in Pandora, and ever since his change of heart, would be looking to improve himself and actually try to be a decent person again. I could see him traveling to the Frozen Wastes unintentionally as his own curiosity tends to get to best of him at times. He could also be useful in infiltrating the cult/collecting information about them because he is a small and unassuming flower.

Need help escaping death by cultists? Tiny flower can help too!

Also, I just wanna put a small note in here. At this point, Flowey technically could transform out of his flower form (because he was not born a flower and was originally someone else in a former life), but I believe for the majority of this plot (or at least until I reapp him), he will be a flower, because the only way he could maintain his actual form is through an unstable SOUL he was given over the winter. Since the SOUL is closely tied with his emotions, it disintegrates and loses power when he’s stressed, causing him to revert back into a flower. And currently, he’s always stressed so it’s gonna be fun flower times for him for now. : )))))

TL;DR: Smol flower with a shady history and a freaking tag in the back of his head wants to be a not-shithead for once in his life and would like to accompany you!! :)

#18 Weenie, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  19. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipper
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Oooh! I like this! I could definitely see Brattur getting really up in arms about this, especially if a lot of the people going missing are actual residents from there. Lon'qu could give some insight on what's happening from that side to the other people investigating too, so I'd be more than happy to contribute to this!

Rani likes this.
  20. Amity

Amity Player

After recent discussions on Discord, I would like to join in as well please! I would like to add Alita to the investigators team. At the moment, Alita is a wonderer so she can learn about the cult and comes to help the team that goes to investigate. What if she comes along and meets up with @Cindy Moon and @Adam Jensen while on the trail on the breadcrumbs and then meets up with the other team members? After all two cyborgs are better then one.

Mikhail likes this.