By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

the girl's got claws

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Christina Wendall, May 9, 2018.

1. April 20th, Year 7
    tag: open

Christina was still getting used to her new life as a werewolf. For the most part it was all business as usual - she went to a class here and there at the college, staying in her dorm so that she could avoid having to stay at the Shelter or the Orphanage, though she didn't have as much interest in simple lectures as she once did. Not when she knew that she was different, now. She was special. She could feel it in the very core of her being at any given moment.

Of course, it was all very new to her still, and she didn't have control over it, not fully. She liked to think she did, but her emotions were all over the place, leaving her prone to outbursts over the smallest things. Like now, walking down the street, when someone ran into her with a decent amount of force, causing the coffee in her hands to spill, soaking the sleeve of her jacket in the hot, dark liquid.

"Ow! Hey, watch where you're going, jerk!" She called after the person, who hadn't even bothered to so much as say 'sorry', or make sure she was alright.

"What are you going to do, little girl?" The man countered, stopping now, but not to apologize. He looked her up and down with a derisive laugh that set her off entirely. Her teeth seemed to become sharper, she could feel them shift their shape, becoming almost too big for her mouth in her human form as she replied with a gutteral snarl. And her hands, as she raised them up in front of her, now had long, sharp nails growing from them, hands twisting and cracking as they shifted slowly into full claws despite every attempt she made to calm herself down and stop it.

No, no, no, no... she couldn't Change, not here in the middle of the street like this. Not in a place so public while she had so little control. She looked around in a panic, eyes wide, a silent plea for help while the handful of people close enough to see what was happening were already turning to run...

2. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf
    not all monsters do monstrous things

City Guard, Midcourt Division
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alex had kept an eye on Christina over time except she couldn't be there all the time. It was her duty to help the young werewolf adapt though when she began to change in response to the rude male, it wasn't Alex Danvers who came to save the day.

Scott had lifted up a hand to shield his eyes from the glare of the sun, finishing the last dregs of cold coffee in the Styrofoam cup before tossing the empty cup into the nearby bin. He'd paused long enough to smell the air and hear the sounds of hurried footsteps. It helped bring him from his darker thoughts that spun in his head, losing few of his packmates had been the cause of such distress.

With something to focus on, he hurried towards the scene as people were backing away, spying a young woman who he recognized instantly as another werewolf. Scent was a huge clue, including the fact she was shifting and he could smell her emotions that seemed to jump all over the place. So what did he do? He walked right up towards her, looking deep into her eyes. For now they remained his normal color, not wanting to use his alpha power unless he had to.

"What three things cannot long be hidden?" He asked her, wanting her to focus on the question rather than the rising panic that was causing her to shift.

Unfortunately the guy Scott had pushed past wasn't too happy and grabbed his shoulder to try and get him away from the girl who had 'mocked' him.

Christina Wendall likes this.
  3. Christina was trying, she really was, but the fear that struck her over the potential of changing form in public only added to the flood of uncontrollable emotions that started to crash over her, wave after wave, until she barely had control over anything she felt coursing through her body. It was all anger and a need to defend herself, with her body immediately defaulting to the easiest way it could do that now.

That was, until there was someone standing directly in front of her, not backing away like the rest of the growing crowd. The voices around her sounded muffled and faraway in her head except for the boy who looked her dead in the eyes and asked 'What three things cannot long be hidden?'. She paused, her focus shifting from the blind rage she felt to the confusion at the question that came out of nowhere and made no sense to her.

"...what?" She didn't realize it at the time, as she tried to figure out what the words meant, and what the answer could be, that this distraction was actually calming her down just a little bit. She was still far from in control, but the claws stopped growing, and the rest of her shift seemed to slow and halt. "What does that even--"

But she didn't get the opportunity to finish that thought before that man was pulling the new guy away from her. "Who do you think you are?!" Her attention shifted from Scott to the man behind him, eyes narrowing dangerously, nails digging into her palms as her hands clenched into fists at her side.

Scott McCall likes this.
  4. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Though it was clear the girl didn't know, it was still having the desired effect of stopping her shift. Her scent was tinged with calm and Scott opened up his mouth to continue before he was rudely yanked aside. Keeping his balance was easy, keeping his annoyance in check was a little more effort taking.

"Look, you don't know what you're getting yourself into. Just walk away, now." Scott turned to talk to the man who narrowed his eyes in response. If they could get out of this without a fight then Scott would consider this a win. But the man responded to his words with a sneer, asking him if he had any idea to which Scott replied easily. "I do."

"And trust me when I say walking away will save your life." Scott knew that if things went south then the only way to solve this all would be to roar. Which would further out him as a werewolf and the fact he was an alpha might sow discourse in the other wolf's mind. He was not interested in being dominating. He was interested in helping and to avoid something they might come to regret.

5. Christina hated this. She hated not being in control of herself, of her emotions, of her entire physical being. She wanted to become a werewolf to be powerful - to experience things she never had before, things she never imagined possible. She hadn't thought through all of the potential side-effects that would come along with the time she didn't spend in her wolf form. As if being a teenage girl wasn't enough to deal with emotionally, now everything felt too much.

And here this boy was, trying to get people away from her - trying to keep her calm. He knew. He knew what she was. And that sent even more panic through her, though there was little reason for it as he was being nothing but helpful. She wasn't thinking rationally, everything was anger and fear, a dangerous combination.

Christina took several steps back from both of them, and it wasn't until the bones in her hands started to crack, twisting into claws, that the other man took Scott's advice and ran in the opposite direction. She looked at Scott with fear in her eyes, a silent plea to help as she continued to back away, fighting the change with every ounce of control she had left in her, while the rest of her instincts screamed at her to run before it was too late.

Scott McCall likes this.
  6. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The panic, the sheer fear was palpable and enough for Scott to know he had to do this. Cracking of bones as they shifted to become more wolf like wasn't startling in the slightest - he didn't have that when it came to his wolf but others in the pack did.

"I'm sorry." Scott spoke to the other werewolf once the man took off. He didn't even need to look around to see the area was now devoid of people. Good for the two werewolves that was for sure. He took half a step back as his eyes blazed alpha red and his features shifted into that of his wolf side.

And then he growled. Using all the power of the alpha inside of him to help stop the shift, to help the other werewolf gain control and if it worked then her wolf would submit. He knew this worked for other werewolves in his world but not others. And he hated it because it didn't give the other wolf much choice.

But if this helped her then so be it. His comfort meant nothing if it helped her.

7. Christina was ready to run. She was certain she could make it to somewhere safe if she left fast enough, and she'd be fine on her own for a little while, even in her wolf form. Or so she told herself. Honestly she had no way of knowing just what she would do if left to her own devices in her current state of agitation, and while she wasn't too keen on finding out she didn't see this playing out any other way.

That was, until the boy in front of her - the only person in the small crowd who didn't turn and run the moment it became apparent what was happening - apologized. For what? It caught her by surprise and she hesitated, watching his eyes flash red before his features turned. Oh. Oh. This was nothing like how she remembered her own transformation appearing, or Alex's. His was different, and there was something in the way his eyes flashed red that told her not to turn and run.

She felt... well, she wasn't sure what she felt, exactly. It wasn't like anything else she ever experienced as he let out a growl. But she felt the instincts of fear and rage that were bringing out her wolf subside almost immediately, retreating back within herself to be replaced with something much more docile and timid. It was as if he scared the wolf back inside of her, and Christina found herself taking a step or two away from him as she felt the shift pause before it started to reverse.

Slowly, but surely, the features that began to shift changed back into her regular hands, and teeth, and everything. "I--" She looked down at the ground, ashamed she let things get that out of control, unable to meet his eyes even to thank him for whatever it was he just did.

((ooc- let me know if any of that doesn't work for you! I was pretty much making it up as I went >.>))

Scott McCall likes this.
  8. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Scott had been there once. A new werewolf, struggling for control. Difference between the two was he hadn't wanted the bite whereas she did(not that he knew that). A perk of being an alpha was the fact he could help new werewolves with his growl - some alphas liked to use it as much as they could. Scott wasn't much of a fan - if it wasn't needed it wasn't needed.

He could smell and see the changes that his alpha roar had caused and she was starting to shift back to human. "I'm not a fan of using it." He explained softly, his eyes losing the red color. "I'm sorry if it scared you." Scott had been on the other end of an alpha roar and it wasn't all that fun. Especially being forced to submit by his own alpha at the time.

"You're new, aren't you? Having control takes time. Some learn it easier than others." There was a pause of reflection as he thought on it. His own beta Liam had trouble and he only knew that from his mom and strange visions in the past. "I'm just glad I could help. I know what its like." His wasn't exactly what you would fun. He'd tried to kill, made out with his bff's girl of his dreams.

9. She didn't want to admit that it scared her as much as it had - she didn't want to seem weak, even if that looked like it was exactly the sort of reaction he expected from her. And it lingered, that sense of submission, an almost need to cower back, as her instincts retreated and left her with that lingering sense of being frightened that she couldn't shake right away, even as the boy's eyes lost their red color and he spoke comfortingly to her.

"It's alright", she said quietly, not sure if that was the remnants of the fear talking or actually her. But she didn't blame him - he only did it to help, and as much as she didn't like it she didn't like the idea of what she might've done without even more.

"Yes. I thought I was doing alright but clearly I don't have this as under control as I thought I did. I almost-"
    she started, but broke off, shaking her head. "I could've--" she didn't want to think about what she might've done to that man if he hadn't stopped her.

"Thank you." She said instead, those words coming much easier.

Scott McCall likes this.
  10. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Scott breathed slowly. He liked being the friend more than the leader which was probably why others tended to want to be part of his pack. It was super weird for him to have others wanting to follow him. At least this wasn't much of an 'issue' here, not that it was an issue to begin with but still.

"It's okay. These things can take time." He assured her. Becoming a werewolf wasn't easy and not just for the physical changes. Mentally it was tough, having those wolf instincts to contend with especially around the full moon. "Some focus on a mantra, others have their own anchor - something that reminds them of their humanity."

With her thanks he was able to smile. "It's the least I can do." She was safe, no-one had gotten hurt. For him this was a win. "I was about to get a hot chocolate, and maybe something to eat. Interested in coming along?" He'd buy her lunch if she was hungry, but mostly he was trying to see how she was doing.

11. Something to remind her of her humanity? Maybe that was her problem, then - she didn't want to be human. She didn't want reminders of being normal, of being so painfully boring, back when her life was all reading about things happening and not things actually happening. "Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll try a mantra from now on." It was worth a shot, if nothing else. And she owed him to at least make an effort to take his advice after the lengths he just went to just to help her, and he didn't even know her.

But he was like her, and besides Alex she hadn't actually spoken to any other werewolves in Pandora yet. The idea of hot chocolate after everything that just happened sounded nice (she realized she was still a little shaky, though she'd never admit it even if it was probably pretty obvious). "...well, I did spill my coffee when that guy ran into me." She observed, with another sad glance down at the stained sleeve of her jacket. "Alright. If I'm not intruding," she added quickly, already wondering he was just inviting her to tag along out of pity.

Scott McCall likes this.
  12. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Scott gave a nod. Things that worked for one werewolf didn't work for another and he was reminded of his lessons from Derek. The anger that would keep him safe might work for Derek but that wasn't who Scott was. "The mantra I told you before, an alpha named Satomi often used it. Another pack, the Hales, used alpha, beta, omega. Of course you can find your own. The great thing about this is you can try all sorts of mantras to see what works for you."

He began to walk, leading the way to the cafe. He wasn't doing this out of pity for her - he just didn't want to leave so soon after something so big. And she might have questions which was worth sticking around for. Scott could not stop helping even if it meant his life. A blessing and a curse it seemed.

"You're not intruding. Not at all! I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it." He added once he crossed the threshold into the building. It was relatively empty, no surprises since it wasn't the busiest time of day, and put in his order for a drink and something to eat, and then let Christina order what she wanted.

13. Christina wondered what sort of mantra she might be able to cling to in those sorts of moments, should she find herself in a situation like that again. She was a writer, and an avid reader, perhaps she should go back through some of her favorites and see if there was a quote of some kind that stuck with her. Something she could pull meaning from. Or maybe she could make up one of her own that would be entirely unique to her.

She'd have to think about it.

She planned on replacing the coffee she spilled but after hearing Scott talk about hot chocolate she couldn't get the idea out of her head. "A hot chocolate for me as well," she said when it was her turn to order, before standing back with a small smile.

She remained quiet while they waited for the drinks and whatever it was the boy ordered. It wasn't until they were walking over to a table to sit that she finally spoke up with one of the questions floating around her head.

"So, how long have you been-- you know." He seemed about her age, but he also appeared to have a much better grasp of everything than she did.

14. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Scott didn't mind what she ordered - coffee or hot chocolate or even tea. It wasn't his place to say what she could and couldn't have and it wasn't as if he couldn't afford something. So once they'd gotten their orders, Scott walked towards an empty table to sit down.

How long? He had to think about that considering the nature of this place. He'd been sixteen when he was first bitten, and now he was eighteen. He hadn't asked to become a werewolf and at the beginning all he wanted was to find a cure. Now he couldn't imagine his life without being a werewolf.

"Close to three years now." Scott replied once he took his seat. So many things had happened. From battles of life and death, to making friends and allies, to mourning the losses of the pack. "I used to wish I could find a cure. I hadn't wanted to be a werewolf. I didn't even know they existed until that night. But now?"

He gave a bit of a laugh. "I wouldn't change it for the world." He took a mouthful of his hot chocolate, noting there were marshmallows in the liquid. Delicious. "What about you?"

15. Her eyes widened at that knowledge, unable to cover her initial shock. "Oh wow," she said, taking a small sip of her hot chocolate to test the temperature - she could tell it was going to be delicious just from the small taste, but she decided to give it a few more moments to cool. She had the time to wait anyway - the boy was asking her how long she was a werewolf, a fair question in return after her own. But she was suddenly very aware of just how new to this she was compared to him after his answer.

"About two months now," she said slowly, looking down at the cup on the table in front of her instead of up at him. "I guess I still have a lot to learn. I thought more of it would be... I don't know, instinctual? And I guess it is, just not the kind of instincts I want to be the ones coming through like that." It wasn't as if being a werewolf was suddenly just part of her, something she had total control over from day one like flipping a switch on and off. The instincts that came naturally were difficult to control, they were more primal than she anticipated, and that was something she struggled with more than she cared to admit.

She took another sip of the dark liquid, a longer one this time, allowing the warm drink to sooth what remained of her nerves.

Scott McCall likes this.
  16. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Two months? The fact she hadn't wolfed out immediately showed she had some degree of control, Scott was thinking. More than she knew. He knew what it felt like, to have those instincts, to feel the primal animal inside. For him he had wolfed out, on the lacrosse field and if Allison hadn't been there, who knows what might have happened.

"A lot of new wolves tend to completely wolf out, even after the first few months. You held on longer than most. It might not seem like much but you still should be proud." Even if she had to have an alpha stop her from totally wolfing out, Scott still felt a twinge of pride for the younger werewolf.

This life, the life of a werewolf, it wasn't easy. It was hard and dangerous and sure there were times when it was completely and utterly amazing. Couldn't have good times without the bad and vice versa.

"Learning is part of the process. Even I'm still learning." And that was okay. There was always more to learn, to grow and help others. He sipped at his drink while he thought of this before picking up his sandwich. "You'll get to a point where other instincts will come through. Werewolves, for the most part, can be violent predators. But we don't have to be that way. We can be more than that. Because not all monsters do monstrous things."

He paused. The words he had spoken had been said by Lydia Martin once. She'd come here and then vanished, only to come back and vanish again. There were others in his pack that he cared for greatly, but he still missed those who made up the original pack. Lydia, Allison. A time where all he had to worry about was werewolves, not kanimas or darachs or anything else.

17. Christina felt the slight flush of pink color her cheeks at the compliment. She certainly didn't feel like nearly attacking a man on a crowded street over some spilled coffee was anything to be proud of, but maybe Scott had a point. She only almost did it. Sure, that was entirely because he was there to step in and help, but she did manage to hold out on her own while he stalled. If she wasn't getting some sort of hold on things she would've been a wolf before he even showed up.

"Thanks," she said with a small smile, taking another small sip of the warm beverage. Between the hot chocolate and the boy's reassuring words she was feeling a lot better already.

"Not all monsters do monstrous things," she repeated, musing. "I like that. Mind if I use it in a story?" She asekd resisting the urge to reach directly into the bag she sat next to her chair and pull out her notebook. She thought she could remember this without turning the whole conversation into a journalling session, though. Pandora was quickly teaching her that people didn't always appreciate that sort of thing - the feeling that anything you said was on some sort of record, even if it was just for herself.

"...I write. I'm a writer. Or, well, I'd like to be." She clarified with a shrug. It wasn't like she had anything published, or even finished, despite the amount of time she spent on the hobby.

Scott McCall likes this.
  18. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Scott dug into his food, having not eaten much since breakfast and with a metabolism like his he needed to keep up his energy. Before he took another sip of his hot chocolate, he made sure to swallow the mouthful of food so that it didn't mix. Already he learned that it wasn't much of a nice taste.

Her words surprised him - not that she was a writer but that she asked if she could use the words. "I don't mind at all!" Made no sense to him to keep that line to themselves. Why not share it with the world and if she was a writer then she could do just that. Much better than a red-eyed werewolf like him. "If you write stories then you definitely are a writer to me.

If it's something you love, don't ever give up on it."
    Scott was speaking from experience. "Don't let Pandora try and take that away. I mean, I still want to be a vet even if it's a little harder to achieve here. But I'm not going to give up. I'll keep going until I make it." Sure it might be a shock to hear that he wanted to be a vet. The importance of this conversation was simple.

Don't give up on your dreams.

19. Once he gave her permission to, Christina felt a lot better about pulling her notebook out of her bag and jotting the sentence down on the next spot of empty space she could find. Sometimes the pages were full of neat, orderly lines of a story or poem, other times she wrote on sloppy angles, hastily writing down ideas before they could leave her, or doodling in margins.

Not all monsters do monstrous things.

Her long brown hair brushed over the page as she wrote the line down before closing the book again quickly.

"I don't plan on giving it up," she promised. "In fact, becoming a werewolf, that's just one more thing that I can add to my life experiences that I can draw on in my writing. Each new aspect of my life I undergo is just potential inspiration." Becoming this, it wasn't going to stop her from doing what she wanted to do in life. In fact, it was a vital stepping stone along the way, so far as she was concerned.

And she wasn't going to stop here, either.

"And this world has so much more to offer than my home ever did," she admitted. She didn't have a lot going for her there, not in the grand scheme of things. And while it was difficult to make it entirely on her own here, it wasn't impossible. She just didn't want Scott to think she was lost or hopeless based off of what he saw back there in the street. She was doing alright, all things considered.

But she also didn't want to only talk about herself. "But a vet, eh? That sounds like fun. Have you always been good with animals?"

Scott McCall likes this.
  20. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Honestly that was a good way to look at it. She didn't seem upset which Scott was glad - it would make things a little easier since she accepted it. While she wrote it down, Scott took the silent moment to have another few mouthfuls of his drink. He could offer help and advice but it was entirely up to her. She was not his Beta and she technically wasn't even his responsibility. Would that stop him from feeling a bit responsible? Not at all.

"It's a good way to look at it. And yes, it seems to be true for a lot of people." Scott replied to the words about how this world had more to offer which was true for some. For others they were more stifled, it just depended on when and where they'd come from. For Scott there were a few more things he could do here than he did at home but also he had less to do even if that might not make any sense.

"Ever since I can remember." He confirmed. He was good with animals and people, it was his skill. "Even before becoming a werewolf. I worked as a vet assistant who happened to know a lot about the supernatural." Talking about Deaton made him realize just how much he missed him. Not only was he a father figure but he was also like an emissary and ally to his pack. Which for a druid was fitting even if he had sort of given up after the deaths of most of the Hale pack.

"Being a werewolf only helps. For some I can smell if they're dying of a disease. I can take away pain by absorbing it into me which I can do with people as well." His gaze shifted down to his hands that were curled around the warm mug. Taking pain could only be done by those who cared, who had empathy and compassion for another. Taking too much pain could very well kill him though that was generally speculation. He had no-one else to ask if it was true and he wasn't keen on attempting it himself.