By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

The Hardest of Hearts

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Naraku, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

______________________________________________________________________________
    There is love in your body but you can't get it out
    It gets stuck in your head, won't come out of your mouth
    July 8th, Year 7 - @Ayano Tateyama

The half demon strolled through the new part of town. After his spontaneous trip to Silverwood, Naraku was preferring to stay in the city for the time being. There was more prey here and much to learn about this new land. He would return to wandering the woods once he'd lost interest in Pandora Town. The half demon would just need to make sure he did not encounter Hime again, which would be simple enough. He doubted the girl was that observant considering she'd so easily fallen for his trick.

There were so many strange being walking around out in the opened here. Naraku had never seen so many unusual people that were not demons about. He spied a pair of women watching him, but they walked away giggling when he looked at them. Naraku could never understand the reactions women gave him. The small semblance of feeling that he did have from Onigumo let him recognize that supposedly attractive men would cause women to be more easily wooed. The notion was silly to him, but his male urges always returned in some shape or another.

He'd yearned for Kikyo. He'd wanted to strangle her for causing such reactions out of him. How her gaze could capture him and sent torment running through his very being. Had it not been for Onigumo, Naraku would never have to feel this. What a release it had been to temporarily rid himself of Onigumo's form, Muso. He'd no longer been weighed down by feelings. It was a nuisance he was willing to risk ridding himself of them.

His feet was beginning to tire and he found a bench nearby to sit. It was made of some kind of magical wood. The moment he sat, flowers bloomed along the bench. However, as the flowers bloomed closer and closer, one happened to brush up against his hand. As it laid against him, it began to wither and fell to the ground in a sad heap.

Ayano Tateyama likes this.
  2. Ayano Tateyama

Ayano Tateyama Kagerou Project
    Red is the color of a hero

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It was her fifth day in Pandora and Ayano couldn't deny the fact that she was actually pretty happy. There were a lot of strange people in there and it was far from being a paradise, but the fact that there were actually other people there for her to meet made it much better than the Kagerou Daze. She had to leave her old life behind quite literally, so the only thing Pandora was doing to her was allowing her to start anew without bringing any risks to the safety of her siblings.

That didn't mean she had completely forgotten about them, however, far from it. Her scarf was a constant reminder of them and it was her most important item, but she knew she wouldn't be able to see them again, so she tried to not let that weigh on her mind too much.

Being in a whole new world meant that Ayano was still learning the ropes and so she wasn't doing much other than wandering around and checking the town she was in. Luckily, there was a shelter for new people like her to make themselves at home and she was making use of it until she figured out how she was going to make a living on her own.

While she was walking down the streets, a man dressed in a kimono drew her attention as he sat down on a bench that proceeded to suddenly generate a bunch of flowers around it. Her eyes widening with surprise, Ayano made her way over to the bench and looked at what happened.

"Wow... they're so pretty."
    She said, completely enamored by the sight of the flowers as she grabbed one and looked at it in her hand, then glancing towards the man. "Did you do this?" She asked him with a soft smile on her face.

Naraku likes this.
  3. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama
    A human woman was approaching. Naraku waited until the last moment to make eye contact with her. She had a familiar face. Perhaps she originated from Japan like himself. He gave her a silky smile. "No, I did not. I believe it is enchanted to do so. Witness for yourself." Naraku moved his body over on the bench so there was room for her to sit. His robes draped over the sides of the bench.

"Yes, they are beautiful," Naraku lied. He could not tell the difference. The only semblance of beauty he recognized was Kikyo's face, as that was the only memory of beauty left from the human within. Even that, he barely understood why he felt that way about her. He wished he could stop thinking about her. "Pandora has many hidden splendors, I have found. It is an interesting place."

"May I ask where you are from?" Naraku asked. The girl was young and seemed relatively ordinary. Though there was a presence. He would forgo any efforts to try and absorb her, he decided. His usual methods had proven much less effective here in Pandora. Besides, she did not seem to pose much of a threat nor possess any desirable power.

4. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So it wasn't that person who had the power to makes flowers suddenly appear, but rather the bench itself? He offered Ayano some room to sit and, out of pure curiosity, she sat down. Like he said, the instant she came into contact with the bench more flowers started showing up, a sight that left Ayano in pure awe that was only broken when she heard the man speaking to her.

"I'm from Japan. You're from there too, aren't you? Your kimono is very traditional and also really pretty." She answered his question, still having an innocent, warm smile on her lips. "I've only been in Pandora for five days, so I'm still getting used to all the strange things here. It's a little overwhelming, but at the same time, it's really exciting." Her eyes then looked down at the flower she was twirling in her hand.

#4 Ayano Tateyama, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  5. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama
    Naraku nodded. "Yes I am. However, I cannot recognize your garments. It seems as though many people hear wear them." Her comment about his kimono left him vexed. What did that mean? It was standard for a lord, that much he understood. This world was strange and it was clear this girl was not from the Japan that he was familiar. It occurred to him that they might not be from the same era, similar to Inuyasha's second woman, Kigome.

The girl was just as unaccustomed to Pandora. He gave her a sympathetic look. "It takes time. Even I have not fully adjusted, and I have been here merely a month's time."

"I must apologize, but I have not yet introduced myself. I am Naraku. What is your name, maiden?"

He faintly recalled that women occasionally liked to be referred to as such.

6. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    He didn't know her outfit? That was just her school uniform, schools in Japan all over the place had the students wear them, so they should have been a common sight if they were both from the same country. Maybe he was from somewhere that had a different dress code when it came to those things? Ayano didn't travel much through Japan, so that was possible, definitely.

It turned out this man, Naraku as he introduced himself, had actually not been in Pandora for that long himself. A month was still a lot more than just five days, but she could understand how in a place like this, even a month would feel like you don't really know anything yet.

"O-Oh, I'm Ayano. Nice to meet you, Mr. Naraku!" She introduced herself, a little taken aback by the fact he referred to her as "maiden", which was so formal, it really wasn't something you heard every day. "Have you gotten to see much of Pandora yet?" She asked him as a way to keep the conversation going.

Naraku likes this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama

Mr. Naraku. Just like that Hime girl. "Ayano...A pleasant name," he commented.

"I have seen some of it. I am unsure of how large this land is. I have visited around Pandora Town and also the forests to the north known as Silverwood. I wish to see more." Naraku paused thoughtfully. "Why do you think we have been taken here?"

It was a question he had often thought over and overheard others echoing his sentiment. To be pulled from one's universe was uncommon, even among stranger's standards. Naraku had once thought he'd been dragged to hell, yet this was unlike any hell he'd ever predicted. It was surprisingly tame if it was.

8. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Why had they been taken there? That was a good question and Ayano obviously didn't have the answer for it. She hadn't actually given it much thought, merely having been glad to be in a world with other people in it, a world where she could see other people being happy. Unlike with the Daze, she didn't really have any idea of how this Pandora really worked, she just happened to get brought there without any rhyme or reason.

"I... haven't thought about that, actually." Ayano played with the flower in her hand some more. "There are a lot of different people here, from different worlds too. Whoever is doing this, they must be really powerful but... why do this...?"

She began stroking her chin as she tried to think of why anyone would want to bring people from so many different worlds to one place. It couldn't be just that they wanted to bring them to a place where they could be happier. Unlike Ayano, some people actually had people waiting for them back at home and some had been living happy lives already before ending up in Pandora.

So what was the reason behind all of this? She really had no idea.

Naraku likes this.
  9. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama

Different worlds. That was the inexplicable part. Only a god could possess such power. Yet, it must have a reason. "Perhaps the reason will be revealed to us in time. Answers have a way of revealing themselves."

Naraku paused before looking straight at the girl. "Forgive me if this is rude, but I must ask. Are you a human?" Naraku did not necessarily mind if she knew what he was. It appeared there was such a variety of beings in this world that it may not have the same effect as it would in his home world. However, he would not broach the subject unless asked.

"I just sense something about you that is different."

10. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Maybe it was something they would find out later, yeah. Ayano wasn't in a rush to figure out what was going on, as she didn't really mind being in Pandora, but she hoped that those who wanted to go home could find a way out soon. She didn't want them to be forced to stay away from their loved ones for very long, she knows she wouldn't like any of her siblings appearing in Pandora for exactly that reason.

When Naraku asked her if she was human, Ayano raised an eyebrow. That was a bit of an odd question to ask, but when he said he had sensed something different in her, then she realized that he may be able to detect the snake that was within her and the power it gave her. How he was doing that, she couldn't tell, but she couldn't help but be cautious whenever the topic of her eye ability came up.

"Yes, I'm human."
    That much wasn't a lie, at least. "Why? Do you have some kind of superpower?" She asked, growing curious herself

Naraku likes this.
  11. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama

Naraku closed his eyes, smiling slightly. Perhaps the human was unaware of herself. That or she was attempting to deceive him. He replied, "I am just an observant man."

That wasn't entirely a lie. He reopened his eyes and looked at her. "Many of those who you see walking around are not human or some combination. I have never seen so many different....beings in one place." While some were obvious in their appearance, others were not. This area in particular had an additionally magical feeling about it, which was no doubt attracting these types. Demons behaved similarly, usually being attracted to graves, despair, or festering malevolence.

"The Japan I originate from is full of such things. Though most would recognize it."

12. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Observant, he said, but there was nothing about Ayano that would be noticeable as non-human in nature unless Naraku had some kind of skill that could detect the snake within her. Whether he could do that or not, that wasn't really a problem, but why hide it? That was a little suspicious...

Still, she could understand where he was coming from. A lot of the people in Pandora looked like normal humans, but a lot also had some traits that made them distinctly non-human in nature. Looks could be very deceiving in a place like Pandora and that was something Ayano to keep in mind as a mostly average human.

"You mean youkai? They actually exist in the Japan you come from?" Ayano was very curious about some kind of alternate version of Japan, as that kind of thing almost sounded like some kind of fantasy world. "There really isn't anything like that in the Japan I know."

Well, outside of the Medusa. but that looked to be an exception rather than the rule and she wasn't even sure of how that happened either. All she knew was that the medusa existed and her snakes were causing no end of trouble for the people of her world and it was affecting those closest to her in particular.

13. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama

Naraku began to chuckle. Oh the irony. "Oh yes. It would surprise me if they were not in your Japan walking beside you, unseen."

He tilted his head as though he was looking down at her. "Do you wish to know a secret?" The smile had not left his face. Naraku was curious as to how the girl would react to him. Would she slap him and try to run? She seemed accustomed to the supernatural at least for her time being at Pandora. Though she appeared innocent and not aware of the darker side of Pandora. The hidden places were demons and monsters like him roamed. Only now that darker place was here in the daylight.

"Would you believe me if I said that I was half youkai?"

14. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ayano pulled herself back a little once she heard Naraku actually go in more detail. He was a youkai himself! One that was more human in appearance, like other creatures that resided in Pandora, but she hadn't expected that turn of events. Her eyes became wide with surprise and her mouth was agape, although she tried to cover the latter with her hand.

"H-Half? You mean something like... you're the son of a youkai and a human?" That was how it happened in those stories, right? A human and a youkai fall in love with each other and their child comes out a hybrid, more human in appearance but still possessing the traits of their youkai heritage. Was this what was going on with Naraku?

15. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama

"Not quite," Naraku replied. "I was created out of the desires of a lustful bandit. Onigumo was near death when a priestess saved his life. He desired her so much that he let youkai feast upon him. And thus, Naraku was created."

He kept a steady gaze on her, prepared in case she lashed out at him. For now she had no reason to hate him. However, that did not mean that sentiment wouldn't change in moments. The more any rational person learned about Naraku, their desires to kill him would only increase.

"Are you afraid of me?"

16. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The tale that was told her was... a bit strange. Did the bandit love the priestess so much that he was willing to do anything to stay alive and be with her? Giving his body to the youkai seemed a bit counterproductive for that though. After all, at that point, it wouldn't be him staying with her anymore, right? This was Naraku, not Onigumo, so in the end, the two lovers would be separated anyway...

Ayano knew youkai came in various shapes and forms, with similarly varying levels of threat to them, so it was a little hard to gauge anything about Naraku. The way he worded himself as the had feasted on Onigumo's body sounded... unpleasant, but it was all an agreement in the end, right? It was a really weird thing to think about but... Ayano didn't so much feel scared as she felt confused.

"N-No... I mean, it's not like you've done anything bad... I think..."
    She answered, having some clear doubts ringing in her head, as well as a general feeling of uneasiness that came with it. She broke eye contact with Naraku, unsure about how to feel about the whole thing.

Naraku likes this.
  17. Naraku

Naraku Guest

[​IMG]

@Ayano Tateyama

The gears were turning in the girl's mind. Naraku watched her expression as she came to realize that he may not be the kind stranger as he appeared. Curiously though, fear did not cross her face. It looked more to be confusion. Her words were innocent enough, but it told Naraku she did not understand. She was thinking in the terms of fairy tales and romance stories. A man so nice could not be so cruel. How very wrong she was.

"You should take care in this new world, maiden," Naraku cautioned. "It is dangerous and you still have much to learn. You may never know who you may encounter."

Naraku rose from the bench, giving her a gentle smile. "It was pleasant meeting you. I wish you well on your journey through Pandora."

18. Ayano Tateyama

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The words Naraku gave her were foreboding. He had said earlier that he had only been in Pandora for a month, so he couldn't have seen that much of it. His words felt less like he was warning her about others that might cause her some harm and more about himself. Was that really it? Was Ayano talking to someone that would have no problem at all with killing her if he wanted to? The mere thought of it was chilling, but it looked like he was going to be leaving without doing anything to her.

"A-Alright, goodbye..." She said, the smile having long faded from her expression and, instead, replaced with a face of uncertainty and concern.

She remained seated on the bench as Naraku started leaving, looking down at the flower in her hand and fiddling with it as she thought about what had just happened. Youkai... they were also in Pandora, and some of them were pretty well hidden, in plain sight even. Ayano knew Pandora was far from being a paradise, but now she couldn't help but wonder about how dangerous it really was.

Naraku likes this.