By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

The Life of Rani

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Rani, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

The Life of Rani

Plot with me!

About MeHey all! I'm Rani and I totally need to interact with and plot with more people around here. :) I'm 30 going on 31 in January, and have two wonderful kitties who I will talk to people about until they get sick of hearing about them. I love video games (especially rpgs), comics, anime, world building, coding, writing (don't we all) and have recently gotten into more tabletop gaming too. I love running big plots and have a lot of grandiose ideas. Though I have a bit more trouble coming up with smaller-scale character-centric plots.

I'm also your Plots & Events coordinator and the Technical Coordinator here on Pandora, which means that I sometimes get so wrapped up in those projects I totally forget to reply to my rp threads for forever.

About My PlotsI like a broad variety of plots. Everything from adventure to mystery to just fluffy silliness. My favorite sorts involve parent-child relationships, horror/spooky, and things revolving around obsession/possession and such. I also adore the more whimsical and weird too.

What you can expect from me:
    • Short and long posts! I don't focus on matching post length, so you might get something from me ranging anywhere between 200 - 800 words. Though I tend to lean more towards shorter posts these days.
    • Moderate to slow replier. Ideally, I like to reply to threads within a week. But recently I've been hovering more around every other week, to one reply a month. I'm trying to do better, but if you rp with me, please feel free to kick me if I'm replying only once a month. If a thread is moving at a pace of one post a month, I'll likely end up dropping it.
    • Group threads. I love group threads, but only if they have no post order and keep moving. If somebody doesn't post for a few days, I personally have no qualms about skipping them to keep things progressing forward.
    • Gradual building of relationships. I like to take time building up relationships. I'm 100% okay with skipping right to basic acquaintances or casual friends, but I like to see anything more meaningful than that build up over time.
    • Threads with direction. I'm not so good with meet and greet threads, unless there's some kind of hook to grab on to.
    • Minimal Planning and Spontaneity. I'm kind of burnt out on plots where every step is pre-planned to the extreme. I highly value spontaneity and surprises. A general framework for a plot is cool, but I like some flexibility in how things actually play out.

LimitsI don't really have any limits! If I'm considering a plot revolving around darker subject matter, I will be more selective about who I run those plots with. But otherwise, just about anything is on the table.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Rani, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Rani

Rani MODgician

Character Plotting Status
    Open | Needs Plots | Closed

9S (physically 15, android, hacker, cutie)
    Noctis Lucis Caelum (20, royalty, withdrawn, magical)​

NOCTIS LUCIS CAELUM

Final Fantasy XV

[​IMG]
    Noctis is the crown prince of Lucis, not that the title holds any meaning for him in Pandora. But he's a young man who has recently lost his kingdom, his father, and is struggling to find his place in the world. That will be even more of a struggle in Pandora, now that his soul purpose for moving forward -- reclaiming his throne -- is now out of reach. He has magical powers that he can extend to others, enhancing their abilities on the field of battle.

Overall, Noctis is a somewhat shy young man who has trouble expressing himself and sharing his worries and insecurities. But he hides it all behind a tough and cool demeanor. He's had few close friends, and has had no love life, though he is currently promised to a childhood friend.

Plotting Details

9S

Nier: Automata

[​IMG]
    9S is an android who is still rather convincingly human when you look at his capacity for emotion and empathy. Despite coming from a series of androids that are ordered to suppress their emotions, 9S is very open about his thoughts and feelings, both the positive and the negative. As a scanner-type model, 9S excels in data gathering, analysis, and hacking. He is programmed with a great degree of curiosity and tends to question everything. Coming from a future where mankind no longer lives on the Earth and where Androids have been at war with the Machines who drove humanity away, he is fascinated by human culture and all of the information on them and their lives that has been lost to history. He was programmed to idolize and protect mankind and holds them in high regard.

Plotting Details

#2 Rani, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Rika and Raphael Santiago like this.
  3. Daniel

Daniel Guest

Daniel and Danny: I could see Daniel learning some from Danny, and also trying to help him out, if you would be up for such an idea.

Daniel and Bart Allen: Given they both have superspeed, they should probably end up meeting, don'tcha think? I mean, they both have the same ability of Superspeed, although Daniel doesn't use the Speed Force, and his discovery of such existing, and subsequent attempts to harness it would be interesting, if you would be up for such an idea.

4. Rani

Rani MODgician

Danny & @Daniel
    What did you have in mind for Daniel learning from Danny? Danny teaching him some martial arts? I could definitely do that sort of thing, though it would be in a more casual way, since Danny isn't really in a good head space at the moment to really focus on taking on dedicated students and stuff like that.

Bart & @Daniel
    I'm always happy to toss Bart at another speedster. There's not too many of them in Pandora at the moment, and just having someone he can speed talk with would make him super happy. :p Daniel won't really be able to learn to harness the speed force without some kind of outside/technological help, since it's a connection speedsters are born with or given through extraordinary circumstances (which likely would never happen in Pandora). But regardless of that, Bart is certainly happy to help him try. If they get really super reckless/dangerous, he could even try and just run Daniel straight into the speed force (which could be very bad for Bart...and potentially Daniel, depending on what his max speeds are).

5. Daniel

Daniel Guest

Can you set up the topic with Bart Allen? Don't worry. We can figure something out about the Speedforce. Alright? As to Danny teaching Daniel it would be more of his acrobatics Daniel needs to learn not so much fighting though he would want some lessons.

6. Sara Lance

Sara Lance Guest

okay i have been meaning to throw some ideas bart's way since the stuff we'd talked about with him and killer frost never worked out way back when SO

@Bart Allen & Sara Lance

sara's actually pretty well acquainted with (her world's version of) barry allen and iris west -- in fact she was at their wedding shortly before being pulled into pandora, so meeting barry's grandson would be vaguely... surreal?? although she is gradually getting used to meeting descendants/ancestors of her friends, being a time traveler and all

ANYWAY i also thought it might be fun to toss them together just 'cause sara's the type who'd generally make an effort to look out for bart. when it comes to kids, she likes to play herself up as the ~cool aunt~ type who doesn't take responsibility too seriously, but like, the second he got into trouble she'd step in to pull him out of it. i know, i know, good luck with that, sara!

but yeah if bart needs any more helpful adult figures in his life, particularly ones acquainted with some version of his relatives, this might be a fun opportunity for that!

7. Riot

Riot Player

Directory:
    link
    @Rani

Howdy! I think @Aloy and @Oerba Yun Fang could possibly form a friendship (or rivalry) seeing as how they're both hunters and warriors who have taken on all sorts of deadly creatures from their respective games? :D

As for how they might meet, I have a few ideas:
    • I'm planting Fang down in Horizon and would love to actually RP her arriving at the settlement for the first time, maybe getting a brief tour of the place. I'm not sure if that's something Aloy would be willing to do, since it's a little bit like babysitting. Not that Fang is anything like a baby.
    • Fang's summon, Bahamut, is a flying guardian that looks sort of like a giant bird/dragon thing with machine-ish components. Aloy might mistake him for a hostile robot and attack him, and Fang has to step in and say "pls stop"?
    • There's always the easy "they hunt the same monster" angle. I'm sure there's at least one beast out there that neither of them can handle alone.
    Anyway, let me know if any of this interests you!

8. Rani

Rani MODgician

Bart & @Sara Lance
    I'd absolutely love to do something with this. Right now in Pandora, but doesn't really have too many influential adult figures in his life. And having somebody he could turn to, and somebody with some sort of connection to his family (even if it's a family from another universe!) would be something he'd low-key appreciate.

Maybe we could do something where she sees this red streak blurring around Pandora and just kind of assumes it's Barry, until they actually manage to meet? Maybe even in the middle of some kind of fight or disaster or something.

Aloy & @Oerba Yun Fang
    Oh man, I would love love love to see these two interact. They're definitely on the same wavelength! So, I'm thinking a mix of your "attack Bahamut" and "hunting the same monster" thing might be a good start. Aloy is unlikely to attack an unknown machine on sight -- not without knowing it might actually be a danger. She knows that not all machines are inherently dangerous, and some might even have an important purpose and shouldn't be disrupted..

BUT I was imagining that maybe she's on a hunt (she's part of a Hunter's Guild type of thing in Pandora), ends up in some kind of bad situation and Fang can swoop in on Bahamut to like snatch her up at the last second or something. And Aloy would absolutely go on the offensive if she doesn't realize what is going on. Could start with some fun tension.

What do you think?

Oerba Yun Fang likes this.
  9. Riot

Riot Player

Directory:
    link
    @Rani

I think that sounds like a wonderfully high-octane way to kick off their meeting!

What's your availability look like this season? Fang arrives in Pandora on Dec. 4th and settles into Horizon on the 10th.

10. Rani

Rani MODgician

Aloy & @Oerba Yun Fang
    I don't have any winter threads for Aloy yet, so any date works for me!

11. Riot

Riot Player

Directory:
    link
    @Rani

Ok! Then I'm thinking sometime in mid-late December? Taking place somewhere in the Arid Lands? It might make more sense for you to start this one, but I can kick it off as well if you like. :D

Rani likes this.
  12. Rani

Rani MODgician

Sounds good to me! I'll add it to my to-do list!

Riot likes this.
  13. Sara Lance

Sara Lance Guest

@Bart Allen & Sara Lance

ooh, i love the idea of sara just kind of assuming he's barry before they meet face to face! bart's in cascade bay, right? so maybe something like a storm endangering some of the residents or some pirates trying to hold a couple of shops up would work well for a setting -- although i imagine bart can get around pandora pretty quickly, so if you'd rather set it somewhere else i'm happy to work with that too! sara has her timeship, so she can be wherever, whenever.

are there any particular dates that do (or don't) work for you?

14. Matt Murdock

Matt Murdock Guest

Matt and @Danny Rand

Heeeey, so...guess who's not dead!

Matt and Danny had a weird relationship in the show, since they basically alternated between friendly and fighting depending on their circumstances. However, given how things went the last time they saw each other, I figured Danny miiiight want to know that Matt survived.

Thankfully, Matt met a healer like a minute or two after he came into Pandora, so that's not an issue! :D

As for what they can do, the natural thing would be to do something fighty, since that's what draws men like that together in the first place. Matt isn't anywhere near being in the headspace for being Daredevil, but that doesn't mean he won't defend himself. Otherwise, they can get together and talk about how weird and tragic life can be.

15. Rani

Rani MODgician

Aloy & @Oerba Yun Fang
    I've got the thread up here! Let me know if you need anything changed!

Bart & @Sara Lance
    Nope, I don't have any winter threads yet, so Bart is almost totally wide open. He'll have something in mid-January, not sure when yet, so let's avoid that time period.

Did you want to get this thread started? A storm in CB sounds great to me!

@Matt Murdock
    I'm sorry, but I actually just dropped Danny! He sadly has been a struggle for me lately, but thanks for your interest! Hopefully you'll get another Danny at some point. :)

16. Sara Lance

Sara Lance Guest

Rani likes this.
  17. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Guest

If @Sakura Kinomoto is possibly going to be in Misty Hollow, then it'd be fun if she and Ami ran into each other at some point, especially if Sakura can sense magic within people. Ami would definitely want to make sure she doesn't run into trouble alone in the woods or around town.

Rani likes this.
  18. Sakura & @Ami Mizuno
    I'd love for Sakura to meet Ami, and she'll be in Misty Hollow for a while, at least. She's too afraid of ghosts and stuff to actually leave the barrier in the middle of town. :p

I could get a thread started for them! Do you have any date preferences? Sakura's only date requirement is it should be like sometime after early-January, since she'll only be arriving in Pandora then.

19. Ami Mizuno

Ami Mizuno Guest

Any date in January should be good for Ami, she's not doing anything then. ^^

20. Sakura & @Ami Mizuno
    Great! I should have the thread up sometime tonight. :)