HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

The Life of Rani

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Rani, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

The Life of Rani

Plot with me!

About MeHey all! I'm Rani and I totally need to interact with and plot with more people around here. :) I'm 30 going on 31 in January, and have two wonderful kitties who I will talk to people about until they get sick of hearing about them. I love video games (especially rpgs), comics, anime, world building, coding, writing (don't we all) and have recently gotten into more tabletop gaming too. I love running big plots and have a lot of grandiose ideas. Though I have a bit more trouble coming up with smaller-scale character-centric plots.

I'm also your Plots & Events coordinator and the Technical Coordinator here on Pandora, which means that I sometimes get so wrapped up in those projects I totally forget to reply to my rp threads for forever.

About My PlotsI like a broad variety of plots. Everything from adventure to mystery to just fluffy silliness. My favorite sorts involve parent-child relationships, horror/spooky, and things revolving around obsession/possession and such. I also adore the more whimsical and weird too.

What you can expect from me:
    • Short and long posts! I don't focus on matching post length, so you might get something from me ranging anywhere between 200 - 800 words. Though I tend to lean more towards shorter posts these days.
    • Moderate to slow replier. Ideally, I like to reply to threads within a week. But recently I've been hovering more around every other week, to one reply a month. I'm trying to do better, but if you rp with me, please feel free to kick me if I'm replying only once a month. If a thread is moving at a pace of one post a month, I'll likely end up dropping it.
    • Group threads. I love group threads, but only if they have no post order and keep moving. If somebody doesn't post for a few days, I personally have no qualms about skipping them to keep things progressing forward.
    • Gradual building of relationships. I like to take time building up relationships. I'm 100% okay with skipping right to basic acquaintances or casual friends, but I like to see anything more meaningful than that build up over time.
    • Threads with direction. I'm not so good with meet and greet threads, unless there's some kind of hook to grab on to.
    • Minimal Planning and Spontaneity. I'm kind of burnt out on plots where every step is pre-planned to the extreme. I highly value spontaneity and surprises. A general framework for a plot is cool, but I like some flexibility in how things actually play out.

LimitsI don't really have any limits! If I'm considering a plot revolving around darker subject matter, I will be more selective about who I run those plots with. But otherwise, just about anything is on the table.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Rani, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Character Plotting Status
    Open | Needs Plots | Closed
    • Aloy (18, hunter, primitive world with advanced tech)
    • Bart Allen (Physically 15, speedster, superhero, Impulse)
    • Danny Rand (25, Martial Artist, Immortal Iron Fist, PTSD)
    • Hiccup Haddock (18, Dragon Trainer, Toothless)

Aloy

Horizon: Zero Dawn

[​IMG]
    Aloy is a powerful woman, unafraid to speak her mind, and incredibly self-sufficient. She's only 18, but she had to learn how to survive on her own in an unforgiving environment and as such is a skilled hunter, warrior, tracker, and all around wilderness survivalist. And though she comes from a primitive society of humans, she is familiar with advanced technology, and is unafraid to look outside the box and discover something new. She is adventurous, curious, and has no qualms about showing someone how much she despises them.

She also has what's essentially a mini computer on her ear that lets her scan the environment, gather information, and do other stuff.

Plotting Details

BART ALLEN

DC Universe

[​IMG]
    Bart is something else, and not someone who is easy to forget. He's a 15-year old (at least physically) superhero called Impulse who is still learning the superhero ropes. He is a speedster, able to surpass the speed of sound. He has no sense of danger or consequences, has a very bad habit of jumping into things without thinking, has no attention span and no patience. Some would probably peg him for having ADHD. However, having grown up in a virtual playground, he is incredibly detached from reality. Bart, alarmingly enough, views the world as another video game; a very boring one.

But Bart is a good kid, knows the difference between right and wrong. He just gets sidetracked very easily, and is hyperactive, excitable and extremely naive. For all the messes he gets into, or how much he can annoy other people, he never intends to. Bart is very genuine in everything he does. The world just looks very different to him than it does to most other people.

Plotting Details

DANNY RAND

Marvel Cinematic Universe

[​IMG]
    Danny Rand has earned the title of Immortal Iron Fist. He's a master martial artist, with some powerful chi manipulation techniques that can greatly enhance his abilities. He can be an optimistic, determined, kind and compassionate guy. He's also very much an overgrown kid.

Danny was raised in a mystical city after he was orphaned in a plane crash, one that only connected with Earth once every 15 years. He's kind of out of touch with people and society and social norms, and is currently relearning a lot of that. He was taught to suppress his emotions all those years, never really learned to process them or deal with the death of his parents, and he currently has a lot of emotional issues thanks to all of that.

In a nutshell, Danny suffers from PTSD, which can greatly impacts his abilities as a martial artist. He has a lot of anger issues, and difficulty controlling himself and even more difficulty in utilizing his abilities effectively when he gets caught up in his anger.

Plotting Details

HICCUP HADDOCK III

How to Train Your Dragon

[​IMG]
    Hiccup is an 18-year old dragon rider,
    inventor, and all around dork with a dry sense of humor. He's a skilled dragon trainer, and he'll be overjoyed to discover all kinds of new species in Pandora. Though none will ever be closer to him than his best friend and partner, Toothless. He's a natural leader with a great deal of patience, and he lacks the stereotypical viking demeanor that many might have expected of someone of his background. Hiccup prefers using his head in place of violence. Toothless, however, has no such qualms (though he'll stay the killing blow on Hiccup's command).

Plotting Details

Raphael Santiago likes this.