HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private The Misplaced Emperor

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Kanji Tatsumi, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    September 1st, Autumn, Year 7
    Misty Hollow
    @Naoto Shirogane

In the foggy streets of Misty Hollow opened a portal of pure darkness and dropped out of it was one Kanji Tatsumi, who hit the ground with a solid thud and afterwards a dull groan of pain. "Damn Shadow....," mumbled him as he slowly stood up and rubbed his head. He took in his new and unknown surroundings as best as he could but the thick fog made it hard and the throbbing pain in his head didn't help. Right away he could see that the area didn't look very Japanese, at least compared to Inaba, and that it had this sorta aura of spookiness.

That, the fog, and the fact a Shadow thing had kidnapped him to this foreign land put his nerves on the edge and almost like a reflex he placed his hand on his chest and said with all of his heart, "Persona!" but the lack of blue Tarot card made it clear to the punkish youth that this town wasn't a piece of the TV World. Letting out a frustrated grunt, he started to stomp along the empty roads in search of either people to talk to or a Shadow to beat it's stupid face into a pulp. Both options were good to Kanij.

2. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Naoto had woken up this morning to discover Rise and Yu gone, and texts to them had proven utterly fruitless. Given the twisting and violate nature of Pandora, their only possible assumption would be that Rise and Yu had been yanked away from them, back to their proper timelines. The idea of it was intensely painful, and it left them wandering the streets of Misty Hollow, almost like a Shadow themselves. For now the Phantom Thieves seemed so far off, miles away from wherever Naoto's emotions have landed them.

They wander quietly down the center of the road, familiarly small, with that trademark hat shielding the world from their emotional turmoil.

3. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    For what looked like a small town, this place sure had plenty of roads to walk on because Kanji had been walking around for awhile and just now he finally say another being as he turned into the next road. The person looked shorter, though most people looked shorter to Kanji, and he could notice a cap as well as their somber stance but otherwise he couldn't get much of a read on them past that considering the distance between him and them. He called out to the unknown person with, "Hey, where the hell am I?! Some portal thing grabbed me and dropped me into this creepy ass town! Is there some monsters I have to beat up or something!?"

Even as he told the person this, he had a solid, stand-your-ground stance and his hands were bunched up into fist. No Persona but no way was he going to go down without a fight if there's more of those portal creatures!

4. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Their head snaps straight up when they process the voice as something familiar, and they don't want to believe, they don't want to throw themselves from one comfort to the next, but upon losing Yu and Rise, they gain Kanji. Or at least, they hope its actually Kanji.
    A pause, they tilt the cap brim up to see better. "... Kanji-kun..?"

5. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Huh?" said Kanji out loud as he heard the voice answer his yelling with a particular question. "No way...." he further proclaimed as he walked closer to the person which allowed him to clearly see that his mind wasn't playing tricks on him and that the holder of said voice was indeed Naoto which caused him to ask "Naoto-kun?! Glad to see I'm not the only one from the team to be taken!" and run to his friend with a big goofy smile on his face. He knew that if anyone could figure out what the hell was going on here, it was Naoto!

Once he got close enough though, another thing popped into his mind. What is Naoto wearing? He didn't dislike it or anything and in fact the suspenders matched with the whole detective look with the cap and the tie. So focused on this topic was he that he immediately blurted out when he got close to her, "What are you wearing? I mean, it suits you," which caused Kanji to blush and go on with, "Suits the whole detective look I mean!" Of course, like always Kanji was the awkward fool but even after that his smile beamed down at his pal.

6. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    They feel their mood improve immensely just with Kanji's adorable reaction and they can't help a soft laugh and a smile at him. Count on Kanji to be himself always, a loved teammate and a good friend. "Its good to see you, Kanji-kun."
    The compliment makes them flush a little, and they giggle lightly. "Thank you for the compliment but your arrival had given us some pressing matters to attend to."
    They look him up and down, biting their lip. "Hazarding a guess, the last thing you remember happening was something in Inaba? I have much to explain then, from several angles... Walk with me?"
    They pray silently that he remains longer, they don't think they can take losing another friend so soon. Its also just plain comforting to have a more familiar face here. Ah, they'd need to tell Kurusu-kun, and the rest of the Thieves. Another ally could only be a boon to the party.

"The world that we're currently in is known as Pandora. Its a box-shaped, finite realm with upwards of several million people currently in it. All enter Pandora like you did, black vines pull you in and you're spit out somewhere else." They adjust their cap back a bit to see his face. "I've been here for approximately... Goodness, almost four months now."

Kanji Tatsumi likes this.
  7. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Giving a nod, Kanji followed behind Naoto liked she asked, thinking about her question. What else would he remember? Well, ok. Their could be a lot to remember but most of them would be Inaba! "Well, of course the last thing I remember was in Inaba. If you want the story, we had seen Yu-senpai off at the train station after showing that goddess asshole what we could do and then I was mostly keeping busy with helping Ma around the shop and all of that crap when I was taken by that portal," he explained to Naoto with some confusion clearly showing in his voice. Even after answering her question, he still didn't get it and her look. Maybe he had a stain on his shirt? Or worse, a hole.

Then she informed him about the new world they were in and in reply he told her, "What?! You've been here for four months!? When did you get taken because I'm pretty sure me or Yu-senpai would have been worried about ya if you just up and got eaten by a Shadow looking thing!" said Kanji boldly and with a bit of worry in his tone. Could he have missed Naoto being gone for four months? No, that couldn't be it. He was sure that he wouldn't do something like that and neither would senpai. But what then? Damnit, not all of this paranormal crap again!

#7 Kanji Tatsumi, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  8. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Ah, no, no, Pandora takes people from... Randomized points in their timeline." They assure gently, patting his arm in comfort. They really must watch where they pause in explanations. "I'm from about six months in your future, then, and I've been misplaced out of that world's timeline in Pandora for four months. It's nothing you or any of the Team would have noticed to my limited knowledge of how Pandora works. You have nothing to fear. I'm sure the Naoto of your timeline is perfectly content."

"As for my clothes..."
    A light smile as they remember. "Rise-san requested we dance backup for her return to the idol stage, but we ended up discovering an off-shoot of the TV World known as The Midnight Stage, where in order to beat Shadows we were required to dance to express emotion. We all did rather well, to my knowledge, as we accomplished our goal in the end. This is simply my outfit for Rise-san's performance."

9. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    So Naoto was never in trouble back home. Him and the others didn't miss one of their closest friends being taken by a unknown force. That's good if a little unneeded to be assured really. Kanji asked gently as he rubbed her shoulder in sign of support, "How have you been here? Timelines or not, you're still the same Naoto-kun and I'm sure you missed everyone," but then added on, "Well, kind of older now I guess.......," and then his face and tone became somewhat surprised as he continued with, "Wait, does that mean you're my senpai now?" and the hand removed itself from her shoulder in order to start the rubbing the back of Kanji's head. All of this would take some time to get used to.

And the idea of fighting Shadows would take even longer. "Everyone danced to beat Shadows because of some TV World crap and it all happened while Rise was holding a return concert?" he listed off to Naoto to see if he really understood the crazy chain of events and then he asked her curiously, ".............Was I a good dancer?"

10. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I've been content enough, I suppose. I discovered some interesting things about some friends of mine that I had the fortune to make here." The factory was... Certainly rather crazy. They're thankful it didn't get too far out of hand, with Kurusu-kun's guidance and the knowledge Futaba-san possessed, coupled with Niijima-san's fighting prowess.
    They laugh aloud at Kanji's suggestion. "Yu-senpai made a similar comment when he arrived! He seemed rather amused by the prospect..." They smile, and then the fond expression drops slightly as they remember that he isn't here any more. They shove the sadness away.
    The next question they dive into with a slight headtilt and a smile. "Yes, that's correct. I personally thought you were a wonderful dancer, Kanji-kun. Your dances were very you, and true to yourself."

11. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Kanji laughed along with Naoto and enjoyed knowing that his best bud was around. "So you have Yu-senpai and all those new guys! Sounds like it's going pretty well for being kidnapped to a big box!" exclaimed Kanji in excitement over the prospect of getting to hang out with Yu-senpai, missing Naoto's tiny shift in mood since she did her best to hide it. He then reacted to the compliment with, "Well, of course it was very me! A real man doesn't dance half assed damnit!" and he almost immediately regretted saying the first thing that came to his lips. Like usual. That's why he quickly moved on from embarrassment with, "B-by the way, where you do stay in Pandora?"

Naoto Shirogane likes this.
  12. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Naoto giggles again at Kanji's mild antics. It sure is lovely to have a friend here again, even if the time between the lost of Yu-senpai and Rise-san and the arrival of Kanji-kun was so small. "I stay in this town. Its known by the locals as Misty Hollow, amusingly an apt name, given the paranormal feel of the place..." They hesitate, then tilt their cap down slightly, seeming unhappy. "Yu-senpai and Rise-san were with me briefly, for about a month. I woke up less than an hour ago to find them no longer here. My only guess is that Pandora has replaced them where she took them from. The house still has their things scattered around..."

13. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Kanji frowned at the reveal. Second time his bud went away.....but then he pounded his fist right into his left palm and said resolutely, "Well, I'm here now Naoto-kun so you aren't alone. Asides, if they can be taken out of Pandora, they can be put back in it too! Might take awhile or hell, might never happen but we won't forget them and we'll be ready for when it happens. So let's make the most out of our time here until we get returned home!" and by the end Kanji had a fierce grin on, like he was determined to not be upset by this. He had cried once over this. A second time wasn't needed.

14. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Oh, God, it's impossible to be unhappy with Kanji making such an effort. They find the smile they produce in response isn't as forced, which is a great comfort and a lift of weight off their shoulders. "You're absolutely correct, Kanji-kun, and after all, I do have the Wheel of Fortune as my Arcana. One can only think it will grant us further luck with Pandora's finicky nature."
    They take his wrist now, allowing themselves to be eager. "Come, come I'll show you my house."

15. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Kanji pumped his fist up, telling Naoto, "Yeah! Make the most of what we're handed. Hell, that's what we did during the case. All those twist and turns didn't stop-," but he was interrupted by Naoto's grip on his wrist, not having expected the action nor really knowing how to react to it. "Oh, ok. Lead the way," he commented as he allowed his close friend to lead him to her humble abode.