HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered the Mist ???

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Percy Jackson, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Percy Jackson

Percy Jackson Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Race:
    demigod
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    In Percy Jackson canon there is a supernatural force that disguises non mortal things ( like monsters, weapons, battles, etc ) that are in canon "incomprehensible" to mortals. Like how we wouldn't look at a vampire and be like "oh ya that's definitely a vampire cause vampires are totally real" --- it changes what mortals "can't comprehend" into something they can. A good example in canon is it changes Percy's sword to look like a baseball bat or Mrs. O'Leary ( his hellhound who's the size of a bus ) appears as a smaller poodle. I just want to ask whether or not it would exist in Pandora because the Mist itself is tied to that which is not mortal, not their world itself ( which the wiki falsely contradicts. Hecate more directs the power she doesn't create it ). It literally just acts to change perceptions of what is in front of you or block certain memories ( "the Mist cannot only distort vision, but also creates false memories and suppresses real ones" ). It does not hide everything because mortals can perceive some stuff ( like a satyrs horns ) but it is active around demigods.

Percy within canon has minimal control over the mist ( could make you see maybe a stick instead of a baseball bat ) but his control over it is slim. I just wanted to know because it does react to him without his own conscious thought and so it might play simple tricks on people ( one example being his self imposed storms or traveling a larger distance faster then probable ).

Due to the fact the Mist is it's own power ( only Hecate can truly control it ) it tends to act on its own. Also, due to the fact it's generated in a way by the not mortal thing I would imagine the Mist itself is minimal specifically around the demigods themselves but more prevalent around Percy or other Big Three kids ( or Hazel if we ever get a Hazel ) due to their ridiculous nature ( thanks @ Zeus Poseidon and Hades ) so it more or less would only affect people in their vicinity to a lesser degree then in canon.

Thanks in advance! I can explain more if needed....

2. Librus

Librus Moderator
    Community Relations Division

Hello Joltik! We looked into your question and discussed it and have decided that the mist doesn't really fit in Pandora. Pandora has always been very open with the magic and strangeness of the world and the mist, as self-conscious force that weaves the mist around normal mortals to blind them from the truth, just doesn't fit in the world as it has been played. That being said, children of Hecate and legacies of Hecate (such as Hazel) will still be allowed to bring it in with them but only to do their magic as it is essential to how their magic works.

I'm very sorry we couldn't allow the mist otherwise and I hope this doesn't reduce the excitement for your character. We just don't want to over complicate things by adding a new magical element with a global effect to the world that wasn't there before.

3. Percy Jackson

Percy Jackson Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Race:
    demigod
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    nah youre fine. 'tis why I asked. thank you for a quick reply tho <33

Librus likes this.
  4. Librus

Librus Moderator
    Community Relations Division

It was my pleasure. I'm glad we could help ^^