By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

The Recast Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jiggy, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Jiggy

Jiggy Player

So the Concept is simple; Jiggy is insane. When I get bored, I mentally recast movies in my head,and write them down in my phone, It kills time between waiting for buses and killing the end of the workday when I'm done everything I need to.

I've been doing this for three years, so I thought this would be of mild interest and even a game. Take a film from the past (or even a book/video game/ect), reboot and recast them with roles from current actors you'd think would be awesome so without further ado here's my ghostbusters.

[​IMG]
    Ghostbusters

Peter Venkman - Jason Sudekis
    Ray Stantz - Paul Rudd
    Egon Spangler - Bill Hader
    Winston Zeddemore - Jay Pharoah
    Dana Barrett - Olivia Wilde
    Louis Tully - Jonah Hill
    Janine Melnitz - Vanessa Bayer
    Walter Peck - Will Arnett
    Mayor Lenny - Jeffery Tambor
    Slimer - Seth Rogen

Jen likes this.
  2. Jiggy

Jiggy Player

[​IMG]
    THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY

Luke Skywalker - Dane Dehaan
    [​IMG]

Han Solo - Taylor Kitsch
    [​IMG]

Princess Leia - Carey Mulligan
    [​IMG]

Obi Wan Kenobi - Anthony Head
    [​IMG]

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
    [​IMG]

Grand Moff Tarkin - Jude Law
    [​IMG]

C3PO - Doug Jones
    [​IMG]

Chewbaca - Jason Segel (+ motion capture CGI)
    [​IMG]

Wedge Antilles - David Tennant
    [​IMG]

Biggs Darklighter - Jason Behr
    [​IMG]

General Vanden Willard - Michael Caine
    [​IMG]

Lando Calrissian - Michael Jai White
    [​IMG]

Yoda - Frank Oz (Voice)
    [​IMG]

Emperor Palpatine - Bill Nighy
    [​IMG]

Mon Mothma - Tilda Swinton
    [​IMG]

Boba Fett - Karl Urban

[​IMG]

Jen likes this.
  3. Jiggy

Jiggy Player

[​IMG]
    ..In which I attempt to fix one of the most miscast movies of all time based on one of the most beloved Sci-Fi books of all time..

Arthur Dent - Simon Pegg (although I will say that Martin Freeman is the only member of the original cast I'd keep on if necessary)

[​IMG]

Ford Prefect - Sacha Baron Cohen
    [​IMG]

Trillian - Rose Byrne

[​IMG]

Zaphod Beeblebrox - Russell Brand

[​IMG]

Slartibartfast - Ian McKellen
    [​IMG]

Marvin The Paranoid Android (Voice) - Dylan Moran

4. Emma Swan

Emma Swan Once Upon a Time

Head Of The Detective Division
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Bruce Wayne/Batman - Played by Jon Hamm
    Alfred Pennyworth - Played by Malcolm McDowell
    Jim Gordon - Played by Damian Lewis
    Lucius Fox - Played by Giancarlo Esposito
    The Joker - Played by Tim Cummings
    Harlene Quinzell/Harley Quinn - Played by Kristen Bell
    Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow - Played by Michael Pitt
    Barbara Gordon/Oracle - Played by Karen Gillan
    Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Played by Natalie Dormer
    Thomas Wayne - Played by Frank Grillo
    Aaron Cash - Played by Chad Coleman
    Vicki Vale - Played by Katie McGrath
    Tim Drake/Robin - Played by Callan McAuliffe
    Talia Al Ghul - Played by Ivana Milicevic -
    Ra's Al Ghul-- Played by William Fichtner
    Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter - Played by Seth Gabel -
    Hugo Strange - Played by Bryan Cranston -
    Jason Todd/Red Hood - Played by Will Denton
    Victor Fries/Mr Freeze - Played by Mark Rolston
    Bane - Played by Matthew Willig -
    Lex Luthor - Played by Michael C Hall
    Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin - Played by Mark Sheppard
    Harvey Dent/Two-Face - Played by Mike Vogel/Max Thierot
    Pamela Isley - Played by Yvonne Strahovski

5. Jiggy

Jiggy Player

Yep, bringing this back

As we all know, The Batman is coming out in 2021 and Ben Affleck has just stepped down, and I'm way too excited for that movie so; Fuck it man, I'm fan casting. I don't care how lame that might be.

[​IMG]
    Batman/Bruce Wayne - Robert Pattinson

It's been said that Pattinson is the front runner for the role and if all you are familiar with are his stints in Twilight and Harry Potter, you might groan at the notion of this, which is a shame because over the past 5 or 6 years he's been one of the hardest working and most underrated actors today. I'll remind you that pre-Batman, Michael Keaton was primarily known for comedies and I'm sure everyone remembers the doubt that people had over Heath Ledger as the Joker. Don't sleep on Robert Pattinson because he starred in some questionable roles early in his career while he was trying to get his foot in the door. Check out "Good Time", "Cosmopolis", "Water For Elephants" "The Lost City of Z", "The Childhood Of A Leader" and "Life."

[​IMG]
    Harvey Dent/Two-Face - Ryan Gosling

A Batman film is only as good as it's villain and there seems to be an unspoken rule that whoever plays the villain has more star power and acting prowess than the man playing Batman. As good as The Dark Knight was, the portrayal of Two-Face was a miss, in the sense that he only served as a plot device for the Joker's chaos campaign. It was a great angle concocted by Nolan himself but it left little room for Two-Face to shine after he turned heel. I know Goslinng is a favourite for many to play Batman, but I personally find it hard to see Gosling transition to Affleck's Batman, given this is still set in the DCEU. I'm only now getting over Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard in the Marvel movies. Ryan Gosling is one of the top 10 actors of our generation and he certainly has the chops to steal the show here.

[​IMG]
    The Ventriloquist - Bill Murray

The films secondary villain, and one that has yet to be utilized in any of the 10 live action films. Another heavy hitter in terms of star power and acting ability yet one that won't steal the show from the films primary antagonist. Believe it or not, Bill Murray was actually set to play Batman before Michael Keaton was cast, so this would be a neat little "full circle" moment.

[​IMG]
    Robin/Dick Grayson - Timothy Chalamet

An extremely talented actor that has shined in movies like Beautiful Boy, Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name. The 10 year age game between him and Pattinson is perfect, as the first Robin comes along only a couple years into Batman's crime fighting career. Not only is he a tremendous actor, he has the boyish youth and slim athletic build of the original Robin/future Nightwing.

[​IMG]
    Alfred Pennyworth - Richard E. Grant

Richard E.Grant is probably one of the most underrated actors I can think of. I've been a fan of his ever since seeing him in 1989's "How to get ahead in Advertising" which is a favorite of mine to this day. He's recently received his first ever Oscar nomination for the film "Can You Ever Forgive Me" but you may remember him as the villain in Logan.

[​IMG]
    Commissioner Jim Gordon - Michael Shannon

A marvel at every role he lands on, Michael Shannon is the perfect candidate to play Jim Gordon, a good cop at the end of his rope trying to do whats right and be a beacon of light in a city consumed by darkness. Gary Oldman's shoes won't be easy to fill, and even the great JK Simmons didn't quite hit the mark, but I've got all the confidence in the world that Shannon would be own the role like no one else.

[​IMG]
    Lucious Fox - Jeffrey Wright

I would pay a buttload of money to see this. A role previously held by Morgan Freeman is going to take some finesse but if you've seen Westworld you know that Jeffrey Wright has that shit on lock.

[​IMG]
    Barbara Gordon - Sophia Lillis

Maybe not as Batgirl, just yet, but as a romantic interest to Dick Grayson. I think Batman is at his best when there isn't a love interest involved, and the Dick/Barbara dynamic should more than make up for lack of a love story in the way of Bruce and whoever. Sophia Lillis was a delight in the movie "IT" and she would knock it out of the park as Barbara, the future Batgirl.

[​IMG]
    Michael Madsen - Detective Harvey Bullock

Bullock is a man who walks a thin line. Like Gordon, he is a good man in a world full of very bad men. Unlike Gordon, he isn't above getting his hands dirty and going off the books. Michael Madsen as Bullock just checks all of my fucking boxes, I want this so bad.

[​IMG]
    Melissa Fumero - Officer Rene Montoya

Small role here. We know that Rosie Perez will play Detective Rene Montoya in Birds of Prey, so whoever plays her in this film needs to be about 15-20 years younger than Perez. In the current DCEU, Montoya is a seasoned Detective, but in this film we'd see her as a young street cop who idolizes Jim Gordon. Fumero already plays a cop on Brooklyn 99, but this would be a chance to let her show us what she can really do with a serious role, even if it's in a limited capacity.

[​IMG]
    Joaquin Phoenix - The First Joker (Flashback Cameo)

Just a flashback here, but an important piece that will bridge the upcoming Todd Phillips helmed Joker movie to DCEU. In the comics, there have been 3 different Jokers. We know that Phoenix's joker is set in 70's and the character he plays is not the same character that Jared Leto plays in the DCEU.

[​IMG]
    Eamon Farren - The Second Joker (Cameo, previously played by Jared Leto)

A small role, maybe even limited to a cameo, but Eamon Farren (Twin Peaks: The Return) as a mentally unstable young man who, inspired by the previous Joker, takes up the mantle of the Clown Prince of Crime just ticks all of my buttons.

[​IMG]
    Christian Bale and Rachel Gylenhaal - Thomas and Martha Wayne (Flashback cameo)

Another flashback cameo here and maybe this is just fan service but fuck it, I want this.