By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private The Recipe Of Life

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Cilan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    June 10th 108 @Cole

Whether Cilan liked it or not, he was going to be stuck here for some time so he explored the streets in order find somewhere to live while this mess was sorted out. His heart was heavy not only because he would most likely miss the fishing competition but he was cut off from his brothers. They must be worried sick by how. Especially Chili who would probably be on the verge of doing something reckless in order to find him.

With no way of knowing, the Connoisseur continued to to take in his surroundings. He had seen a fairly modest looking apartment advertised in the main parts of the city and had come to Tavoie Borough to get an idea of the area. He couldn't to be choosy but at the same time he had the right to know that he would be safe under his roof.

While lost in thought, Cilan was sure he saw someone nearby. With his Pokemon tucked away safely in their Pokeballs, he could only hope that whoever this was wouldn't prove hostile for if they were then the deal was off.

"Is someone there?" Cilan called out cautiously while hoping that if this person meant him harm that they wouldn't be stupid enough to strike in broad daylight.

2. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Standing in a fairly dark corner (or lurking, as Jospehine had called it), Cole saw the man with the green hair enter the area, looking at the small apartment block he had been housed in not to long ago. He was lost, lonely, missing someone. So was everyone else, trapped, tormented, no way out. The shelter had helped, him and others too. He didn't know how to live alone in a world like this, or even where he had come from. Especially now that he needed somewhere safe to sleep, to eat and money to afford. The tea room he worked in wasn't so bad, and the owner was kind. He knew what kind of tea made people feel better, looser, more relaxed. It was all so new, so different and perhaps even a little overwhelming. He could understand how others felt, now that he was feeling more for himself. When did it stop hurting?

Cole's eyes widened as the green haired man knew he was there. Once, he would have been unnoticed, invisible, but not now. It scared him.

"Yes", he answered from his place within the shadows. The man was wouldn't hurt him if he didn't try to hurt him. Why would he? While it was too loud to hear thoughts and hurts, he knew that he was no threat. He'd simply made him uneasy. "I'm no danger to you, tiny, no trouble unless I need to", he assured him further, stepping out from the corner he had spent most of the day in simply people watching (there was no work today). Of course, he wasn't literally tiny, simply trying to convey just how little harm he meant.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TAG: @Cilan

3. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Although Cilan was slightly taken aback by the young man's appearance and speech patterns, he stood his ground Tiny? No trouble unless he needed to be? Right now, none of that mattered. It was hard to see the young man's face for his incredibly large hat (maybe he was shy and simply didn't want people to see his face?) so Cilan instead studied his body language and could tell that the man was incredibly uneasy. The biggest clue being the fact that he seemed to believe that he had been seen as a threat.

Cilan continued to look a little puzzled for a moment as he tried to make sense of the man before smiling warmly and getting back to what he does best.

"Actually, you seem a little overwhelmed." Cilan began in a friendly but slightly concerned tone. "Is there something I can help you with?"

The man would probably tell the Connoisseur that it was none of his business or concern but if that was the worst that could happen then there was nothing spoiling.

4. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yes, that was the usual reaction when he made an appearance. They didn't understand and, to be frank, neither did he. He could sense that the other was weary, cautious, and yet it seemed as though he felt the same of him, like looking in a mirror. It wasn't as loud here as some of the busier parts of the city, but thoughts were still harder to hear when his own got loud.

He wanted to help. He had noticed that a lot since he had arrived in Pandora. He wanted to help, and yet many people thought he needed help. Maybe they weren't wrong, but attention on himself was taking some getting used to. Not everyone cared of course, but the green haired man did. Or maybe he was trying to find out just why he was apparently stalking him. He hadn't been, just standing, listening but not hearing. The hair was very bright though.

"Overwhelmed? Yes, it's loud here, full, busy."
    , he answered, folding his arms as he did so. "Hearing is harder when words and thoughts drown, mix together until nothing makes sense." He then looked down at his feet, hat hiding most of his features as he mulled over, trying to make sense of his feelings and emotions. They were louder now too. Being a real person was hard, painful even. He liked to learn though, learn and grow, so it wasn't all that bad. Just difficult.

"I should go somewhere quieter", he reasoned more or less to himself, almost forgetting about the other man he had been speaking with. He then remembered his presence and glanced up slightly in his direction. "I can't help if I can't hear, too loud, too much."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    The man expressed his feelings in a manner that Cilan could quite easily relate to. It certainly wasn't easy to hear yourself think in a crowd. Especially when thinking at all seemed to hurt this person.There didn't seem to be too many people here at the moment but that easily change. After all everyone had their daily business to attend to.

However, the Connoisseur couldn't help but wonder if there was more to it than that. But what could it be? With a somewhat focused expression It took a short pause in order to study the mans body language before Cilan finally nodded to himself and smiled.

"If it's somewhere quiet you need then i think I might know just the place." Cilan offered calmly as he took a step towards the young man (Taking care not to enter his personal space and make him uncomfortable). "In fact, I could even take you there myself. If that's what you want that is."

6. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The silence after he had finished speaking was telling. That was alright though. Not many could make sense of what he was saying sometimes. Maybe he should try and talk like a real person, but people had different ways of speaking. Solas was calm, Sera loud and Varric talked in pictures. It had never bothered him before, but now that he knew why he sometimes upset or confused people with his speech, it was harder not to.

The green haired man approached calmly, concerned and unafraid. He said he knew somewhere quieter, somewhere to think, to hear. That was a good idea.

"Yes, I should.", he agreed, taking a calming breath as he did so. Why was it so hard to stay calm, to relax, release? Was it this world or was it him. He was different, had been since he let the Templar go. Even though he tried to kill him back, the crossbow jammed. Even had it fired, he wouldn't have felt any better. Varric helped him to realise this, taught him that it was okay to remember. Only time could stop it hurting, but the right words helped, like a bandage, dulling the pain, covering the wound until it healed.

He wanted him to go with him? Cole cocked his head as he turned in the direction of of the young man before him. No one had wanted him to go anywhere since The Herald had asked him to accompany them to Val Royeaux. They had talked, eased his mind and taught him that he could be excited for the future. He had gotten so lost in his own melancholy lately, especially upon leaving his friends and the world he was just barely getting to know behind, that he had forgotten.

"I think I would like that", he affirmed thoughtfully, though with a hint of uncertainty. He didn't know this man, yet he was kind, caring, compassionate. He wanted to help, and maybe when it was quieter, when he could hear, he could help him back. After all, he was the one supposed to he helping.

7. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "Great!" Cilan exclaimed in an enthusiastic manner. Though in spite of his best efforts, the young man still seemed a little nervous. This was fair enough considering that they had just met not to mention that it was usually a bad idea to wander off with strangers. That little rule didn't just apply to children but it was something that most people were taught at a young age and with good reason. Unfortunately Cilans companion would only have his word to take for it should he tell him that he was safe to travel with. Especially if he declined to mention certain goings on including but not limited to stealing a powerboat and yelling at Iris when she protested. People sure did some funny things when adrenaline got the better of them.

None of this had anything to do with the current situation so Cilan brought himself back to reality and turned to face his new traveling partner.
    "There's a pub not to far from here." The Connoisseur continued as he scanned the area in order to get his bearings. "It's not the sort of place I usually go but I hear It's rather quiet at this time of day so if we find a nice, cozy corner then you can tell me what's troubling you if you like. By the way, I'm Cilan! What's your name."

Cilan gave a polite bow as he introduced himself having decided that the young man might feel more comforable if they knew each others names.

8. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    He seemed pleased at least, momentarily startling the spirit turned human. Though the likes of Varric and The Herald (and Solas, before he disappeared) made a point of finding him, talking to him as if he mattered, he had never met anyone quite so enthusiastic to want to spend time with him. Maybe when it was quieter, he would understand more, but he already knew that there were many different kinds of people and personalities. That was what made it so hard to know what was right, how a real person should be. Varric said to be himself, but he had yet to figure out what that meant. Not when the real him was fading, slipping away into humanity. It was all very confusing.

A...pub? Ah yes, a tavern, or close enough, a place were people met and drank and laughed. Sometimes too much meeting and drinking, minds clouded, inebriated, reality twisting, distorting around them. That was why he had hidden the daggers. People didn't think right and they would be sad when they remembered. They weren't bad places, in fact the tavern had been his favourite place in Skyhold, but upstairs, shaded by shadow where he could watch and listen.

That seemed to be what the green haired man had in mind, though he admitted he didn't frequent such places. He had heard people talking of finding somewhere 'cozy', but usually they had something different in mind, touching, tangling, bodies pressed together. It didn't mean the same this time though. That much he knew at least. The man just wanted to help.

Cilan, the man introduced himself, a small bow as he did so, polite, respectful, all for him. Now that he was more focused, he realised he was like this with most people he met for the first time. He wished everyone could show each other such reverence, but most were more interested in what they could gain.

"I'm Cole", he introduced himself, answering the question that was asked of him. He felt like he could focus better now, but that was perhaps because he was speaking with someone, someone kind who made him feel not so loud.

"You want me to go with you", he spoke thoughtfully, feeling like he should get back to his earlier statement. He didn't know about talking, but he wasn't completely against the idea. Still, he was a stranger and maybe wouldn't understand anyway.

"I will go where you go", he affirmed, sure that he meant no harm. He had his daggers if he was wrong. He didn't think he was.

9. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "It's a pleasure to meet you Cole!" Cilan enthused with a smile. Really it was quite sad how such polite gestures were hard to take for granted. Some appreciated them while others simply thought he was being weird. Pity really but such was life and the Connoisseur could only deal with it and move on.

Cole however seemed to be of the former group but something was still clearly bothering the young man. Cilan had at least earned his trust which was a good start so it was simply a case of remembering where exactly the pub was from here. He had a faint idea after getting his bearing so took a few steps forward before looking round towards Cole with a reassuring look in his eyes.

"This way!" Cilan began warmly. "Stay close, I wouldn't want to lose you before we get there and if anyone comes too close, let me do the talking and I'm sure we'll be just fine."

10. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Not many would call it a pleasure to meet the likes of him, but then no one on this world really knew what he was, how dangerous he could be. Then again, he wasn't all that sure what he was right now either, feeling closer to human than he had been before. The last time he thought he was human, the time when he forgot, he killed people because it made him feel alive, invisible to all those who didn't need him, the him he should have been. He had forgotten that there were other ways to help. That was no excuse.

Right now though, this man, Cilan, was being kind, and he wasn't going to stop him. Why should he? The world, any world, needed more kindness, those who cared and showed compassion. Compassion...he had been a Spirit of Compassion once, before he made himself real. Still, his eyes were kind, reassuring, affirming, even though his movements and speech were wild and frantic. In some ways that reminded him of Sera. They were both loud.

Following, him, the two didn't have to walk far before coming to a building that wouldn't have stood out from it's surrounding had it not been for the sign that read nonsense words, but then most Taverns did. Why couldn't they just say what they were? That would have been easier.

Inside was pretty much what one would expect from a quintessentially english public house, the smell of liqueur hanging in the air, strong but not overpowering. Later, it would be louder, but it was too early right now. There were a few people who didn't know (or maybe didn't care), but of the few people present, it seemed as though most were there for the food. That explained the other lingering aroma, but Cole didn't yet recognise what beyond just food.

Whatever the case, he spotted a table near the back, two chairs sitting slightly askew and recently abandoned, two large glasses containing little more than a frothy coating. It would do. He sat down, looking toward Cilan once he had. Now what?

11. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Upon finally reaching their destination Cole appeared to pick up the pace which surprised Cilan a little at first but he soon cast this to one side. His friend knew where he wanted to sit so the Connoisseur happily complied. Cole had gotten quiet as they approached, was something on his mind? It sure looked that way but he couldn't be certain. Either way it was time to break the silence.

"Here we are!" Cilan exclaimed with a broad grin. "There's just one thing left to take care of and then we're perfect!"

Cilan then leaned forward and proceeded to pick up,the two glasses. Anyone with manners would have returned them to the bar but for all he knew, the people using the table had probably left in a hurry. That could happen but at least they got to finish first. As he made his way to the bar, Cilan looked round towards Cole.

"Will you be alright while I take these to back to the bar?" Cilan asked cheerfully. "Can I get you anything while I'm over there?"

It was only polie to ask and Cilan knew that he had to keep up his brave and casual front for one day someone might be counting on him to keep a cool head and that was assuming that Cole wasn't already.

12. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Though he had gone from follower to leader, it appeared that he hadn't lost Cilan. Not that he wanted to. Not many people wanted to spend time with, even the few he knew. He watched as he removed the glasses with rather a lot of enthusiasm, bright, fresh, like the sun on a spring day, warm but not too hot. He knew people and pokemon (he had heard of those roaming fairly recently) and food. Yes, he thought a lot of ingredients, a recipe to follow to make the perfect dish. He didn't just mean food. Oh well, at least it was quiet enough to hear, but he as he moved further way, he glanced around from under the brim of his hat, remembering that people had looked when he came in. They weren't looking now, but he worried that he would never get used to being seen, being real.

Did he want anything from the bar? Yes, he had to eat now, drink too. He didn't want what they sold in taverns though, dark, bitter, morphing memories and changing what was real to escape the pain. He didn't want that. They felt worse when the alcohol wasn't there.

"Water...please", he remembered his manners after a short pause. Yes, water. It would quench his thirst and shouldn't cost anything, or at least not much. He didn't want his new acquaintance to be out of pocket, mourning for money. He might need it later.

He waited for him to come, glancing up once again when he thought he could hear.

"They can see me now..." he spoke quietly referring to the one or two that did glance in his general direction every now and again. Probably because he wasn't dressed like everyone else, with his ragged clothes and oversized hat, but then they were probably used to many types of people by then. "It wasn't always like that", he observed wistfully.

#12 Cole, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  13. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Not only did most pubs serve water if someone asked but they usually did so for free. Trouble was that even though Cilans brother Cress was a good judge of it's quality, plain water on it's own wasn't all that exciting in spite of the fact that it was necessary for all life in order to function.

Cilan was more than happy to oblige however but before he could leave for the bar, Cole had something else to say. They can see him? It wasn't always like that? The Connoisseur had know idea what his companion was talking about but that made him all the more curious. Like the recipe for a new dish that he was yet to learn. There was still some insecurity so Cilan smiled at Cole in a sympathetic and reassuring manner.

"If people are staring at you then that means, they have nothing better to do and don't deserve your attention." Cilan began quietly with an indignant expression. "I know it's not easy but the best thing you can do is ignore them. Try to pretend they're not there?" He suggested. There was nothing worse than the feeling that someone (Or indeed something) was watching you under normal circumstances but Cole was Particularly unnerved which made the Connoisseur wonder if he should even be left on his own. It sure was a worry but it wasn't his way to mollycoddle so instead he thought about it for a moment before deciding to continue with the original plan.

"I have and idea!" Cilan beamed. Why don't you do me a favour and keep the table while I see to things at the bar. It's just over there so any trouble and I'll come back. Are you sure you're going to be alright? On you own for a moment?"

14. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    He hadn't meant to insinuate that people were outright staring. At least, not that he had seen, but it wasn't like him to miss details, the tiny things that mattered. But he was right. That didn't. Still, he seemed very protective all of a sudden, and he glanced up, reminded of Varric or The Iron Bull when they thought he was falling, flailing. They had different ways of being kind (even if The Iron Bull didn't like demons such as himself). He didn't know how to pretend people weren't there. Maybe he should ask? Later...

"I meant that I used to be hidden, unseen, invisible. I'm not any more. Sometimes it's hard. Varric, my friend, helped, but he isn't here." Maybe that was better? He didn't always say things right, or at least in way that people understood. Whatever the case, he was reminded of the new friends he had made after losing Rhys. He'd lost them now too. Maybe he could make new friends here too, but what if they too disappeared? Or, he did?

"I'll be here", he assured Cilan after asking if he would be alright if he went to the bar. He wouldn't go anywhere unless he had to. For now, it mattered that he mattered to Cilan, and he spoke again as the other was presumably leaving.

"I'm no one to you, but you cared, called me in from the cold. Thank you" Yes, there were good people in this world, the ones that cared, remembered that others mattered. Like Yukika, the girl who had found him in the cemetery and led him to the shelter. The people there had taught him to be live, made sure he had a home and job to earn money. He wasn't naive enough to think that everyone here was kind though. Sooner or later, he would meet the others. If he had to, he would kill them. Only if he really had to though.

15. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Cilan couldn't be too sure but Cole appeared to feel guilty for his previous words Now if only the Connoisseur himself had the same amount of shame. He too would often say things that didn't make sense to others. Especially if you got him onto one of his favourite subjects, then he would start using jargon and other technical terms that would leave others feeling completely lost. This was also true of his Pokemon Connoisseur profession. Not that any of it mattered right now.

Giving a nod, Cilan started to walk away when Cole spoke again. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to hear that or not but it sure was a shame that kindness could never be taken for granted. It wasn't that hard to care but unfortunately, There were those who would simply lead others astray and even bring them harm Instead.

"It's my pleasure!" Cilan exclaimed with a slight bow as if he had known Cole all his life before finally leaving the bar and tending to business. There was a slight queue so it would be a short while yet so the green haired man kept one eye on his friend the whole time.

16. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    As he left, Cole's eyes followed after Cilan, watching as he waited in the small queue that had formed. Even if he waited in turn, he wouldn't be long, if they had what he wanted. There was always water here, at least in this part of Pandopolis. He didn't see any reason that this building would be different. Not everyone just wanted water though.

He had promised to wait, and that was what he would do. Even though it wasn't like this with The Herald in Val Royeaux. They ordered and they came, served. He'd never ordered or been ordered for in a tavern (or pub, as Cilan had called it), but he spent enough time in the one at Skyhold to know how they worked. Even though he watched from above, up the stairs and out of the way. He used to listen for the hurting, the haunting and the helpless and make it better. It was harder now he could be seen and remembered, but still he tried. They didn't always like it, at least not right away. This world was different too. Yes, best to wait, patient, passive, no trouble. He wished Varric was here. He wasn't human, but he helped him understand more.

A woman approached the table as he waited, clean damp cloth in hand, eyes heavy and hands sore from a long shift. She didn't want to go home and face her, not after what she had done. She didn't know, a ghost of a smile as she briefly looked at him and began cleaning the table.

"You should tell her", he blurted out after a pause, causing her to start a little before quickly regaining her composure.

"Who? What?" She asked, calm but curious, or maybe she was afraid. That was usual. People were always afraid of what they didn't understand.

"She'll be angry, but then she'll forgive you because she loves you", he then added, to which a small frown formed on her pale features and she quickly finished up and made her way to the a newly vacant table close by. She had acted afraid but she was thinking now. She would work it out.

"Better...probably", he spoke to himself, or perhaps to his new friend if he approached again at that moment. Yes, it was good when it was quiet and he could hear, heal, help. Even though people remembered now, it was still good if it worked, if he said it right the first time. He only had one time now.

17. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    The queue wasn't that bad so Cilan didn't have to wait long in order to get served. There were two people tending the bar so that helped a great deal too. It was only a few more moments before the Connoisseur had paid up and was finally ready to return to his new friend.

There were a few people talking and even snickering at what he was wearing but Cilan remembered his words to Cole and took little notice. After all, if he hadn't been laughed back out of the pub when he had first entered then surely he had nothing to worry about. Still though, he couldn't help but wonder why it even mattered what anyone wore when back at home nobody would have batted an eyelid. Unless one was naked obviously, that would change the flavour of the atmosphere.

Moving on, Cilan didn't even look at any of his 'Critics' as he headed back towards their table, looking on curiously as Cole appeared to say something to the third member of staff after which she moved on in quite a hurry. He could only hope that whatever had been said wasn't rude as he returned to their table

"Is everything alright?" Cilan asked with a curious smile as he placed a glass of water infront of Cole before sitting back down with a red wine. He was a Connoisseur after all so really it couldn't have been anything else. So long as he remembered his limits then there was no harm in indulging every now and again. Right?

18. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Turning his attention back to his new friend, he noticed that some seemed to be making fun of his attire. Cole didn't see anything wrong with how he was dressed, shallow, spiteful, nothing better to do than mock the different, discriminate the weak. Cilan wasn't weak though. He didn't seem to hear, words bouncing off the armour he had made himself. He didn't mind being different. He shouldn't mind. People just didn't understand if something wasn't like them.

Upon returning, it was Cilan who asked him if everyone was alright. Yes, he had seen hadn't he? He was watching instead of giving in to hurt, oblivious.

"Yes, or it will be", he answered while watching her continue to work, a new found determination welling up inside of her. "She was worried about the dress she had ruined, that her girlfriend would leave her because it was important. It was bouncing around inside of her, a pearl of pain, tightening, suffocating. She'll tell her after work, because she knows that what I told her was right. She just needed someone else to say it. The knot is still there, but it's looser now. She'll work it out." Yes, he was quite sure of that, he thought but...

"She was afraid that I knew. Before I was real she would have forgotten I was ever there, but now she keeps looking. It helped, but it didn't wipe clean. Maybe a real person would have done it different, but I'm not used to being real. It's very hard, but I'm trying. I want to learn", he finished. Most people maybe wouldn't have shared quite so much with a virtual stranger, but Cole didn't see the barriers that stopped from expressing. Whatever the case, he was reminded of just how he was so different now. He wanted to learn and grow. He didn't before. He just wanted to help and remember the one he couldn't. Cilan was different too, but at least he knew how to be human. He just did it different.

19. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Cole sure said some funny things but Cilan was probably the wrong one to talk. How many food related puns would he have tried to squeeze in there? More importantly how did Cole even know what was troubling the woman? And what did he mean by not real? He looked and sounded human so where was the problem?

Taking a sip of his wine, the Connoisseur couldn't but study Coles facial expression and body language. He seemed insecure. Like he was hiding a secret recipe which could be exposed for everyone to know if he said one word out of line. Cilan took a moment think carefully about what to say and only after putting his glass down and and sitting up straight did he make the decision to speak.

"But you are a real person, right?" Cilan asked in an encouraging tone which would hopefully help Cole to believe himself more. "And yet you say people could forget about you just like that? If you don't mind me asking, who exactly are you?"

Cilan had already made the decision to help but to make this recipe work, he would need more ingredients. He needed to know more.

20. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Good question, and one he wasn't sure he could answer. He was more real but even now he didn't know exactly what that meant. He wanted to learn, to grow and to better himself. He didn't before, at least not so much. He didn't want to be a demon though, especially one bound by blood magic, a mindless monster.

He let him finish while examining the glass of water that had been placed in front of him. He needed to drink now, more proof that he was becoming more like a person all the time. It meant that he could probably die if he didn't though. He didn't want to die. He wanted to live and to remember.

"I thought I was a ghost", he explained while still focusing on the glass in front of him. Eye contact wasn't his strong suit, but then he hadn't need to look at the outside before. "Then I found out what I really was, a demon. Solas said I was spirit, but I made mistakes. I killed people because I thought it helped, but it was wrong I was wrong." He spoke calmly and matter of factly, finally taking a sip of the cool beverage. Some people didn't drink the water because the taste brought them no pleasure, but to Cole so long as it hydrated the body, cleansed inside and out, then water was fine. Maybe he would try adding something to it one day, lemons, limes and other such things that added flavour. After all, part of being a person was trying new things!

Back to the original topic, it occurred to him that neither demons or spirits were real here, at least not the kind he was.

"Spirits live in The Fade, a reflection of what is real. They see through the mirror, becoming what they see. Sometimes, they slip through were The Veil is thin, but they don't like it. They shouldn't be out of The Fade. They don't understand, wrong, wrought, rigid, not like like them! I came through to help the helpless, heal the hurt. I couldn't, harrowed, too heavy to slip back through. I made myself real and then I forgot." He decided to spare him the rest of the details, about The Templars, The Circle and eventually The Inquisition. Not to mention a certain incident that saw him take yet another turn in his life. He didn't need to know. Just that he was here and not used to being truly alive.

"I made myself real to make myself remember. It doesn't usually work like that. Spirits and demons possess bodies, but mine became real. Now I'm more like a person than a spirit. It's very hard, but having friends helped. Change didn't mean having to lose my friends. Then I was pulled and then I was here. My friends aren't. I have to learn on my now." Again, he spoke in a tone that stated fact rather than one expected of someone feeling sorry for themselves, but still there was a tinge of sadness. Being alone hadn't bothered him since The Circle, when he taught himself to be more like what he was. Now it made him sad. He missed his friends. "Does it ever stop hurting?", he asked curiously. It was quiet enough now that he could here some of Cilan's thoughts, and he knew he had friends, family who must miss him too. Everyone in thew world did. No one belonged here.