By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private The Secret Dancer Meets The Face Eater

Discussion in 'Threads of Time' started by ralthara, Dec 15, 2018.

1. ralthara

ralthara The White Dragon

Pending
    @Susie
    November 29th Year 108

It was night time, a time when people were usually in their homes and off the roads, sleeping. A perfect time for Inigo to get some dance moves in. He hadn't practiced since coming to Pandora for the first time. It had only been two days ago when he had first arrived here. Since then, he had walked from Centria, a truly astonishing sight for the Mercenary from a medieval world to Pandopolis. It appeared to be a sort of central point in Pandora, connecting off into the other parts of this strange world that Inigo had found himself in. Thanks to 2B, the woman with the blindfold, Inigo had been able to read up on Pandora from the brochure given to all new arrivals to this strange place.

Since coming here, Inigo hadn't exactly done much. It was only two days, after all. He was so new and lost, it wasn't even funny. The thought of never seeing his friends and family was troubling. The fact he couldn't do anything about it, even more troubling. The only thing that he could think of to calm him and help his mood was to practice his dance moves in honor of the memory of his long since deceased mother. Of course, he no longer thought of her as truly dead. His "past" mother had certainly helped with that terrible pain. As did his past father's presence. Well, back then. Now, here he was in a world where neither of them could reach him and he, them. It was depressing but Inigo shouldered it rather well. All with a smile despite his inner turmoil. As the saying goes, those that seemed the happiest were actually the ones that suffered the most.

So, there Inigo was, in a small little area to himself. He had made extra sure that no one had followed him and that no one would come by here. No one should at this hour, as far as he knew. Of course, how little he knew! It wasn't hard to spot him while he was going through the motions of the dance. Weaving, pirouetting all in perfect timing and yet, not perfect enough. He was still missing something and, although he went through the motions of the dance with his past mother's self, he still didn't learn it quite right. There was still learning the exact muscle movement to achieve such motions. Still, the ever smiling prince had made progress tonight. Proud of himself, Inigo walked over and bent down over a piece of paper, looking mightily secretive as he scribbled on its surface of the dance moves he had just done. Pouring over it like it was some sort of top secret piece of paper that no other's eyes should catch sight of. Little would he know of anyone watching him, if they did.

"I'd say I nailed that part of it! If only mother could see me now!" he mused to himself.

(OOC: Ugh, I meant to post this as Inigo and accidentally did as my main account. My apologies! I will be using my character account afterward. I can't delete this or change it to Inigo)

#1 ralthara, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Susie likes this.
  2. Susie

Susie Deltarune

Face Eater
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    To hell with sleep. Ungodly hours of darkness beat reasonable hours of daylight any---well---day, and the way Susie reasoned it was this: There was way less people around at late o’clock at night. And if there was less people around at night, that meant that not only were there fewer people to piss her off, but she could do whatever she wanted with way less hindrances. Sure, you had some nocturnal guys roaming the streets (owls, vampires, insomniacs), criminals, alcoholics, cops,....But who gave a crap? It was still way less chaotic, especially if you wandered off the beaten path.

So that’s what Susie did. Wandered off the beaten path; away from the main streets, weaving through a few back allies and over one particularly useless, worn out fence that was wedged in between two wonky buildings that lead to this small, weird, seemingly pointless grassy area. Cuz she couldn’t sleep that night. Cuz she figured she might as well have been wandering around since her brain had decided sleep was for pussies against her body's protest. And guess what? Wandering around lead to boredom. And boredom? Yeah. That lead to an insatiable urge to light shit on fire.

Pulling a lighter out of her pocket that she had scored that afternoon from some walking smokestack with a top hat, Susie’s eyes scanned the area in hopes of finding something more enjoyable to ignite than just some plain old grass. Maybe some trash? Branches? Flowers? Dogshit? Unfortunately, there seemed to be little going on back here in terms of things to set ablaze. If she wanted to do that, she would have just had to settle for the wimpy patch of grass she was standing on, and that was no fun. But that wasn’t to say there wasn't anything entertaining at all beyond the fence she had jumped…

Not too far away, a figure made visible only by the light of the moon was spinning; kicking it’s long, slender limbs and waving them around in some pattern. Basically, it was dancing. She could just make out that this was a Human (one of hundreds she had seen since getting her ass stuck here in Pandora), and going off of nothing more than the shape of it’s shoulders and width of it's hips, this Human was more likely than not a male. Guess this guy had dance fever like I did fire fever, huh, Susie thought to herself with a small, yellowed smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth. Damn, he had no effing clue she was standing there, and that tickled her to no end.

Finished with his ballet, he stood proud in front of no one. Susie was in the process of cupping her hands over her mouth, preparing to scare the pants right off of the weirdo when he scurried over to….a thing she couldn't see in the dark, huddled over it, and began doing something which she could only assume was writing. Boy was she grateful that she had held off for a sec, otherwise she would have totally missed this freak’s full potential! Instead of shouting, Susie opted to quietly stroll up behind the Human, careful to not even do so much as take a breath. Then, when she was looming just over his shoulder, spoke casually above the scritch-scratchings of his pen,

“Hey, Dancing Queen. Ain’t it a little late to be doing your homework now? You should be glad your mother doesn't see you, dude.” And then, she added for good measure, "Say, you mind if I copy off your answers?"

--------

((OH NO! I've done that on so many other sites it's not even funny! XD It's a perfectly human mistake. I'm actually surprised I haven't done it here yet!!))

#2 Susie, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Inigo likes this.
  3. Inigo

Inigo Fire Emblem

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

The Dancing Duelist

[​IMG]

Inigo should have watched his surroundings better. He would have noticed the female monster a lot sooner if he had. When she spoke, Inigo hadn't been expecting to hear anyone. Surprised, he whirled on the spot to find himself looking upon a creature that he had never seen before. Of course, during the time he had spent here, he had learned there were other creatures. He just didn't see her kind before. It was a girl, he guessed. The voice was obviously feminine.

"D-Dancing Queen?!" he repeated incredulously. No one had ever referred to him as such.

All Inigo could do was look back at her with surprise as she went on to say now was too late to do one's homework. Homework? He had heard that term before. Did she think he was doing schoolwork at a time like this? Of course, she soon asked if she could copy his answers. There was the whole mention of his mother thing which had confused him. Why would Olivia be upset with him for being up this late? Did she think he was still in school?

"Uh...homework? I'm not doing homework, miss!"

It didn't help his situation when he hid the paper though behind his back. A paper that was just notes of dancing moves on it. Something he always carried with him while he perfected the dance that his late mother had taught him. Unfortunately, she died long before he had the chance to learn much of anything.

"I apologize but I am no longer of schooling age. What you just saw was merely practice. Eheh!"

he brought a hand to the back of his head, embarrassed. How much did she actually see? Well, certainly enough to use the term "dancing queen". He wasn't going to be able to save face here.

@Susie

Susie likes this.
  4. Susie

Susie Deltarune

Face Eater
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    “Merely practice, huh?” Susie reiterated, nodding as though she were really digesting these words, which--psh, as if she gave a crud. “That’s cool. It’s one hell of a time to be practicing, though, even for someone past ‘schooling age’. Not to mention... this area is pretty shady. Like, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're keepin' some kinda secret or something.” A seasoned professional in the art of tormenting, Susie knew when someone was the caught with their ass flapping out sort of humiliated. For whatever reason, the fact that he was seen dancing really got him flustered, and Susie, who was tired, agitated, and in need of some mischief therapy decided, hey, what the hell, if she wasn’t gonna let her aggression out by watching something burn to ashes, she was gonna do the next best thing:

Fuck around with this guy.

“And the papers you hid on me just now…I guess that's all supposed to be a part of your "practice" too? I don't know, that's pretty weird.” Susie shoved her hands in her pockets, creating the illusion that she wasn’t planning on doing anything with them in just a few seconds. As for her countenance, that she kept cool as a cucumber. Come in quietly, then go in for the kill. That was gonna be her strategy, and as far as she was concerned, it was flawless.

“Say.” After a moment of thoughtful silence, she spoke again, taking a step forward. Then another. Allowing for only a nose distance to separate them. Let him take in her god awful breath; she hadn't brushed her teeth in a few days, so she knew it was ripe. “You’re not actually keeping any secrets though. Said so yourself. Just practice. If so…”

She struck. Her hand shot out of her pocket and went for the arm that was tucked behind his back. An elbow in her strong grip, she would spin him around so his back was facing her and pluck the notes out of his grasp with her free hand. Shoving him away, she would then whip her lighter back out and ignite that little bastard so she could read--holding it dangerously up close to the papers, mind you, as in, you better not try anything stupid or I may ‘accidentally’ set it on fire kinda close.

“I totally wanna see what twinkle toe notes you're jotting down, dude!” Susie laughed, wickedly. “The way you're being so sneaky about 'em means that they must be freakin EPIC, right?”

Come on, she thought, just try and take them back. I dare you.
    ----
    ((This shouldn't have taken so long to respond. I had it written out, but work decided to be 'extra special' so I couldn't proofread. AH. Also, your new post template looks lovely, dear!!))

#4 Susie, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Inigo likes this.
  5. Inigo

Inigo Fire Emblem

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

The Dancing Duelist

[​IMG]

At first, the girl creature seemed to understand what he meant. However, she did have a point about the hour h chose to practice his dancing. In truth, this was usually the time frame no one bothered him. He was also usually away from prying eyes. He was a night hawk and used to sleeping in. He wasn't the least bit tired, in truth. As for keeping something secret, she wasn't wrong there. It was his dancing that he was trying to keep secret but so much for that!

"I do see your point but I assure you, I am a night hawk and capable of defending myself. I am quite used to practice at this hour of the evening. It leaves me free to practice to my heart's desire without any interruptions and normally keeps me from being noticed," he replied.

Inigo should have known his hiding his papers on dancing would be considered shady. He felt embarrassed for it but if she read it, he'd likely die of embarrassment. Okay, an over dramatic reaction to be sure but he'd surely feel like it. He rubbed the back of his neck when she said that, clearly uncomfortable while he tried to come up with an explanation.

"W-Well...you see..." Inigo began. The girl creature had placed her hands in her pockets and after a moment of silence, she approached him until they were practically a nose apart from one another. When she spoke next, he felt nauseous. Her breath smelled rather vile! Enough to knock out a whole army, kill them, bring them back from the dead...and then kill them all over again. He tried hard to not vomit, his face visibly going green while she spoke.

Before Inigo could react, the girl shot a hand out and grabbed the elbow of his arm that held the papers. His eyes widened at this, not expecting her to do this as she spun him around. She had a surprising amount of strength behind her! He was powerless as she plucked the papers from his hand and then shoved him away from her. Whirling on the spot, he saw her light some sort of device. It seemed like some kind of advanced flint or tinder and she was holding it dangerously close to his notes. Eyes even wider, face contorted with worry, Inigo was forced to remain rooted to the spot. Her posture suggested that if he tried anything then she would set them aflame!

"P-Please don't set that afire! Those are my notes on my late mother's dance!"
    he pleaded. Her voice was malicious sounding as she commented on how she wanted to see his notes and assumed that they must be epic for him to be concealing them from her.

@Susie
    [OOC: Aw, thank you! ^_^ I made it myself from scratch!]

Susie likes this.
  6. Susie

Susie Deltarune

Face Eater
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    And just like that, Susie’s laughter stopped as if some ethereal force hit an off button. “Wait, what about fire?” She glanced up from the notes before she could read more than one word and wrinkled her nose in confusion. “You think I was gonna burn them up? I just lit this so I could see.”

Frowning, she stared at the Human, then to the lighter, the notes, then the Human again. “But now that you mention it…” Her nasty smile had returned. The fear in This Human’s eyes was so freaking obvious. “Burning your notes does sound like a pretty neat idea. Maybe I'll do that once I'm done with ‘em! Thanks, man.”

There was a way the flame could be held even closer up to the papers, and Susie had managed it. Honestly? She could care less what was written down. What she wanted first and foremost was to make this Human squirm. Reading them would only help her to really lay into the guy, that's all. “Arright, let’s see now…uh...” Clearing her throat, she shuffled through the notes. Not surprisingly, none of it made a lick of sense. That didn’t mean she wasn’t gonna make a scene, though. “...woah. The fuck is peeroutting ,even? And what’s these curved lines supposed to mean? Were you trying t’draw like, a side boob or something? Man, I can’t believe you bother to write lame shit like this down...” and after a for more shufflings and clueless scannings, Susie came to this conclusion: “Okay, you know what? All this is just sissy and givin’ me a headache. Sucks for you your mom’s gonna be late tonight. She’s not ever gonna see your notes. Hehheheh.”

It was no secret that Susie was not the best reader. Bad behavior wasn’t the only reason why she had been left back a year or two. Actually, that’s what kept her from being left back more than a year or two. But in short, she was being sincere when she said that all those weird words and symbols were giving her a headache. They made absolutely no sense!

For dramatic flare, she both the papers and lighter high in the air. Just as the flame greeted the corner, she said, “Hey. You were right in being embarrassed, you know. You should thank me for burning ‘em. If you don't want me to do this, though....heh. Better get creative, Dancing Queen. You got ten seconds before total ignition.”

Yeah. She used that word wrong. But oh well. The truth of the matter was, Susie was stalling for time to see what The Human would do. Beg? Pledge servitude? Fight? All those'd be sweet, she figured, as she hungrily waited for what was to come.

#6 Susie, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Inigo likes this.
  7. Inigo

Inigo Fire Emblem

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

The Dancing Duelist

[​IMG]

The girl creature's laughter seemed to have stopped abruptly. Did she finally understand that he didn't want his notes burned? That they were sentimental to him in a way? However, before he could hope for a glimmer of that, the female creature went on to say that she had never intended to burn the notes. Due to his comment now she thought it was a great idea to go through with. Originally, she had only used her lighter to see what the paper said.

"Wh-What?! N-No, please don't do that!" he replied.

Inigo's pleading though seemed to fall upon deaf ears. He didn't see any ears on her though. Surely, she had something to hear him with? She was a unique being. He hadn't seen anything like her before. She sort of reminded him of a wyvern just without the wings to some extent. Soon, she would ask him what pirouetting was and what the curved lines were supposed to mean.

"Pirouetting is a dance move, I could show it to you if you'd want? As for the curved lines, it's what motions to go through during a dance routine!" Inigo tried to explain. He blinked when she asked if he had been trying to draw a side boob. At that, his face turned red. He was way to shy to draw that sort of thing. He'd shake his head at that.

"N-No, I didn't! I-I could...never draw something like that!"
    Inigo could tell that this girl was having a hard time understanding his notes. Where that was a good thing, it was also a bad thing. Bad in that she soon lost interest and stated that it was sissy. What she said next about his notes...and his mother being late, Inigo went from shock and horror to confusion and right back to the previous two. This girl didn't know that he meant he had meant his dead mother. As she held his notes hostage, lighting the bottom of them, speaking to him that he would need to act fast, he'd drop to his knees. There was an obvious look of panic on his face.

"NO! Those notes are important to me! If you burn them, you'll be burning my dead mother's final dance routine that she had tried to teach me before dying!" Inigo couldn't help but freak out. He didn't want to fight this girl as he had made a desperate attempt to try and grab at his notes that were starting to light up.

@Susie

Susie likes this.
  8. Susie

Susie Deltarune

Face Eater
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    “I can't believe you really think that pulling the dead mommy card’s gonna work. Psh. Just spare me the theatrics.” Susie snorted, the bangs puffing up and away from her eyes for a blink's time. This guy had already brought his mother up twice--the first time being to himself when he wished she was there to catch his lame dance routine, and the second when he straight up confirmed that she missed it because she was late. Even so, Susie was just expected to just believe out of left field that she was dead? Like hell she would. “Crocodile tears...only piss me off. ”

"I thought you were gonna do something waaay more interesting than try to pull the wool over my eyes, dude. Too bad. Welp, time to light ‘em up. Don’t worry though, I’ll give you back the ashes of your late ballet notes," was what she was going to say next. But then, suddenly, it hit her like a cinder block to the face. Somehow, someway (because surely it didn't have anything to do with what she was just about to say), she realized that by late, he probably actually did mean dead. “........godamnit.” Susie cursed and grit her teeth in frustration after a small delay that could have been considered a thought process was complete. Sure, she wanted to screw around with this Human, but that didn’t mean she wanted to ruin someone’s life with their dead family member. You’re made of better stuff than that, remember? Although she only partially believed that to be true of herself at the moment, she had to at least ACT like that was 100% the case. Moms, Susie thought bitterly to herself, they suck cuz they somehow always find a way to make you feel like crap, even when they’re not around.

“I changed my mind, cuz I feel like I can get something better outta you than I can just burning these prissy hieroglyphics.” As she spoke, she was careful to keep her demeanor as tough and nasty as ever, because on the inside she was actually starting to feel like the jerk that she was, “You want these back so bad, you have to do one thing that I tell you to. Sound easy enough?”

And then, taking only a minute to think, Susie came up with something. She spoke simply and shrugged, "All you've gotta do...is cram a huge wad of dirt in your mouth...and say pretty please. Make sure I can hear ya, too."

#8 Susie, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Inigo likes this.
  9. Inigo

Inigo Fire Emblem

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

The Dancing Duelist

[​IMG]

The girl definitely wasn't buying it when he outright said that his mother was dead. It really looked like this would be the end for his dance notes. Well, he had his memory, at least, to help him jot it down all over again he supposed. However, his memory might miss some parts and the only way he could hope to retrieve everything again would be to start over. He hoped that he wouldn't have to and that this girl would spare him of the tragedy of losing that important dance. A dance he thought as sentimental and terribly important to him since it was the last dance she had ever shown him and had tried to teach him before her untimely death.

"I'm not lying!" he exclaimed. Just what was it going to take for her to see that he wasn't lying?

Inigo was surprised when she had cursed all of a sudden. Almost as if she had either caught on or had a sudden change of heart. He hoped it was either of those two things. He would really hate to see his notes burnt to a crisp. Dancing was important to him. It made him feel close to his deceased mother who had been his world as a child. In what short time he had with her, that is. Lucina was daddy's little girl where as Inigo was mother's little man. He was, of course, close to his father too but his mother was clearly the parent he got along with better than his own father. It might have been because where Lucina was like their father, Inigo was like their mother in his mannerisms. He had been extremely shy and it was his mother who had often encouraged him to speak with women more to help him ease out of that shy shell of his. It had worked for the most part but he still had his shy tendencies every now and then. Especially when someone peered at him for an awkwardly long amount of time. Finally, the girl monster revealed that she had changed her mind. She thoroughly believed that instead of burning his papers that she could get something better out of him instead. Honestly, at this point, he would do anything to save those notes! Even if it was something utterly shameful!

"Y-You...changed your mind? ...Uh, I-I see! Um, sure! Name it! I'll do anything-!" Inigo began only to cut himself short when she had made her decision on what she wanted him to do. She wanted him...to dig up a chunk of dirt, stuff it in his mouth, and beg her to give him his notes back. She wanted to be able to hear it. He wasn't sure if that's what she was going to do the first go...but at least she didn't appear to want to burn his notes anymore.

"...Er...if...that's what you want...alright. I'll...keep my word then..."

Inigo looked slowly down at the dirt at their feet. This...was going to be something. He hadn't had dirt in his mouth for a long time. Not since getting pummeled into the ground that one time by a strong, unhappy woman when she had enough of his womanizing tendencies. This was karma, wasn't it? For all those times he had done something wrong? It had to be it. It had to be for him to have gotten such a stroke of bad luck! Not only had he been spirited away from his home with no hope of returning, no hope of seeing his family ever again and now this! Truly, fate hated him lately? The usually smiling man was no longer all smiles. He dug up a good large sized chunk of dirt. A look of distaste on his face. He was...really going to do this. Admittedly, this wasn't the first time he had been driven to extremes for the sake of something trivial or petty. Heck, he had often been the dramatic at times among his peers when they weren't dealing with anything serious.

"...Well...here goes...nothing..."

Inigo would then stuff the dirt into his mouth. It wasn't the...worst tasting thing in the world. In fact, it tasted quite salty with a mixture of rocks in there. Tiny rock particles that is. He did his best to not accidentally swallow any of it or choke on it as he would try to speak with this huge amount in his mouth.

"P-Pweddy pwease!"

@Susie