HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open The Seige of Misty Hollow

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by John Uskglass, Jun 25, 2017.

1. John Uskglass

John Uskglass Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

Magician King
    Race:
    Human (Magician)
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Okay guys, so summer's come and that means some trouble is going to start brewing in Misty Hollow and in the Forest! @The Gentleman and John Uskglass have been working to build their magical power by forming alliances and friendships with the forest, and while John is mostly focused on building up his magic in order to hopefully find a way home eventually, The Gentleman is interested in turning that magical power into power of a more political sort. Both working to slowly convince John of his own vision of what Pandora should be and who should be in charge of it, and stirring up the very trees that surround the city itself against the humans and other beings living inside, with the Gentleman's interference things should get muuuch more interesting in Misty Hollow and Silverwood for a while. Here's our current Timeline:

Phase 1
    June through Early July

John and the Gentleman have been working to bring the forest under their control through much of the springtime and by this point have succeeded in bringing many of it's inhabitants under their sway. The Gentleman has been working to turn the forest against many of pandora's other inhabitants, especially humans. Increased Magical and Fae activity, strange dissaperances and deaths, and reports of the trees themselves attacking people will start to be come more prevalent now and continue to be so throughout the rest of the season. Just as a clarification, at this point in time the Gentleman's and John's control of the forest only would extend to the portion of the forest surrounding Misty Hollow. As the season goes on, this portion of the forest could extend farther, but that would be entirely dependent on role play developments.​
    • Strange Happenings in the Forest Around Misty Hollow- Current Events thread describing the strange happenings that have begun in the forest surrounding the town.
    • The Fine Line of Nature - Elias Ainsworth, Molly Carpenter, John Uskglass, The Gentleman - June 13 - After the strange phenomenons started occurring and the Fae have been gaining more power, Elias and Molly try to look for answers.
    Phase 2
    July

News of the dangers in the forest spread across Pandora. Both the Mage's Guild and Misty Hollow's defenders launch their own investigations into what's happening, and attempts to settle matters peacefully are made. Somewhere along the line things go sour in the attempted peace talks. The forest, which up until this point had not attacked Misty Hollow directly, now launches an attack, and the town finds itself under siege and at war with the environment itself. Late in the season, while off of this is happening John and the Gentleman have a falling out, and John changes sides to help Misty Hollow fight off the trees.​
    Phase 3
    August
    A resolution is had, Misty Hollow fights for the freedom and very livelihoods of it's inhabitants that they are no longer cut off from the rest of Pandora and the forest is calmed. This is basically the fall out of the rest of the season's previous threads and we'll see how this shapes up once everything else happens​
    This is basically an idea to stir up some good trouble in Misty Hollow and the surrounding area and cause a lot of drama! All ideas, suggestions and sub-plots for this are totally welcome. As soon as I get the Current Event article up for this, the games can begin! Have fun guys! ;)

Thread submission:
    Please submit any threads, current events, ect, involved with this plot to this thread so that they can be put on the event timeline
    Code:
    [url=thread url]thread title here[/url] - Characters involved - Thread Date - Thread description here

#1 John Uskglass, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. John Uskglass

John Uskglass Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

Magician King
    Race:
    Human (Magician)
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
  3. The Fine Line of Nature - Elias Ainsworth, Molly Carpenter, John Uskglass, The Gentleman - After the strange phenomenons started occurring and the Fae have been gaining more power, Elias and Molly try to look for answers.

#3 Elias Ainsworth, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
  4. Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes The Walking Dead

Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Dean Winchester - I think this is a perfect opportunity for these guys to work together and either...find some understanding or...not lol. Maybe in a June thread they run into each other while making the rounds and discover a body? And with this they help launch the investigation with the defenders.

@King Ezekiel - i know you're not tagged in this buuuut....phase 2 sounds like a "Misty Hollow will not fall, not on this day!" kinda moment. You in? Maybe these 2 can fight along side each other.

@Carl Grimes - I know you're not tagged in this either but I could see him getting roped up into this. Interested?

@Chief Jim Hopper - I've been trying to figure out a way for these 2 to meet since they're so similar in some ways...I think this is a nice and convenient way for them to work together. He's a defender too so maybe there's a thread in here for them? What do you think?

5. Dharke

Dharke Welcome to Catbury!

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    For sure! :D

I've been meaning to check out this plot, but time has run away from me as usual!

Rick Grimes likes this.
  6. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes The Walking Dead

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    YES PLEASE I want Carl roped into all the things. He could stumble into something on his own, or tag along in a Rick adventure thread if you have some already going on! (I'm sure if his dad fights back in Phase Two at some point Carl would definitely be beside him for it!)

Rick Grimes likes this.
  7. Chief Jim Hopper

Chief Jim Hopper Stranger Things

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @Rick Grimes Yessssss I've been waiting for this! I feel Hopper is going to be pretty wary of magic and wouldn't go rushing in the mess with these guys unless he has some backup. Plus having a new friend from law enforcement wouldn't hurt at all. I feel that could both be hearing about the happenings and maybe Hopper reports it and they decide to work together to investigate? I'm open to all ideas

8. Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes The Walking Dead

Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ok idea (or ideas)

Something urgent happens. Like a 7 yr old kid went into the forest in early July and only Rick & @Chief Jim Hopper are available right then and there. They venture out into the forest and tons of creepy stuff happens. Maybe they almost get trapped in there. They may or may not be successful in finding the kid (thinking TWD Sophia moment lol).

Or to make it even more urgent @Carl Grimes is the one who gets trapped - but I don't know how you feel about Carl being used as the kid that needs rescuing lol. But Rick would start a war over that lol

And MAYBE this happens during peace talks? Which prompts urgent magical actions from the defenders? Which starts the all out war? Thoughts @John Uskglass ?

#8 Rick Grimes, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  9. Chief Jim Hopper

Chief Jim Hopper Stranger Things

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    I'd say Hopper could think it's Will or something so he's naturally going to volunteer. This will be very fun.... (not for our poor charries that is!) What kind of creepy stuff do you have in mind?

10. Wolf

Wolf #sanvers
    Plots & Events Division

Space Ninja
    Race:
    Tenno; Valkyr
    I'll toss Ruby in this! I was supposed to post to this plot ages ago and failed to do so, oops.

But this looks incredible and I'm looking forward to it ;D

I also take it that the defenders of MH are going to be on the frontlines?

11. Bunny

Bunny Because, the plot demands it!

Filler For Life
    Race:
    INFJ
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

Well, if there's gonna be a battle, I wanna toss Kakashi in the midst of the conflict. He may be a teenager. But, he's got lots of experience combat-wise.

And, Ella will be ready to put in a good word for John. At least, for whenever people start looking to blame someone. He saved her, after all.

12. Hermione Granger

Hermione Granger Harry Potter

Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    I'm late to the party, like painfully so but I figured I'd go ahead and toss in Hermione anyway! She's a defender of Misty Hollow, but to be more specific, she is partially responsible for the barrier that protects the town. I don't have any specific scenarios in mind as to how she'd be involved. Just that she'd be someone invested in trying to figure out what's going on/how to use her own magic to stop it.

13. Naoto Shirogane

Naoto Shirogane Persona

Consulting Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Aw shit cmon I just got here and yall are making the trees kill us now?

Naoto won't be super helpful fighting wise - hey look I have a gun, why dont i shoot a tree //sarcasm - but I'd love to throw them in in trying to figure out who's behind the sudden Angry Trees

14. Nessa

Nessa Player

@Rick Grimes
    Ohh, I like the idea about a kid wandering out there and getting trapped by the trees, ruining the peace talks and basically being the trigger point for all hell breaking loose. Especially with the increased Fae activity going on, a child being stolen or lured away into the forest is definitely a thing that could happen, maybe even @The Gentleman is the one who does it? An NPC fairy, or even just the kid wandering out by themselves could work too of course xD But anyway, yeah, if the rest of the defenders and everyone are cool with this idea being what sends everything over the edge, I'm definitely all for it^^

Also, @King Ezekiel and @Carl Grimes : Yes, join us in this madness :D The more the merrier!^^

@Wolf
    Woot! Ruby!^^ Definately excited to see her thrown into this mess (slowly i will gather all the wolfy folk into this mess *cackles* >D) but yes! I imagine that Misty Hollow's defenders are definitely going to be on the front lines trying to protect the town as best they can.

@Bunny
    You know I'm all for these ideas, and am really excited for John and Ella's reunion. This is gonna be great!^^

@Hermione Granger
    Well since Hermione helps to maintain the barrier, I'd think her role this season would be a particularly important one, seeing as the barrier keeps out spells and magical threats, and what is an angry forest if not a magical threat? xD Maybe as things heat up and become an actual war, the Gentleman or John can attack the barrier itself and try to make it fall and cause some problems for Hermione and the others who work on keeping the barrier up? And of course, I'm sure she's be a great help in investigating just what's going on if you wanted to do that a well.

I also definately am still willing to throw John Hermione's way if you still wanted to do that. It'll probably under less friendly circumstances than I was hoping for before, buuuut...well, a little extra conflict to complicate things never hurt anyone xD

@Naoto Shirogane
    Naoto would be welcome to come in and help figure this whole mess out!^^

15. Steel

Steel wisdom is for those who have time for it
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Hey, @Nessa! I couldn't help but notice that @Crystal Peak dropped Elias. Would you like some other magey type to step in for that answer-hunting thread instead? I can toss Khadgar your way for that! (Or heck, I could even toss Perrin in, if you think it'd work out better!) Or perhaps Crystal could always volunteer her other mage character, Dorian! Whatever you need so your plot moves forwards. :D

16. Molly Carpenter

Molly Carpenter The Dresden Files

Race:
    Winter Sidhe
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Molly is still up for some information-gathering. Anyone that wants to join in is more than welcome to.

#16 Molly Carpenter, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  17. Malacath

Malacath The Elder Scrolls

Race:
    Daedra
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Holy crap how have I just noticed this? Seriously I need to check out plots more.

So I've been reading through this for the last few minutes and realized Malacath could get involved not due to Misty Hollow but because he and his orcs frequent the woods a lot and if something was making parts of the woods inhospitable for hunting and just surviving Malacath would take it as a challenge and work with whoever else he could to try and stop such a threat. He's not a big mage but he is a being of immense power who would work to fight against anything that threatens his orcs directly or indirectly.

18. Crystal Peak

Crystal Peak Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Race:
    Human. Duh.
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    I am cool with tossing Dorian by being sent with the guild. Whatever you guys need!

19. Nessa

Nessa Player

@Steel @Crystal Peak
    Yes! Please! Dorian, Khadgar, anyone would be great! Like @HighSidhe said, Anyone that wants to join is more than welcome to^^ I'd also love to get the Mage's guild involved in this, and I definitely need to keep this plot moving along xD

Also, Steel, since you mentioned him, with the stuff going on in the forest and however that might effect the wolves, do you think Perrin would get involved? I definitely would love to plot some stuff out for him with John if that' the case and get a thread or two going if you wanted :)

@Malacath
    That sound pretty amazing, actually! I did have a group of orcs in one of my threads getting killed off by the trees as cannon fodder, maybe we could somehow use that to tie in with Malacath and his orcs getting harassed by the trees? What do all y'all Misty Hollow Defenders think? (I can just imagine how @Haldir of Lorien, as Head Defender might at first react to the idea of working with orcs xD)

Also, a new twist has been brought into this plot in the form of the plauge The Governor and Mannimarco have unleashed upon Misty Hollow. How do y'all think we should go about incorperating the effects of that into this plot?

Crystal Peak and Malacath like this.
  20. Nairne

Nairne Player

@Rick Grimes (and anyone else interested)

For the kidnapped child thread, would that be part of phase 1 or 2? And do we have to wait for phase 1 to be finished before starting phase 2?