HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private the sky looks dead

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Crowley, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

There was nothing in this life nor the next as frustrating as having a paradigm shift and finding it wasted because no one was willing to believe it for even a second. Crowley would never pretend to be a good guy. He wasn't. He was horrible, and awful, and evil, and anything good that he ever did would never erase the wrong. He knew that. He had already beaten himself up over it when his human blood addiction was at its peak. He'd screamed and thrashed and, yes, even bloody cried over it, and now he was able to accept that there was no changing it.

But being treated like a bloody leper no matter what he did? Oh, there was no ignoring that. There was no ignoring the fact that he had just gone out of his way to save this brat's life and she responded with a smarmy little smirk and an attempt on his. He had not had to do anything here. He could have left her to face the thing alone. He could have killed her himself.

He still could, and Crowley wondered, as he began to regain some control over his body, if she was fully aware of just how much he was holding back. If he wanted to hurt her, he could possess her and make her relive all her greatest hits for what felt like an eternity. If he really wanted to hurt her, he could possess her and show her his.

Last time he'd done that, he'd put a tiger mom in mental traction.

His eyes widened when Jo leveled the crossbow at Juliet, and he hastily grabbed the hound, yanking her against his chest as if that was going to make any difference to a crossbow bolt. Locking eyes with the little fucking brat, Crowley scowled furiously, building up his power and getting ready to show her just how much he had not been putting on display for her sake. His eyes flicked solid red, and--

Abruptly, Jo fired and Crowley blinked, feeling the air current against his face as the bolt flew over his shoulder. Turning, he stared at the thing that was somehow still alive, and he was darkly relieved to have something to take his anger out on.

Shoving himself to his feet, still trembling slightly, Crowley stomped closer to the degrading monstrosity, sneering as rotting flesh sloughed off its body in great, stinking piles. As he walked, he snapped his fingers, issuing a deep, concussive blow to its remaining skulls every time, building up the intensity until it had been reduced to a squealing, twitching puddle and its decaying flesh was flying across the ground in great spurts. Still, he didn't stop for another full minute, simply venting his rage on it until he was slightly less murderous.

Turning on Jo, Crowley raised his hand again, ready to turn her into a fine, red mist of blood and gore.

After a moment, he breathed out and lowered his arm. "Don't threaten my dog." He spat venomously. "And don't pretend you can handle me when one of Hell's most pathetic was the one that managed to do you in the first time, darling. We're on two different levels, me and Meg."

He glanced at his hands. Still shaking a bit. Bollocks.

"And don't assume I owe you anything. I'm the one that's been saving your skinny little ass for the last hour, in case that hunter pride is blinding you too much to realize." He added darkly.

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  2. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Things weren't going as well as they could have. She could have been nicer but that certainly wasn't what she had been hard coded to do. There was no reason why Jo should have been friendly to a demon or any reason she should have accepted his help. It was all about surviving for her. Surviving to actually live. And Jo wasn't about to let a demon stop her from doing that. Betrayal was all that demons ever knew so why would she believe the claims of one otherwise?

It was obvious that she had managed to do some damage to the monster. It was still falling apart bit by bit. Almost as if it were trying to keep itself together despite what it had been hit with. Survival. It was something that was in everything. From humans to demons to monsters. Everything had it and Jo understood that. So why didn't this demon?

"Don't kill your hell hound despite the fact I was killed by one, right?" Jo's smile might have been a little on the threatening side but that was because she was done with this demon's bullshit. Whoever he thought he was. Whatever he might have been to the Winchesters, Jo didn't care. He had managed to help her out and yes, had likely saved her life, but he had also threatened her and he was a fucking demon. So fuck whatever he thought on any matter.

"Don't assume I owe you anything either, hell whore. You just showed up and started chatting me up like we're best friends or some shit." She was almost screaming at this point. Probably not as calm as she should have been. But this evening had wound up being emotionally charged and Jo still wasn't certain that she was getting out of this alive.

It still felt like she was defending herself to the likes of a demon though and that didn't sit right with Jo. The blonde leveled the crossbow again, sinking another bolt into another forehead. It only had one left and the beast was staggering desperately towards them. Almost dead. She just had to take care of this and then take care of the other two somehow. There weren't any more fire gems in her back pack though, so how the hell was she going to manage that?

Crowley likes this.
  3. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

This was a moment, Crowley realized.

It was make or break, really.

He could do what he wanted to do - what he really, desperately wanted to do - and kill her himself. He would leave the corpse for what was left of their gooey friend, and he would be able to tell anyone who asked that he tried to save the little bitch, but she'd just run headlong into danger one too many times. No one would question it. Realistically, no one would even know that he was involved.

On the other hand, he could prove her fucking wrong and appeal to his own pride, by not making her as dead as he wanted her to be. It wouldn't change Jo's mind, of course, but it would reaffirm something in Crowley's. It would be a reminder that he had shifted tracks, and that he could stick to his guns if he tried hard enough.

"My hound had nothing to do with it. She's never gone on a hunt in her life." Crowley snapped furiously. Juliet was a useless waste as far as hellhounds went. The most she had ever done was charge the boys when they went snooping in the one place he'd trusted her to guard, and he doubted if she would have killed them, even if they hadn't managed to hide behind a gate. Unless Crowley's life was immediately and visibly in danger, Juliet was a passive old beast.

He grit his teeth at Jo's tone, visibly bristling as he resisted the urge to scream right back at her. "Would you rather be dead?" He demanded loudly, just below a shout of his own as he waved a hand at the stupid, fucking thing that just wouldn't stay dead. "Go ahead, Nimrod! Go! Good fucking luck!" He bellowed, throwing up his arms and making a great show of doing nothing as the thing continued to move closer.

For a moment, he had a dizzying, inexplicable urge to start laughing, driven as he was to the point of absolutely emanating rage. He wanted, on a rather base level, to just scream the fury out, but that would be unprofessional. Instead, he seethed, whipping up the air around him with a hostile aura that was not only detectable but almost visible. The sky above them had darkened noticeably.

"Better make that last shot count, Ethel, because I'm not saving your sorry ass anymore today." Crowley taunted caustically, thrusting his still-shaky hands into his pockets firmly. "Don't fuck it up. I know that's a challenge for you, darling. You're lucky, really, that you were an only child. Parents were practically obligated to like you." He spat petulantly, hunching his shoulders.

Crowley breathed out forcibly, regaining some more composure. His tone turned more mocking by the moment, losing its nasty bite along the way. "What's the plan after you take the shot, love? Got anything in your bag of tricks that'll kill me, or are you gonna scream me to death? 'Cause I think I'll pass."

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  4. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    If Jo died here then she would have died a hunter's death. There was a purpose behind it of course. If she could take care of at least one monster than that was crawling around the outside edge of Misty Hollow. That was a good thing. She had saved lives by taking care of that. The demon was going to have to be someone else's problem because Jo wouldn't be able to take care of him. Funny accent or not, he was still a demon.

So she prepared herself to die. She braced herself for it. This was a moment that she knew was always going to come down the road. Jo had hoped her death would have been when she was old and in her bed and all that sappy sort of thing, but this was reality. Hunters always died messy deaths. It was just a matter of when. If she had been lucky she might have lived long enough to start to crest into middle age but apparently she was always fated to die younger. It just sucked. She could have done more with her life.

Except it didn't exactly happen. The demon stared at her like he was about to slag her off the face of Pandora and then just... didn't do it. Jo wasn't exactly sure why the hell not, they were enemies and their other enemy was obviously down for the count, it would have been a perfect time for him to strike. Instead he just screamed at her like they were some sort of dysfunctional hunting duo who couldn't stand each other but needed to work together.

Jo just stared at him for a moment while she reloaded her cross bow and fired one last time. It hit another head and this time it was just... done. The monster collapsed. Except Jo wasn't even looking at the thing anymore. She was just staring at the demon and the hound, wondering what the hell was going on there because it didn't make a lick of sense to her.

"You know that you make no sense, right?" All this anger and this hate, that was typical of a demon. But he was just... he didn't make sense to her. She wanted to shoot him and his dog too, but he had basically saved her life. Which meant that he wasn't normal. Maybe Pandora had done something to him. That made sense to her because Pandora did a lot of crazy things. If he wasn't actively killing her and he wasn't actively killing people, did that mean she had the right to take his life?

Before Pandora Jo would have had an easy answer. She would have said yes. A demon was a demon no matter how they tried to dress themselves up. But even the council of Pandora had a demon. And a vampire. And a witch of some sort. So why not this demon?

Jo lowered her crossbow and frowned. "Don't kill people and I won't kill you." That was as close to a friendly warning as she was going to get with the spitting, crazy thing named Crowley. If he didn't kill anyone here, then this was a fight she didn't need to pick. At least not now. There was still one brother to find. "And quit with your insults or I will find something to kill you. There's plenty of gods rolling around here. I'm sure I could convince one that you don't matter in the grand scheme of things." She shouldered that crossbow and moved towards the monster, trying to see if she could find anything on it to point her to the other brother.

Crowley likes this.
  5. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"I make no sense?!" Crowley parroted back at Jo with disbelief scrawled across his face. She was the one who had abruptly rounded on him and spit in his face despite his help, and now she was making him out to be the crazy one between them? God, he hated hunters. Absolutely and thoroughly detested them.

Nevertheless, the wind was going out of his sails now, and as the rage dissolved, Crowley just felt bleeding tired. He still felt vaguely ill, though he suspected that was due to the cleansing spell more than the pestilence creature, and he sank onto one of the church steps with no decorum, rubbing his temples as he did so. Glancing up at Jo, he didn't respond to her warning besides to shrug half-heartedly. He didn't plan on killing anyone who didn't start it - it wasn't Crowley's fault if a lot of people had a grudge match against demons.

Laughing hoarsely, he shook his head. "I don't matter in the grand scheme of things, Ethel. That's the cosmic joke of my bloody existence." Crowley pointed out callously. He wasn't being self-pitying - he was just being realistic. He had only come into so much power as he held through a series of bizarre coincidences and his own cunning - but mostly coincidence. At the end of the day, the only thing that had ever separated him from other demons, when his path first diverged from the pack, was that Crowley had been lucky or unfortunate enough to catch Lilith's eye, and tenacious enough to hold it without going mad.

Or, maybe he had. Who even knew anymore.

In any case, Crowley knew where he stood. He had carved out his place in the universe since then, but he didn't pretend to be some primordial entity. What had Singer called him once?

A ghost with an ego.

Glancing at Jo bitterly, Crowley huffed. "Go ahead and call up those godly friends of yours if it helps you sleep at night, love." He spat, still kneading his head as he watched her approaching the hopefully-dead monstrosity. "What're you doing? It's dead - leave it alone before you convince it to stop being frigging dead."

Closing his eyes against a flare-up of aggravation, the demon breathed in deeply, releasing the pent-up oxygen when Juliet gently bumped her head against his chest. Next time he decided to do something nice for anyone, Crowley hoped that somebody would just cut off both his legs at the knees before he got the chance. It would be less taxing.

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  6. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Was he actually whining? This was right up there with angels who didn't fucking use door handles. Ridiculous shit that Jo didn't understand how she got involved in. This was all likely circling back to the brothers who shall not be named but it always circled back to them, didn't it? Almost as if the damn universe revolved around the Winchesters even when it was not the same fucking universe. She wanted to kill them. She regretted not actually putting a bullet in Dean's forehead when she had the chance.

"I know it's fucking dead but that hunter had a brother, you fuckwad." Jo didn't normally curse this much. She didn't normally curse this much. At least not at someone but he was different from normal people and he had hit many nerves in the process of the hunt. There still was one person to figure out though Jo wasn't sure what she was expecting. With the way his brother had died it was unlikely that the other had survived but Jo had to look.

"Nothing I'm doing is going to make it live again." Unless it could suck out her life force but she was pretty sure that wasn't the case. That would have been more like the vampires she had thought this had been. But that's what the brothers thought it was too and that was what they had asked for advice on. Jo felt a bit responsible because she had led them astray.

The hunter crouched down over the body and her nose wrinkled from the smell. She ignored it as best she could while noting that it wasn't even close to how ill she had felt before. This was just gross smelling. It wasn't as if she were just violently ill. Big difference and that made all the difference for the blonde. She pulled a knife out of her jacket pocket and flicked it open, using the blade to push apart different pieces of the monster so she didn't have to actually touch it.

Slowly the blonde worked her way through the monster, not paying attention to the sulking one on the church steps. Slowly moving over to the spot where the enochi-whatever had hit it. Where it had started to melt. It was there that she discovered what she had been hoping not to find. The head of the brother. It had melted off when it had obviously been part of the monster at some point. Her hazel eyed gaze closed for a second before she stood and moved to the tree. It was time to get that brother down and then burn everything. Just in case.

"Feel like helping me burn down a church, hellspawn?" It would be the best way to contain the blaze. They just had to pile everything inside and light it up. Thankfully she had the tools for that on her because some vampires were killed best with fire. Funny how that was in Pandora, right?

7. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"You know, that's why it's so easy to catch hunters with their proverbial pants down - or literal pants down, come to think of it." Crowley observed blandly, still sitting on the steps of the church. "It's this cock-and-bull honor system you all pretend to tote, when in reality you're all just too bloody curious. You can't handle not knowing what happened to one of your little friends." He wrinkled his nose in disdain. "Demons? We cut our fucking losses every time. If one of us dies, we let sleeping dogs lie, no matter how important they are to us." And there were demons who became devastatingly close to one another. Enough so for certain L words that were not lust to be bandied about in private.

Watching Jo from where he sat, Crowley puzzled on the strange breed that hunters were. "You know, the funny thing is... most humans are more like me than they are you." He continued on, somehow caught in his own cycle now, where he wanted to hear himself talk just to pull himself out of the funk he was in following that blast of magic. "Most people will drop everyone around them and run when they're in a panic. Mothers will trample their own children. Lovers have killed each other for the last heel of bread. It's not even uncommon. I've seen humanity do things that even demons don't think about." He breathed out slowly and studied his hands. The trembling was starting to subside, but he still felt faint.

"It makes your lot that much stranger, you see. I've got a theory that--" Crowley cut himself off, recognizing by Jo's expression that she'd found the answer to her quarry, but it wasn't the one she had been hoping for. Crowley's gaze flicked up to the church, which seemed to grow even more ominous, as if hearing the threat against its safety. He pushed himself upright, staggering a bit as he approached Jo from behind, moving cautiously and telecasting everything he did. Juliet, coming in from the side, came within several feet of her and uttered a dismal howl that reverberated through the air for longer than any mundane dog's voice should linger.

Grimacing, Crowley tried to blink the rest of his migraine away. "You think we can?" He asked back, sounding genuinely thoughtful. "I don't..." He bit back like it forcibly, for fear of sounding petulant, but his wary glance backwards spoke for him. After a few seconds, he shrugged, already a hop and a skip away from his anger just as quickly as he'd fallen into it.

"It's your party, Ethel. I'm just the backup dancer"

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  8. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    God, he loved the sound of his own voice. He just loved to talk and that was something that twisted Jo's insides around. If only because it was hard to think straight when someone was talking almost constantly. Someone you wanted to shut up and you might have been able to shoot to do so, but it would bite you in the ass. As thin lipped as their truce was, it was still standing. Which meant that the blonde had to put up with his nattering until he was done running his lips. Even if her urge to lite him on fire was rising with every word that tumbled past his lips.

"I don't give a shit. I live my life the way I need to live it. If you got a problem with that, you can shove that judgement up your ass." She didn't care that most people were more like Crowley than her. Jo knew that. She knew that all too well. The thought of the Governor still made her skin crawl in every direction and that scumbag was just human. Crowley didn't have to tell her what she already damn knew. But that didn't change a thing for Jo. She lived her life the way she needed to and fuck anyone who judged her.

"Just in case there's a chance of this thing spreading somehow, I think it's best to burn it. Pick up the big pieces would you? I'll get the fire prepped." That was the best delegation of tasks. He was a damn demon, he could lift a lot more than Jo could. She'd pull out her fire gear and take a look at what she could rig in the church. Fires weren't so hard with buildings like these. Not with a thing of lighter fluid and a lighter. Not when there would be plenty of broken, dry wood inside.

But there was one thing she'd have to do first and that was cut the hunter down. How he had died was obvious but the why was still odd. He hadn't been absorbed into the monster or eaten. He was hanging from a tree which felt that something else had happened. Was the monster involved? Had he been infected and taken his own life? There were better ways than hanging though.

The blonde moved towards the tree and started to work on bringing the body down. Burning him would mean a hunter's death. So his ghost wouldn't linger and so his body couldn't be used. Jo promptly ignored Crowley, hoping he was throwing monster parts in the church so they could burn the damn place down.

9. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"I know!" Crowley insisted, gesturing at her. "That's what makes you admirable! You and the rest of your sorry lot! For all the people who tout about walking to the beat of their own drum, there aren't many humans that can do it. Of those I've met, most of them are hunters." He raised his hands innocently before she got it in her head to shoot him or punch him.

They really were rather phenomenal creatures, hunters. He didn't like them, of course, but Crowley had always deeply admired the lot of them, warts and all. They were outcasts and fuck-ups with more baggage than Heathrow Airport, but at the end of the day, they were sniveling, weak creatures who were happiest when pitted against monsters a thousand times stronger than they were in every conceivable way.

Most hunters Crowley knew were weakest against their own bloody species, with the social skills of an autistic toddler. It was... fascinating, really.

Realizing belatedly that he had been staring at Jo rather intensely for over a minute, Crowley blinked and redirected his attention to the dead beast, grimacing as he approached it. He decided not to bitch and moan for the time being, giving her a moment with the dead hunter, and instead he began to telekinetically shove the giant corpse towards the church, lifting it as one whole unit and slowly making his way over.

Staring at the building with that absurd prickle of dislike again, Crowley huffed a deep breath and forced one of the larger windows to shatter inward, releasing a plume of stale air out into the atmosphere. Then, grimacing in disgust, the demon started to float parts of the pestilence beast into the church, faintly hearing the grotesque smoosh every time he let one drop.

It was getting hard to ignore that nasty feeling, which seemed to intensify with every gross piece of monster he chucked inside.

Turning around, Crowley gave the place a wary look over his shoulder as he trotted away, returning to Jo, whom Juliet had apparently decided to linger near. The damage the hellhound had taken during the previous fight was still healing slowly. "Are you absolutely sure this is the course of action you want to take, Ethel?" He asked plainly, all sarcasm tossed to the wind. "I'm telling you, that bloody church isn't happy with us, and yes, I know how stupid that sounds."

Shifting between his feet, Crowley pursed his lips, hating himself immensely for still wanting the dumb blonde not dead, if only to prove a fucking point at this rate. "At least let me make a ward circle around you. It'll keep out any nasties that might come out to play once you burn down their house." Crowley groused angrily, crossing his arms petulantly.

"Hell knows if I let you die, you'd come back and frigging haunt me anyway. Stubborn as a W-- mule."

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  10. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    So that had been a compliment? This demon had a really skewed idea of what a compliment was. She didn't fully understand what he was saying about the church either. It was just an old building to her. Nothing special about it. Abandoned out here with nothing next to it. There was even enough space between it and the treeline that nothing would catch on fire. Which meant that it was perfectly safe to burn down. If no one was using it then that would be fine. No one would care. She had been through Misty Hollow enough to know that if nothing was happening directly to the people in the town, it would normally be fine.

She managed to cut down the other hunter easily enough. The sickening sound of his body dropping was something she knew she would hear in her dreams for the next few nights, but it wouldn't last too long. There were other things to take up that space in her mind. She had to carry the man into the church though and that was never easy for a woman of Jo's size. He hadn't been dead long enough to smell but there was always a chance she'd get something on her by dragging him into the church. A hot shower was always in order after a hunt.

"It's probably not happy with you, Lucy. It's just an abandoned building." Not quite listening to the demon was probably normal for the blonde. She would always have trouble following advice because her own had been better than a wealth of others. Doubly so since she had arrived in Pandora. How many scrapes had she pulled herself out of? More than the ones where she had been rescued. And look, the demon could learn. He didn't even call her a whore, though it was obvious he had started with it!

"Make your circle if you want. Just don't close it or I will haunt you." It wouldn't be able to keep her in, though she wouldn't blame the demon if he tried. Tit for tat and all that. It was what she was expecting but humans were always the thing that could break most wards. Sucked to be anything else, right? The blonde managed to get the body inside and spent a few minutes making sure there was enough dry wood of sorts around. She also triple checked that the place was abandoned. Because that was an important piece, wasn't it?

From there she poured the lighter fluid where she could to get the fire started, including a line out the building towards where the demon was standing. "Where does it stop?" Just in case, it was probably best to keep the fire entirely inside. Just in case this Crowley happened to be right about... whatever the hell was going on now. Knowing Pandora they could have been burning down Zeus' temple and he'd smite them for it. That would be just her luck.

11. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

It was obvious that Jo wasn't really listening to him, and Crowley was too used to it to feel much more than a mild stab of annoyance. Instead, he let her struggle with the corpse of her little hunter friend, turning his attention back to the church as he tried to suss out why it was creating such a well of negativity in his chest. It seemed absurd that Jo wasn't detecting it at all, but then... maybe she was. Hunters encountered so much negative energy in the course of their work, Crowley wouldn't be surprised if it became hard to even notice it eventually.

"No, I don't think it is..." Crowley muttered to himself. It didn't feel abandoned at all. That was the problem. It felt like the whole bloody thing was pissed off and just a moment away from doling out a punishment, so he turned away with hesitation and began working on a warded shield against whatever might come flying out of the building, burning the runes into the ground quickly, pausing now and then to assure himself that he'd gotten the translation correct.

Eventually, Crowley extended a hand towards the invisible wall he'd created, hissing sharply when it blocked his approach and set his hand to smoking faintly.

He shook it off, looking pleased with himself. "It's just a half-circle, Ethel. Like a supernatural riot shield. Won't stop anything physical, mind you, but it'll block any nasty ju-ju that comes out." Crowley explained lazily, reverting to his slouched posture, even as his eyes flicked rapidly between Jo and the church. "Stand there and don't burn any of the runes unless you want to bollocks it up." He explained tersely.

"And, for the record, I want to make it public knowledge that I think this is a stupid idea." He rasped, shaking his head. "Unnecessarily stupid, at that."

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  12. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    The demon had an interesting way of talking. Lots of verbiage. Lots of different verbiage. Almost like he enjoyed it like others enjoyed drugs or fine wine. And it might have been impressive if it was coming from anyone else. A hunter with this much shit talking would have been fun to work with, at least in small doses. Like working with Bobby, except British instead of Southern. A bunch of shit talking to take your mind off the situation. Maybe that's what the demon was doing? Trying to distract himself from working with a hunter?

"What's stupid? Working with you natural enemy?" That would likely be angels, but Jo didn't mind pushing the demon back a little. This did feel like a cat and dog situation, where you weren't sure if the new cat was going to scratch up your old dog or vice versa. Sometimes animals just didn't get along. Doubly so if they had a bad history with others of the same kind in the past. She had obviously been hell bitten before and hunters had likely tried to kill him before, so why the hell was he pressing this get along together thing down her throat? Why was he even sticking around or shielding her?

Whatever the reason, Jo didn't fully trust it. He had proven himself trust worthy thus far but how much of an idiot did she have to be to trust a demon. A demon! "Noted." She tossed the can down before carefully stepping over the runes and then pulled out her own lighter. It'd probably be destroyed in the process. That was fine. She had plenty of others to handle it. But she did oddly feel like this was a moment to have a bit of cig, if she had been so inclined. Just to look badass.

Instead the blonde flicked on the lighter and tossed it at the can. It lit up soon enough and her hazel eyes were directly on the flames as it danced towards the church. It was never instant. The fire was going to have to get started and the bodies were going to take awhile to burn, but hopefully it would do enough that nothing would spread. Jo stayed silent though, waiting for it all to go up in flame. She shoved her hands in her pockets and ignored the need to watch the demon as well. The hunter only had so many eyes and so many things to pay attention to. Hopefully she wasn't too stupid to trust the demon for a moment.

OOC: Sorry this is shorter!

13. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"No, you moron." Crowley sighed, rolling his eyes heavenward. She was turning into a broken record now. "I'm talking about poking that hornet's nest they call a church." He nodded towards the building, aware that he was probably sounding like a broken record as well at this point. "Also, FYI, angels are the natural enemy here, love." He added lowly, though Crowley supposed that could be argued. After all, he'd actually had better experiences, historically, with angels than he had with hunters.

Angels were smarmy, dull, shiny bastards, but they were usually content to hiss at demons and make the usual 'filth' remarks. Hunters went straight to exorcisms and killing, if they could swing it. Mind you, if a hunter was set on killing a demon, it was a bit of a joke.

When angels started gunning for demons, it was a bleeding death sentence.

Frowning deeply, Crowley crossed his arms and watched the line of lighter fluid burn, following its path towards the church with such mounting anxiety that, for one hair-raising moment, he thought he might be sick from it. Then, without warning, the entire train of fire... went out.

It was like a giant had huffed and puffed and blown the flames out all at once, and Crowley froze in place for several seconds, still feeling that nasty, crawling anxiety, though it was already starting to diminish. He looked aside at Jo, tilting his head. "Are you actually inept, or was that..." He paused, searching for a word. "Spooky?"

Addressing the church with a thoughtful frown, Crowley sauntered a bit closer, focusing on the ground that was clearly damp with the lighter fluid. He raised his hand, glanced back at Jo for a split second, then snapped his fingers, willing the fire back to life.

And it did. For a split second, the flames roared up with a mind of their own, howling against the darkened sky. Then, just as abruptly as before, it was doused by a horrible, sharp, cold wind that even Crowley could feel, safe inside his meatsuit.

Turning back to Jo, he watched as Juliet anxiously crept closer to the hunter, clearly too unsettled to get any closer to the church, and therefore Crowley, but still looking for some kind of support. Even if it came from the same witch who'd already threatened her once this evening. "Well, Ethel... I think this constitutes a slight hiccup in your otherwise adroit plan." He purred.

Leaning back on his heels, Crowley craned his neck to stare up into the sky.

"I'm going to have to haul all that bloody goo back out the window, aren't I?" He groaned.

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  14. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    This church still didn't seem like anything important to her. It was obvious that no one had used it in years. It may have never been used. Pandora could have plucked it from any number of worlds and dropped it here just because it liked the look of it. That would be that. Jo wouldn't have cared any more or less about it because it was an abandoned building. There were plenty of those in Pandora Town but the blonde didn't try to burn any of those down because they were far too close together and there was always a chance she'd burn down a district instead.

So the Watch had to deal with a bunch of dead bodies in PT. But the other towns? There was always a place to burn things down without setting the rest of the place on fire. It was always a matter of dragging things around though and Jo wasn't nearly as good at that as the demon was. Perhaps Crowley had his uses. Perhaps there was a reason he proclaimed to know the Winchesters. Body dumping.

"Angels are idiots or dicks." At least, Lucifer was obviously a dick and he was an angel. Castiel had been... well, he had been a weird ass angel. A weird ass person all together but Jo only disliked him because of his association with the brothers. The two of them watched the fire kick up though and Jo felt like this was a good sign. Nothing bad was happening and all would be fine. Everything would burn and then she could part ways with the mouthy shit she was standing next to. At least the hell hound was silent.

Except the fire went out. All of a sudden, the flames dampened as if it had been done with magic. Jo looked over at Crowley, entirely expecting the demon to be responsible but it seemed that he was just as confused as she was. An act? Demons were very good actors when they wanted to be. Except he lit the damn thing back on fire with a snap of his fingers. That was a trick that came in handy with body detail, Jo was sure.

Even Jo could feel the wind and see what was going on. No bodies were going to be burned because that damn church wasn't going to be burned. The hunter barely noticed the hell hound sliding up towards her. Odd, the motion didn't make her skin crawl, but that was likely because Jo could see the thing. A big difference from what had torn into her before now that they had had a bit of an interaction.

A frown appeared on her lips. If they tried to burn something on the grounds, would they be stopped in the same manner? But suddenly an odd little smile appeared on her lips. The demon could bitch, but it was almost fun when he pushed his own buttons. "Only if you can also light it up. I'm out of anything to help it along. Otherwise lets just leave it in there. Better chances of quarantine until it's rotted away." Even the hunter body. Just in case.

15. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Would you look at that, we agree on something." Crowley purred, chuckling at her take-away from whatever angels she'd met. Not that idiots or dicks was actually wrong in any sense. She had hit on just about the sum of what angels were. They were all idiotic dicks.

Watching the old church fight off its own execution was interesting, to say the least. Despite constant, low-grade anxiety the thing was inflicting upon him, Crowley couldn't help smirking at the way a building had all but bested their efforts. Smokey the Bear would be proud.

Huffing in annoyance, Crowley looked back at Jo again, scowling at the flash of amusement he caught sight of. He bit back his immediate urge to retort, instead focusing on the matter at hand. Like the adult between them, thank you very much. "No. I don't know about you, but leaving all those monster bits in there... it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, darling." Crowley said at last, pursing his lips as he surveyed the church. "I'd rather haul it out and burn it, if it's all the same to you." He concluded smartly, setting off towards the eerie building with his shoulders hunched as if against a frigid breeze.

Whether Jo felt like tagging along or not was no longer entering into Crowley's radar. He focused solely on hefting and levitating the monster's bits back out of the window, followed by the hunter's body, accumulating them in a heap a few yards away from the church. After a cursory glance over the pieces he had pulled out, Crowley winked up into the shattered window frame, bracing himself awkwardly as he stared into the heart of the building.

It was so dark he couldn't even see past the tip of his nose - demon or not. He even switched to his natural gaze, hoping that it could cut through the murk, but all that did was allow him to witness a handful of horrible, black shapes crisscrossing what he assumed to be the floor.

Swallowing roughly, Crowley teleported back onto the ground, shaking off the image and blinking away his red eyes before he addressed Jo. "Do me a sodding favor, will you? Never open that door." He pointed at the immense, oaken entrance. "I don't know what's in there, and I don't want to know, and I've spent time with the worst our world has to offer." He shuddered once more, then turned his attention to the pile of parts.

Snapping his fingers, the mass went up with a roar, and this time it seemed to stay lit. "Got any marshmallows? Nothing like a s'more tainted with burnt plague monster."

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  16. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Jo couldn't figure this demon out. She couldn't figure out if he was pulling her leg or being serious at any given moment. He seemed to change his tune and his tone with every breath that came out of his mouth. Still he was pulling his weight on the situation and that meant the hunter had to go back into the church so she could get the hunter out. They had already created that separation before. So what else was there to do but go back into the church and drag the brother out?

The blonde was a little less careful this time around. She could only revere a body for so long before it became more dead weight to her. Her muscles were sore. She was exhausted. So if the hunter had his head or body parts bumped around a bit more. It was now more about getting the job done than anything else. She wanted to get this done and over with so she could go home.

"Do you just like bitching about everything?" The words were certainly a little bit sharper than she had intended but she was hauling a body around. Jo couldn't help but wonder if this was really what the demon wanted. If this was really what it was like to hang out with demons, it really was no wonder the majority of them operated alone unless they were thugs. They probably couldn't even stand each other.

Once the body was next to the monsters she took several steps back and waited for the demon to snap his fingers. It almost seemed like he was reading her mind because everything went up in flame as soon as he stepped back and started cracking jokes about plague monsters like he had been ready with it for his entire life. Fucker.

"You really don't ever shut up, do you?" It was almost breathed with a sigh but it really did look like everything was going up in flame. The blonde turned slightly, knowing that it would be best to start on the way home at this point. One shower. Several drinks. Maybe a few drunken texts to her boyfriend, then she was going to pass the fuck out.

Halfway through her turn the blonde stopped and looked at the demon. It wasn't like he was a fellow hunter. She couldn't just walk away with making sure that she wasn't going to be stabbed in the back. "You gunna make this more complicated than it needs to be Crowley?" Fuck if she was ever going to say that name again. They'd never see each other again, right?

Crowley likes this.
  17. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Well, it's that or just bitch about my company, and darling, you have that corner covered all on your own." Crowley shot back smartly, aware that he was probably pushing whatever buttons Jo had left a tad rougher than was necessary. After all, the girl had done quite well, between their screaming matches and the attempts on his life. Turned out the brat was a decent hunter after all, even without the Winchesters holding her up.

Watching as the body pile started to really catch and burn, Crowley smirked. "Nope." He popped the p deliberately, eyes shining as the flames licked upwards, carrying with it the foul stench of the pestilence thing as it started breaking down into its gooey bits. Turning his head, the demon stuck his hands in his pockets and regarded Jo thoughtfully.

"What, me? Not sure how I could complicate matters, Ethel, when all I want is to see you piss off back to whatever hovel you call home." Crowley purred lowly, voice barely audible above the roar of the fire. "I was going to offer you a one-way express ticket back to said hovel, but I doubt you'd trust me not to send you to the moon." He shrugged, continuing to observe their little bonfire.

Sighing deeply, the demon looked across at Jo with exhaustion and disinterest. "Look, I meant to keep you alive. I have. Far's I'm concerned, that's the end of the story. If you don't want to deal with me, don't put yourself in danger in my backyard." He explained hoarsely, leaning against Juliet when she pressed herself against his side with a happy sigh. "In any case, feel free to leave, Jo. I'll make sure the town doesn't burn to the ground. Think you can trust the dastardly demon with that much?"

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.
  18. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle Supernatural

Caravan Guard
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    He still seemed to take offense by the common sense coming out of her mouth. Which was hilarious but that might have been the fatigue talking at this point. She just wanted to go home, shower off, and forget this night even happened. Because this was exactly the sort of thing that she was going to have to drink to forget about. The brothers. The plague monster. The demon and his little hound too.

"Right, because I want a demon to know where the fuck I live." Jo knew that they had this little peaceful moment going on but she wasn't stupid. A demon knowing where she lived was asking for trouble. Even if she had the place warded up just like the Homestead. Crowley knowing where she lived wasn't good for her health in the long term, obviously. Demons betrayed every chance they got.

But he had kept her alive, this one time. Which meant that she was going to keep up her end of this as well. As long as he wasn't going around actively killing people, she wouldn't try to remove him from his meat suit. That would be out the window the second he tried to betray her but as long as she was always on the look out for the asshole, she'd be just fine.

"Thanks." And the hunter did mean that. It was just a little difficult to actually speak the damn word. But the blonde managed to get it out without sighing or rolling her eyes, so that had to count for something right? Jo shouldered her crossbow and started on the way towards Misty Hollow, hoping that the bodies would burn out peacefully and that nothing would actually spread anywhere in the town. That would have sucked, to be responsible for that. No matter what Crowley was saying.

"That and the tree line. Too far away to burn in this weather." She couldn't help the smirk that was in the tone of her voice nor the one that was on her lips. She was letting the demon leave, but actually letting him get the last word was probably a bit much for her.

19. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Paranoia is ugly on you, love, FYI." Crowley snapped moodily, shooting her an annoyed glance but refusing to pursue the matter further. If she wanted to keep being a bitch, then he could be one right back, but she'd already suckered him into one screaming match this evening. Crowley was done. He was tired, and he hurt, and he desperately wanted to go home, shower this guck away, and get in bed.

Even if he couldn't sleep, he wanted to get comfortable and rest.

"You're welcome." He shot back coyly with a broad smile, watching as she started off towards the town. Turning his attention back to the fire, the demon held out a hand, spurring the flames hotter and wilder, breaking down the monster and the hunter within a matter of seconds. Then, waving his hand downward, the inferno sputtered out, leaving a blackened pile of ash.

Looking over at Jo again, Crowley raised one hand in a mocking salute. "I'd tag along and annoy you some more, love, but the barrier has a problem with me - surprise, surprise." He called. "Not to mention, I'd really rather get stabbed in the eye with a pencil than spend another bleeding minute in your esteemed company."

Chuckling, Crowley tucked his hands back into his pockets. "Don't get into too much more trouble, Joanna. Don't know what'll happen if I'm not around to pick up your slack neck time." He purred before disappearing into the wind with Juliet in tow, giddy that he'd managed to steal the last word back for himself.

@Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle likes this.