By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Open The Sleigh Beggy's Curse

Discussion in 'RP Requests & Plotting' started by Chise Hatori, May 15, 2018.

1. Chise Hatori

Chise Hatori The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Dearest Child of the Night

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    "It'll break"

Chise is a Sleigh Beggy, a type of human (?) who has great magic potential because of how they can not only absorb magic from their surroundings, but also produce their own magic and having faeries be naturally inclined to let them borrow their magic power if needed. This comes at a cost, that being that Sleigh Beggy tend to not live for very long due to their bodies not being capable of handling all that magical power. Chise in particular, counting the time spent in Pandora, has less than 3 years left in her before her body finally breaks down.

Goal

The goal here is for Chise to be able to live a normal lifespan by somehow getting around the current state of her body. However, I also want a short period of time where things get worse for her so she has to deal with the fact that death is knocking at her door.

Plot/Event Timeline & Thread Tracker

Nothing yet.

The Cast

Chise Hatori (duh)

Getting Involved

This storyline essentially is gonna have three stages and I need people to take part in each of them during the Summer season.

The first part is The Incident that is going to significantly decrease Chise's lifespan. This could be accomplished in a variety of different ways. Maybe you have a villain that would like to use Chise as a magic battery of sorts by draining her magic energy from her body? Or perhaps they're just attempting to feed on her life force? Or maybe they just force her into a situation where she's forced to use a lot of magic to defend herself which would end up being very harmful to her.

The second is pretty much The Fallout of the previous one, basically a period of time where Chise and others around her have to deal with the knowledge that she could die soon, potentially much sooner than she first expected it to be. While Chise wouldn't be very open about what's going on with her, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for people to get the information out of her (or someone else that knows *coughcoughRuthcough*) and maybe start looking for a way to help her.

The third is The Solution to the problem that will allow Chise to live her life without worrying about her body eventually breaking down. This can be accomplished in ways such as completely cutting off her magic (which is not the ideal solution but it could be interesting to have Chise be completely powerless temporarily) or making her body stronger so that she can actually handle all the magic within her, or maybe finding a way of allowing her to somehow regulate her own magic.

I really don't have anything set for this, but I'd really like to be able to do this plotline somehow, so if you have any ideas of how this could happen, I'd love to know!

(Tagging some of the people who are involved with Chise who might be interested in all this: @John Uskglass @William of Lanchester @Ruth @Elias Ainsworth @Carol Peletier @Aaron @Perrin Aybara @Nancy Whitman @Arcade Gannon)

#1 Chise Hatori, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Doctor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    While Arcade has no idea how any magic stuff works, he would definitely be freaking the fuck out if he heard about this and would be trying his best to find some cure.

Chise Hatori likes this.
  3. Tessa Gray

Tessa Gray The Infernal Devices

Race:
    Warlock
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Though Tessa doesn't know Chise yet, if she was approached by William, she'd throw herself into working on the problem, as well as using her various connections and resources in order to achieve the best result. She even has some experience with fae, though not with Chise's particular type.

Chise Hatori likes this.
  4. Linnie

Linnie Player

studying
    If Chise is too desperate, there is Zephaniah who can grant immortality to humans along with extreme endurance.

Chise Hatori likes this.
  5. Hey, you know John's going to want to do what he can to help Chise :) Also any villains messing with his student better watch their backs, just sayin' xD

Chise Hatori likes this.
  6. Ruth

Ruth Guest

okay im still Sick so im sorry if this isnt all that coherent or contribute much, ill definitely be more into things as soon as my flesh prison stops revolting against me

but of COURSE i need to get ruth involved in his how could i NOT i mean, aside from ruth being chise's figurative and essentially literally older brother and him wanting to do everything in his power to help chise just from that alone, hes literally bound to her as her familiar and its his entire duty to look after and care for her

if we wanna cast as wide a net out as possible for chise's relationships in pandora, he could also help in that regard: since theyre bound together, ruth shares chise's experiences, including....the painful ones...... so we could easily work out a scenario where chise is hanging out with one group of her friends while ruth is hanging out with another when the Aftermath makes itself known. as soon as chise starts hacking up blood, ruth's gonna start doing the same that very instant so (depending on how close ruth has become with said characters up to that point) either they could already know about his connection to chise and realize Something Is Wrong or ruth could tell them on the spot when he starts dying in front of them

also, wrt the Incident before the Aftermath, ruth's connection to chise will also allow him to help people find and rescue her sooner from whatever icky situation she might end up in, thank god for good brothers

TO CLOSE THINGS OFF WITH IN THIS POST when it comes to Possibly Solutions, ruth is willing to do almost absolutely anything to help extend chise's life because hes already had to outlive one little sister dying on him and hes very much in the boat that chise deserves to live as long as she can and hes willing to fight tooth and claw for her and for that. i say "almost" though becauuuuuse hes kinda already attempted to help elias trade another girl's life for chise's and hes already learned his lesson after chise spent a while rejecting their bond, and has since vowed to never do that kind of thing ever again

Chise Hatori likes this.
  7. Is it even a question if William would help? I'm not sure he would really think about going to Tessa for help, being more focused on needing to find a solution and most likely turning to books and research on his own, but I highly doubt he would be getting much sleep as he looked for a solution and if she were to ask him what was wrong he would tell definitely tell her and would accept her help were she to offer it.

Tessa Gray and Chise Hatori like this.
  8. Julia Wicker

Julia Wicker Guest

Hiya! So Julia's losing her shade, her soul essentially, this season so she's going to be a soulless, emotionless mess come the beginning of summer. If she found out about Chise's abilities, while in this state, it definitely wouldn't be far-fetched for her to try and drain Chise like a magic battery without any regard for Chise's safety. And then afterwards, when Julia realizes she's done fucked up, she could even try and help save her?? Although it looks like you've got a lot of helpers lined up lol. Idk, she's not quite a villain type up I thought I'd offer her up as an option!!

Chise Hatori likes this.
  9. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! Chise would definitely be surprised there would be so many people mobilizing to help her somehow lol

@Linnie That's an interesting potential solution! But what type of immortality are we talking about? Is it "stops aging but can still be killed" or "can't die, period"? Because... Chise would be very hesitant about the latter.

@Julia Wicker That sounds great! Chise would totally forgive Julia after she was told what was happening (the Chise Protection Squad above, however, is a different story entirely though lol) but how would Julia target her in particular? Would she be able to sense how much magic Chise has within her?

Linnie likes this.
  10. Linnie

Linnie Player

studying
    If Zephaniah grants Chise immortality, it will grant her the following: not aging, unusual endurance. This unusual endurance will make Chise able to withstand a fall from a small cliff, a small explosion, etc... and able to heal her injuries (if she falls down a cliff and breaks spine, her spine will be healed even though she may still have scars, bruises, etc...). However, she is vulnerable to extreme injuries; if the cliff she falls down is too high, she dies; if she is pierced by an arrow in her neck, heart and head, she will die and so on. So the immortality Zephaniah grant will not help Chise if the what inflicts her cause her death instantly and too severely.

Zephaniah is also able to take that immortality back, which will return all Chise's age. Elders only do the immortality thing when it fits them to do so and generally, they usually require the Immortal Humans indebted to them to do their bidding. However, that can be avoided if Chise is needed in whatever plot Zephaniah is planning or Chise does something that makes Zephaniah feels grateful enough to her (such as saving her life).

Chise Hatori likes this.
  11. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Linnie That sounds like something that Chise could accept then! If I remember correctly, @John Uskglass has met Zephaniah, right? Maybe once the whole situation happens, he could seek her for help since Chise doesn't know about it, only to have to deal with the whole "do something to make her indebted to him" thing?

12. Linnie

Linnie Player

studying
    That sounds good to me.

Feel free to tag me on discord if you want to go on with this plot and have the date

13. I mean, this definately sounds like a solution that can help Chise, and if you want to go down the Zephaniah route don't let me stop you. I just...don't think John would be one to go to her for help. I mean,I honestly don't think John would go to anyone for help? >.> Especially in a situation so heavily involving magic, John is the sort of person, arrogant and prideful as he is, that I doubt it would occur to him that he could go to anyone else. I don't even think it would cross his mind? Umm...so yeah. You'd probably have to find a way for Chise and Zephaniah to meet or something...

Linnie likes this.
  14. Fate

Fate Player

im so sorry i havent replied in a while im still been getting back into the groove of things after being sick rip

but if john needs a push to do whatever it takes to help chise, ruth would def push as hard as he needed to, theres no way hes gonna lose his little sister (also, fullmoon, after the aftermath and before the resolution gets underway, we def gotta have a little moment of chise and ruth Talking Things Out bc ruth isnt gonna do anything anymore without consulting chise first. even if she tells him no, hell just work even harder to find some other solution)

also if we wanted to get some more adults involved in trying to help chise (william, and thus tessa, for example), ruth would probably go to anyone he thought might be able to help chise, he doesnt even need to know them personally since hes able to share chise's memories