HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Things Thought Lost

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Nanachi, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    The Narehate's lips twitched upwards slightly as they watched the girl's awkwardness grow, but otherwise kept a straight face; Hiding their amusement. "It took you this long to introduce yourself, hmm. That's not very polite, but I'll forgive you for it. And for poking Mitty, too."

Brushing a fuzzy hand across their face for moment, to allow themselves to snicker silently while also untying the top-half of their outfit and revealing themselves further, they said, "I'm Nanachi, nnaaa. A Narehate, though I doubt that word means much to you."

Then they cocked their head. "So, why are you living in these woods if it's so dangerous? Seems pretty stupid to me~"

Chise Hatori likes this.
  2. Chise Hatori

Chise Hatori The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Dearest Child of the Night

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    They were scolding Chise for not introducing herself sooner. True, that was a bit of gaffe on her part, but was that really the entire reason they were looking at her like that? To force an introduction out of her? Well, whatever was the purpose of it, Chise now knew their name: Nanachi.

"I-I'm sorry..." She couldn't help but apologize, mostly for the part about Mitty. She placed her free hand on her head and looked away from Nanachi in clear embarrassment, which was only increased when they commented on her living in the woods, even though she had a good reason for it. "I'm a magician's apprentice. My teacher lives here and so, I live with him, it's pretty simple, really."

Nanachi likes this.
  3. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    A fluffy hand lifted to Nanachi's face, covering her mouth slightly as she grinned at the girl's reaction. Geez, she was way too easy. They were almost embarrassed for her. But it was a good thing, since now she was too distracted to ask more question they wouldn't rather answer. In a faintly teasing tone, they said, "Naaa, so what is a magician then? Like in the children's stories?"

Chise Hatori likes this.
  4. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Like in the children's stories" that was a good way to describe a magician for sure. The things magic could do and the beings that could use it were nothing short of a fairy tale, although Chise herself was always aware of supernatural things and had witnessed magic firsthand, she never thought she'd see the day she would become a magician herself.

"You could say that, yes. A magician is someone who can do all sorts of things with magic, either by using their own magic potential, or borrowing power from the faeries." Chise calmly explained, although, it soon came back to her that magic worked quite for other people in Pandora. "That's how it is where I live, at least, other people here in Pandora come from places where magic works differently."

Nanachi likes this.
  5. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    So the girl was serious, which meant magic was real or she at least believed it was. But then, was it really that hard to believe? No one knew just what the Curse was, or how Relics were created. They were practically magic in all but name. And if there were people with power like that around... it might be something to take a look at. Nanachi glanced down towards their friend for a moment as the thoughts ran through their mind. "Just how powerful can these different magics be, naaa?"

Chise Hatori likes this.
  6. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well, my teacher can do things such as making it rain when it normally wouldn't, or create powerful magic barriers... There is very little he can't do, really." The more she thought about it, the more she felt like John was just in an entirely different league of power from her. Was it even possible for her to get anywhere close to him? Then again... "You can do anything you want with magic, like turning a rock into gold, in theory, it only takes some willpower and practice and anything should be possible."

Changing the weather, making fish fly, turning stones into gold... This was all within the realm of possibility as far as she knew. That was what Elias had told her, but he had also said that tampering with the rules of nature was not something mages were supposed to do... Yet here in Pandora, John was doing so with impunity. Perhaps there even she could use her magic talent without any limits, save for the strain they caused to her frail body.

It was strange to think that she had the power to do anything she wanted lying dormant within her, just waiting to be awakened.

"There are a lot of different mages here and I haven't been in Pandora for long myself, so what others are capable of, I can't really say for sure."

Nanachi likes this.
  7. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    'Anything you want'. That was a heavy boast, and one that seemed a touch naive to Nanachi. But then Chise talked about her teacher's abilities like she had witnessed them herself, and creating barriers or summoning rain with just their own power wasn't a small thing.

Yet it still wasn't any more amazing that some of the higher rank Relics. It also relied on the goodwill of another if they wanted to harness it, which was something they believed very little in anymore. But if the Narehate could learn it themselves...

With some information on this new place acquired, and a possible avenue to explore later, Nanachi began to plan what to do next. First, was moving away from the girl without being followed or leaving a trail. Something very hard to do while looking after Mitty. The short, fuzzy explorer sized Chise up, putting their hands on their hips. "Naah, so what now? Are you planning on wandering through the dangerous forest some more, girl?"

Chise Hatori likes this.
  8. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "That's... pretty much it, yes." Chise admitted, she really didn't have a lot of options of things to do there and John was currently out so she couldn't practice magic with him just yet. "But I could bring you to the town closest to these woods, if you want. I've never been into the town myself, but I can at least guide you through here."

The closest she had been to Misty Hollow was during Samhain, which ended up in utter chaos, sadly. She never ventured into the town itself, only its outskirts, but she did know where it was located, so even if she didn't want to go into the town herself, she could at least bring Nanachi there so they wouldn't end up stuck lost in the woods.

Nanachi likes this.
  9. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    That was something Nanachi wasn't going to do any time soon. People and Narehate never mixed, and even if this world was different they weren't going to risk Mitty's safety by wandering in blindly.

But, that didn't mean at least knowing where it was was out of the question. And the more they knew about the surrounding area the better. Still, the distate for the idea was plain in Nanachi's voice when they spoke. "Naaa, I'm fine. I don't like towns. And other people. Though, knowing which direction it is in and how far would be good." They'd check it out later themselves most likely, once they were better prepared.

Chise Hatori likes this.
  10. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Didn't like towns or other people... Not the most sociable type, apparently. Chise could relate to some extent. She never really hated people, it was more like they had a problem with her and that led to her having less than pleasant experiences with others. Still, she never really carried a grudge against them, it was just another part of her life she had gotten used to.

"I see... Well, it's not actually very far from here. Just following this path should get you there." She pointed at the the path in front of her with her wand. "The forest likes to play tricks sometimes, but the town should be close by either way."

Nanachi likes this.
  11. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Nanachi's ears quirked upwards slightly, a more serious expression appearing on their face as they peered at Chise. They made note of the direction the young girl gestured, making a mental note to find a more solid landmark for it later, but were more focused on what she had said. "Tricks? What kind of tricks?"

That kind of information could be crucial to survival. And if this wasn't just an ordinary forest, then the Narehate needed to know as much as they could as soon as possible.

Chise Hatori likes this.
  12. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well, it’s not something I managed to test for sure, but I think the forest shifts itself sometimes. Paths that you used to take around it sometimes end up leading to completely different places, or maybe to nowhere at all."

She had gotten a little lost in those woods more often that she would care to admit for someone who lived there, but she always managed to find her way to the brugh. Sometimes by herself, other times by just asking the nearby fairies to guide her back there. Thanks to John’s influence, as well as her nature as a Sleigh Beggy, they were all nice and helpful to her, if a bit odd at times, though that was to be expected from faeries.

#32 Chise Hatori, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Nanachi likes this.
  13. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    A shifting forest. That sounded tricky, and likely to cause issues. But, it also meant that it could be the perfect place to hide out. An guaranteed layer of safety for them both. And, almost everything had a pattern. Nanachi was sure they could find it if they looked closed enough. They put on another small smirk, probing one last time. Any longer in one place could be a risk, after all. "Naaa, that is certainly some trick. And makes me question your sanity more, if you could get lost so easily. Unless your magic helps?"

14. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Chise couldn’t deny the fact that, given what she said, wandering through the woods on a daily basis sounded even less wise than it already did. Still, Nanachi was so blunt with the way they said it that she couldn’t help but be stunned by their comment for a moment, merely blinking at them with a blank expression on her face.

"... Well, yes, my magic can help, but if I’m lost I can usually just ask for help from the faeries living around here." Chise explained, rubbing her arm with her free hand in discomfort. "Still, I don’t actually need to do it very often, I can find the way back on my own most of the time."

She hated being treated like she was some kind of freak. Nanachi might not have meant it that way and perhaps it was just some playful teasing at her expense, but it reminded Chise far too much of how others used to treat before for her to be comfortable with it.

Nanachi likes this.
  15. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Nanachi could see their comments had struck something with the girl, stunned into silence which quickly turned into awkwardness. The barest smirk touched the Narehate's lips, taking some small amusement from the fact. That said, Chise's reactions left a lot to be desired; The flat, uncomfortable nature of them making it almost feel akin to kicking a small animal. They liked it when the person reacted at them, not just shrunk away. They sighed internally. At least they had thrown the girl off-balance enough that she would likely not bother them as they left.

The mention of being able to find her way back confirmed what Nanachi had assumed, in that there was a pattern or key to traversing the shifting landscape. And the 'fairies' was something to keep an eye out for. But it was time to leave. They had been standing in one place for too long, and too exposed for the Narehate to feel comfortable any longer.

"Naaa, well then I hope you don't mind doing so now." The Narehate said, turning to move towards Mitty as she dragged herself around the small clearing aimlessly. They kept their eyes focused on Chise though, even as they bent over to grab hold of their friend. "I think our little chat has gone on long enough. Wouldn't want to hold you up and make your teacher worry, would we? Try not to get lost and die on the way back~"

Chise Hatori likes this.
  16. Chise Hatori

Council Secretary
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It looked like the conversation was coming to an end, but the way Nanachi was speaking made it sound like she just really wanted Chise to go away. Maybe it was just the blunt, kinda rude way they spoke, but it was hard to shake that feeling away, that feeling that she really wasn’t wanted there anymore.

So now that they were going to say their goodbyes, Chise nodded. "I’ll try. Take care." She waved goodbye at them, giving one last, concerned look at Mitty, still wondering if there was anything that she could do about her.

Nanachi likes this.
  17. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Nanachi didn't miss the look that the girl sent Mitty again, and their stomach twisted up in a complex wave of emotions. Guilt, anger, suspicion, sadness. They hated seeing people look at Mitty like that, only able to see the twisted thing she had become. It was their fault she was still like that, after all. But, this girl seemed to care. Even without knowing who they were fully.

The Narehate's expression dropped slightly and they let out a small sigh, a paw gently stroking Mitty's head as she gurgled and cried out. "Yeah, we will. Say goodbye, Mitty." The cursed twisted girl of course didn't give any meaningful reply. "Naaa, who knows. Maybe we'll run into you again if you stay stupid enough to keep wandering around in here." The way Nanachi said it was different than before, a faint jovial tone to their voice as if to suggest they were teasing more than anything.

And then, hefting Mitty onto their back with her limp paws hanging over the Narehate's shoulders, they turned and disappeared into the forest.