By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private this fire burns

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Jon Snow, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Jon Snow

Jon Snow A Song of Ice and Fire

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    August 27th, Year 8
    @Daenerys Targaryen

For some time, Jon had believed that nothing could go wrong in Pandora. While he had seen his fair share of heartaches from other people, they had avoided him for the most part. Keeping its destructive influences on other people. Robb had been difficult to watch, as his life had been crumbling for some time. Jon understood that whatever good was happening to him would not last. If Robb could be thrown around in such a way, it was known that the very same could happen to him. And Jon, in a way, was right in his original viewpoint. Nothing bad had truly happened to him just yet. His life had been one of normalcy.

It had been the one he loved that had gotten hurt.

Merlin's death had been hard on many people, but Jon had watched how it had hurt Daenerys. While he had tried his best to keep her company, that wound could not simply be healed by just simple kind words and close embraces. It had been tough on him to see her in such a state. Simply knowing there was nothing he could do to help the woman he cared so deep about get through difficult times. It was time that would ultimately heal the wounds, but he knew they would not completely go away. They never did. He knew that very well. Losing people he loved was not foreign to him, and he, partially, understood what Daenerys would have to go through. Grief did not fade so soon as it had came.

There had been little time to find ways to get Merlin's death off Daenerys's mind. Getting her to think about anything else was not easy. Still, Jon wanted to find anything to get her to focus on more pleasant thoughts. Something outside the realm of death. Jon's mind had began to wander back to the beach in which they had finally gotten together. The place where they had affirmed their feelings for one another. Jon had returned back to that beach only a few days prior in an effort to get some inspiration. As he moved along the beach, he discovered an even more beautiful and secluded area. One that had not been seemingly touched in some time.

Stepping into his home, Jon was quick to find Daenerys. Pulling a kind smile on his lips, he stood not far from where she was sitting. "We should do something today and get out of this home for once," he said, placing a hand on Daenerys's shoulder. "I found a place that I think you'd love to see." He hoped that he would readily agree to his words. It had been difficult to get her to do much. Depression trying its hardest to hold her down, but he knew that something like this could help her heal. Even if it was only for a moment, Jon merely wanted to see a smile touch her lips once again. He wanted to know that she could be happy if only for a little bit.

Daenerys Targaryen likes this.
  2. For the past few months, Daenerys had thrown herself into work, heading to the office early and not leaving until well past everyone else. It had meant that she hadn't been able to really take the time to even get used to now living with Jon. In fact, they had barely been able to see each other at all, though Jon had remained endlessly patient. So patient, in fact, that Daenerys had felt guilty for how much time she'd been spending away from the house, at work, and away from him.

Today was one of the first breaks she had taken in some time, and even then she had expected that Jon would now be the one at work while she was at the house. Despite not being at the office, she was still working, poring over paperwork in her study with Egwene's translation device in hand, with little more done to her hair than a lick of a brush before being pulled back into a hasty ponytail with several loose bits framing her face like strands of silver that fluttered lightly in the warm breeze from the open window next to her desk.

She'd expected to be the only one in the house except for the servants for the rest of that day, and so it was a surprise when footsteps behind her revealed not one of the maids or the cook insisting that she take some lunch, but Jon. She looked around at the light hand on his shoulder, blinking in surprise at seeing him there at all. "Shouldn't you be at work?" she asked, with a quirked eyebrow, but although there was little of her usual easy smile at the sight of him, she felt an undeniable curiosity. "What kind of place?"

Jon Snow likes this.
  3. Jon Snow

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

Even if Jon wanted to work, he knew he would be unable to while Daenerys was in the state she was. Working had been difficult enough as it was. His mind was often filled with worries about Daenerys. Knowing that she was not doing well did not make him the happiest man. Seeing anyone he loved in such a mood was tough on him. There was only so much he could, but he knew he would have to find anyway to pull her out of the darkness. Even if it was for a second, it would be worth it.

Daenerys taking any days of work was rare. Even during a time of grief, she still attempted to do some work. Jon had thought to convince her otherwise, but he did not wish to be confrontational during a time of need. That would just lead to arguing and more strife. Neither of which Jon wished to bring upon Daenerys. He cared about her far too much to allow that to ever happen. It was his job to make her feel better. Bring her any amount of comfort. There was no way he'd even chance doing the opposite of such things. Not now, not ever.

"I decided to take the day off. I wanted to spend more time with you, and this feels like the perfect time to do so," he replied, giving her a kind smile. He had not known what state she would be in upon him finding her. The smile that touched upon her lips made him feel far happier than anything could have at that moment. Despite how long it had taken them to truly become a couple in Pandora, at least for Daenerys, he had never been more in love with a person. "You know the place we first kissed? I was in the area again recently, and I found something just a little further down the path. I would love to show you it."

4. Her first instinct, admittedly, was to insist she was busy, that his work was too important to ditch for her, and that as Governor she simply had too many things to do. But his smile, so warm and kind and full of love despite how distant she had been lately, made her protests die on her tongue.

So she sighed. She knew she had been neglecting him, had been a poor partner since Merlin's death; distant and cool, she'd barely given Jon any affection of true warmth, and had barely been around to spend time with him at all. She had become used to dealing with grief privately and alone, and perhaps it was a little difficult to remember sometimes that she had someone at her side so deeply in love with her.

"You know the guard will have a fit if you try and whisk me away without them," she told him. Since Merlin's death they had been even more stringent in their duties. "Though I suppose if the General himself doesn't make a sufficient bodyguard I don't know who would." She stood from her chair, brushing down the front of her skirts.

Jon Snow likes this.
  5. Jon Snow

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

It took a lot of effort not to scoff at Daenerys's comments. Compared to just about everyone in the Vales, Jon was one of the safer people to be around. His only allegiance was to his family, and Daenerys very much fell under that banner. There was still some slight apprehension in Jaime Lannister guarding her. The man didn't exactly have a great record with those he guarded. Four different kings had not done amazing with him serving as their royal guard. If Daenerys trusted him, Jon would too. At least, he would for the moment.

Today was not about deciding what he thought was right for her. No, today was just about filling her with happiness. Giving her something to think about. To just simply take her mind off whatever is troubling her. "I feel like the general far outranks your own personal guard. I would like to see Ser Jaime try to stop me," he said, smiling at her and extending his arm out for her to take. He wanted no more talk about Jaime or anything else that may trouble her. He merely wished to take her to a place where she could genuinely relax and enjoy herself.

Soon enough, the two had arrived at the entrance of a cave. Looking over at Daenerys, he gave her a kind smile and began to speak, "It's just through here. I think you'll enjoy it." Leading her into the cave, it was dark for only a moment before firelight began to shine them towards a path. As they moved closer and closer to it, the cave itself began to warm. The cave opened up into a large area with a hot spring nestled into its corner. On the floor were some blankets that Jon had acquired earlier that day and some chocolates and other assorted foods. "I know it may not be much, but I just wanted to myself for the day. Far away from the noises of Cascade Bay." As he finished speaking, he moved to place a kiss upon her lips. Hands gripping at her hips. He only hoped that she enjoyed this moment as much as he had.

6. "So would I, I think," she mused. Ser Jaime was decent with a blade even with one hand - he wouldn't have been offered his position if he was not - but Daenerys suspected that if it came right down to it, Jon would prove to be the more skilled. She had hardly seen Jon's own capabilities, but the man was General. No one would rise to such a position without being a savant in combat.

Sometimes, she was a little disappointed that Jon had not opted to be one of her guards in truth. Then again, she remembered Ser Jorah all too well. Sometimes it was not at all recommended to have a protector who saw a woman he loved instead of a figure of authority.

She took his arm and let him lead her out of the house and out of the city, towards, indeed, the very same private bay on which they had shared their first kiss. With the way that Dany felt these days, lost and a little like some part of herself had gone missing with the murder of her closest and oldest friend, it seemed like a lifetime ago that she and Jon had stood on the sand here, finally being open about how they felt. It certainly felt like a lifetime ago that they had even kissed that same way. Again, Daenerys had the saddening thought that she had been neglecting her relationship with Jon in her grief.

Through a very well-hidden path he took her, and she found herself in a place she had never noticed before, with an equally well-hidden entrance to a cave. For a moment, she was a little puzzled as to why he would wish to bring her to a damp, dank cave of all places, but she indulged him anyway without argument as he led her into the darkness. Before long, the solid shadows gave way to flickering firelight, and the air around them began warm and wet, and Dany immediately felt sweat begin to pop out of the pores on her face and the back of her neck. Wondering quite what this was about, she opened her mouth to finally ask before they turned a corner and her mouth dropped further.

Blankets, and plenty of food, with a fire against the wall to give off light. A pool of steaming water was in the corner, explaining the muggy heat of the air. Although Daenerys felt as though her dress was clinging in the heat. "A hot spring?" The first real smile of what felt like a long time touched her lips. "I've never been in one of those before." She turned her gaze from the steaming waters up to Jon's, and then down to the little arrangement on the floor. The blankets looked comfortable, seemingly there for more than just to keep the food from touching the stone ground. "When did you do all of this?"

Jon Snow likes this.
  7. Jon Snow

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

Not once in the two weeks since Merlin had died had Jon ever been upset with Daenerys. Her mourning took priority over everything else. It did not matter that they had not done anything close to romantic in that time period. Jon wanted her to heal as best as she could. His own feelings did not matter at the moment. Why would they? He was not the one who had lost a close friend. To make it about himself would be selfish. To not care about Daenerys's well being would be selfish. No, now was the time to help her heal.

There was a bit of worry that Daenerys would not enjoy the surprise that Jon had created for her. He was not exactly the most romantic type in the world. Hadn't had much experience with such things. The first woman he had loved had not exactly been one for such things. His first encounters with Daenerys had not left time for any sort of romance. Pandora had not even really given him the ability to do such things, as they both led very busy lives. So, he had no idea whether his idea was even a good one or one that would end very poorly.

That was when he saw the smile touch upon her lips resulting in one appearing on Jon's face. He had not seen her truly smile in such a long time. Far too long for Jon's liking. It also gave the man some relief knowing that his plan was not one of complete lunacy. After all, this had been purely for her. If he had come all this way just for Daenerys not to enjoy herself, it would have been a failure. Just one smile was enough to let him know that, at least for now, he had made a good decision in bringing out the woman he loved to the hot springs.

When Jon had free time, he had committed to making the most of it. He was not about to avoid potential alone time with Daenerys, especially if that alone time made her feel any better. Smile still on his face, Jon answered her. "Decided to take the day off and do this for you. Something about this seemed a bit more important if I'm being honest." It had taken some planning, but he was more than happy to spend time away from work for something like this. Something that brought a smile to her face. "Do you like it?"