HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Through the Heart

Discussion in 'Blackhaven' started by Stiles Stilinski, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Stiles Stilinski

Stiles Stilinski Teen Wolf

Helper at Daye Investigations
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    February 15th, Year 7 / 7:30 PM
    @Media

Stiles typed furiously in the chat, sighing at the screen. Work had been...average. They had some cases here and there; getting info from gangs, finding missing people, looking into some hauntings. The usual really.

The teen had managed to even go to space. Literal space. It had been pretty fun and as long as he pretended that things were okay inside—they were.

But now, he was putting away files while hopping around chatrooms. Surprisingly, he could find people that had good info, or were in need of someone to solve something for them. It did help him progress and do his own thing. His dad would have been proud of him.

So, it’d been while he was fixing one of the last reports, he saw that two people in the chat room had been arguing (well, one guy snapping and the other user was just silent), so Stiles decided to get in and break the fight off before it escalated and broke Starknet.

PI-Mischief: Is there a problem here, guys?

2. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Starknet, it was her blood, her waves of mass information from across the network of Pandora. Without it Media would have died off, without it she would have faded away into nothingness. As usual she watched it, watched it all unfold in her natural form. Following every little conversation. The affections for her mortal friend had faded off and restored Media to it's former glory and former discontent with life. The typical loneliness eating away at the modern god as it suffered alone without others of it's kind. No Technical Boy, no Mr Wold. Just Media, Media alone in the world.

There were all sorts of conversations happening and as per usual Media stunted it's boredom by getting into them. It seemed wherever she went in the chats she was starting arguments. How this happened she had no idea but it didn't really matter to her, at least it was something fun to watch. It appeared now that Media had done it again as two people went off on each other. The god sitting back and watching with mild amusement of causing so much trouble over such small things. Of course as usual there were also peace makers out there, coming into the chats to put some water on the fire.

Almost instantly without pause a message jumped up, so fast it seemed impossible for someone to have typed it that quickly and in fact it didn't need to be typed for Media. Media could speak through the social chats, not with it's voice but with it's words.

Media: Isn't there always a problems?

Media: Kids will be kids I guess and a few kids decided they needed to get into a little tizzy over another silly subject.

Media: Welcome to Staknet I guess?

Stiles Stilinski likes this.
  3. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    YOLO4EVER: This guy just doesn’t know when to freaking quit! I beat you at the game! You cheated!

ASHNEVERDIES: F*** off dude. I won fair and square. I did it my way, you did it your way! Why do you care? You were the one to challenge me.

Stiles groaned when they started arguing to when he typed his response. The two probably decided to ignore the others and the young man noticed that a few had been leaving the chat.

However, he noticed someone called Media reply to his question. Stiles frowned as he hadn’t noticed that name before. But for the heck of it, he decided to reply.

PI-Mischief: Well, you can definitely say that again.

It did look like it was two kids arguing over a game, something they probably made up to stop the boredom since there weren’t exactly online games or anything like that here (so far).

PI-Mischief: As long as they don’t threaten to do something even more stupid, I guess it’s okay.

PI-Mischief: Thanks, though I’ve been here for a while. What about you? You been here long, Media? (also, cool name) ;)

Media likes this.
  4. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    The argument was funny to the god, how petty humans could be. All this fuss over a silly game, how could someone take a game so seriously? Despite the two little brats screaming at each other as best as one could scream through text chat the third person was keeping calm and you had to appreciate that. It was only right Media gave them a little more attention.

Media: If they got too serious in their threats I would give them something more important to worry about, like why on earth their TV is talking to them. That tends to stop a fight before it gets too serious. I don't like things escalating out of hand, least of all on here. This is meant for people to enjoy.

Most of all it was meant for the god to enjoy, this was as close to a temple that Media had so far. At least until the Palace was constructed. As it sat there would be no fighting in this damn temple. Getting the compliment on the name however brought a bit of a smile to the gods face even if nobody could actually see it.

Media: I've been here since spring, mostly kept to myself but I'm trying to be more social. ;)

Media: Thanks by the way what is the story behind PI-Mischief? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

5. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Media’s reply was actually...interesting and pretty accurate. Even back home, you’d see people going online and either be trolls or threaten others because of pretty stupid reasons. Most of the times, they did it because they could and they were all anonymous on the internet.

But what peaked his interest was their response about the TV—did this person have some sort of superpower? Like electrical manipulation or something? Stiles bit his lower lip; he wanted to ask, but he didn’t want those two idiots to figure out anything.

PI-Mischief: I bet that would freak them out.

Stiles left it at that and then, the next reply he got caught him a bit off guard. Was this...semi-flirting or was he reading too much into it? Probably. But before he could type his reply, he saw the two people continue arguing and almost filling the chat up.

On a whim, he sent out an invite to talk privately with Media.

PI-Mischief: Same here. It’d been ages since I’ve been on a chat like this—reminds me of home, though with less...

PI-Mischief: That’d be pretty cool! But maybe we should take this to a different chat since these two have some things to work out.

Media likes this.
  6. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media: You have no idea, sometimes there is a temptation with such a gift but like all powers and gifts you have to use it wisely.

For a moment the arguing pair asked Media what the hell they were going on about and even insulted her a little about what sort of name was Media. They asked if they thought they were some sort of reporter or something to which Media just responded.

Media: No, not a reporter, something else though I could be a reporter if it suits the situation.

That only confused them more as they went off in a little rant before finally giving it up and just bickering with each other once more. Well that was that, primitive little brats.

Media: With less people feeling the need to act like children in public forums? I agree.

Media accepted the private chat request, it was as easy as turning the page of a book for her within the confines of Starknet. Once inside the more quieted chat room Media could let out a little of the tension building during the verbal combat.

Media: Ah, that is so much better. Less arguments, less drama. So now, you were going to tell me the background on your screen name right? After all I have you all alone.

7. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Stiles arched a brow at their response to those comments and honestly, it was kind of refreshing to see someone so calm, yet it felt that you wouldn’t want to mess with them. He couldn’t help but snigger at the other two’s responses, cause seriously, they are complete idiots.

PI-Mischief: If you was even more paranoid that I already am, I’d suspect that was your intention all along. :p

He was a bit paranoid, but he’d been in the chat way before Media got online. And he’d been skipping around chats, so they couldn’t be tracking him or anything. For once, maybe he just found someone to talk to.

PI-Mischief: But yeah—this is the screen name I use in Pandora chats and stuff. I work at a private investigations office, hence the ‘PI’ in my user name.

PI-Mischief: Mischief...well, that’s kind of embarrassing, but when I was a kid, the closest I ever got to pronouncing my real name was mischief. Super glad I’ve been using a nickname since then.

Media likes this.
  8. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media: Well now, that couldn't possibly have been my intentions ;)

She might have been playing a little bit of the mischief maker tonight but that was the nice thing about these virtual settings. She could be anything and everything with just a little less work and flash. It was lazy, she knew that but even a god needed a break from the shock and awe factor. You couldn't snap your fingers and make the world magical every day all day. Nobody knew how exhausting that was quite like Media who literally snapped her fingers and made the damn world magical all day.

Media: Oh, a PI, that sounds like fun.

He had mentioned the last half of it which actually surprised her a little, and her she thought she was chatting with a trouble maker.

Media: Awww, that is so sweet though.

Well he had given his story so Media would share hers.

Media: Alright so you showed me yours now I'll show you mine. My story isn't as cute or interesting but Media is my real name. I know it's an odd name but I didn't pick it. Call it a cruel trick of lineage.

9. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yeah...definitely not creepy at all.

Of course, when they responded, Stiles frowned a bit since...he wasn’t sure if they were saying it because they actually did find it cute or they were being sarcastic or insulting.

Thank God, they had a screen between them. When Media talked about their story, Stiles arched a brow.

PI-Mischief: I don’t think anyone chose their names...unless they never had one to begin with. Was it your mom or dad that gave you the name?

Media likes this.
  10. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Mom and dad? Media understood the concept of them and the fact others had parents but she, he, it never had parents. That wasn't apart of her world, she had a family in a sense. Mr. World and Technical boy were her family but not by blood. Only by the fact they were all modern gods.

Media: I don't have parents, Mr. World was the closest thing to family I ever had and then we got Technical Boy.

There was a flutter in her chest thinking about the pair, her dear beloved Mr. World and Technical Boy. She missed them, more than anything.

Media: I don't really know who gave me my name, it was so long ago.

11. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The reply about a ‘Mr. World’ and ‘Technical Boy’ made him frown again cause...what the hell were those kind of names? Media, he could get—it sounded like someone tried to change around the name Medea from Greek mythology, but now, he was wondering if it was something entirely different.

He used his brain, trying to think of why the weird names when he remembered that they mentioned something about the TV when those teens were arguing.

PI-Mischief: Wait

PI-Mischief: Are you related with the media or something? Is that what you meant when you said about their TVs talking? You’re not like a technopath or have a superpower like that?

Media likes this.
  12. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    He had asked her about being a technopath which made Media send a little laughing emoji simply because she was actually laughing and it could only come across through the chat as that face.

Media: Oh goodness no, nothing like that.

Her response was quick and so casual for a moment one might almost assume they had some sort of misunderstanding and she was just a normal person with a funny sense of humor.

Media: No, I am the God of Media. All about here belongs to me.

Quoting the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland. In a sense Media was the red queen and the white queen and all the queens all at once because their stories had been told through her.

Media: I hope that isn't a problem for you, I know some humans get a bit alarmed speaking with a deity.

13. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Stiles paused as he processed this info, since it was...weird. Media was saying they were the God of Media and that was—what the actual heck. Like, it wasn’t that far fetched since Pandora, but now he got curious.

PI-Mischief: So, you’re literally a God? How does that work exactly? If you don’t mind me asking.

PI-Mischief: Cause I’ve met supernatural creatures and stuff but never an actual god—and to be honest, I’m a curious guy and I really love researching on this type of stuff.

PI-Mischief: Of course, if you don’t wanna talk about it, I completely get it.

Media likes this.
  14. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Ah, it was so cute when they didn't know how to handle a god and nobody ever did, not even other gods. Literally there was no one and nothing to help you deal with a god. The were slippery devils.

Media: I suppose like all things work, in a very organized fashion. I was born from the love and worship humanity had over media. Movies, radio, it started with radio most of all. Families use to gather around my 'alter' and worship me by giving up their attention to me. Now it's computers, apps, streaming. Pretty ordinary if you think about it. How other gods are born, I'm no different, just modern, just new.

Media: Very few people actually talk to gods, a lot of crazy people think they have. Of course I've meet them all, name one and I probably have a dirty secret on them.

Media: Or a clean secret, it depends on what kind of secrets you are into.

15. Stiles Stilinski

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Stiles will admit, all that sounded pretty weird, especially when you thought about it. So the media—computers, TV, etc—was literally their alter of worship.

PI-Mischief: So, gods pop into existence through belief?

PI-Mischief: I think I’m good for now. If I recall a name or sth, I’ll let you know.

In the end, they talked and talked. About a lot of stuff. They talked about the supernatural, gods—how Media has some other ‘New’ gods as their family and that there are ‘Old’ gods as well. It’s kind of weird, but interesting, to be honest.

Curiosity grew and a suggestion for a video chat popped up. He accepted.

And Stiles swore his heart skipped a beat when he saw the man in the scene.

The End