By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Open To Bait a Trap

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Papyrus, Oct 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Papyrus

Papyrus Undertale

Royal Guard in Training
    Race:
    Skeleton Monster
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    October 13 108

This was his greatest idea yet. Papyrus was starting to settle down in Pandora, and the central hub so much of this place passed through was a wonder. Papyrus was already planning how he would contribute to the city and gain his fame. Puzzles. Lots and lots of puzzles. The more puzzles the better. Surely landscaping this magnificent city to be filled with hidden puzzles to boggle intruders and amuse citizens was the perfect way to secure his place in the hearts and minds of the various citizens! Puzzles were such an important part of life. No one would forget the name of the one who brought them to their city.

He had already prepped some rather basic puzzles. Moving tiles, a tic tac toe game, nothing too complex yet. Now, he was preparing his master piece. A shuffle shell game with his spaghetti as the prize. The complexity would be far too much for any average mind to grasp. They would be stuck before his puzzle, trapped and unable to move forward past his delicious spaghetti! He had spent all morning cooking up a large batch and taking out the very best to go into this puzzle. Two greasy burgers had also been purchased. and then carefully placed under cardboard boxes with question marks on them. Papyrus looked at the puzzle, frowned, and adjusted one of the boxes slightly. It had to look just right.

Alphys and Jon Kent like this.
  2. Jon Kent

Jon Kent DC Universe

Race:
    Half Human/Half Kryptonian
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

He honestly wasn't sure why he was here or what he was doing. He knew he felt a little lost and confused and a little afraid though he figured that was to be expected with such major changes. Jon needed to find something to do and quick before he got too bored or something. Though he wasn't sure what that something was.

"What ya doing?" He asked the strange skeleton, hanging upside down on one of the overhanging lights before dropping down and up-righting himself so the world wasn't so upside down anymore. The fact he was talking to a skeleton wasn't an issue. As if it was the most normal thing in the world - he'd dealt with weird things before, and he wasn't going to be mean or anything if the skeleton wasn't mean himself.

3. Alphys

Alphys Undertale
    Weeb Lizard

TroYA X Engineer
    Race:
    Monster
    That morning, she had already encountered what could, if you were feeling particularly generous, called be puzzles about the place. Many of them had been solved already by curious citizens happy to have a little bit of joy injected into their lives, as if they weren't really designed to trap anyone, or even really slow them down at all, but rather to provide just a brief moment of distraction. Just as she'd bypassed what looked to be like a simple word-search pasted to a wall, Alphys turned the corner and spotted them - what looked to be a human child, and a rather more familiar skeleton that was no doubt responsible for the trail of simple puzzles that led her there.

Both were a cause for some concern.

"He's, um, he's probably guarding," she piped up to answer the question as she approached, trying to look and sound like somebody who was confident and in charge of the situation, rather than a bundle of nerves stuffed into a labcoat, "or at least t-trying to."

Jon Kent likes this.
  4. Papyrus

Papyrus Undertale

Royal Guard in Training
    Race:
    Skeleton Monster
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Papyrus spun around, a wide grin on his face. He looked at first the child who had a terrific talent for climbing, and should be absolutely commended for it, and then the very familiar lizard monster. "I AM IN FACT HELPING TO PROTECT THE CITY! MY DAZZLING PUZZLES SHALL DAZE AND CONFUSE ANY INTRUDERS! IT SHALL STOP THEM IN THEIR TRACKS! BOGGLE THEIR MINDS! LEAVE THEM STANDING AND VULNERABLE TO THE GUARDS, WHO SHALL ABSOLUTELY ARREST THEM AND LECTURE THEM ABOUT BEHAVING!"

He looked extremely proud of himself. "IT IS WONDERFUL TO SEE ANOTHER MONSTER BESIDES MY BROTHER! ARE YOU HERE TO TEST YOUR CALIBER AGAINST MY PUZZLE? I WARN YOU, THIS IS MY MOST CHALLENGING ONE YET!"

Alphys and Jon Kent like this.
  5. Jon Kent

Jon Kent DC Universe

Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

Jon tilted his head. "So it's nothing bad then." He mused, though he could commend the skeleton for trying to stop intruders, it wouldn't always work. Still he wasn't going to dash the poor guy's hopes. "I commend you for trying to protect the city." He said instead, because he too tried to protect the cities when he could.

"Can I try these puzzles?" Jon asked, with a grin upon his face. Oh, right he forgot one thing. I'm Jon." He spoke to both the creatures before him, as if conversing with a skeleton and a - whatever the other one was - was perfectly normal in the entire world.

Alphys and Papyrus like this.
  6. Alphys

Alphys Undertale
    Weeb Lizard

TroYA X Engineer
    Race:
    Monster
    Alphys, being the sort of person that'd skip breakfast, looked curiously at the boxes. Two of which gave off the aroma of perfectly well cooked heavily processed meat, no doubt dripping with grease and meat-juice and quite possibly slathered with every imaginable condiment, topped with every available topping, all held in place by buns carefully engineered to absorb moisture and fall apart within seconds of being handled. As hungry as she was, Jon was there first, and expressed an interest in trying the puzzles first, so she nodded and took a step away from the mystery boxes.

"I'm Alphys. And this is, well, t-that's Papyrus," the little lizard-y monster stole a quick, curious glance up at Papyrus, before very quickly focusing her attention fully on Jon, "and good luck with the puzzle, Jon. It's, um, quite, t-the... um..."

She tried to think of something nice to say about the puzzle.

"...interesting?"

7. Papyrus

Papyrus Undertale

Royal Guard in Training
    Race:
    Skeleton Monster
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Papyrus puffed up. "BUT OF COURSE! I TRAINED UNDER THE CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD AFTER ALL! HOW COULD I DO ANYTHING LESS THAN THE BEST IN PROTECTING HERE?" Jon was very sharp and astute to see how wonderful Papyrus was at his job. Even commending him for it! Papyrus could have exploded with happiness. He knew that his puzzles would get attention! He knew that people would see what he was doing, and immediately know that the Great Papyrus was on the job! How could anything else possibly occur?

He wanted to try the puzzle! And Alphys actually looked mildly disappointed that she didn't get to do! Granted, Papyrus didn't know Alphys well. He knew Undyne liked her, and that she worked as the Royal Scientist, but they did not have a particularly close relationship. Perhaps something he should fix, seeing as she was so intuitive and capable of understanding his actions. "MY PUZZLES ARE FASCINATING! MEANT TO BOGGLE THE MIND! BEHOLD JON!" He gestured proudly to the boxes. "THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DIFFICULT PUZZLE. HIDDEN IN ONE OF THESE BOXES IS MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI, SO MIND BLOWING THAT YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE IT! TWO GREASY BURGERS ARE IN THE OTHER BOXES! YOU MUST FIND MY SPAGHETTI TO PASS!"

Alphys likes this.
  8. Jon Kent

Jon Kent DC Universe

Race:
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

"It's nice to meet you, Alphys and Papyrus!" Jon spoke as he peered closer towards the boxes. Was it unfair since he had a better sense of smell and could see through the boxes?

He did a little wiggle dance, "where oh where is the spaghetti." Jon sang as he wiggle danced, kneeling down and tapping the edge of the box in thought. He refused to use his x-ray vision but he could still smell well and it was hard to pretend otherwise even as he looked at the box and then pointed at it.

"The spaghetti is under that box."

Papyrus and Alphys like this.
  9. Alphys

Alphys Undertale
    Weeb Lizard

TroYA X Engineer
    Race:
    Monster
    Well, the taller of the two skeleton brothers did have a point. Despite how ridiculous the puzzles were, Papyrus was trained by the most confident, powerful, unflappably cool, wonderfully amazing, spear wielding, sword-fighting, tall, beauti-

She snapped out of it once Jon declared that one box in particular held the spaghetti and, sensing the opportunity to perhaps get some free food, the little yellow monster stepped up alongside Jon. While she didn't have any miraculous powers of her own, the smell of the burgers was easy enough to detect, but still she played along. Partly to make Papyrus feel good, but, mostly, because there was every opportunity she could accidentally get the answer wrong and enjoy a burger.

"That one? N-no, the spaghetti is clearly, it's, um, clearly under that one," she pointed at one of the other boxes, trying her utmost hardest to look deadly serious.

Papyrus likes this.
  10. Papyrus

Papyrus Undertale

Royal Guard in Training
    Race:
    Skeleton Monster
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Papyrus swelled in pride watching the pair examine his puzzle. Ha! He fooled the Royal Scientist! He was incredible to have foiled her brilliant mind with his puzzle! Jon seemed to put some thought into it as well, before proving he had incredible puzzle skills by selecting the correct box.

He let the suspense build for a long moment, looking between the two of them, before reaching for the boxes and tearing them off. "JON IS CORRECT! HERE'S THE SPAGHETTI!" Or at least something masquerading as spaghetti. It may have started off as spaghetti, and almost looked like spaghetti, but spaghetti isn't melted into a single solid piece, or completely red. The burger Alphys pointed out was not nearly as appetizing looking, fresh and hot and dripping with juices still.

"I'M SURE YOU'RE THRILLED TO TRY MY WORLD CLASS SPAGHETTI! OH, AND ALPHYS..." Papyrus looked at the monster in consolation. "I KNOW IT'S NOT NEARLY AS GOOD, AND RATHER GREASY. BUT IF YOU'RE HUNGRY YOU MAY EAT IT."

Alphys likes this.