By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Letter To: Day

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Nico di Angelo, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Nico di Angelo

Nico di Angelo Riordanverse
    The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Dear Daniel,

I got carried away with pie making for the season, and I thought you and Alex might enjoy this. Sorry if it's a little crushed, you can't really trust curriers sometimes.

Inside a brown paper packaging was a warm pie:

[​IMG]

PS: The Pie is okay to eat, I didn't tamper with it.

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  2. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

thanks for the pie! Ever considered a job in a bakery? You're really good at this.
    Also whaddya mean 'not tampered with'?! Is this a thing I should worry about?
    Fen liked it too, thought he communicated it through growls - he's Alex multiversal-halfbrother, moved in last month. If setting up a tent in the yard counts as that. But well, he's a kid, better us than somewhere dangerous...

Greetings, Day

3. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hey Day,

I used to work at the Sand Dollar Cafe before the calamity, that's where most of my skills come from. Though I've been thinking of a job change recently, the sword academy doesn't bring much business. So maybe I'll look for a bakery job or something. No, I wanted put that there so Alex didn't get suspicious of a pie from me, given our relationship.

Oh, I met Fen once on the street. He's a good kid, reminds me of myself.

-Nico

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  4. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

that sure is some good skill there – I got thrown off my first-ever job bartending within a month. Therefor, jewelry now. Never would´ve thought I'd end up in that carreer... take the chance, see where it leads. Albeit I guess it's good there isn't much demand for sword practice, since that means things are mostly peaceful. And you could always train me.
    Trust me to only tell Alex it's from you after she has eaten it. And if there's still doubts I can argue that you wouldn't poison me or Fen. The kid really is a good one, somewhere under all that anger and defiance.

Day

5. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hey Day,

Jewelry is good. I'd be up to training you in the art of baking, it's actually pretty fun and calming. It's not something most people back home would even think I was good at. Good idea, I wouldn't poison a friend anyways, even Alex. Anger and defiance, sounds like a younger me.

-Nico

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  6. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hey Nico,

I've thought more of training with a sword... but baking sounds good too. Never got to do much cooking in Republic and now there's two others to feed here.
    A younger Alex too - the resemblance is astonishing, despite the different looks. Guess it's the Loki part shining through.

Day

7. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hello Day,

Sword training is good too, I'm not half bad at it. I can give you some tips.
    Yeah, cooking is a good skill to have under your belt, perhaps you'll be a better cook than I haha.
    I think it's a Loki trait for sure. Kind of like the aggressive Ares trait.

-Nico

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  8. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

that'd great, thanks! Just need a sword first...
    And don't underestimate your skills. I'm coming from a place with very little available ingredients. I remember times growing up where half a can of meat scraps were all we had to feed 4 people for the next day, not knowing what'd come after.
    Ares sounds like someone I'd rather not meet. Though that is true for a lot of things.

Daniel

9. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hello Day,

I'm sure I can help you out with that. I know of a few places to get swords.
    You are right, sometimes I forget that. You have it better here now though, right?
    Yeah, you don't want to. Ares isn't someone you want to meet, he's an egotistical maniac who only likes to cause destruction.

-Nico

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  10. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

I don't even know if a sword will be the right weapon for me – all I ever had were knives. Good with them tho. Just want to try.
    Way better. Still haunted sometimes, but I don't think that'll ever go away.
    Sounds like just about every high-ranking military person I pissed off. Unintentionally. There seems to be an air of... rebellion around me that makes them dislike me on the spot.

Day

11. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hey Day,

Well, if knives work for you then that's good. It took me a while to find out that the sword was right for me. I actually leaned towards other weapons at first. I don't think the past ever goes away, sadly. Well, I guess that makes sense since he's the god of war.

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  12. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

well, they were all I had. That and whatever scraps I could work with. Don´t think anyone else could´ve managed under those circumstances. The past might never be gone, but what matters is to not let it shape you. I don´t think there ever were gods in my world. We humans managed to screw up just fine on our own.

13. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hello Day,

Even in your circumstances, it's good you managed to make it work. The past has probably already done it's shaping with me. When my sister died I changed from a happy-go-lucky child into what I am today. Am I proud of my mistakes and deeds, yes, honestly? But it made me who I am today. From my experiences, you're probably better off without gods in your world. All they do is mess things up.

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  14. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

I'm one of a kind. Literally. No one else in a hundred years of running made a perfect Trial score. Well, June did, but... she is from a rich sector. I didn't get prepared for anything.
    I'm not proud, but I'd do it the same anyway.
    About the gods... I don't know. Maybe they couldn't have made it better, but a lot of people could've used the hope of having some other power to make responsible than the enemy in front of you that you can't fight.

Daniel

15. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hey Day,

What are the trials, if you don't mind me asking? I guess so, I can't really say bad things about my gods since they're the only family I have. Dysfunctional and crazy as they are. I mean in a sense I have a new family here, you and Alex (As much as he's not too fond of me) I consider friends/family as well. There is a sense of hope when someone prays to a god, sometimes they listen.

-Nico

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  16. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

Family is family, no matter what. I'm glad to have one here, though I still wish my brothers would be around.
    The Trials are a mandatory test in Republic, occuring on your tenth birthday. Written, physical and a psychological exam. 500 points each and all but easy - the written part alone consists of 60 pages of varying questions, they measured everything possible down to the second. The score decides your future. If you'll even be allowed to go to college and which ones. Under a certain score... you end in a labor camp.
    Just that they don't exist.

Day

17. Nico di Angelo

The Ghost King

Baker
    Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Hi Day,

I'm happy to have one here too. To be honest, I feel the same way, I have my sister here now but sometimes I wonder if Pandora could bring back the other from the point before she died. I hope that's not too greedy of me. So it's like a gateway that only the lucky few can pass. That's terrible.

-Nico

@Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing likes this.
  18. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hi Nico,

I don't think that's selfish. We all have our favourite moments in life, the ones that could've gone on forever. There isn't really any good point left to get my brothers from – too much happened. Me dying. John dead. Eden experimented upon and left behind.
    Not even a gateway. There is no life beyond the Trial if you fail – you need 1250 points just to be allowed to attend highschool. 84 %. Less than 1000, they'll kill you. Thousands of poor children every year.
    And you know what? I didn't even fail. I had a perfect score. The only boy to make that since it got set up over a hundred years ago. They took me to the labs anyway, more valuable cut open for science than educated. Great birthday.