By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete together we're invincible

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Connor, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Connor

Connor Detroit: Become Human

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor made a small hum of appreciation as her fingers dragged through his hair, as that had quickly become one of his favorite things that she did. But to her question, he shook his head once. “No. Only that it might be strange for you.” Though get again, his length of existence may not have compared to the fact that he’d been an android in the first place.

Rey Solo likes this.
  2. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey gave Connor a deadpan look when he pointed out it would be strange to her as she continued to run her hand through his hair. "Connor, you were an android a couple of weeks ago." She pointed out with a grin. "I don't think anything about this isn't weird." She sat back for a moment, but with one hand still buried in his hair.

He had taken her by surprise really, as she had not been looking for love but it had found her all the same and she was so grateful for every moment they had together. "But I love you, so it doesn't matter."

Connor likes this.
  3. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

”...That’s a fair point.”

He chucked a bit, then, and leaned forward to steal another lingering kiss. She really was an incredible person, for being able to see him the way that she did. He would never not appreciate her for it.

“And I love you,” he replied easily as he pulled back. Then, giving her a small squeeze and a grin, “Your turn. Tell me something I don’t know about you.”

Rey Solo likes this.
  4. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It was easy to love Connor and she thought it was amazing how he'd stuck by her even though she had never given him much of a reason to do so. Not initially anyway. At first he'd been her only close friend and she couldn't put her finger on when it started to become more but she knew that it was much earlier than she had admitted.

Rey hummed and looked upwards to the leaves and canopies high above as she considered her answer. There was lots he did not know about her, or her life. She had kept a lot to herself and still did. She did not want to bring the mood down with tales from Jakku, so she went for something similarly weird, "I only knew I had my ability with the Force a couple of weeks before I was brought to Pandora." She held up her hands, as though to physically show what she meant.

Connor likes this.
  5. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor’s eyes didn’t leave her as she tipped her head back to look around. Instead, his eyes moved over the angles of her face, the slope of her elongated neck. A hand lifted, and smoothed her hair back behind her ear, and he smiled when she finally dropped her gaze back to his.

His eyes widened slightly, surprised by her words. The Force seemed such an incredible thing, he had only imagined it took a long time to learn and use. “Do most people have the Force, in your world?”

Rey Solo likes this.
  6. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey shook her head. She forgot sometimes that Connor knew nothing of her world, not that she was the best person at telling him all about it because she had barely been off Jakku herself. "No. Barely any." Rey scrunched up her face. Sometimes she felt the weight of the responsibility of her abilities, though it was easy to ignore in Pandora.

"Three of us at the last count." She said with a nervous look of her own. It felt strange to be saying that herself but she knew of no other Force users in their universe apart from herself, Kylo and Luke of course. She wasn't even sure of anyone who was Force sensitive in their world. "There's me, Kylo was one, then his Uncle Luke..." She winced, "But don't mention him to Kylo. They're not exactly on speaking terms." With that, Rey was still firmly on Kylo's side in terms of that night as Luke had, in her mind, tried to kill him for imagining his choice was made.

#46 Rey Solo, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Connor likes this.
  7. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Given that all three of those Connor knew from Rey's world were Force users, he could hardly be blamed for thinking otherwise. Still, it was interesting to know. He nodded, noting not to ever mention a Luke in front of Kylo, but his curiosity lingered.

"Did you have to do anything to get the Force? Or did you just... have it one day?" His brow furrowed slightly, thinking it sounded like the latter, but not really understanding how that was possible. There was probably a lot he didn't understand when it came to Rey's abilities.

8. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey scrunched up her face and looked thoughtful. It was something she had considered a few times but nothing she had a clear answer for. "Um." She began, about to launch into an explanation but she couldn't figure out where to begin. The first time she had been aware of her abilities had been on Takodana. "I think I've always had it, sort of. I always knew there was something there, but it was like it hadn't woken up?" She had no idea how to explain this. She had never used the Force before going to Takodana but she had always felt the pull to the light, even as a child. "But I never used it or tapped into it until just before I came to Pandora."

Rey drew a breath. This all felt like a lifetime ago, almost like a completely different person. "It all happened very quickly. I'd escaped from my planet with a man called Finn I'd only just met-" Her grin turned lopsided. "It's a really long story, Do you want to hear it?" She looked like she was more than willing to share the story, but she wanted to check he wasn't just being polite before she launched into the whole tale.

Connor likes this.
  9. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

To Connor, the Force sounded like some inert power that existed in a person, like Rey, just waiting to be used. He couldn't imagine what something like that would be like, or why Rey had been given the Force over others; maybe it was genetic, maybe random. But it didn't matter. It was a part of her, and he was just interested to learn how it had affected her life.

Though the story she started to go into seemed even more interesting. He was grinning when she broke off, and nodded eagerly. "Yes, I do," he replied. He leaned forward to press a kiss to her nose. "Tell me everything."

Rey Solo likes this.
  10. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey settled back with her arms hanging loose in the water, enjoying the warmth against them as she wondered where to begin, but then decided the only thing which would make sense would be to tell him about her finding BB-8 out in the sands as without that, she might never have chased Finn across the market and tried to get BB-8 justice for Poe. It had been her association with the pair which had driven her from Jakku; she had known they wouldn't know how to get off the planet by themselves so she had stepped in to help.

"I used to live out in the desert in Jakku, in a big AT-AT. The routine was the same, I'd go out in the morning, scavenge, trade what I'd found and then go home to eat, but one day I heard this droid in distress, well it turned out to be Beebee-ate..." She began, weaving the story right up until she had got off world with Finn and BB-8, having escaped the First Order who were trying to capture the droid at that point.

Rey smiled then, "Then our ship got captured, by a man called Han Solo - Kylo's father but don't mention him either- because it was his ship, but he had this creature on board which got out...." She continued the tale, how she and Finn had helped him escape from the smugglers trying to get Han to pay him and capture BB-8 in the meantime. She had thought that Han at first might not help them, but eventually he'd agreed to take them to Takodona after telling her that all the stories they thought were false, like the Jedi and the Force, were all true.

"Anyway, he took us to this planet, Takodana, and it was beautiful, like that planet we went to a while ago. I'd never seen that much greenery before. It was so wonderful..." She began to explain all about Maz's castle then the different things she had seen there; the different species and foods she had never seen before. "But then I heard this scream, I thought it sounded familiar so I followed it down to the basement until I got to this box. I can't really explain it, it was like I was in a kind of trance." She said softly, "But then I touched Luke's lightsaber and I started having a vision, I saw all sorts, myself as a child watching my parents leave, I saw Kylo too and some other Force users and there was this voice telling me they'd come back for me." She shuddered a little despite the heat. That vision still haunted her. She went on to explain how Maz had told her that she was Force sensitive and the Light side of the Force called to her, but that she had rejected it and run away with BB-8 at her heels.

But then, she stopped. She realised where the story had brought her and it was an odd point to be at for someone who had not been in their world. She realised the way it would now be quite odd for her to be describing what happened between her and Kylo given the context of their time in Pandora, past and present. She wet her lips, "I was captured by the First Order and interrogated... by, um, Kylo. In our world he worked for the First Order." Her eyes went to Connor's, "He tried to look inside my thoughts to find out where Beebee-ate was, but when he tried, I pushed him out of my head and I looked into his instead. When he left, I used a mind trick on a guard to let me go, I don't know where the idea even came from, it was like the thing inside me was awake and almost helping me?" She looked back at Connor then, realising she had been speaking for some time, "I know it's a lot."

Connor likes this.
  11. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

He waited patiently for her to begin, watching as she thought back on the events that had brought her here. He was almost surprised by how much he really wanted to know these things about her; where she'd come from, what she'd been through. Then, he supposed it was just a part of falling in love with someone.

And he listened attentively as she launched into her tale, truly amazed by the events she described. It read like a proper story, with ups and downs and crazy turns. And despite having little context of what her world was like, he thought he followed along well, smiling and nodding; until she reached Takodana in her tale. There, her memories seemed to take a darker turn, of visions of her abandonment, of being captured. By Kylo.

He frowned outright, his brow furrowing. He understood Kylo was a different person than Rey, and that he didn't exactly give off the impression of an upbeat do-gooder. But Connor knew interrogations; had conducted his own, against the HK400 deviant android early in his investigations with Hank. Still far from truly empathizing with a machine who insisted it felt something, he'd manipulated and threatened the machine into giving itself up. He'd been flawless, largely undeterred when the android spoke of being beaten and abused. He didn't like to consider Rey in that position, especially not opposite Kylo.

"Kylo... captured you?" He looked clearly concerned. "What was the First Order like?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  12. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey knew it was a long tale and one which really deviated from the rest of her monotonous existence. After all, each day had been much like the rest after she had got out of the Niima Outpost and from the day to day business there. Once she'd been big enough to scavenge that was what she had been put to work doing. She couldn't even remember now how old she was then, but she knew she had been much smaller than all the others. It was all a bit of a blur now.

She chewed on her bottom lip as Connor clarified they were talking about Kylo capturing her. "We were on different sides then." She explained, rather than justifying. "I tried to shoot him a couple of times too." She added then, remembering how jumpy she'd been on Takodana.

How to describe the First Order was another matter and she again looked a little uncomfortable. "It was a ruthless organisation. They wanted to rule the galaxy, bring order, all that kind of stuff." She said as she tilted her head to the side. Saying it out loud made it much worse than she had remembered it as. "Like I said, we were on different sides."

Connor likes this.
  13. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Different sides seemed to be putting it a little lightly. Though Connor was far from wanting to judge the man, given he'd help bring Rey back, he was still a bit confused. He took a moment, thinking his words through, not wanting to misspeak and accidentally hurt Rey.

"So how did... I mean, I don't need to know the details, but..." He squinted a bit, but ultimately gave a small, ironic laugh. "How did you go from that to marrying him?"

As much as he didn't want to dwell on Rey being with someone else, he thought this had to be an important part of her story so far. He drew a hand back to lay it above her knee, gently smoothing his hand over her skin in hopes of showing it was okay for her to talk about it.

Rey Solo likes this.
  14. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It was a fair follow up question- one which she was sure, had Finn ever showed up, would have been his first demand of her. On the face of it, she knew it sounded strange and at first she looked at Connor, unsure of what she wanted to say as she did not want to upset him or make him feel awkward. She smiled at his touch, spurred on a little by it. She didn't want there to be any secrets between them, not anymore.

"We spent a while on opposing sides, but I think when we came to Pandora there was no resistance movement or First Order so there was no point in fighting each other, so we started talking and became friends- but we were helped along." She hesitated, "On our world we'd formed something called a Force Bond- it's like a psychic link, but through it I could see who he really was, and what the shape of his future was. He helped me through a difficult time through the bond and he could even see who my parents were. We'd even killed the leader of the First Order together just before I left." They had both seen in each other, she thought, a mirror in a way, just with a slightly different outlook. Both were chronically lonely, but with a desire to succeed just with different ways and means to achieve it.

"Sometimes it hurts, here." She put a hand to her chest, "It's the effect left from the break of that link, it's never repaired." She said with a shrug, like it didn't matter, even though the pain of it did. "We don't have it now. He's from a time before we started working together in our world." She clarified as she did not want Connor to be concerned about it. While she had loved her husband, he was gone now and her memories were just that- memories. She was thankful to have Connor and she loved him; that was all that mattered to her now. Her hazel eyes rose to meet Connor's, searching his reaction and chewing on her lip nervously.

Connor likes this.
  15. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

He listened again, quietly but attentively, trying to absorb the information without letting himself get in the way. Even when she mentioned having a psychic link through the Force with him; something he only assumed that he and Rey could never have. He wasn't sure he quite understood what it was or how such a link had worked between the two of them, only that it must have been significant, for its absence to cause her physical pain.

"I've seen that, before. When you've been in pain." He'd never understood what it had meant, only that she sometimes had clutched her chest, in the same spot she traced before him. For a moment, he was quiet, watching her nervous expression as he sorted through his own thoughts. But really, there was only one thing. "I'm sorry, Rey. That sounds awful." He couldn't imagine anything like that; having a connection across souls to another person, and having it torn away. How devastating that must have been... explained a lot. Pressing his lips together, he tightened his hand on her knee in comfort. "Will it ever heal?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  16. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

When he didn't react badly Rey visibly relaxed and took in a long breath as she sorted through her own thoughts. She felt a little bad about never sharing things like this before, but they'd had so little time as a couple before she had been taken and they were not topics she might have suggested by herself for them to just discuss.

She used her hand to trace the length that the scar felt like it took. She had always felt it there, despite there being no physical scar. "I don't know. I don't think it'll ever go away, just get less painful over time." It wasn't exactly great to consider, given that when it did strike it was incredibly painful.

"It hasn't hurt as much recently." She then said, with a gentle smile on her lips as she looked back up at Connor, heavily suggesting he might have had something to do with that fact.

Connor likes this.
  17. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor nodded, conceding that she would know best when it came to a wound inside her own body. Even if it was hard to imagine that she would always hurt from a connection she’d had with another man, her following words drew a smile to his lips. He leaned forward to press his lips to hers.

“Well I’m glad,” he murmured, wrapping his arms around her middle snugly. “And thank you for telling me all that,” he went on earnestly.

Rey Solo likes this.
  18. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

When the bond had broken initially, Rey had been sure she was about to die from the sheer, utter pain she was going through. It hadn't ended like that in the end but she bore the scars all the same. She looked up at Connor, unsure of how he must have been taking all of this news. "Are you sure? It's a lot." She worried her bottom lip. She didn't want to overwhelm him and felt like if there was anything he was unure about or wanted to know more on then this was the time.

She carded a hand through his hair as she hummed, "My life was boring before I met Beebee-ate. I just did the same thing day in day out."

Connor likes this.
  19. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

He nodded, his expression softening as he could see her concern. A hand dragged slowly up and down her back, soothing, as he gave a small sigh. “I don’t love knowing that you could be in pain again, because he’s not here anymore. But I’m glad that I know how it all happened,” he reasoned.

He gave a little smile at her comment, and wished he could relate. But his life before Pandora, if you could even call it a life, had consisted of very little downtime. “Well, at least it’s not boring anymore,” he said gently. There was plenty to do and see in this place.

Rey Solo likes this.
  20. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey nodded, appreciating the honesty. She would have been taken aback if he hadn't been at least a little affected by what she was saying, "It doesn't hurt as much as it used to. Having you here helps." Having someone else here and someone else to confide in did help her wound given she was distracted from it some of the time and received the sympathy otherwise.

She tilted her head, "Have I told you what Jakku was like?" She asked, realising she probably had not.

Connor likes this.