By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Topsy Turvy

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Wally West, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Date- May 20th, year 7
    Tags- @Menolly

Wally sighed as he moved down the street, head buzzing with things he’d learnt in class and not for the first time wondered at what his ex-teammates were currently up to, he bet whatever it was was likely more exciting than his amble home from college. Wally ignored the hungry growling in his stomach as he made himself move at a slow pace so as not to cause suspicion among the crowd of students right outside the university. He fully intended to pick up the pace once he got out of there, maybe even take a stop at the local supermarket to replenish his dropping energy levels. It had been a long day after all, he felt he was justified in being tired even if his day hadn’t included hunting down and capturing supervillains.

Idly he pulled out his cell phone, planning on messaging Artemis to find out how her day was going and noted the time, she would be out of class in under half an hour. Wally slowed to a halt, his pale green gaze gaining the light that they usually held back to them and turned back towards the university quickly running through his mind as he tried to remember where Artemis’ class was. A moment later he was back inside the building, noting the corridor he was in was empty he began to run, allowing himself to gather momentum and shooting through several corridors at a high speed, before pacing himself as he made his way up several flights of stairs gradually slowing as he neared the correct floor, an idle smile gracing his young face. He reached to open the door to the corridor of the third floor but as he did so something caught on his foot causing him to stumble and crack his head on the door handle.

Groaning he went to his knees clutching at his now throbbing scalp and turning his head to look at what had a grip on him. His gaze fell upon something black, tendril like and for the briefest second he froze, wondering what fresh hell he’d got himself into but by freeing up the black tendrils managed to climb higher until he could see nothing but darkness. Then right as he was about to start fighting he found himself able to stumble to his feet, almost falling on his face as he did so as the the ground beneath him rocked, his phone flying from his hand to land on a wooden deck, while Wally himself went head first into some strangers stomach.

Menolly likes this.
  2. Menolly

Menolly The Chronicles of Pern

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    It had been awhile since Menolly had felt comfortable taking out her ship. Sailing was second nature, but that didn't mean the world was going to cooperate with her healing injuries either- and bad things tended to stack up before they'd gotten better. Almost a month had passed since her fight with Ward that had left her half-dead from his garrote wire so she was speaking without pain, though a low rasp still rested in her voice if she spoke for too long. That meant teaching harder than usual, and after a particularly long session had left her gasping for breath around her own vocal cords she'd taken a few days off.

It seemed best to use that time to go out to sea. At least there wouldn't be any need to talk, considering that Pacer was trained on hand signals, and the fire lizards could literally read her mind. It was so peaceful out here, even with the chaos of wind and waves, and she set her course for the calmer parts of the water. There was a steady wind and she managed to get her sail fixed in place, then turned her attention to stringing a fishing line onto her pole, the fire lizards cavorting in the water or sunning on the deck, with the hound resting in the shade of the cabin.

Then, out of nowhere, came a thud, followed by a screech of alarm from one of her faire, and she spun around, her posture defensive on alarmed reflex. No, it couldn't b-

Then the figure was slamming into her stomach and she stumbled, falling back against the railing of her ship hard, leaving her gasping. Pain and angry surprise flashed across her face as she scrabbled to hang on, nails digging into the wood to keep her on the ship. Somehow she managed to spin herself to the side and avoid toppling over the starboard side and turned to face her surprise visitor again, eyes narrow and intent on them. Not Ward, at least, that was a good thing- but then, who was it. "If you're from HYDRA you made a really stupid decision coming here," she told him point-blank, but there was still reason in her tone, and the vague hope that she would be proven wrong. "Who are you?"

Wally West likes this.
  3. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Even as he stumbled into the other person the red head was desperately fighting to find his balance, for a moment using the other person to prevent himself from falling on his face before the lurching floor sent him staggering backwards and instead of landing on his face he landed on his arse with a groan of pain. It was then he realised why the ground just wouldn't stay still, he was on a boat! His pale, green eyes widened and he stared at his surroundings with a wild look upon his face as he started"What- How- I was... College... Now- Boat-"

His words were stuttered together as he tried to get over the shock of finding himself in this new place and then he cut off completely as the person he had stumbled into faced him. He realised he'd nearly knocked them off the boat in that minute and half opened his mouth to apologise even as he caught the look of anger upon her face, but then she was speaking. He didn't know it was possible for his eyes to grow into even larger saucers but they did and raising a hand from the wooden deck in an attempt to placate her he was responding"Hydra? What? Hey lady I don't know who you are or what you're talking about!"He glanced about him again in a wary fashion before saying"Hell, I don't even know where I am! Except that somehow I am on a boat! How-"

He cut off trying to draw a breath, trying to stop the rapidly raising speed of his heart. His raised hand was still held out, palm first as he continued to try keep the woman away from him as he organised his thoughts.After a brief pause Wally tried starting again, speaking quickly but forcing himself not to speak at super speed though he almost slipped into it in his desperation"Look I was at my college, walking to meet my girlfriend after class but something grabbed me.... And now I'm on your boat... I don't.. I don't know how I got here, where even is here? Somewhere out at sea obviously, but where is the nearest town? Does phone signal work out here I need to message my girlfriend..." Wally's voice sounded calmer than he felt, though the expression on the young man's face gave away just how freaked out he was as he tried to figure out what an earth was going on.

Menolly likes this.
  4. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Once, she wouldn't have thought to question this story, but some people were such good liars that they could pull it off- yet this guy seemed so sincerely confused. It wasn't in her nature to be sullen, suspicious and bitter about coincidences, especially when things were so wildly far-fetched and out of nowhere. The idea of HYDRA dropping someone onto her ship and pretending to be new to get her guard down just for simple revenge was insane.

But then, so was Ward.

Nevertheless, she wasn't about to press an attack or get physical if she didn't have to, just in case. There was always space to be both careful and understanding, and if the situation called for changing that, she always could. And the more she let him talk, the more familiar the story became. His first attack really was more like a failed stumble that landlubbers seemed prone to on a ship's deck. Evidence was mounting up, but that didn't mean that she knew everything she needed to.

When he mentioned his phone her eyes went to it. Text his girlfriend? Sweet, but dangerous- and if he was being sincere, pretty pointless too. Her interest in it spurred Rocky, the largest of her bronzes, to sweep across the deck and pick it up in his two front claws, then glide to her with it and drop it in her hand. "Forgive the intrusion, but I'll see that for myself," she told him, half-stern and half-apologetic as she turned on the screen. A picture of a young man, much like him, with many others in some kind of fanciful place of lights and colors. A swipe, and a picture of the same person, wearing rat ears and standing comfortably with a girl. Her brow furrowed in bemusement at it, and she managed a warm, nostalgic smile.

Sighing, she glanced away from the phone and offered it back to him. "I really do apologize, but sometimes things aren't what they seem here. Don't worry, you're not in any immediate danger- unless you try something on my boat," she told him finally, calmer and with a small, reserved smile that reached her eyes despite its hesitance. "Welcome to Pandora. I'm Menolly. I'm sure you have a lot of questions."

Wally West likes this.
  5. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    The way the woman was looking at him, it was like she expected him to pull out some kind of weapon from thin air! Wally was good, but he was not quite that good and at the back of his mind he wondered what had happened to this woman to cause her to act this way. But her facial expression did gradually soften, if only slightly though he could see her gaze was still full of wariness and as he mentioned sending a text to his girlfriend one of her flying lizard creatures grabbed his phone from where it had fallen on the wooden deck. It was then he began to wonder if he should be wary of this woman and also in that moment the that he noticed the beasts she travelled with. Wally was used to weird things, he was used to very weird things but the flying lizards looked a little like actual dragons and yet he found himself still able to exclaim"Hey! That's mine!"

When the beast snatched his phone up, suddenly wary of loosing his only contact to those on shore. But the creature brought the device to the dark haired lady, who took it with an apology about privacy and yet Wally was distracted by the fact the lizards had brought her the device without her having to even issue a command, was she somehow linked to the creatures with her mind? A moment later he noticed the woman was looking at his phone and he opened his mouth to protest but her face was gaining an expression that looked like bemusement which caused a ginger eyebrow to raise slightly. A sigh escaped the woman and she stepped towards him, again he found himself wondering if he should react differently to just sitting their eyeing her with a wary eye.

Except then she was offering his phone to him and suddenly his face split into a wide grin as he accepted the device from her, responding to her words"You're OK lady, lets be honest whatever dropped me here did not drop me in the most elegant ways and I can understand how it could be perceived as a threat. You can breathe easy though, I don't intend to harm anybody..."Even as he responded Wally had taken his eyes off her to look at his device he noted that his phone had signal but no known signal on which to send a message to Artemis.

Great, just my luck!
    He thought to himself, but then he caught the woman's next words as she introduced herself and welcomed him to a place called Pandora. Wally decided to climb to his feet then saying in response to getting her name"Menolly, nice name! Very musical sounding... I'm Wally... What was that you said about Pandora?" He tried to think if he'd ever heard of a place called Pandora before even as he found himself asking"What's Pandora near? Like country wise? Do you know how far away from the USA it is?"

Menolly likes this.
  6. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    She could breathe easy? It was both a nice and somewhat interesting thing for him to say. At least he understood why she wasn't falling over herself to be welcoming and that was a lot better than the alternative could have been. No screaming, no anger, just a nice, calm sense of understanding, that sometimes things took a turn for the unexpected but that didn't always make them madcap or pleasant- or so she had to guess. Rare were the people who could take being dropped into a strange place, have their phone taken and still respond with a smile once things were straightened out.

"Well met, Wally. I could say the same thing to you. You're safe, so long as you're on my ship," she assured him, the bronze fire lizard who had brought her the phone now perching on her shoulder and resting his head on top of Menolly's as he gave a croon. Yes, Rocky, that was good, well done, she thought and sent him an impression of her approval, leading him to nuzzle his nose into her dark hair. "But you're right- a surprise isn't inherently good just because it is surprising. And in Pandora things can take a wild turn very quickly."

As he started to rise she offered him a hand, just in case the rocking deck was likely to send him back on his rear again, and smiled a bit wider when he didn't seem to need it, letting putting her hand on her hip instead. Her expression became more sympathetic to his plight, and she glanced at the phone again. He didn't seem happy with it; maybe he couldn't find the person he was looking for? How technology managed to work was still something of a mystery to her, but she knew that sometimes it had to be shifted to Pandora's ways just as much as the people did. "USA? If you're asking about a place that's on Earth then I don't think we're anywhere near it," she admitted, reaching up her other hand to pat Rocky. "Pandora's an entirely different world from any other."

Wally West likes this.
  7. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Her response to his words about himself not being a threat allowed him to offer the woman a smile, his pale, green gaze briefly glancing to the mini dragon like creature on her shoulder as it nuzzled her and he wondered once again at her status as a dragon lady. Her words about surprises seemed reasonable and there was the Pandora mention again. He hadn't missed her offered hand when he'd been clambering unsteadily to his feet, yet when he'd managed without it she had not been offended, if anything she had seemed pleased.

He could feel her eyes watching him, but then she was responding to his words about Pandora and the way she phrased her first answer was enough to make Wally's stomach start to gurgle uncomfortably, or perhaps it was the rocking motion of the ship? Wally wasn't sure. His gaze went to the lizard, dragon, thing she was patting, watching the creature as she finished and felt his heart plummeting within his chest. He was stuck in another world entirely, it didn't even seem to be another dimension but a completely new world.

How the hell did this happen? Someone must of grabbed me and brought me here, which only means earth must be in danger!
    His thoughts cut off as he spoke more to himself than the dark haired woman watching him so closely while trying to keep the sudden anxiety out of his voice"Ok, so new planet, a planet I've never even heard of... That's a new one but not impossible to deal with... I just have to get off planet and back to earth."

His pale, green eyes fixed back on Menolly as he spoke"There is a way off planet right? Like spaceships and things?" If I can get a spaceship and someone to pilot it then I can probably travel through space back to earth... His thoughts were flying through his head at a fast rate as he considered his options, for the moment coping with the new, weird situation he'd been dropped into after all this was not the first time something weird had happened to Wally.

Menolly likes this.
  8. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    While they stood chatting some of the other fire lizards had flown back from their dives into the water and landed on the railings along the edge of the ship, small fish held in their jaws and claws and eyes swirling in curious orange and bemused blue-green. A stranger was enough to set them wondering and Menolly could feel the faire in the back of her mind, all mildly wary interest as Beauty huffed from her spot in the shade and they settled into their lunches. If the queen told them that things were fine, they believed it- or at least they'd obey. By the time the rest were done with their fishing things would be calmer, certainly.

Menolly was distracted from concerning herself with it by the way that the man's face seemed to fall at her telling him the truth, and she understood that entirely. The smile she wore turned half-apologetic as he spoke, her green eyes glancing from her fire lizards back over to him as he continued. It was natural that he wanted to go back home; she had too, when she'd finally stopped panicking enough to think through what had happened to her. Everyone had that time, it seemed- that, or some kind of existential despair that came of imagining that this was death, or worse. She almost wished she could let him have that hope for awhile. But was that really better than knowing what everyone else saw as basic fact? At least he'd know what he was up against.

"There are spaceships, yes. Various people have them, and there's stories of them reaching different celestial bodies- but no one has found another planet, or even a way past a certain point. The people here come from all kinds of worlds, with all kinds of different gifts, but no one's found a reliable way to get back yet," she offered helpfully, smile widening slightly. The yet was, hopefully, something that Wally could grasp onto and hold to heart until he found something worth looking into. "If it helps, I've heard of Earth before, and that's because so many people are from it. If you want I'll take you to the shore, there's towns and things. You can start looking for your lady."

Wally West likes this.
  9. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    She'd picked up on his slowly descending mood, her smile was now apologetic looking and he could feel the nasty feeling in his stomach getting worse at the expression on her face. His pale, green gaze narrowed as she started responding to him, informing him of the bad news and gradually cutting holes in his hope. She was telling him there was no way back, that there was nothing near this planet, that earth was likely so far away that whatever magical being had brought him here had successfully trapped him there. At her words his legs grew weak, he wondered if they were going to collapse under him but instead he staggered back to the ships side where his hands found a grip to keep him on his feet. Ok Wally, calm down... Its not all over... You can find a way, you always find a way... You just need to stay calm and figure this one out... He told himself sternly and then Menolly was speaking again, clearly attempting words of comfort.

His gaze raised from the wooden deck where it had fallen at her words, fixing on the woman's face, despite himself he was comforted to know he was not alone here as a person from earth and with her words at finding his lady he realised it was possible whomever had sent him here had also sent the rest of his team to be trapped here too, if that were true then reuniting with them was his best bet. His pale, green gaze regained a spark of hope and he straightened responding"Yes, that would be helpful thank you... If my friends are here... If my girlfriend is here... I need to find them and these towns you mention sound like a good bet... Although, I can wait for you to finish up whatever your doing out here, I don't want to get in the way if your doing your job or whatever you were doing before my untimely arrival."

He paused then feeling awkward, not wanting to be a hassle to the woman. Briefly he turned towards the ocean, gazing out over the vast expanse of water and missing land which did not bounce around beneath his feet. Then turning back around he was peering about him, noting just how many flying lizard, dragon creatures there were about the boat now and suddenly unable to resist his curiosity he asked" What are they? Your flying lizard, dragon friends.... You're surrounded by them... Are you some kind of magical dragon lady?"

Menolly likes this.
  10. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    An overwhelmed look passed over his face and he started to stumble and with a quick step she started his way, but he found his way to the rail and she waited a moment to see if he'd steady himself before moving closer. Sometimes it took people awhile to get their sea legs and he'd had almost no time before being subjected to an actual sea current. Menolly barely noticed the sway anymore unless it was uncharacteristic in some way, but she'd put enough landed people onto her ship before to know that she was biased in that regard. She'd spent so much time around the water that it wasn't that much of a surprise.

Fortunately he seemed to catch himself, even if she was a little nervous about him going over the side, and she shifted closer to him and picked up Rocky, setting him onto the deck carefully before glancing at her unexpected visitor. That was very polite of him, and she appreciated the inherent courtesy in his words, but she shook her head. "It's actually my vacation, so work is the last thing you're bothering me about," she joked, a gleam of humor in her eyes. "You don't have to apologize for anything. We all end up here without a say in the matter. People were kind to me; it would be horrible if I were rude to you in turn. Why don't you sit down, back against the rails? It'll help with the waves."

With that she stepped closer again to shoo one of the fire lizards out of the way and reached for the line that held her sail in place. Loosening it from its ties and shifting it to another spot, she then going to the sail's cross-brace. Pandora Town was larger and more populated, but Cascade Bay was closer- so which one was the better option? As a rule it was so much easier to get from the larger town to anywhere else, and it was safer and more populated, and she set a southwesterly course. He was asking about the fire lizards and she smiled wider at the question. This was a topic she could easily exhaust someone on- and yet, she took the chance, every time.

"On Pern we call them 'dragonets', or 'fire lizards'. They're smaller than dragons, but just as clever in their own way," she explained, then laughed and shook her head quickly at the last part. "It's not magic at all! I hatched them, and they Impressed, that's all. Some call it 'telepathy', or 'psychic bonding', but we didn't have those words. There's no special talent to it, at least. If you feed them when they hatch, the bond is made. Do you have creatures like that, on your part of Earth?" She'd heard so many contradictory stories about the place she wasn't quite sure what his version of the place would be like.

Wally West likes this.
  11. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Oh, he'd interrupted her vacation, a guilt flooded through him as he tried to decide if that was worse than disturbing her at work or not. But before he could apologise she was telling him not to, that he had nothing to apologise for, that none of them had any choice in the matter which made it sound like everyone in this place had been snatched by some force. His brain hurt, none of this made sense, but then so much in his life did not make sense so perhaps he needed to stop attempting to make sense of things. He took the woman's advice and allowed himself to sit, pulling his rucksack from his back so he could lean against the rail more comfortably, holding it to his side. His pale, green gaze watched her work, controlling the craft with ease and skill Wally was a little envious of and then she was smiling at him as she spoke of the dragon creatures.

Wally decided in that moment that he liked how her face lit up as she began to talk about the flying lizards, he also liked the tone her voice took as she spoke of the creatures and could hear the obvious love she held for her creatures as she spoke. He nodded before saying"They're fascinating and pretty...You're lucky you have such a connection with them and it is obvious you have such a connection, the way you talk about them it is inspiring to see." At her question he laughed before responding"Nah, well regular people don't... But I have a friend, Conner who has a crazy friendship with a giant white wolf and some crazy space orb.... He likes collecting strays, it's sweet considering he's the big buff guy with anger issues but I suppose he feels a connection with them considering how like them he was a bit of a stray himself when he was young..."

He leaned his head back against the railing, glancing up at the sky, a growling sensation had started in his stomach reminding him he'd not eaten in a long time and he had no idea how much time had passed since he'd arrived in this weird place on this boat. Idly he unzipped his bag, reaching past all his college books to a secret pocket at the back where he kept his 'Kid Flash' suit. Quite casually he pulled an arm of the suit into the main compartment of the bag and opened the pouch where he stored some specially made for speedster energy bars, one of which he lifted out now before tucking the arm of the suit back into its secret pocket and zipped up the bag. That done he casually opened the bar saying"You don't mind if I eat this do you? Only weird things happen if I don't keep eating regularly..." He was going to eat the bar whatever she said, but he felt it was always polite to ask first.

Menolly likes this.
  12. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Turning back to him she raised her hand and patted Rocky, then gave him a mental nudge to send him to the deck, just so she wouldn't risk slipping in a wave and tumble him down, or make him dig in with his claws to prevent it. The last of the faire was coming over now, summoned by Beauty and they landed here and there, the ten perched where they could find purchase. "Thank you, that's very kind," she told Wally, in absolute agreement with him over the fire lizards. "It sounds like you have interesting friends, and sensible ones. Animals make more sense and judge far less than people."

In Menolly's experience having a bond with another living thing that felt your fear, anger and anxiety had a balancing effect on the human, so long as they cared about the creature in return. She still recalled how her faire, barely past hatchlings, had flown into the boarding house to drag out her pipes, or had attacked the bullies at the Gather Day when she was angry and afraid, nearly hurting themselves both times. If you were a good person and knew that something you loved was in danger, you learned to control those impulses for their sake, if not your own. So she smiled in understanding at Wally's story as she tied made sure the sail was locked into place and the ship turned, bearing around to the new course. For now it was roughed in, but in time she'd have to finesse the bearing, so they went to the dock and didn't crash into it.

Once he pulled out some food her expression turned a bit sheepish and she shook her head quickly. Oh fardles, she was being rude, wasn't she? "Please don't mind me, go ahead," she said, walking over to the cabin's entrance and pulling down a waterskin from the shaded interior, waking Pacer in the process, who stretched and gave a little, yawning whine. Skin in hand, she went to Wally and offered it to him. "I'm sorry about that. Here, have a drink. It should be pretty cool, and it's better than the salt water. If you want, I have some hardtack and jerky, and maybe some fruit.." Was there more canned stew? A contemplative look crossed her face at that and she glanced toward the cabin again.

Wally West likes this.
  13. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Menolly was fast becoming someone Wally liked, she was polite, made intelligent conversation and her love of the Fire Lizards around her was commendable. On top of that she complimented his choice of friends and he smirked in response, thinking of Conner at her words before giving the tiniest of nods, his thoughts drifted to the friends he needed to find. But as he asked about eating food her expression changed, even as she encouraged him and he quickly he unwrapped the bar, beginning to munch his way through it, watching as she briefly reached into the cabin of her little boat. He wondered if he'd said something wrong for a moment, already finishing the snack bar as she returned with apologies and water, which he accepted gratefully. Taking a couple of gulps even as he listened to the rest of her words, then holding the skin filled of water he was saying"You don't need to apologise... My food intake is... Abnormal to say the least my friends always introduce new people to me saying they're going to have to get used to watching me stuff my face..."

Then considering her face and the way she looked back towards the cabin he added"Though I rarely say no when food is offered, you do not need to inconvenience yourself or use up your supplies on me when you may need them in the future..." He ignored the hungry growls of his stomach, the energy bar would carry him over till they got to land so long as he did not use up to much energy which sitting here on her deck he wasn't so he made himself finish in a serious tone"Seriously, the bar will do, its designed to- well its designed to be filling... I'll be fine until we get to shore and then I can figure something more filling out." He cut himself off, partway through the sentence, wary of exposing himself even to this wonderful, helpful, intelligent young woman.

Menolly likes this.
  14. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Fast metabolisms were nothing new to her; how could they be, when she had raised ten little eating machines, felt their hunger in her mind after they'd hatched and spent weeks supplying food for them? One person, who was polite, able to define what they wanted to eat at that moment and explain what was going on was much easier to deal with. Shaking her head and holding up a hand in a gesture meant to tell him that he didn't have to apologize she left him with the skin and ducked under the boom to the cabin again, grabbing a couple packs of crackers and a bag of dried fruit. "I've got plenty, and it's only a couple days until we get to the Pandora Town docks at most. If you feel really guilty I can always put you on fishing detail later," she assured him with a bit of a laugh.

Pacer finally decided to follow her out, the hound ducking under the boom a half-second after her and sniffing the air in Wally's direction, though he didn't approach yet. Unlike the fire lizards, who saw the bags and immediately eyed them expectantly. Well, it wasn't their treat time anyway, they could wait. Smiling, she tossed the bags toward his feet anyway, despite his protests. "Well, if you feel like treating the faire, these should work. And if you want to snack in the meantime, I promise I'll pretend not to notic-" She stopped short as she noticed something on the horizon moving fast- not a storm, because it rode on top of the water, and not a monster, because it kept to a straight line.

Turning away from her guest quickly and with a brief look of apology she grabbed onto the mast and stepped up onto the crossbeam, grabbing the pegs she'd set in for just this purpose and taking out her Kingsmen glasses, brushing the arm to get a closer look. What she wasn't good, and it was coming their way. "Shards and shells, they have the least convenient timing," she murmured to herself, irritation crossing her face as she put the glasses back into her pocket and jumped down, a prickle of nervousness running up her spine.

Wally West likes this.
  15. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    She was bemused by his efforts to protest, he could see it in her eyes even as she left him with the water skin to return to the cabin and he could hear her rummaging about in there. Idly he rubbed a hand over the back of his neck, a little embarrassed that she was going through such efforts for him. He half listened as she spoke from the cabin, his gaze fixing on all the creatures still hanging out on or around the boat when he heard her mention how long it would take to get to Pandora Town. A few days? I've never moved so slowly- His thoughts cut off as she re-emerged, the animals aboard the ship taking an interest in what she was carrying and Wally like the beasts was sitting up a little taller at the sight of what she carried. When she tossed them at him he quite casually leaned forwards to catch them, returning her smile though still feeling embarrassed to be mothered so.

But then her gaze fixed on something he couldn't see from where he was sat and she cut off, sensing a change in mood Wally's smile faded, the look she wore on her face was not good. Idly he ditched the snacks, in his rucksack and holding onto the side of the ship he pulled himself back to his feet saying"What is it?" But she was just walking away with an apologetic look and Wally was turning to gaze out over the water, his pale, lime eyes scanning for whatever she'd seen when he saw it. Something was moving in the water in an unnatural and fast rate, a sense of foreboding washed over him almost at the exact time Menolly spoke again. Wally frowned a moment before asking with a mock cheerfulness"Its trouble isn't it? And it's coming for us? Just my luck..." He shifted before going on in a slightly more serious tone"This craft of yours, can you make it go faster?"

Because if it goes faster maybe we can outrun them and we won't have to fight which would mean I wouldn't be forced to expose my other identity to you..
    . The thought continued silently in his head as he watched the movement become less of a speck and more of a dot which he knew was heading in their direction. Wally took a slow breathe, he wasn't scared or nervous, he was ready for whatever was about to happen and turning away from where he'd been watching the approaching trouble he spoke"Tell me about your crafts defences, maybe I can help in some way? Or do we have to wait until their attempting to jump aboard and send them for a swim instead?" His voice was lighthearted again, but his pale, lime gaze was calm, collected suggesting that he'd seen some kind of action before.

Menolly likes this.
  16. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    She gladly would have answer the new arrival if she had a chance- but he seemed to catch on quickly enough on his own and she gave him another apologetic look as the gravity of the situation clicked. Poor man, he was stuck on a boat, hungry and tired and with no idea where he was, surrounded by darling but strange dragonets and a woman who had assumed he was an enemy. And now, approaching quickly off to one side, the possibility of enemies and greater chaos was quickly becoming a certainty. For the love of little green dragons, how had she ended up on such an ill-starred day? Ah well- days were days, you took them as they came.

"If this is your usual luck maybe I'll just keep you fishing for the rest of the trip," she joked dryly as she glanced over at her faire and gave them an intent look for a moment. Inwardly she steeled herself and commanded them to take flight between, back to the familiar sands of Cascade Bay and the little cave in a cove the faire had claimed a few weeks ago for a sunning and fishing spot. There was danger in the air, and while they would gladly try to defend her, that wasn't something she could ask of the small dragonets. They rose into the air and with a small popping sound each disappeared from the sky. At least they were alright.

Looking back at Wally she shook her head at the question of speed. "Only as fast as the sails can push, there's no motor," she told him. "Defenses are- whatever I have that I can get creative with, and the element of surprise, plus seeming completely inconsequential. They must be desperate, going after small fish like me." It was true too; this was no spectacular yacht or large shipping vessel, and what pirates wanted to waste time on small potatoes when there were so many nice, large ones? But now they were, reasonable or not. "Don't worry. I'll think of something."

Wally West likes this.
  17. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    It seemed she was a woman akin to his heart, able to joke when things appeared bad and that only made Wally grin, amusement in his pale, lime gaze. But then it was straight back to the serious stuff as she told him no the ship could go no faster and their was no high tech defence system of the ship. She told him it wasn't all bad though they had the appearance of being inconsequential on their side and the element of surprise for whatever they came up with. As she told him not to worry the amusement flared back up in his pale, lime gaze for it was ironic that someone would tell him not to worry given who he was. Idly he glanced up to the sails, then towards the trouble heading their way and then he drew in a breath before saying calmly"I'm not worried... I was reviewing my options...."

He ran a hand through his red hair then before continuing"You have something they don't Menolly... You have me and I am much more useful than I look, turn the ship towards them.... Have the sails fully out... And trust me..." He moved towards his discarded bag as he finished"Prepare to have a lot of wind power, we'll go give them that surprise personally... Aim to ram them with your larger craft if you can..." Reaching into his bag he grabbed his yellow suit, pulling it from the bag he became a coloured blur and then the next minute he was stood there in his Kid Flash costume. Looking at the sails a determined expression settled upon his face as he murmured to himself"You can do this Wallman, you got this down...." Then he was moving, starting by running in a tight circle to produce wind, gathering momentum he slowed, but kept his arms moving, directing a constant, powerful gust of wind into the sail which had an immediate effect on the ship's sail.

Menolly likes this.
  18. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    He was thinking, which was probably a good thing- as long as he didn't go too far off track priority-wise. He seemed like a nice enough person and to have a good head on his shoulders but they'd met all of ten minutes ago and that wasn't enough for her to really know what his motivations were. After all, 'leave the boat' was a perfectly viable option if you knew how to swim forever or could breathe underwater, but that didn't mean he was aware she couldn't. And she didn't want to leave the Winged White anyway; it was hers, she taken care of it for years and if anything could be called a home, it was this. She didn't fighting pirates for its sake.

As Wally continued to talk she gave him a quizzical look- not really skeptical, but also wary about being too optimistic at taking his words for their face value. Still, if he thought he had an option she was willing to take it, and as he started whatever it was- 'wind power'?- she moved toward the steering of the ship. He turned into a blur in the corner of her eye and he was dressed in a completely different outfit, very much like the occasional 'superheroes' she'd seen here and there. A memory of one of the Schola's students came to mind, but Menolly didn't have time to chase that line of thinking. The pirates were still on their way.

The deck under her feet almost vibrated as he blurred again, giving her the impression that someone was moving very quickly, and for a moment she worried about the wood under him was going to combust- but there wasn't time for that either as wind filled the sail. It was amazing, and the ship jarred forward until the aft almost left the water completely, dipping the foredeck nearly under the surface. "Shards!" she exclaimed, then quickly ran around him and to the sail's rigging, loosening it before the wind tore the canvas, then back to her wheel to start the turn toward open waters and away from the approaching vessel. "Nice trick, but be careful!"

Wally West likes this.
  19. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    He had caught her look of scepticalism and had only offered a wide, mysterious grin in return. He had not dared look her way when he first changed into the Kid Flash costume, not wanting to know what this intelligent, dark haired young woman was thinking of him. For Wally knew that in that moment he had to prove to her that he was worth listening to, that he was worth believing in and that he was going to help her. All he did not was she had listened to him just a little bit, being at the steering counsel and then as he had started the process of gathering energy to produce a strong wind, to hear her exclaim as she unleashed the energy he'd gathered into the ships sail. He grinned in response, though still kept his gaze focused on filling the sale, in setting them in motion. His muscles twinged slightly at the movement, protesting the high level of sudden activity without a proper warm up but he ignored it. Then there was movement around him and the sail was moving, shifted by the rigging being moved or changed by Menolly.

He took the chance to glance away from what he was doing, looking briefly towards the woman as she returned to the steering wheel and the boat started to turn. Wally's gaze fixed on the sail again, as he also made sure to keep himself well balanced as the boat turned while he continued to move his arms in such a way to keep the wind billowing like a funnel into the main sail, pulling them forwards. She complimented his move and warned him to be careful, to which he found himself smirking in response to saying "No worries, I have it all under control..." He noted fairly quickly that Menolly had not followed all his instructions, she was not using her ship as a battering ram choosing instead to turn away from the fight and use what he offered in the hope of outrunning their opponents. Wally supposed this was fair enough considering it was her ship and she probably wanted it to sustain as little damage as possible but he was wary of the running away option because if their hunters did not grow bored of the chase they would catch up with them eventually, he was only one man after all with only a limited amount of energy.

For the moment though their retreat seemed to be working a gap was opening up between the threat and them, they had clearly not expected a burst of speed from a vessel like Menolly's. Wally could not help the quiet confidence that they would lose the pursers that was slowly filling his gut, but then there sound of the wind and ocean was broken by a loud crack. The sound was all to familiar to Wally, the sound of a sniper rifle going off and normally he would of moved to avoid the shot, but this time he had been unsuspecting of the shot. The bullet caught him in the bicep of one of his extended arms, the force of the bullet punching into his arm was enough to send him staggering to one side, a cry of pain erupting from his lips. Abruptly the wind lessened as he stopped sprouting wind funnels and instead clamped his free hand over the wound which was seeping blood, his teeth gritted in pain, his pale, lime gaze rising to fix on the sail as the wind faded and it stopped billowing outwards.

Menolly likes this.
  20. Menolly

Harper
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Of course she didn't want to ram the ship with her own ship. They were days worth of sailing from the closest shore and even if it went perfectly there was every chance she'd open her hull, sinking the Winged White and leaving them treading water, either to be picked up by the pirate's compatriots or- worse- no one at all. Even with a generous swimming forecast of 'everything going perfectly and none of the giant sea monsters that lived in the waters eating them', it would take a week at best. They'd die of thirst first. So no, she was going to try and get away, and close the distance. At least they'd be closer to shore if the worst did happen.

Besides, she could do the mental math. Before long they'd be caught, the motors were faster than wind power under every circumstance that was safe for the wooden sailing ship itself. This was nothing but buying time, hoping that preparations could be made. Now that the sail was actually lined up for the breeze she could let it be and see to those things. Turning on her heel she rushed over to the cabin and pulled out her bag of tricks, then set it on the deck and started pulling out various things. Two unassuming gold lighters that would explode spectacularly with the right pressure. Her handgun. Two knives. Lastly, a very thin wire with two weights- her bola, made from strong fishing lines and old weights. At least they had a couple little things to defend themselves with.

The crack of a gunshot drew Menolly's attention and she whipped around to look as she ducked closer to the deck, counting on the railings and the overhang to break up her form enough to keep her mostly safe. It seemed that her guest wasn't as lucky and the wind started to sputter as blood poured from her arm and she crawled toward him, reaching up to grab his uninjured arm and try to jerk him down toward the deck as well. "Get down, you're still a very bright target," she told him intently, peering between two of the banisters and toward the other ship. "We're going toward the cabin. It'll take them a few minutes to get here and that's the best place to avoid bullets."

Wally West likes this.