HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Totally Not The Disney Princess You Are Looking For

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Eleanor Shellstrop, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Eleanor Shellstrop

Eleanor Shellstrop The Good Place

Oct. 21st Y6
    @Elsa

Sure, watching some guy you were walking behind suddenly get snatched up by vines and pulled away was rather alarming and only reinforced her idea that she was still in some weird twisted version of the bad place, but she wasn't going to pass up a chance to relax! Yeah, maybe she should have turned the wallet in and not sold off the rather nice watch the gentleman dropped, but what was he going to do, miss it? As far as she could tell, when you got yanked out, you were out for good, at least until you weren't again.

With the handsome chunk of change she had found herself with, Eleanor had decided a mini vacation to help get her head on straight was just what the doctor ordered, and lucky her, there happened to be an island not far off with a resort! There had been next to nothing to pack, so she had managed to book a reservation through someone in the main town and took the nearest sci-fi arc teleportation to the island and now here she was. Beach front, lounging, drink in hand, and just relaxing.

Here there were no points to worry about, no Michael, no Chidi, no Tahani making her feel like a bench. No, the only thing to worry about was her empty margarita. Raising her sunglasses, Eleanor looked around, rising from her lounge. "Of course there is no one around, guess even resorts can't be perfect here," she muttered. She would have made a comment about what she was paying, but it wasn't like she had earned the money.

The ocean was crashing against the shoreline as the tiny bikini clad blonde roamed the beach while trying to savor the very last drops of her drink. "Come on, did I just lose everyone? What kind of place are you guys running here? Dead or not, a girl can enjoy a drink!" There were people around, she had seen them, but of course, if this was the bad place, it would be just her luck that no one was around, leaving the beach feeling far more private than she cared for.

((Forgot what date we had picked, let me know if you need changing!))

Elsa likes this.
  2. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Elsa had to admit, parts of Cascade Bay were beautiful, even if she found it hard nowadays to really appreciate anything. The past week had been filled with nothing but trying to locate Anna, after Emma had revealed that she was here too. It was impossible to imagine…her own sister, alive and well! The problem was, she had no idea where to start looking on the island. She wanted so much to find her, tell her how sorry she was, hug her properly for the first time in years, and not as a frozen statue.

She had tried a few streets, but now was searching around the resorts, which strangely were void of people, despite its claims on various signs about the amount of customers it usually had. One or two staff members were dotted around and Elsa questioned them, but to her dismay no one had seen a girl fitting her sister’s description.

Elsa ventured further out, onto the beach. She was reminded of her first day here, and how lost she’d felt. Now she had a chance to make things right, if only she had something to go on. The beach was, as before, empty, luckily for the blonde, as she would’ve unknowingly looked very out of place in her ice dress among the bikini and shorts clad population that normally visited.

“Oh, Anna…I will find you…”
    she whispered, clutching her hands to her chest. That was when she heard it, the voice. It was easy to hear even on the vast sands, due to its loudness. But that wasn’t what stunned Elsa; it was Anna’s voice. That was all that mattered, and she foolishly didn’t even consider the words spoken.

She turned around and saw a lone figure walking around in the distance. Hurrying towards them, Elsa only realised with a crushing disappointment that the person wasn’t who she hoped only after she’d blurted out, “…Anna?” Close enough for the (very underdressed) woman to hear.

(I hope this is okay, your date was fine!)

3. Eleanor Shellstrop

Eleanor eventually gave up and stood there, pouting and looking around. It wasn't The Good Place, so maybe the lapse of good service was the reason she was now on a beach, buzzed, and not getting any further than that. Out of shrimps and booze, she began to head back to her spot on the beach, oblivious to anyone else until she heard the woman.

If she didn't know any better, wrong name or not, the woman was directing her attention to her. Part of her wanted, and certainly the "old" Eleanor would have, kept walking, but instead she decided to be the better version of herself and stop. Better didn't mean the greatest, it just meant not ignoring the obvious help this woman needed. "Your lessons worked, Chidi, you better be pleased with yourself up there," Eleanor muttered to herself before turning to face the stranger.

Raising a brow, she gave the tall blonde a once over and shrugged, the buzz certainly didn't work against her in opening up. "No, but maybe I could be if you asked really nice," she joked, laughing a little at that as she studied the rather detailed dress on the woman. "Bit, uh, out of style for the beach, don't you think your majesty?" Eleanor began walking towards the woman, "Tell me, gorgeous, who is Anna?" What could be said? Eleanor liked them tall, didn't matter what else they had really, tall was a weakness like that damned tall giraffe back in that mansion from where she had come from.

Elsa likes this.
  4. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    The sheer awkwardness Elsa felt was almost enough to make her back away from the woman, had she not so suddenly blurted out Anna’s name to someone who clearly wasn’t her sister. Unfortunately, the other blonde stopped, muttered something she couldn’t quite hear and turned around, raising an eyebrow.

Still thinking of a way to get out of this misunderstanding, she didn’t catch or even understand the first of the woman’s sentences, but she caught her studying the dress she’d fashioned. The second comment got her attention, as she glanced down at her gown. What was wrong with it? Perhaps it wasn’t what people wore here, but to Elsa, it was the blonde who looked…how did she put it, out of style? She wasn’t impolite enough to admit to something so bluntly though. And how did they know she was royalty? Had someone told her? Unless that was sarcasm?

“Well I…it’s…” she started to try and say but couldn’t find the words.

Although Elsa was normally fully composed, as the woman walked towards and her called her ‘gorgeous,’ any attempt at remaining civil went out of her head. Gorgeous, her? Was this woman…no, she couldn’t be, could she? Elsa had no experience with flirting or anything of the sort, so she couldn’t clearly tell. Fortunately, the blonde gave her an opening.

“Anna is…she’s my sister. I was looking for her, and I thought you were her, from the sound of your voice,” her hands twisted together, as she hoped to diffuse this situation quickly and be on her way. She wasn't sure whether they had been serious on their...pursuit, so she merely added, "I'm sorry to have wasted your time."

Eleanor Shellstrop likes this.
  5. Eleanor Shellstrop

The look on the woman's face was puzzling, either she hadn't understood the sarcasm or Eleanor, with her big mouth, had actually just called out a royal. She fumbled with her words a bit after, leaving the shorter of the two blondes just smirking away, watching her trying to gather her words and form any sort of sentence. It was almost cute.

Flustered by the little flirtatious comment, a topic was finally settled upon in the potential queen's mind, and it was whoever this "Anna" was that she had somehow been mistaken for. "Ah, yeah, no, definitely not your sister here. Only child." And not a royal one at that, she wanted to add, but something in the back of her mind told her not to say that.

Now, Eleanor was not used to caring much for other people's issues, from an early age she had been on her own and looked out only for number one, but that damned little voice in her head that had been developing over the past few months was starting to chime in again as she watched this woman become more distraught. "Okay, so there's someone else on this rock that sounds just like me. Do you have anything else to go on?" She asked, taking a quick glance around the beach to see if just maybe this sister with her voice had appeared. "Names usually are helpful, like I'm Eleanor, and miss Queen of the Frosty Hair is.... ?" She tapered off hoping the woman would pick up on the hint and give her name. "Look, I'm feeling a rare bit of compassion here and might be able to help you out, but you can't just run up all hopeful and then flee the second things don't go your way, its rude." Yes it was, and she had done that many times before, but the lessons she had been taking were slowly paying off. Who would have thought?

Elsa likes this.
  6. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    The smirk on the woman’s face did not help matters. Either they were known for making jokes or just enjoyed flustering and confusing people. But this was a situation Elsa would never have been ready for, but now she was doubly unprepared since she was on an important mission.

“Yes, I, uh, I realised when I saw who you were,” she replied awkwardly, still barely believing she’d blurted out her sister’s name like that. Despite her earlier apology, it began to frustrate her that the stranger was wasting valuable time.

Fortunately, it seemed the woman had stopped joking around and had become more serious, asking more about Anna. She paused for a moment as the woman trailed off, focused on the description she'd given of her hair, mainly the ‘frosty’ part, (but it was okay, it was just a comment, her powers hadn’t flared up here.) Her frustration with Eleanor, as she introduced herself, faded to embarrassment as the woman had picked up on her initial course of action. It hurt to hear a voice that sounded just like Anna’s; Eleanor’s straight-forward tone wasn’t unlike the one her younger sister had used at her ice palace when she...

“Oh, I’m Elsa. You’re right, I’m sorry. I would be grateful if you could help me.” She tried to give a smile, but it faltered as she continued to speak. “And yes, I know it’s crazy, but Anna sounds so much like you. I know she lives around here, in Cascade Bay. She’s shorter than me, with strawberry blonde hair…that has a white streak.” The last part was difficult to say, but it was a distinctive feature she had, again, thanks to her powers.

7. Eleanor Shellstrop

Man this woman was easy to fluster, a quick smile, little flirtatious joke, and she just about loses herself. If she hadn't felt so bad for the woman, something she had to admit was a little out of character from the way she used to be while she was alive, Eleanor might have kept testing the limits of what this girl could take. Then again, it was rare moments like this that all those boring-ash lessons shone through and proved that she was indeed learning something from Chidi and his plethora of pretentious and boring as heck books!

"Elsa?" She repeated it just to make sure she had gotten it right, at least for now. Either in a few minutes or the moment the woman was out of sight the name would be forgotten like all the others. In the attempt to stay polite and helpful, she tried not to roll her eyes. "Okay, so, sounds like me, red hair with some emo streak in it and maybe my height," she paused, glancing around the beach, "Oh, and actually answers to the name Anna." She chuckled a bit at her last comment.

There were finally a few more bodies on the beach, one or two that Eleanor would not have minded getting to know a little more, but again, points, she needed them if she wanted to try and get out of this shirthole of a world and back to The Good Place. "Well, I'm not seeing anyone here that matches that description," she muttered, peaking over her sunglasses before nodding to a short, slightly more tan woman with dark brown hair. "That her?"

"Hey! Anna!" She shouted to see if the woman turned around. She did, but the look on her face was more of one to see who was shouting rather than a response. "Maybe she dyed her hair. How old is your sister anyway? That rebellious stage where they try and seem deep while adding all sorts of shirt and colors to their hair?"

8. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    “Elsa, yes.” She repeated back to Eleanor. Perhaps her name was not a common one wherever the woman was from or she merely wanted to remember it properly. She was still tense, always cautious; one wrong move and her powers could be exposed to Eleanor. Her new acquaintance thankfully was still in a more serious mood, but it was clear she regarded Elsa with some puzzlement, considering their previous interactions.

She nodded at the woman continued to talk, feeling a little hopeful as they remembered everything she’d said about Anna, although she had no idea what an ‘emo streak’, as Eleanor referred to the white strand in her sister’s hair, was. She decided not to comment on it since the woman had begun to scan the beach, and Elsa noticed more people had joined them. Her heart leapt slightly with a brief surge of emotion, but it was dampered as Eleanor shared what both were thinking; no one here really resembled Anna. She noticed the blonde point to someone and before she could say anything, shout across the sand to a stranger.

Elsa sighed at the person’s response, grateful that they barely reacted, but raised her eyebrows at Eleanor’s suggestion Anna might’ve ‘dyed’ her hair, in an act of rebellion. Well, her sister was far more daring and brave than she, but the woman was talking as though dyeing your hair was something everyone did. And what did a shirt have to do with hair colour? Perhaps she thought that was the reason for her sister’s white streak?

“No, Anna’s hair is…it’s not…” she started, unsure of what to say. She wasn’t going to admit Anna’s strand was because of her. “I don’t think I’ve even heard of people dyeing their hair where I’m from. So I doubt her hair colour has changed.” But who knew how long Anna had been in Pandora? Could she have discovered new, more unusual things and changed? Elsa hoped it wasn’t true, as not only did she think her sister was beautiful the way she was, it would make her even harder to find.

“Well, the last time I saw her she was seventeen. She always was someone who was determined, and strong.”
    A sadness crossed her face as she tried to describe Anna…how long had she gone without truly knowing her sister?

#8 Elsa, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:16 PM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 4:16 AM