By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private treats, no tricks

Discussion in 'Pandopolis' started by Carrie White, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie
    someday, someone will know her name

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

October 31st
    @Scott McCall

She'd spent the past few days fidgeting, restless. Even sewing hadn't helped, since she had worked on her dress for this...bash? Carrie didn't like Halloween; memories of their house being egged or people banging on the windows, screaming, had seen to that. Not to mention it seemed to be a day for people at school to make extra fun of her; after all, it was a day for "freaks."

But Scott wouldn't take no for an answer, much like Tommy had for prom. This was why she was convinced something was gonna go wrong. However, Bo had been excited for her, supportive that she had a friend who cared, even going with her to pick the material for her dress and accessories for her hair. She'd even shown Carrie how to do make up that was more than a basic look - she hadn't worn make up since that night.

Her hair was curled slightly throughout, with a decoration threaded through her hair. A dress that was fitting for Halloween; it had been a challenge working with the lace. There was a contest, she'd heard, but Carrie was much too shy to completely dress up; she didn't want much attention.

She and Scott had met earlier and were just on the cusp of joining the crowds. There was a beautiful tree in the centre, lined with various decorations. Orange lights were strung up above, giving the area a warm, homey sort of glow. She had her hands clasped to her waist tightly as she looked around, clearly nervous.

"It's so pretty," she said out loud.

Scott McCall likes this.
  2. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf
    not all monsters do monstrous things

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yea, it is!" Scott nodded, "do you want to put something on the tree?" He asked her, noting that she was nervous and all he wanted to do was to chase those nerves away. He'd invited her because he thought she might enjoy it, and the girl deserved to have some fun, and he would make sure she was safe.

Nothing would happen to her while he was around.

Bo had also given him the 'speech', the one that if anything happened to Carrie then she'd have his hide. Thankfully he was trusted enough and he'd gone to pick up Carrie before they arrived here. And so here they were, and Scott couldn't be more happier.

((ooc// i need to find him a costume or something lmao))

Carrie White likes this.
  3. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

She looked to Scott at his suggestion, and shyly nodded. She had no idea why he wanted to spend time with her, but he was nice and had helped her that day in the woods. Like her, he also had some abilities.

As they made their way through the crowds, she asked, "I've never been one of these before. Did you ever do much for Halloween?" She thought he must have, since he'd been excited to invite her to this.

Carrie didn't have any Halloween decorations, but she took one of the roses from her hair, and approached the tree, hanging it on one of the branches, a small smile on her face.

Scott McCall likes this.
  4. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    That was what he figured, though he hoped this one would make up for any she had missed.

"I used to go trick or treating when I was a kid. When I got older it became more about making sure my town was safe." Before he became a werewolf, he would hang out with Stiles on this particular night which wasn't unusual because he would do that almost every day. The two boys were inseparable, and while he wished they hung out more here, it was a good thing they didn't.

It allowed both to stretch their wings.

"If you want to try anything you just let me know, okay?" Scott smiled as he took an ornament and placed it snug in between a few of the branches and then stepped back to admire his handiwork.

((ooc// one challenge complete))

Carrie White likes this.
  5. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Carrie looked as though she understood, but truthfully, she'd never been trick or treating - no one ever invited her or probably even thought about her, unless it was to play a prank. "Sounds like you cared a lot about your town," she pointed out, a hint of admiration in her voice. Until Pandora, Carrie didn't think she'd ever cared about anything; it always just led to her getting hurt.

She watched him place a decoration on the tree too, pleased he was taking part, not doing it just out of obligation for her. "We could, um, get a drink? They have cider or somethin' - I don't really know what that is," she admitted bashfully, seeing the sign near the table - she'd never really drank or even asked about it. The closest she'd got was to the spiked punch at the prom.

Scott McCall likes this.
  6. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I did. Even though there were some in town that were mean, I believe everyone has some good in them." He'd shown that time and again, with the alpha pack and former enemies. Except maybe Kate and Peter but there were always exceptions.

"Cider is usually made from fermented juice of apples. There is alcoholic and non-alcoholic though I haven't really tried it myself either. I'd prefer non-alcoholic." Scott lead her over and got them two drinks, handing her one. He couldn't get drunk because of his healing, and he didn't want Carrie to experience getting drunk this evening either so non-alcoholic seemed like a wise choice.

Carrie White likes this.
  7. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Carrie couldn't say the same - no one in Chamberlain cared, but it was nice to see not everywhere was the same. "I know that's true here."

Her face lit up in interest - even to something as simple as how cider was made. She really was a sheltered person and it showed. She agreed silently with Scott - she didn't want to lose control. She smiled in thanks and took a sip, the bubbles tickling her nose. "It tastes just like apple juice, but with bubbles," Carrie couldn't stop herself from giggling, "Well, I guess it would if it's made from apples."

Scott McCall likes this.
  8. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "But not back at your home world." Scott spoke softly. He knew bits and pieces, but not every detail.

He brought the cup to his mouth and took a sip, and he was not prepared for the bubbles that tickled his nose when he almost inhaled the liquid. "You know, I wasn't expecting that. I was kinda expecting something a little more tangy." Scott coughed a little, rubbing his nose but laughing to show that everything was okay.

"It's actually kind of nice." He commented, even as a shadow zipped by, a mass of black fur against him. Black cats weren't unlucky, despite superstition and he went down to pet it except it already ran off. Darn.

Carrie White likes this.
  9. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"No," she answered. He wasn't trying to pry, just wanting to understand. Maybe it was better he knew, so that if he did cross her (which she somehow didn't think he would), then he'd know why. "No one was kind, or wanted to try."

She was amused that he was as baffled as she was, but her eyes flashed with concern as he coughed. He was okay though, she soon realised. "Yeah, it kinda tickles," she offered sympathetically, still smiling.

Carrie stiffened as the cat came into view - not because she was afraid, she just wasn't used to animals. "Too bad you couldn't pet it," she noted at Scott's attempt. Someone walked past, carrying a carved pumpkin. "I always wondered how they could light a candle inside those things, and not have it burn up." She might not have celebrated, but pumpkins were outside everyone and their mother's porch in Chamberlain.

Scott McCall likes this.
  10. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Scott had nothing to say to that. What could you say anyway? "I'm glad you are here and not there anymore." He said firmly, glad that his friend had escaped that horrible town.

"Guess the cat just wanted to be like 'you can look but you cannot pet'." Scott replied, all in good nature. "Usually they cut the top part and then scoop all the insides out. They often use a small candle so it fits in the pumpkin a bit easier."

Carrie White likes this.
  11. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“Me too,” she agreed. Maybe there was a time when she wished she wasn’t anywhere at all, but now Bo was here again and she had met people like Scott...yeah, this really was a better place.

Carrie grinned at him giving a voice to the cat; she liked writing and poetry, but had never thought of doing that before. “Oh...that makes sense. So, the insides, they’re um, edible?”

Scott McCall likes this.
  12. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    He was glad she shared his sentiments because he really was glad she was here. Her shy nature reminded him of Kira, but that wasn't the reason why he wanted to be her friend. He liked her for who she was, plain and simple, though anyone who knew him knew that he just liked people.

"The seeds you can! Plenty of things to do with them, and they're good for you too." Scott replied. "We could see if they have any." Then he paused. "You're not allergic to anything, are you?" Because there was no way he would get her a snack that could have detrimental side effects. This was supposed to be a nice night out.

Carrie White likes this.
  13. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“I’d like that, and no...I don’t think I am,” she looked around to see if she could a place that had them and spotted a table of dishes laid out with little bags of them. She pointed them out to Scott, and made her way over. They were advertised as roasted and salted. “People cook seeds like that?”

She shook her head, chuckling awkwardly at her comment. “You must think I lived under a rock or somethin’ before comin’ here, all these questions I'm askin’.”

Scott McCall likes this.
  14. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yea. It sounds weird I know." Scott headed over to the table and handed over some money in exchange for a couple of bags of roasted and salted pumpkin seeds and handed one over to Carrie.

"Not at all. I don't think that in the slightest." Scott shook his head in emphasize because that was not what he thought. "I think you're more inquisitive and that is a good thing." He added - it would be entirely hypocritical even if he thought otherwise as there were things he didn't know about. Such as when he ate a huge glob of wasabi which boy oh boy had he had regrets after that incident.

"I want you to be able to feel safe and comfortable asking things or talking about things, okay?"

Carrie White likes this.
  15. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He wasn’t put off by what she might have seen as pestering him. She smiled in thanks as he passed a bag to her, and she fumbled with it as he spoke. “You really think it’s a good thing?”

She looked at him, and saw how serious he was about wanting her to feel relaxed around him. “Okay,” she repeated, staring at him for a moment more before she bit into a seed. “This…is actually pretty good.” It was tangy, but not bitter.

Scott McCall likes this.
  16. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    "Yea, I do." Scott nodded, and he was glad that she took his word for it because it was just him being honest and supportive of his friends.

"I heard there will be a light show tonight. We could watch that if that was something you'd be interested in?"

Carrie White likes this.
  17. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Sometimes, it still felt weird she could do things without being bullied for it. But with Scott, his words immediately put her at ease, enough for her to lightly joke with a grin, “Let's see if you say that after the hundredth time I ask somethin'.”

Like many things, she'd never seen a light show before. “Sounds amazin',” she smiled. “...y'know, I was scared of comin' here, but I'm really happy you talked me into it.”

Scott McCall likes this.
  18. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    He smiled in a good natured sort of way, "do I start counting now or?" A gentle tease and he reassured her that this was all that was and not actually what he felt by his expression. He'd learned more about what Carrie had been through, and that was something he was more keenly aware of whenever he did something. The last thing he wanted was to make Carrie feel like he was like the rest of those jerks at her old school.

"I'm just glad you gave me a chance. Well that and your mom, Bo." Bo had made sure that Scott was good enough to take her daughter out tonight.

Carrie White likes this.
  19. Carrie White

Carrie White Carrie

Freelance Sewer
    Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Carrie laughed at his good natured teasing, a real laugh - something she didn't do often. She really was having fun, being out here with Scott, at an event full of people - something she never thought she'd do again.

“Me too. And Bo is really good at knowin' people; like seein' the good in them. She did that with me.” Even though Carrie had pushed her away many times, Bo had never given up on her. “Looks like the show is startin' soon,” she said, seeing a numer of people setting up in the distance.

Scott McCall likes this.
  20. Scott McCall

Scott McCall Teen Wolf

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    True Alpha Werewolf
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    "I'm glad about that too. Otherwise who knows? We might never have gotten to be friends. That and you deserve to have someone as nice as her to be there for you." Scott was sincere in his words, rarely ever did he feel the need to lie and for this it was pointless.

He looked and sure enough, people were setting up. He quickly ordered two hot chocolates with extra marshmallows and walked with Carrie to a spot that would give them a good view of the fireworks. "Thankfully they have things in place to make sure nothing goes wrong."

Carrie White likes this.