HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Trouble translating game mechanics into an application

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by InclinedToServe, Dec 24, 2017.

1. InclinedToServe

Student
    I've started work on an app! Problem is that the character I'm applying has a lot of stuff I need to interpret to logically have it wo k outside of a game. That's not why I'm here though.

Transistor's combat system is based on versatile combinations of the 16 main abilities, called functions. Red can only use a limited amount of functions at once though. Now how does she alter the ones she has loaded into her weapon? She needs to change them at a save point!

While I could just say that restriction is there for gameplay reasons, the problem is that they give an in universe justification for this, in that save points are access points to the "grid" of the city the game takes place in.

My question here is if there'd be anyway for Red to change her active functions while in Pandora, due to the obvious lack of the "checkpoints" of her world. Like, could I alter things a tiny bit or something? Make it like she can change it somewhere else like say something to do with starknet or just be able to do it out of combat?

I'm not confident I explained this well heh.

2. Steel

Steel CHAOS INSIDE MY NEBULA
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Hey there, Inclined!

It sounds to me like even though there is an in-universe explanation for this, it really does just boil down to being a game mechanic. In short, I think you can either go with Red being able to change her functions while near StarkNet ports, or with whatever other reason seems fair and realistic to you! Our App Team can steer you in the right direction during the application process in regards how to translate such powers/abilities in realistic terms.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask!