By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete unsteady

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Connor, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey hadn't considered when she would go back to the ship. Given she was still getting over her ordeal with Semirhage, she wasn't exactly driven home by hunger and she was tired anyway and wanted the rest that she could be afforded by lying out in the clearing. She'd had her bag with her with a water bottle and for the most part she had just lay there and either stared into the canopy or closed her eyes and just listened to the sound of nature all around them.

She didn't know what she was doing here. It wasn't like she was even that good at relationships; before Pandora she had never really had any and certainly nothing romantic. She was sure this didn't happen to many people but she still felt out of her depth. A part of her wanted to hide away, like she had done months ago. Rey felt like she was just hurting people again, just by being there. That was the hardest thing for her.

She heard footsteps approaching and edged slightly so she could see who it was. She relaxed when she could see it was Connor. She hadn't noticed the darkness falling with the light giving way to it. She hummed, like she'd only just become aware of the fact and then looked back up at Connor. "I'm okay." She replied, leaning up on her forearms. "I didn't realise what time it was."

Connor likes this.
  2. Connor

Connor Detroit: Become Human

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor didn’t move from where he’d stopped, and nodded. “Okay. I’ll go– Take whatever time you need.” His gaze lingered on her a moment, before he took a step backwards, turning toward the ship. He didn’t want her to feel pressured to come back or speak more to him before she was ready.

Rey Solo likes this.
  3. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Wait-" Rey was up like a shot and went towards Connor, grabbing the hand which was nearest to her and tugged on it quickly before realising she might have been a bit too quick and let her hand drop, feeling a little awkward. "Don't go. Unless you want to go, you don't have to stay, but I want you to."

Her lip quivered a little. This was all becoming a lot and she was used to dealing with things by herself when they got too much but she knew that she didn't necessarily have to do that anymore. Between what had happened to her during Calamity, then with her kidnapping and these memories returning, she felt like she was due a break, but it didn't seem this world was going to let up anytime soon.

Connor likes this.
  4. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

The blur of movement was enough to have Connor pause, and when Rey took his hand he looked back to her immediately. She seemed almost embarrassed at having done so, though, and he couldn’t help but hum a small laugh.

“I want to stay, too,” he assured her easily, and stepped in closer, taking her hand again and tying his fingers around hers. “I am sorry about earlier,” he went on, his voice lowering as he peered into her face. “Sometimes I wonder if you’re too good to be true.” A corner of his lips lifted in a guilty smile. It was the honest truth– he often found himself in simple awe at the fact that he had this relationship, had come so far and fallen in love with someone who made him so happy. It was better than any dream he could have had. “I was just scared of losing you.”

Rey Solo likes this.
  5. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey nodded at Connor and finally smiled at him as she squeezed his hand. "Good." She replied gently. Maybe she didn't have to face everything by herself and she could share this with Connor.

"It's not your fault- Kylo shouldn't have left it to you to tell me." She felt like this had not been handled in the best of ways, but she knew none of them really knew how to do any of this. It wasn't really anyone's fault, not really, but she still felt like it hadn't been fair of Kylo to dump this on Connor.

Rey's cheeks twinged a little and she smiled softly at Connor, "You're not going to lose me as long as I have anything to do with it." She assured him, leaning forwards so that she could rest her forehead against his. "You were the first person I wanted to see when I got away from Semirhage, I love you Connor." She wasn't sure how else she could put it. She loved him, only him. She had loved her husband, but he had gone and she had made different choices since then; ones that she was happy with and ones she was glad for having made.

Connor likes this.
  6. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Her smile finally set him at ease, and he loosened a bit, leaning down to meet her touch. His smile widened at her words, and he took his hand from hers only to wrap both his arms around her waist.

“And I love you,” he told her, tipping his chin forward then to press a soft, lingering kiss to her lips. Then he pulled back just enough to look at her. “How are you doing?” He asked.

Rey Solo likes this.
  7. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey followed his lips and returned his softly, lingering as he had done and humming. She had just wanted to show him really how much she did love him and how much he meant to her. That was all she wanted; she might not be good at saying that kind of thing but she had hoped that she had got the message across. She looked a lot brighter now, but she still felt weary and simply tired by this whole situation.

"I don't know." She shrugged, her tone wobbling, "This world just won't give me a break, what with Ben going, then the stuff with Jaesa, you nearly dying, Semirhage and now this." She groaned, "I'd never even been around people properly for a long time before Pandora, I never had friends or anyone else, so a lot of this is new and I don't know how to handle it." She broke off, realising that she had gone off on a tangent.

"Sorry, that was probably a bit more than you were asking for." She said with a sheepish smile.

Connor likes this.
  8. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor frowned as he realized just how true it was. Rey had not been given an easy go of it here in Pandora– or really, ever, it seemed. He took it upon himself to take that as meaning he needed to do his best to help her bear the weight of it all, something he didn’t mind at all. He wanted to see her happy, carefree, her troubles a thing of the past. And maybe those days would come.

He shook his head. “No. If you’re dealing with it, I want to know,” he decided aloud. There wasn’t such thing as too much. But a smile soon touched his lips that was similarly sheepish. “Though I don’t think I have more experience than you in that regard. I wish I could be more help.” A hand lifted to her face, his thumb smoothing over her cheek. “Maybe it’s better that he knows. It must have been strange for him, not remembering something that everyone else does. And he really seems to care about Jaesa– I think he’ll sort it out.” It was hopeful optimism, he knew, but mostly he sought to ease Rey’s worries about it.

Rey Solo likes this.
  9. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey sighed and put one hand through her hair, tugging at the ends absently as she thought how to reply. She didn't want to sound like she was self pitying because she really wasn't interested in being like that whatsoever. She wanted to move past everything which she had been put through recently but she was struggling with everything somewhat.

"You're more than enough. You're still here." She pointed out; while that might not sound like a lot, to Rey it was absolutely everything. She was used to having no one and expecting that to be her lot in life. To have friends here and to have Connor, she was so grateful and she couldn't ask for more. "You've been here through everything." Even when she'd been grieving her husband and she'd trashed her old shop, he'd stuck by her. He'd still been there after her kidnapping and was still helping her to recover day by day.

Rey went to nod but stopped herself when he spoke about it being better Kylo remembered. She wasn't sure she agreed with that because she didn't feel like they were his memories; they were her Ben's. "Maybe it is better he remembers." She said, unsure of what else to conclude given the circumstances.

"I'm just glad I have you through all of this." She said softly, wrapping one arm around his middle and finding his lips once again.

Connor likes this.
  10. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Well, even if he hadn’t convinced her, Connor figured it had been worth a try. Really, they could only wait and see what headspace Kylo was in when he came back. That much was anyone’s guess, though Connor wasn’t exactly sure what he’d do if the man decided to set his sights on Rey. Jaesa hadn’t seemed confident that he wouldn’t, which didn’t bode well. He liked Kylo alright, but as long as Rey didn’t want to go back to him, Connor would have no problem making sure a buffer and a half remained there, even if that buffer was him and his pistol.

Connor made to agree, but when she leaned in to kiss him, his words turned into a hum. “You have me, no matter what,” he replied a moment later, finding it worth parting from her only as long as it took to mutter the promise against the touch of her lips. And then he leaned into it again, willing with every moment that passed for his anxieties and fear of losing her to roll away.

Rey Solo likes this.
  11. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey relaxed into his embrace and used the hands wrapped around him to bring him a little closer to her. She really did love him and despite whatever had happened with Kylo and his memories, it had not changed anything about how she felt about the man who was standing in front of her right now. She didn't suspect going forwards this was going to be straightforwards to any of them, but at least they knew where they stood and to Rey that was all that really mattered to her. "You have me too." The words came easily to her.

"Do you think we should give them some space?" She asked, nodding back towards the ship's direction before her smile turned into a little grin, "We could just stay out here a little longer, just the two of us."

Connor likes this.
  12. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Though not always the best at this, as relationships were still far newer to him than most people, Connor was a fast learner. He knew that he had Rey. He wouldn’t question that again.

His gaze followed after her gesture, and a brow raised as he considered her suggestion. He had no idea, based on Kylo’s words, if he even intended to go back that night. But better safe than sorry– if Jaesa and Kylo got into a fight, then frankly he wouldn’t want to be within the nearby vicinity at all.

So his brown eyes turned back to Rey and warmed with a smile. “That sounds good to me,” he assured her easily. He would never turn down the chance to spend time alone with her. He took a step away from her only to lead her back towards the thick of the flowers, to the spot she’d been laying in. He sat down heavily and tugged her after him. “I did speak to Jaesa for a bit. She’s not doing... great. I think she’s assuming the worst.”

Rey Solo likes this.
  13. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey smiled warmly as Connor took her up on her suggestion; it was one of her better ones. It wasn't that she didn't want to go back home, but she, like Connor, didn't want to be around if there was an argument brewing and she certainly didn't want to make anyone feel awkward.

Since her ordeal with Semirhage, she had been getting much more tired which tended to make this time of day difficult, even though she had been resting most of the time today. So, when Connor sat down and tugged her down after him, she went easily, glad to settle down near him. She sat next to him and wrapped her arm around him, leaning heavily into him and resting her head on his shoulder. Right now she wanted to be close to him. She'd always craved the affection and touch of others, but she felt it now, given the circumstances, more than ever, and could only hope Connor picked up on it.

When he spoke of Jaesa she flinched a little, hoping this wouldn't put her back to square one where her friendship with Jaesa was concerned.
    "I don't think Kylo will let a couple of memories stand in their way." She tried to play down the memories, like they weren't hers, like they didn't matter. "Does she think that I... wanted this?" She broke off, unable to finish the sentence in its entirety but hoping Connor could fill in the blanks.

Connor likes this.
  14. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor couldn’t say much as to how Kylo would act, though he assumed remembering Rey didn’t mean he would forget his feelings for Jaesa. For him to want to drop everything to chase another woman seemed... unlikely.

He could tell that Rey was worries about how this would affect her relationship with the other woman. It was a fragile enough relationship already. “I told her you didn’t. But... I’m not sure. She’s worrying a lot.”

Rey Solo likes this.
  15. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey shifted closer to Connor, needing that reassurance right now more than anything and tightened her hold on him ever so slightly. She felt so lucky to have him. It felt different in this relationship actually having to think of ways to show her love and affection; with Ben she'd had their bond so he had always been very aware of what she had been thinking and feeling.

She looked concerned when he spoke about Jaesa. She was worried the other woman would think she welcomed this news and that she would use it as an opportunity to get her husband back, when actually it couldn't be further from the truth. "But I'm with you, why is she worrying?"

Connor likes this.
  16. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor sighed and put an arm around Rey, pulling her closer to him and leaning over to press a kiss to her temple.

“She’s just scared, Rey,” he reasoned.

Rey Solo likes this.
  17. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Connor's words gave her reason to just pause for a minute and fully consider the impact of what he was saying. Yes, Jaesa was probably just scared. That made sense, didn't it? After all, this was their relationship and one which had been built up for some time, Rey could understand why she might be scared, even if it had not been the first thing that she had considered within all of this.

She tucked herself into Connor's side as much as she could, taking comfort by him just being there, "You're right." She said softly, her fingers running up and down his side. "It'll be okay, won't it?"

Connor likes this.
  18. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor held Rey snuggly in turn, sensing her desire to be alone had turned the other direction. He was glad for that. "No matter what, I've got you and you have me. So yes, I think so." He looked to her face and gave a small smile. "Right?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  19. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey was now the complete opposite of her earlier mindset and right now just wanted to be held and reminded that she was not alone in any of this. She smiled into Connor and nodded gently, "Yeah, we'll be okay." They'd got through everything so far, what was one more thing to them now, really?

She settled back down next to him and looked upwards to where the first evening stars were starting to shine against the clear blue sky. "I think this is my favourite spot in the whole of Pandora."

Connor likes this.
  20. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor's smile widened at her words, and he nodded to affirm them. They had certainly made it through worse than Kylo Ren; if anything, this was just a small bump in the road. Hopefully, within a few days it would have blown over, and the four of them could continue on as friends.

Though he watched her a moment as Rey gazed up at the stars, taking the time just to study her face, Connor soon laid back beside her to stare upward. The jungle around them had gone quiet, save for the general hum of noises that never truly ceased. "Yeah?" he turned his head to her and grinned, then nodded backwards. "I could build us a little hut back there. When they decide to go back to Elysium, we could stay here and live off the land and never talk to another person again." His grin stretched, an amusement in his eyes that showed he was mostly joking.

Rey Solo likes this.