HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Forum Software Upgrade Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Rani, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Software Update Today!
    Hey everyone! I'm planning a software update for Pandora today! It's an important maintenance, security and stability update, including a change from ReCAPTCHA v1 to ReCAPTCHA v2.

ReCAPTCHA v1 is being retired in 2018. This is google's defense against spam, so with this maintenance update, I expect our bot problem should be significantly reduced.

Another fix that I think should make some of you guys happy is this:
    I'm currently downloading backups of the current files and database. After that is complete, I'm going to begin the upgrade process. I'll give a 15 minute warning before I begin. Please keep an eye on this thread or the #Announcements channel in Discord. After I begin the upgrade process, do not attempt to post content on Pandora. You may lose it.

2. Rani

Rani MODgician

Upgrade prep is done! I'll be starting the upgrade in 15 minutes at 10:25am EST! Please don't try and submit any posts or other content to Pandora!

3. Rani

Rani MODgician

We're back now! Thank you everyone for your patience!

Please reply here if you notice any bugs, style issues, or anything else that seems off. I also did a framework upgrade of our theme which undid some of our style customizations, so those are things I'll be on the lookout for.

4. Sabine

Sabine Moderator
    Plots & Events Division

Hiya! I noticed that the buttons edit, quote, reply, which used to be at the bottom of the posts, now have a large gap beneath them.

[​IMG]

A signature doesn't seem to make much difference.

[​IMG]

This looks different than it did before the update.

Thalia likes this.
  5. Steel

Steel i ͘a̷m t͟hé̶̛ ̕a͠͝͠n̨͢gȩ͢l̡̀ ̕o̕f̧ ͡͏d͢ea͏̷t̡̨h
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Hey there, thanks so much for updating the site!!

I couldn't help but notice that some header titles are coming out smaller than they should be, and a white color instead of the classic orange? Even though code-wise, there's no difference at all that I can tellfrom other threads where the headers haven't changed at all.

[​IMG]

Here's the thread for reference!

Sabine likes this.
  6. Rani

Rani MODgician

This is updated now!

Steel likes this.