By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Visit to a friend

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Spider Nancy, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Spider Nancy

Spider Nancy Anansi Boys

Directory:
    link
    @Daniel Wing
    November 4th, Year 108

There were still houses which hadn't taken down all their decoration for Halloween. There were still half pulled-down decorations as Spider walked along the street. What he had experienced in Halloween still left an unpleasant taste in his mouth so Spider did not think he could be happy when thinking about Halloween for a long time.

As he was walking, he came across a street leading to Daniel's house. After the day in the Wastes, Spider hadn't met Daniel and now he felt guilty for neglecting the boy and completely forgetting to ask about the boy's wellbeing. It was quite a negligent action considering how sick Daniel was and how Spider knew Daniel liked him. Moreover, Daniel disregarded his safety to satisfy one of Spider's random whims.

Spider walked down the street and approached Daniel's front door. He rang the doorbell and waited for Daniel to come out.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  2. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    That there'd been a holiday just days before was something he had missed. Mainly because his November had started with almost dying and Alex dragging him to healer to solve this once and for all. And now he was fine. Wasn't hurting anymore. Was in a shape he hadn't been in since he was ten. All without a dangerous surgery and all the side effects it'd have had upon him, without consequences no one could foretold.
    Daniel still needed time to adjust. Had lived with his headaches for so long he barely could remember how it was to not look out for potential triggers, for a decline in his health, for all the little signs indicating he was about to have a bad time. So for the time being he still was careful, didn't changed much in his daily routine – except that now he had more time to use for tinkering, strolling around and the strength and concentration for it too. Another chance he didn't knew how to use.
    He was quick to open the door when someone ringed and his eyes lightened up the moment he recognized Spider. Which happened faster than before, his reactions quicker, the boy not half-tired like the other times the older one had shown up like that. You probably could see that he was healthier, the way there was a bounce in his steps, the way he was alert and in a good mood. “Somehow I always expect you to simply show up right in my room.” he laughed. “What's up?”

Spider Nancy likes this.
  3. Spider Nancy

Spider Nancy Anansi Boys

Directory:
    link
    Spider smiled as he saw how healthy and joyful Daniel was. The boy was looking as healthy as he was when they first met. "I am in the neighbourhood and suddenly thought that I might want to stop by. Cascade Bay is an interesting with many events going on; the only disadvantage is the fact that it is too technologically backward. I hate seeing my phone stop working every single time I get to Cascade Bay." He took the phone from his pocket and waved it in front of Daniel's face.

With a wary glance, he took in the surrounding, seeming to look for something that might come out and attack him. "Want to take a walk with me?" It was an unusual thing to say because the weather is freezing cold. Most people would prefer to stay indoors with a warm fire, not walking down the street. The street was empty due to that, Spider had seen few fellow walkers as he was walking. "I don't usually get outside regularly these days and prefer to stay indoors but today is frightfully cold so I think it will be great for me to talk a walk."

There was, however, the issue of Daniel's health so he added immediately, "If you want, we can stay indoors. There is a good cafe down the street. It has the best hot chocolate."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  4. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    “That's great” It delighted him to just see the older one again, that he was fine even after what they found out at the fountain. That he thought to drop by ever once in a while. “Yeah, there isn't much tech around – but I like the quiet.” Probably a bit odd for someone coming from a futuristic world to go back like this, it just had helped him keep it low when he needed the rest and he was used to not having much anyway.
    “Sure” he agreed on the walk, only reached over to grab a jacket from the rack. No need to get sick right again, even if it would be nothing more but a cold. Closing the door behind him he raised a brow at Spider. “Do I have to worry about an attack or why are you that on edge?” At least he could defend himself better now, but who knew what magic shenanigans could happen. “Nah, taking a walk is fine – we can drop by there after to warm up again.” Daniel smiled, unusual ready to go out when before his strength had wavered too much to make any serious plans.

Spider Nancy likes this.
  5. Spider Nancy

Spider Nancy Anansi Boys

Directory:
    link
    Spider shivered but he ignored the cold. Usually, he would avoid the cold but today, how he missed the sun! Even when the sun was behind a gray cloud. How he missed the open air! Even when the open air is frightfully cold. How he missed the road! Even when the road was covered in snow and thin sheet of ice. His circumstance was horrible but it was hard to express his situation to anybody without that person giving him a look and telling him his fear was unfounded and irrational. He only realized how much he wanted to tell someone about his strange circumstance when he finally met someone he knew well.

"You don't have to fear an attack but I do. Lately, I don't know why but whenever I see a bird, there is a chance that that bird will attack me along with a whole hord of many other birds." To say it to someone who would believe you relieved some of Spider's frustration. "I don't know what I have done wrong. Birds do not suddenly gather together and attack a human on the street, it has to be someone's influence. And I have to do something or someone has to do something to make someone make birds follow me."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  6. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    When he noticed Spider shivering he simply grabbed a second jacket and shoved it into his hands with a „no discussion, you're taking this”-look. Didn't had to be forever, but the boy wouldn't stand by and watch his friend be cold. Though Daniel shivered himself, despite the jacket closed tight, hood up and hands stuffed into the pockets. His world was warmer, he'd rarely ever seen snow. No reason to move away, he still liked the Bay, especially since he had a house to live in and wasn't forced to find a place on the streets.
    And he listened to Spiders problems, would always do at least that even if he couldn't help. Certainly sounded bothersome and that for a god or half of one. „Hmm… I'd say you angered someone who can influence birds to do so. Or just miracle it to happen like you.” Daniel didn't suggest he used the miracles to make it stop, because sure that was the first thing he tried and probably to no avail.
    Magic issues were beyond his ability to help, but he had something positive to tell, smiled shyly once they were away from the other houses and could talk in peace. „Well, there's a good thing: I'll not have to go to check-ups anymore.” Given how close they were he probably should've told him that right away… but how to tell others you weren't dying anymore when he struggled to believe it himself? Hope was such a fickle thing, especially when you were used to have it broken. Though it explained how he seemed more upbeat than the weeks before, more confident even if happiness and normalcy was slow to come in if you didn't trusted it.

Spider Nancy likes this.
  7. Spider Nancy

Spider Nancy Anansi Boys

Directory:
    link
    Turning to Daniel, Spider said, "I think that is true too but I don't know how to solve it. I don't even know who I has angered." Feeling too frustrated about the bird issue, Spider kicked the nearby garbage can. It was ridiculous to do so but he was too frustrated to control himself. The garbage can fell over, rubbish spilled out from the lid. In the midst of all the garbage, Spider saw something that flashed in the sunlight. Curious, he picked it up and saw it was a pocket knife with a curiously.

"This looks interesting." Thinking it would become useful in the future, Spider pocketed the knife.

The boy did look much better than he used to be. "Really. Congratulations. I am happy for you."The news immediately made Spider forget his issues and just feel happy for the boy. "What has happened for the last few weeks? Have you somebody who can heal you?" However, he could not be too optimistic about it all. "Have they healed you completely?" Pandora had some interesting people. Spider had no doubt that there were those who could make Daniel healthy again but he just did not know those people.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  8. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Daniel stayed silent at Spiders frustration, but he couldn't exactly help with magic problems. Or like hunt down whoever the other part was and force them to stop it. At best he could protect him from attacking birds, to some extend. So he just left him to vent off his frustration on the garbage can – wondering who the heck would throw away a perfectly fine knife. But good that the older one had it now, it was better than nothing in means of defense if he got attacked.
    'Congratulation' sounded like the wrong thing to say. He hadn't done anything, would've still avoided the whole healing and stick to his treatment plan if not for Alex taking that choice away. For the better though. Still, the whole topic still made him uneasy, looking away. “I... I had a really bad reaction 3 nights ago. Got scared and alerted Alex and sh... he took me over to their healer friend. Will. And he... sung and it stopped hurting and... yeah. No more goddy dying.” Getting used to that was a whole another thing. Especially getting used to the idea of having a future, because Republic had cut that short way before he knew about his terminal condition.

Spider Nancy likes this.
  9. Spider Nancy

Spider Nancy Anansi Boys

Directory:
    link
    The news was surprising. Spider was so used to hear that Daniel was dying that the fact he was not anymore was strange, at the least. However, it was a good news. It meant that Spider did not have to fear that Daniel would faint or have a breakdown and suddenly die one day without him knowing about it.

"It is good, isn't it? It means you have a future. I mean, you are happy, right? I think it is a cause for celebration. I think you even should throw a party if you like it."

Seeing a cafe down the street, he asked, "Would you like some hot chocolate or some pastry? It is all on me." He also added, "Do you want to eat anything or like to drink anything? I can help you throw a small party to celebrate this occasion? It only needs to involve your closest friends. It is fine if there are just three or four people."