By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete vlad the chicken and susans the newly orphaned

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Wanda Maximoff, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff Marvel Universe

Her brow furled together with instinctive concern at his confirmation. Though she guessed that wasn't exactly new for him, based off of what she'd heard in the past. "Nine year old," she corrected automatically, tonelessly. "I have school, but I don't go. There are still responsibilities—" Technically none that she needed to take up, but wasn't that true of all responsibilities? Getting philosophical here. "I found my brother, and Steve was around for a little while. So that was nice. Have you seen him?"

Peter Parker likes this.
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Marvel Universe

"Sorry," he murmured distractedly. To be fair, Wanda at any age other than the one she was actually supposed to be was a little weird and Peter was struggling to wrap his head around it. He was older than her. Crap. Did that mean he was responsible for her right now? How did this make any sense at all? "Steve, like-- like Captain America, Steve?" Peter's eyes predictably lit up a little bit at that because Captain America was basically his idol. He'd stolen his shield once.

"No, I haven't! Where-- Wait, did you say was ... ? So, not anymore?" That put everything in a totally different perspective, especially since he and Wanda were probably close or something. "... Crap."
    DATE❜  september 23
    TAG❜  bby!wanda
    NOTES❜  short post time >3

Wanda Maximoff likes this.
  3. Wanda Maximoff

"... I don't actually know ..." She didn't have a tracker for who definitively was or wasn't in Pandora. "I heard from him last three, maybe four days ago? He wanted to find others he knew and explore."

Her heel caught onto a particularly large pebble wedged in the dirt, causing her to stumble her way back to balance in the next few backwards-steps. But she managed to catch herself before it became an issue. "I'm ... glad you're still here, though." Her voice seemed to grow softer and softer as she went, head ducking in a trance of thoughts. "Not that you're stuck, but that you're ... here."

Peter Parker likes this.
  4. Peter Parker

Instinctively, his hand reached for Wanda's arm just as she tripped on that little pebble in the dirt. God, she was so small and so different. There was a sort of gloominess about her that he wasn't used to, but then, Peter probably would've been a little gloomy is he were stuck as a nine year old. Why couldn't she just magic herself back to normal or whatever?

Seeing that she had her balance back, though, he dropped his arm to his side again and frowned slightly. "I mean ... there's probably worse places to be stuck, right? I'm glad you're here, too. And hey, what if we just ... went on a hunt for Captain America? He can't be that hard to find, right?"

Then again, could they really handle the disappointing possibility that he might not be here anymore? Three or four days wasn't a long time, though, and that spelled hope to Peter. Wanda had been here forever, though, and lost so many people that it might not've been the same for her. That had yet to really sink in for the boy, just how tired she probably was.
    DATE❜  september 23
    TAG❜  bby!wanda

5. Wanda Maximoff

Wanda wished she wasn't as jaded as she was. She wished Peter would never be given a reason to become as jaded as she was. As it stood, she tossed her shoulders noncommittally. But it wasn't long before she let an easy grin slide over her lips — a shape of a white picket fence was almost visible through the thicket of their path ahead.

"Want to stop by for lemonade first?" she asked, willfully nudging the topic away from the gloomy prospects of a potentially disappeared Captain America. "What brought you to Mr. Stark's, anyway?"

Peter Parker likes this.
  6. Peter Parker

She didn't want to talk about it. Maybe she didn't even want to find out, and to be honest, that was totally valid. Peter may not have agreed with it, he may have had this constant determination to see things through, the kind of determination that could only be described as both extraordinarily youthful and naive, but he could at least respect it. "Lemonade sounds good," he finally said.

"I kept going back to the farm, hoping he'd turn up." He didn't really need to continue on with that thought process. They both knew how that would turn out, considering they were strolling down a dirt road with all of Mr. Stark's alpacas behind them. And also a giant chicken. God, this was a weird day. "Real talk, though ... what do we do with the giant chicken when we get the lemonade? And also, should you be in school?" Peter paused, scrunching up his nose. "Not that I'm a fantastic role model in educational practices, but, you know ..."

And then he trailed off, pulling a face because the more he spoke, the more he confused himself. "Am I responsible for you right now ...?"
    DATE❜  september 23
    TAG❜  bby!wanda

7. Wanda Maximoff

"I figured out a way to corral them. You'll see," she explained, straightfaced. The straightfacing shifting into a wary concern as Vlad veered off path with a heavyset rustling of feathers, the concern shifting back into straightfacing as Vlad waddled back to the procession with a berry-speckled tree branch clutched between his beak.

Her eyes turned slowly back up to stare incredulously at Peter's face. "...are you really telling me to stay in school."

Peter Parker likes this.
  8. Peter Parker

There was a crooked smile on his face like the idea of her corralling them was somehow hilarious to him. He didn't say anything, though. The eagerness was probably clear as day on his face, anyway. Still, the grin seemed to waver a bit at that question because Peter's thought process honestly hadn't gotten that far. He stared at her as they walked and then suddenly cleared his throat before turning his gaze forward.

After all, wasn't he technically supposed to be in school right now, too?

"... Let's get lemonade."
    DATE❜  september 23
    TAG❜  bby!wanda

9. Wanda Maximoff

As they passed the threshold of her fence, there was a distinct pop in the air. The path ahead of them opened abruptly as if a veil had been shattered, revealing a wide open field with a cheerful house and barn as its centerpieces, and a ways further past the apple grove and plowed fields... a Rapunzel-sized tower standing proud and tall.

"See that?" Wanda explained, pointing at the structure in her detached way. "That's the coop. Come on, Vlad."

And closer still, with the Susans following one by one, it became clear that the tower was attached to an actual... if not oversized, half dug into the ground coop with strong bars and plenty of space. "They're usually free range, but whenever the weather gets bad..." She shrugged her shoulders as they led Vlad through the entrance, to the bok-bok-bokking of his brothers and sisters.

While it was a little easier setting up space near the barn for the Susans to roam and hum amongst themselves, lemonade ended taking a bit longer to get to—until finally they settled into her kitchen with glasses of the refreshment on the table, by a window overlooking the rehomed Susans and the Chicken Tower in the middle distance.

Wanda sighed into her glass, as though fully aware of the ridiculous turn her life had taken. Ridiculous, but not terrible.

She shot another small smile in Peter's direction. "Thanks for the help."

Peter Parker likes this.