By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Answered Wacky character questions

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Jack, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Jack

Jack Player

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Okay so lemme preface this by saying I know both these characters are way out there in terms of playability, but I figured it was worth an ask.

First of all, I was curious about Godzilla as a character. While most versions of him are portrayed as having very animal cunning at best, there are canon sources within the films and comics that establish him as having real sentience, as well as psychic abilities somewhat similar to Mothra (who is able to communicate to humanity psychically and through her little fairy friends). It's stated in canon that he doesn't communicate with humanity because he hates them and they hate him and that's just how it goes. My point being that it may be canonical that he could communicate with humans telepathically if you sorta... Squint at the canon.

Next is the Turtle aka Maturin from It (and also the Dark Tower). This one is a bit weirder because Maturin is perfectly capable of speech and communication, but he's usually located in the outer reaches of the macroverse. Unlike It, he doesn't leave this place in canon, but this could be attributed more to his placid nature and being nonconfrontational. Unlike It, Maturin doesn't want to leave the macroverse. But in every other regard he's shown to be a similar creature to It. Enough so that they act as sort of yin and yang, so I was wondering if it would be possible for him to be portrayed in Pandora on a much lesser scale, physically. As opposed to a giant, planet sized turtle. Or even in a human form, since Pennywise has the ability to shapeshift at will from its natural form. Or idk just a very friendly but unhelpful turtle floating around

BASICALLY CALL ME CRAZY IF NEITHER OF THEM ARE POSSIBLE. BECAUSE I PROBABLY AM. ITS COOL.

2. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Hiya Jack! Thankyou so much for your patience!

So, before we can give you a clear answer about whether or not we would allow Godzilla, we would need to know exactly which version/canon you are interested in taking him from so that we can look a little bit further into it. Just let us know in a reply to this!

As for Maturin, it would absolutely fine for you to take him and just have Pandora scale him down in size on arrival so that he's actually playable.

3. Jack

Jack Player

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    x.x NGL any time I've played Godzilla he's always been a pretty messy blend of versions, if only because the canon isn't exactly the most rigid and there's a lot of bleed-through between versions without it always being expressly stated? He'd mainly be based around the Heisei Era Godzilla that ran from 1984-1995, since that one tends to have the most notable intelligence of the different versions, as well as being the one with implied psychic abilities. BUT I absolutely hate the costume design of the older Godzillas so I might cater more towards IDW comics Godzilla: Rulers of Earth. That version of Godzilla is very similar to Heisei, but just... looks a lot better, and also has some interesting interactions with humans and monsters alike.

TBH I could also go with Monsterverse!Godzilla (the Legendary one), since he's shown to have higher thought processes and actually goes out of his way to avoid hurting humans (within reason) or causing too much wanton damage. Unfortunately, he hasn't been shown to have the same psychic abilities as the Heisei Era (yet), so I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to headcanon that in there? Otherwise he wouldn't be an option purely because he'd have no means to communicate.

SO... yeah most likely would be gearing towards the comic version, which caters towards Heisei as far as I've ever been able to tell, unless I'm allowed to use a lot of headcanons for Monsterverse, in which case I'd go with him.

@Octi

4. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Hey Jack. So while we allow people to pull from other canon verses to fill in the blanks, we don't really allow mix and matching canon. So you'll need to decide which single canon you'll be pulling him from, and base his abilities/intelligence/etc. off of that. If the version you're thinking of using as the core doesn't include psychic abilities for Godzilla, then that's not something you'd be able to include with that version of him.

Just let us know which one version you're planning to work with and we'll let you know!

5. Jack

Jack Player

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Ah, okay. I think for now I'm just gonna not make him, if that's alright. Sorry for wasting your time