By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Wake up, turn this world around

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Futaba Sakura, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    January 29, Year 108
    @Ren Amamiya

Things had gone really weird after awhile- a usual, Metaverse-tampering kinda weird, but without that knowledge that there was a bad guy to fight and a heart to change. She would have been really annoyed and frustrated if she wasn't always so worried. At least it was getting... better? Makoto and Ren were home, which was nicer than them being gone, at least for her- but they hadn't come back as right as she might have hoped either. There was still this wobbly tension between things, half hopefulness and half worry.

Futaba had worried all afternoon the first day he was back, passing Ren's door to go to work, then come home, and watching each time and waiting in case it opened before deciding that was weird and going to her own room. It was there that she sat down, curled up in her computer chair and thought for a long time before hitting the hay. She had to do for her friends what they'd done for her even when she was no good at it. Well, there wasn't any other choice; she'd do this thing, and try, and at least then she'd know for sure if it worked or not.

The next day she woke up about 10 AM, early for her, and went down to the kitchen. There was a lot of work to do but since working at the cafe she'd picked up a few things. There were a few failed attempts, one near-disaster, but eventually she had the curry simmering away on the stovetop. It wasn't as good as Sojiro, but he'd been making it for ages and had the original recipe that Mom had given him; besides, it tasted alright to her. It had to simmer and that was the hardest time, not fidgeting with it and letting it do what it was supposed to.

Finally it was done and she made a little tray of curry and rice, a cup of well-brewed coffee and ever so carefully brought it up to Ren's door. There was a bit of a lump in her throat but she forcefully swallowed it down to show it who was boss before setting the tray on the floor right in the doorway. This was how she'd eaten her dinners for almost a year once. Raising her hand she knocked lightly on the door. "Hey Ren? Are you okay? I made some dinner, if you're hungry. It's right out here, so you don't have to come out if you don't want to." Unable to resist she leaned her ear against the door, listening for any kind of response, lips pressed thin with worry and nervousness.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  2. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    It was nice to be home. Actually home. Not sleeping on the couch above the cafe, and ducking out before any of the employees could show up. Not camping out at Yuuki's. Just home. His bed, his possessions. Nothing was technically keeping him from home, other than his inability to just...face people. Futaba and Shiho hadn't done anything wrong to him, but - in truth - he just didn't want them to see him like this.

Even through everything the month had thrown at him, he was aware that the worst was likely to come. A blinking bracelet around his ankle a nice reminder of that. Trial on the eighth to determine if he was going to spend the rest of his time in Pandora in the Wastes, or if he could actually try to rebuild his life. It...put him on edge. Just sort of wanting to get it over worth. Rip off the band-aid. His contact with the court system had failed him over and over again. Why would Pandora be any different?

Ren was laying in bed, not really sure what else to do. He couldn't leave the house. Laptop was open at his feet, but had fallen asleep an hour or so ago. There had been a temptation to play a game, but it faded by the time he clicked the icon.

Scrolling through his phone and texting with just his non-dominant hand was...hard. Ren finding himself missing Ryuji just calling him if anything was slightly wrong, instead of having to awkwardly type out a reply. He was still trying. Normally ended up dropping his phone on his face about half the time he tried it, though.

At least he was slowly getting better.

A familiar smell caused his tired gaze to lift from his phone and to his door. Curry? He hadn't had that in...well, since before going to jail for about a week. It was one of the many things he craved while behind bars. That and a very specific flavor of Cheeto, that was currently sitting next to him. A faint voice coming through the door a moment later, causing a faint smile to pull at his lips.

"I'm...okay," he wasn't sure that was true, as he sat up, glancing down at his sleep attire he hadn't bothered to change out of that day. Awkwardly he shoved himself up and shuffled to the door - trying to run his hand through his hair to tame it slightly. Even for him, it was bad.

Opening the door, he offered a bit of a smile, "Thanks," he grabbed the tray with his working hand, settling his gaze on his little sister, "Want...to eat together?"

He at least owed her that.

Futaba Sakura likes this.
  3. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Listening at a door didn't seem to work in real life quite as well as it did in animes; all she could hear was some rustling and the occasional thump. It wasn't until nearly too late that she realized that the cadence of thuds was the same as footsteps and she flailed and picked up the tray quickly to cover the fact she'd been trying to eavesdrop. Luckily- and probably it was luck alone- she got the tray steady and didn't tip anything over, even the coffee, and when he opened the door she was standing there looking as innocent as usual. It wasn't completely innocent but that would have looked more guilty than the alternative.

Poor bro, he looked tired and sad and messy. Not bad, because it was good to see him at all, but not as well as usual. Good thing she'd made him some food then! If he'd eat it, she wasn't sure and there was a faint furrow in her brow as she looked at him, trying to will him to actually eat the food and not just hide it away, the way she sometimes had. It was hard to tell, but he thanked her and she smiled a little and nodded, letting him take the tray even though she kept her hand out. Holding a tray with one hand was hard. "I hope you like it. It's not bad, I even followed dire-"

She stopped as his next words caught her off guard and she stared for a moment with wide eyes. The fact that he might be offering just to be polite entirely escaped her absolutely and she grinned and nodded. "Yes! Let's do that. Gonna get some food, brb! Or wait... do you mean out there?" She definitely didn't care one way or the other and the room would be a lot easier for him to navigate than carrying the tray all that way, but she'd gladly take it back if he wanted.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  4. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    A smile gently pulled at his features at Futaba's excitement over asking if she wanted to eat with him. He...had been a terrible brother. It wasn't fair to her, when he left. When he sort of went off the deep end and cut everyone out. She deserved better. She deserved...more. Even if his days in Centria were likely just over a week, he'd...try to be better. Try to not just lock himself away the entire time, because he was barely holding together the frayed pieces that remained after the month he just had.

His life didn't just impact him.

Ren nearly lifted his broken arm to try to scratch his neck out of habit, but quickly lowered it when he remembered it was - in fact - still broken. Right. He glanced over his shoulder into the room he had literally spent the day in. Yeah, he needed to leave.

"Let's eat out here," he motioned with his chin - carefully leaning the tray partially on his cast so it stopped leaning to the side slightly. Too many things required both hands, he was slowly learning. It...was annoying.

Carefully he navigated to the kitchen table - not bothering to (or able) to close his bedroom door behind him. Even in his current state, his room was fairly neat. Bed was a bit unmade. Which...bothered him as he walked away from the open door. He'd just neaten it later.

Setting down the tray, he sat himself down - a quiet smile on his features as he glanced down at the food.

"Thanks for this, Futaba," his voice quiet, "It's...sort of hard to cook right now," he wiggled the arm with the cast.

5. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Downstairs? Her eyes went wide and she didn't argue, just nodded and started to turn on her heel. It was then that she heard the shifting and realized what she had just done. With a look of shock and some embarrassment she wheeled around and went back. How could she leave him to manage the tray with his arm? Careless, Sakura, so careless! This had to be fixed. So she carefully but insistently took it from him and started back down the steps and into the dining room.

The place was a little cluttered. Not that it wasn't clean, but Futaba had managed to use the table for some of her cooking prep and the 'cleanup' part of that always fell by the wayside. Setting the tray down in an open space she guiltily scraped the smaller dishes into a bigger one and carried it to the sink. "I'll move it in a sec, don't hurt yourself," she told him as she ran a faucet to 'soak' the dirty stuff, while she made her food and grabbed a coffee, then turned the water off with her elbow before coming back. He needed to sit somewhere with space, so she put his stuff in the most open spot and then scooted down to another seat on the opposite side. There.

Her food was placed in front of her, coffee next to it, but she didn't start eating yet- instead watching Ren for a moment, in case he needed anything else. When he thanked her she smiled slightly, then shook her head. "You deserve it. It's been a bad week and food helps people feel better, right? I hope you like it." She glanced at his arm again and her brow furrowed. "..That hurts a lot, huh." Her wrist and shoulder twinged in sympathy; she'd had her own arm problems before. "Did they give you medicine?"

#5 Futaba Sakura, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Ren Amamiya likes this.
  6. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren stood in place for a moment after Futaba stole his tray. He...was honestly fine to carry it down by himself. Maybe it was a bit awkward to balance, but he was slowly getting better at using his cast to keep things from falling. It...was hard to relearn how to basically use his left hand, though. His dominant one now broken, and basically useless until what the doctor predicted to be April. Part of his week in jail had been spent with a pen and paper - repeating letters over and over until they looked like themselves. His writing was still unreadable, but he was at least slightly more comfortable using his left hand.

His eyes moved over the dishes and clutter downstairs, resisting the urge to ignore his food and start cleaning. Even with a cast, it wouldn't be hard. He could have the kitchen area spotless in probably an hour or less. But...later. He could do that later. Cleaning relaxed him in a strange way. It was mindless but productive. Sort of...exactly what he needed a the moment.

But first, he really needed to eat something.

Ren almost moved something, before Futaba took care of it before he could - scurrying around the area to make room for them to eat. The sink...full. Very, very full.

He took a deep breath.

With everything cleared-ish and setup, Ren took a seat - taking a sip of his coffee, as she said words he felt like he had told her at some point. Food and coffee did fix everything.

"Yeah...it hasn't been easy," he shook his head, hesitating slightly before digging in. The food felt...good. A sort of clarity pulling at where there had only been fog before, "Sojiro would be proud," his smile widened, as he took another bite - gaze rising from his food as she asked about his arm.

"It...sometimes hurts," he admitted, downplaying it without outright lying. Truthfully it throbbed...pretty much constantly. It just sometimes got worse without any real reason, "I was on some medication while in jail to help with the pain. Same stuff slows hurts bone healing apparently, so it was only for that week," he shrugged, "They told me over the counter stuff should be fine. It...mostly is," another shrug, as his eyes returned to his food.

There was a lot he wanted to say.
    A lot he needed to say.

But instead he ate in silence for a bit, trying to find the right words.
    Before, finally:

"I'm sorry I left," his words slow, quiet, "I wasn't myself for the past month, and didn't...really want you to see me like that. I know pushing people away when I needed help wasn't smart but...I'm an idiot I guess," Akechi's own words burning in the back of his head.

Ironic that he of all people was telling Ren to suck it up and get help.

But he was right.

7. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    She tried not to stare as she waited for him to taste the food, so instead she stirred things around, poking at what seemed to be a carrot until it broke into a potatoey color. Huh. That must mean the curry was thick enough, at least! Still listening, she nodded slightly in agreement when he mentioned it had been hard- it had seemed hard!- and then glanced up as he continued. No way to stop from staring now, and she smiled crookedly at the praise. There were very few compliments that would have meant more to her and she hoped that in saying that Ren was agreeing he liked it himself. Feeling more confident, she took a bite.

It was good. She'd tried it while cooking, and at the end, but she'd been worried that her bias and her wanting it to be good would have biased her. Nope. It was legitimately nice. She'd never doubt Ren's words on it.

When he talked about his arm she wasn't really surprised but that didn't mean she was happy hearing it either. Her brother had been doing a lot while hurt and didn't let it hold him back. That the only option had meant slowing down his healing seemed insane to her, and cruel too. He wouldn't ask for help, not when he thought it 'wasn't bad', even if it was. But Futaba Sakura had picked up stubbornness from both her mom and her adopted dad. She had thoughts on it.

Then, as she was about to say it, the topic shifted. An apology? She was surprised that he felt guilty for doing what he needed to do, and a little guilty for wishing he'd been around when he was gone. Had she done something to make him feel bad- or had he missed her too? She quickly looked back over from her plate to him, and shook her head a couple times, blinking quickly and swallowing a lump in her throat. "It's okay! I mean.. It's hard to find a peaceful moment here sometimes. And it must have been weird, too. There's nothing dumb about knowing that," she told him confidently, even if her smile was a little remorseful. "..But I'm glad you're back. I'm sorry. I missed you, big brother."

She took another couple quick bites, then looked over at his arm again, the thick cast all itchy-looking and uncomfortable. There hadn't been a chance yet to tell people about what she'd discovered, and to be honest she wasn't even sure it would work. Should she try it? How could she not try? "Hey.. I.. You trust me, right?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  8. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Sometimes pretending things were fine was the best way to force them fine. It was...pretty much how he survived his probation. Things got...rough. Many times. The Phantom Thieves losing their cool, but Ren forced himself to shove the emotions aside and keep everyone on track. The closest he had come to losing his cool in front of the others, was during his time being "dead". He was...heavily injured, and didn't have much else to occupy his time or mind. Things had been...rough. Having to hide during the school day then keep himself mostly out of sight after. But he pushed through it, only slipping up when he realized who Shido really was to him.

The same idea went for now. He wanted to just hide in his room and cut everyone off, until he was sent away to the Dread Wastes. But...he really couldn't keep pushing people away and cutting people off. Ren had to force himself to pretend to be human for awhile longer. Plus...it'd probably make him feel better. Sometimes smiling until it stuck really did work.

His eyes fell as Futaba went on about it being okay. It...really wasn't. But he appreciated the lie.
    "...I missed you too," he admitted with a faint smile, "It's...really good to be back. Didn't realize how much I just...needed my own bed."

His own shower. His own kitchen. Just...familiar things. Mishima's home had become second nature to him, but there was something else about finally being home after being in jail.

Ren stirred around his curry - taking slow and careful bites. The heat relaxing him, food grounding him. Yeah, coming out of his room was a good idea. Eating was a good idea.

He glanced back up at her as she asked if she trusted him. The question was...complicated for many people at the moment; but she was one of the few he could answer without hesitation.

"Yeah, of course."

9. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    "Yeah, some space can be nice. No one poking at you and time to think, and rolling around in stuff you picked out," she agreed with a quick nod, then glanced down at her curry again when he said he did trust her. Well then. No reason to put it off, right? If she failed she'd look silly, and Ren might think she'd finally gone back to being a hallucinating recluse. There was a little knot of anxiety in her stomach, but she forced herself to take a deep breath and untie it, little by little.

She knew she wasn't crazy, and that this could be a real thing. If no one else did, fine. And if it worked, she'd be helping her friend, her brother, the person who had put so much of himself at risk for her sake back in their world. If that meant looking crazy, it was okay. She'd looked worse.

Nodding again, this time in resolute acceptance, she cocked her head at gave Ren a long stare for a moment. Focus, Sakura. "Alright. Then just hold reaaaaally still," she said in a bit of a rush, then glanced down at his arm, taking in every detail. There wasn't much to see with the cast there, but she didn't just have her eyes either; Prometheus was there, waiting, and that let her look deep. The breaks, the way tissues tried to mend around it, the dry skin chafing microscopically against the cast's interior, it was all there.

Pressing her fingers down lightly against the top of his hand, she focused on the memory of the healing energies she used in the Metaverse. In her mind's eye- and maybe the real world, it was a fuzzier sort of distinction to her right now- there was a ripple of rainbow colors that moved from her shoulder and down her arm, through her fingers, and into Ren's arm. The back of her head stung a little from the force of keeping this power grounded here, in the physical world, and she could feel the energy flowing from her body and trying to settle into his- successfully, but not with nearly as much gusto as it would have in that other place.

She realized she'd been holding her breath and finally took another, the energy receding back up her arm as she drew her hand back slowly, looking back at Ren's face once again. There was a furrow of concern there, and a slightly weary look in her eyes. "...Did.. Did it work?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  10. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Ren silently rose a brow as Futaba told him to hold still; 'really' still, as she put it. Normally asking for trust then being told to hold still sounded...sort of like something Ryuji would ask of him. Probably something dangerous or stupid about to happen. Probably something that would stress Makoto out, make Futaba laugh, and excite Morgana. But instead, it was different.

"Alright," he agreed - lowering his utensil and straightening his posture slightly, as if it would help Futaba somehow do...whatever it was she was about to do. No comment made when she put her fingers on top of her head, like someone from a movie that played in the middle of the night, trying to read minds or do telekinesis. Instead, he just watched and let whatever was about to happen, happen.

A warmth spreading throughout his arm, almost caused him to move; but Futaba's orders stilled him. Slight surprise widening his eyes as his gaze shifted from his broken arm, to his adopted little sister. She was...healing him? In reality? Outside the Metaverse and reach of their Persona?

It wasn't even a thought that had occurred to him. The worlds (thankfully) divided enough, he never assumed the power could be accessed. But he also never tried. Questions pilling upon questions as the warmth continued to spread through his arm. It almost felt like being hit with a Dia spell, but different. Without the warping of the cognitive world, it felt...hotter. Slightly less comfortable, but not uncomfortable.

This was...incredible.

Futaba took a deep breath suddenly - looking sort of...exhausted. The warmth quickly fading, being replaced with...nothing. There wasn't an idle throb present anymore, or even itch. It just felt like an arm.

"How...?" he stared down at his arm - moving it a bit; feeling it still feel wrong but the idle pain no longer plaguing him. It was still broken, just better. Much better.

"Y-yeah it worked," he smiled, a faint laugh falling from his lips, "I think it's still...broken but it doesn't hurt anymore. I didn't know you could use your Persona powers outside the Metaverse," slight awe in his voice as he glanced up at Futaba, "That's incredible. Thank you."

11. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Wow, that took a bit out of her. She'd summoned Prometheus here before, used his energy a little, but hadn't had a reason to use Dia yet. Evidently making it corporeal and using its psionics was a bit different. But she didn't mind. If it worked, it was worth it. She could always sleep later, maybe for days if she wanted. Ren might not if his arm hurt that bad and he's been through a lot more and therefore had the most need in this situation. She may not always be 'good', but she knew that was right.

He looked pretty surprised as he tried moving his arm and she watched intently, shifting to a crouch in her chair as she looked over him. What if she did it wrong and messed it up more- no. She didn't feel like that had happened and Prometheus would know. His look of shock, his smile, they didn't say that either. She gave him a small smirk, arms curled around her knees. How? "I still have a few secrets," she joked, then shook her head. "Nah. Just wanted to help and not be real-life useless, so I've been practicing, just in case."

The awe and the thanks brought a wider smile and a look of amazement and she almost reflexively shook her head in denial- then stopped and thought, and nodded. "Personas are pretty amazing, and Pandora is pretty weird, so sometimes they can push the limits. I bet you could do it way better than I can if you tried!" And that was just to say the least. Even with that she looked a little disappointed that it hadn't completely fixed his arm and started to reach over again. Maybe if she just used a little more.. "Sorry, sorry. I'm glad it feels better, but maybe if I try again.." But she hesitated, feeling how heavy her arm seemed, how her pulse was still racing a little and how this particular sitting position was more effort than usual. Awwwwww :( .

"Or I can try later?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  12. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    It was sort of like taking a drink of coffee after going most of the day without any form of caffeine. The lack of throbbing pain clearing his head and improving his mood more than he would have guessed. He...really owed Futaba for this. Over the counter painkillers helped, but never really fully took care of the pain. Just dulled it a bit. Ren still very aware of it basically during all waking ours. And...sometimes at night, if he rolled over wrong. Causing him to sleep lighter than usual...and even worse. Not that he was really getting many hours in the first place.

"You're not useless," the words catching him a bit off-guard, "I'm...really sorry if I made you feel like you were," gaze falling to his curry - sigh heavy on his lips.

Ren nodded, agreeing Pandora was...different. When reality and the other-world clashed here in late August, they hadn't ceased to be like back home. Instead they were just able to summon their Personas in reality. It was easy to forget that Pandora worked differently. More moving pieces and differences then normally came to mind. He...never even really thought about trying to summon his Persona or its powers outside the Metaverse. Maybe...when he was better he'd try. Something small.

"Yeah, I'll definattely start seeing if I can. Probably...wait until after the trial though," he shifted a bit in his seat, "I...think I'm too stressed to do much of anything right now."

He really shouldn't have let that slip, but it wasn't really a secret.

Ren was surprised at Futaba wanting to do better - leaning back slightly as she reached forward, "Yeah, let's not do any more for now," he could easily see her fatigue, "I...really don't want you hurting yourself over this," his voice careful - not wanting to push her away but also not wanting her to break herself in trying to fix him, "Let's just stick to...once in awhile? I sort of just...want my arm to force me to take it easy for awhile, anyway," it sounded stupid as soon as he said it, "...Only so much trouble I can get into with this," a smile pulling at his lips, as he rose his cast slightly.

13. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    She hadn't meant to make him feel guilty, even a little, and she shook her head. "No, no, it wasn't you, and wasn't what I meant. I feel it all by myself, but I'm getting better about it too," she explained with a sort of soft confidence, then took a bite of her curry and swallowed it before continuing. "Like making the curry. If I get too scared to try it, there's nothing that will ever be any good, right? So I just have to keep on my list so I know that I'm always doing something. That's all." She gave him a bright smile and looked back at his arm. "Sorry. I'm just.. happy it worked."

For a moment she just quietly smiled, taking a couple more tired bites as she shifted back to really sitting in her chair, her muscles feeling a bit loose and wobbly- especially after he pulled away. A flash of a brow furrowed in confusion, a little worried look behind her eyes- but then it was over. He seemed fine, just like he didn't want to go on, and that was totally okay. This was a lot. Spacing it out was probably better. Besides, it seemed like he wanted to take it easy, even if she didn't understand how having something broken was easy at all. But it was his choice and she respected it more than almost anything in her life.

Well, except for the Five Second Rule. That trumped all.

"You need lots of rest. We can definitely do it later though, when you're feeling it again, if you want. By the way... what was it like?" she asked him, curiosity breaking through the tiredness. "It didn't hurt, did it?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  14. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    There was some relief that came in learning that he wasn't the cause of her feeling useless. Maybe it was just a side-effect of winter; even she was saying it was something that just...happened with her. A small smile finding his lips as she compared it to making curry, and spoke of her list that he helped her restart and slowly go through back home.

"I'm happy it worked too," gaze falling back to his cast, still stunned with how different it felt. And...the idea of summoning his Persona outside of the Metaverse. The world's seems so disconnected, but Pandora...did work much more differently than back home. Technically the Other World was accessible by portal; the app on their phone technically just a shortcut. Once things were calmer, he'd definitely try.

...Even if things went poorly, being able to use his Persona in the Dread Wastes would be useful.

"Yeah, I may ask for it again later. Especially when I'm trying to sleep," he admitted, tugging at his sleeve above his cast, "That...idle pain has been keeping me from sleeping much," a slight shrug, was quickly followed by him eating a bit more.

At Futaba's question about what it felt like, he glanced up from his curry - a brow rising in idle question, "You've...never been healed in the Metaverse, have you?" he asked, realizing that with her pointing them in the right direction, she stayed away from the combat. She never had a chance to get hurt.

Ren leaned on the table, searching for the right words to describe it, "It's...it doesn't hurt, no. It's like a warmth that comes from the inside out. I can heal you next time we're in the Metaverse so you can feel it," a gentle smile finding his lips, "It's...comforting."

15. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Wow, had it been hurting him that much? A look of belated dismay crossed Futaba's face; she'd really missed a lot, hadn't she. Not that all of it was her fault, with people coming and going and the fact everyone seemed to have this weird, self-enforced code of silence after all of the drama. A house made of eggshells couldn't take too many shake-ups. But she had been pretty quiet herself, too afraid of rocking the boat or making people upset when they were already nearly there. There was no going backward but at least she could make sure she didn't fall into that trap again.

"Anytime you want. Wake me up if you need to, or call me, I'll be glad to help!" she told her brother with a quick nod, nearly getting a strand of hair into her food with her enthusiasm- though it just missed. "Sorry I didn't try sooner. I sort of thought you were sleeping a lot since you were so quiet and I didn't want to mess that up after- well, all the stuff. Which is kinda silly, I guess." Come to think of it, she couldn't remember a time Ren had gotten mad at her for bothering him- and yet, that tiny voice in the back of her head kept trying to get her to believe it.

That voice was a jerk. And wrong. She needed to get that tattooed somewhere so she didn't forget again.

At his question she swallowed the next bite she'd taken and blinked, then nodded in agreement with him before sipping some coffee so her mouth was unstuck enough to answer. "I never got hurt in the Metaverse, so it wasn't really necessary. And no one else could really use that stuff outside it, so that didn't happen either." Outside the Metaverse, sure- but Prometheus didn't really let much happen to her once there was Shadows involved.

The offer took her by surprise, which showed in her widened eyes- but she grinned, then hesitated, then simply smiled. "I.. It sounds nice. But I don't want to make you waste mana if we're fighting and stuff, you know?" she tried to clarify, hoping she didn't sound like she didn't believe in him, or like she thought he was suggesting something stupid- because he definitely wasn't. She just knew how hard those palaces and metaverse trips could get. "So.. would it really be okay?"

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  16. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "Futaba I..." he hesitated - eyes dropping, as he pushed food around on his plate for a moment, "Never feel like you're intruding with me. If you're worried about coming in, just text me first," he shrugged, offering a quiet smile, "I've...basically just been trying to not think about the trial, and not doing much. A...lot of farm sims though," an actual laugh falling from his lips.

Something about managing a farm eased his nerves.

"No mana wasted," he assured her, "And...Futaba? Thanks...for dragging me out of my room. I think I really needed this."

17. Futaba Sakura

Futaba Sakura Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Had she upset him? A moment's confusion passed over her face and she cocked her head- but it seemed to pass, and she went from headtilt to nod. Right, she could text, just in case he was asleep or something. Make sure she wasn't walking in on anything like the random broon or makeouts with Mishima or whatever else- not that she was really going to be bothered by it, but they might be. Better for everyone's sanity.

Heh, farming sims. She couldn't fault that, even if they weren't always her cup of tea. Too much to keep track of, too much that needed constant control. Some people liked that though, having a place where the only thing that could or would happen was what you could plan around, alter or use to your advantage. Sounded like him. "Get any good harvests? I always wondered if there was a way to make one that followed real-life seasons or weather or.."

But she stopped at his thanks, and smiled and nodded in return. "Anytime, adoptabro. Glad you could come out, and that you're home." And she really was. That had to be obvious, right? Another bite, but that farming thing came back to her and she continued without meaning to. "Is that a good idea or a bad idea for a farming game though, because it could take away escapism.."

They were gonna have a good talk. For sure.

END.

Ren Amamiya likes this.