By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Waking Nightmare

Discussion in 'Dread Wastes' started by Gamora, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    Eastern Dusk Forests, near Twilight Marshes |
    Evening | September 14, Year 108
    Gamora breathed in sharply. She could hear the rattle of mucous in her nostrils. She had been in sharp, acute pain. Then, she had known nothing. It didn't make sense. For a moment, she tried to remember why she had been in so much pain.

It was unusual for her. Avoiding pain had become one of her chief goals in life out of necessity.

Then she remembered.

"Peter-" she said, urgently. Only, it didn't sound very urgent. It sounded thick, slow, and stuck to her tongue and the roof of her mouth. She blinked her eyes open. Everything was extremely different. Confusing. She squinted, reaching up slowly and heavily to try and shield her eyes, to make out anything that would be familiar or that would tell her where she was.

She wasn't on Ego's planet anymore. That much was for sure. She didn't think she was on the ship either. That part worried her. She hoped that somehow she had saved Peter, dragged him back to the ship, that they'd escaped and she'd just passed out and forgotten about it. Only, a solid rock of heavy, sickening regret told her that wasn't true.

"Rocket..." she raged, accused, but the sound was only a little stronger and she coughed rather pathetically. She stared up above her, still not having completely righted herself from lying on her back. She wanted to curse that little vermin. He had done this. He was the reason she was in agony. He was the reason she... she hadn't...

She hadn't.

She knew with solid, sickening, thudding certainty that she hadn't done it. She hadn't gone to get Peter. He was still down there somewhere - alone with that madman, and he couldn't even be called a man. Alone with his father who was a monster. Alone on a planet that was about to explode from its core from a mining nuke. Alone and dying. Alone and maybe dead.

Gamora sucked in breath to try again - to rage, to thrash, to curse, but then her eyes betrayed her heart and burned. She felt the tiniest, weak droplets at the outer corner of each eye. Then all that breath only served one purpose. She rolled onto her side and found herself heaving - dry-heaving - with nothing but her heart and a weak stream of saliva to come out.

Yondu Udonta likes this.
  2. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Millicent had been looking and exploring the new and changed world of Pandora, having a better grasp on life and rebirth then most within this strange realm. It wasn't as big of an odd occurrence for her when she returned to the world of Pandora as Millicent was uncertain she had truly died during the school's collapse. But right now she was walking with her companion Sid through a rather strange forest though nothing like ones back home, as she had yet to be attacked by sentient trees and nests filled with poison bats.

As she came over a small incline, Millicent picked up on some noise coming loudly from the distance. She had heard two names yelled at high volumes and with a certain amount of anger and or venom to them, then the noise changed to something akin to sickness. Whether it was some form of injury or illness Millicent didn't know but she felt she must find out, encase the person was in need of aid. Millicent started off with a jog towards the location of the sounds, spotting a green woman of some kind on the ground. She motioned for Sid to wait beside a nearby tree as he was known to be quite shocking when someone first meets him and this lady might not need that encounter just yet.

Millicent slowed down as she came closer, she didn't want to appear as an aggressor so she stopped a couple of metres away. "Are you hurt, do you need aid" inquired Millicent as she waited for an answer from the lady "I am Millicent, I wish you no harm. But if you need medical attention, I'll see what I can do to help" added Millicent to make certain she seemed friendly enough as introducing oneself is always a friendly course of action.

Gamora likes this.
  3. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gamora wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Her fingers curled in scrubby grass and soil that seemed a little too rich to produce such a meager crop. She heard someone speaking to her, but she didn't recognize the voice. At first, it was all just a ringing in her ears. She knew she couldn't be in any real danger. Not here, not now. She was somewhere else, somewhere wrong, and somewhere other than where she was supposed to be.

Finally, she lifted her head and saw another woman. Thinking back just a moment, she managed to piece together what the woman had said from the background noise of Gamora's own sickened conscience. She considered it, and she immediately decided with near-disgust that whatever was happening here, to her, with her, around her, it couldn't matter.

"I'm fine," she said roughly. She looked down again, still hoding her weight up against her hands. She reconsidered for a second and looked up again, rising to her knees and dusting off her hands on her pants as well as she could. She looked around as her spine straightened. "... What is this place?"

4. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "That is good" responded Millicent as the lady started to rise from her seated position, it wasn't hard to guess that this lady might very well be a newcomer to this world. And whatever she had just come from, must have been something rather heavy if given her cursing and what sounded like dry heaving earlier.

I'm uncertain this forest has a name but if you mean the world, it is called Pandora. This might be hard to believe but you've been taken from your world and or dimension and deposited into this one. We all have the same experience of being taken, and before you ask. No one knows how to return, it seems to happen at random occurrences" informed Millicent to the lady, having had done this at least once or twice before to others.

However, she hoped that this green lady reacted in a non-violent way though it wasn't that she couldn't protect herself. And thankfully there was no one else around them to get hurt, but she'd rather not give someone such a cold welcome. Especially given the jolt that people get and sometimes the moments they're taken from can make for bad combinations upon arriving.

5. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gamora planted her right boot - a platform shaped a little like a heel but a mite more practical with a solid base - and started to rise from her knees. She bent down to dust off her clothes again, like it mattered. She was already a mess with pinkish bruises and brown and orange dust marking her green skin. She stared at the woman for a moment. Her mouth worked as if to form words. It gaped softly for just a moment or two. She shook her head, feeling herself pulled back into that same space, that same moment she had just experienced with Rocket, but only in her mind.

"No," she insisted. "You don't understand. I don't have time for this right now. Someone I... Someone needs my help. He's in danger, and I can't... be..." She looked up, around, and back at the woman as if she had some kind of power over this. The fact that she knew so much might at least give that impression, but right now Gamora just needed soemone to blame and someone to press. She couldn't do this now.

6. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "You are not the only one, who has responsibilities back home. I have several towns and cities under my direct charge and protection, without which hundreds if not thousands might die.

But even those with abilities to jump dimensions cannot escape this place forcefully if it's any comfort. It's been speculated that you may be brought back to your world at the same time you left, however, that can't be proven"
    informed Millicent in a rather matter of fact tone, noting the lady's return to anger like mannerisms.

She sighed knowing full well that life here can be harrowing especially if one has others to take care of and or help in some way. "I'm sorry but I can't give you any more assurances than I have, I can lead you to some form of civilisation but beyond that. It is for you to make a life in Pandora until you're returned to whence you came" added Millicent who was more than ready should the lady attempt anything untoward.

7. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gamora looked around again and considered it. She could tell the woman was getting defensive, but Gamora didn't want to attack anyone. She just wanted out of here. She paced around a little, reaching out and feeling one of the trees, feeling the ground beneath her feet. She looked back to the woman.

"You're serious?" she confirmed. She didn't need an answer,
    but it still hit her hard in the gut. Make a life here - that wasn't an option. Her life was with her friends, her... family, her... "What is this place? 'Pandora,' you said. Is it some sort of pocket dimension, or... a simulation or..."
    she listed, pausing for an answer.

8. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Millicent was fairly certain, at least in her experience here and back home. That the question of one's seriousness was more rhetorical than an actual question, that needed answering. The lady then proceeded to pace back and forth and put her hand on a nearby tree, she doubted that her green hue allowed her communion with the plant life. Otherwise, they would've told her the same thing that Millicent had been trying to explain.

Next came a question asking for more detail "I believe it's an alternate dimension that's sealed to others, it might be a pocket one or just simply a smaller dimension. Things physically change quite often here, you're lucky to arrive after the last change and not before or during. But I will say that, yes, this is a real place. People live and die here just as anywhere else" replied Millicent.

9. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gamora felt her focus narrow and fade onto nothing.

"People live and people... die..." came an echo she barely heard. She was thinking it through, feeling tight in her gut.

10. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Millicent sighed, she probably shouldn't have said it like that. Must of been her Rathma training bleeding through, as their doctorine often spoke of such things as a way of life. But right now that lady didn't need to hear such things, especially given how rattled she now looked.

"The occurance is not common, I know of only one certain death and maybe two or three possible ones. The certain one was a self sacrifice for the safety of others, the rest were mere specualtion in a climate of uncertainty. So it's not as bad as it sounds, this place has been here for some years. As such that number is actually quite reasonable, honestly" replied Millicent hoping to relieve some of the ladies stress.

11. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    Content Warning

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gamora shook her head. It wasn't death she feared. Not here, anyway. This place couldn't be real. This place, at the very least, couldn't become her reality when she knew what was happening outside of it with the only place and the only people that mattered to her right now.

"No, I..." she started to explain. "I thought maybe if people... can leave and this isn't.. the same world that maybe I could..." She looked down at her arms, the exposed parts of them near her wrists. She was sturdy. She had been trained to be. She had been trying to survive to the next day for so many years, but what if surviving somewhere else meant...

12. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Millicent's calling was to some a horrid choice, though to her it was more of a belief and way to know the balance between all things. She was in her own mind and those that taught her, a priest of Rathma. What that religion taught, was that all things needed balance and that life and death were merely flips of a singular coin. Something all beings in some way succumb to eventually but always that unnecessary death and self-inflicted deaths were not only unfortunate for the person themselves but those that cherish them.

"I can promise you, this place is real. We all have things at home, that we wish we could return too. Just take solace in the fact, that will return. When that is, I'm uncertain. However, I wouldn't take any form of drastic action. You'll find it won't return you, to your dimension" exclaimed Millicent knowing full well those that die here don't even return to their world's or belief's afterlife. Having been present when Wanda had gone in search of the hero known as Superman.

Though he has returned in some way, the reports have shown that he is not all there in many ways. Millicent hoped this lady didn't take a darker walk, in that same direction. As she could feel the emanations coming to the lady and that wasn't good, hopefully, she could keep her focus on her person.

13. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since self-destruction didn't seem to offer any immediate solution to her problem and was pretty contrary to her nature in the first place, Gamora tried to dismiss it - the inward pressure on her temples that pleaded for any way out. She wouldn't find it that way; at least, there was little to no promise that she would. She would have to find out more some other way.

"Who puts us here?" she inquired, wondering if that may offer any more information. Perhaps if she knew the nature of what kept her away from Peter and the others, she could bargain with it. Or fight for what she needed.

14. Millicent

Millicent Diablo III

Priest of Rathma
    Race:
    Nephalem
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    It seemed that the lady had chosen not to take drastic measures, which was thankful because needless death was never needed. And whatever world she came from, and things she needed to get done wouldn't happen if she did take that route. And while Millicent was a Necromancer, she didn't bring people back from the brink permanently and it was never they were never the same as they were in life.

Then the real question was asked, who had put all these people in this one place. "Truly it is uncertain, but most attribute it to some form of Pandorian Pantheon of gods. Possibly bored in the world they originally controlled, and just decided to make their own more exciting one. Otherwise, it's never been established, this pantheon has never been reached" replied Millicent in a fairly calm and almost cold tone.

15. Gamora

Gamora Marvel Universe

Race:
    Zehoberei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gamora rolled her eyes, but even that felt like too shallow a response for what she had just been told.

"Just what I needed. More gods lording over life and death..." she said. It wasn't that she had any particular disdain for gods themselves, but Thanos thought himself a god. She had grown up to be a genuine angel of death, and she was weary of deities whose sole purpose seemed to be meddling with life and death but little between. She would have given almost anything for something she actually felt inclined to pray to for help saving her friends, her family, but she looked to the sky above her and there was nothing at all.