HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Wandering Feet

Discussion in 'Tavoie Borough' started by Asriel Dreemurr, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Asriel Dreemurr

Asriel Dreemurr Undertale

Ex-prince
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    January 6th, 3 days after arrival to Pandora

He had spent the entire day helping others, specifically everyone at the orphanage.

Asriel had been there for a couple of days and already others were warming up to him. Right now he needed a break from volunteering to clean and entertaining the younger ones. Yes he was a very friendly goat child but even he needed a little break to collect his thoughts. He was still wrapping his head around this enormous city. Pandora Town, by its description from asking others, was so enormous that it was scary at first. The more he thought about living in this huge city, though, the more he was coming to terms with its size and numerous faces from all over. This was a good opportunity to make new friends and hopefully meet up with some old friends! Well okay maybe the latter was scarier than the city's size. What if his biological parents showed up? He had come to terms with his fate and had distanced himself from them for their own sakes. Wasn't it better to have them think he was dead and heal from the grief than open up old scars again? He thought so. He had introduced himself and had quickly made a few friends, more-so from the younger crowd who enjoyed how plush his fur was. One little human had even compared him to her teddy bear toy. Oddly enough, she was right. He was as soft as her toy. He knew that because she allowed him to hug it. He never thought himself as that soft but he was raised to preen for his eventual inheritance of the throne when he was an adult. The ex-prince hadn't known what his parents had been up to until he became Flowey and thought back on his old life.

Asriel felt like he was going to fit right in already, flaws and all.

He had slipped out when everyone was distracted and decided to take a walk. The goat Monster wanted to see more of the city and he couldn't do that while being in an orphanage. Having been Flowey for so long made him restless as he was always on the move back home while as the demented daisy. If things had panned out in another direction, he would've been happy with staying inside all the time, away from the outside world. This part of town looked amazing and he had wanted to explore it sooner but he had been doing volunteer work. The lanterns built a whimsical atmosphere as did the moss growing on the rooftops. Sticking to the sidewalk, he stuffed his fluffy paw-hands into the pockets of his new pants and gave himself some time off from willingly cleaning windows and putting away scattered toys. He still did kid stuff like draw pictures and play hide and seek between volunteering but Pandora was new and he wanted to see what it was all about. He avoided bumping into other people, furry feet padding on the sidewalk. Asriel didn't care where he was going, but he didn't want to stray too far from the orphanage either. He had his phone on him so he could call for help if needed.

Hopefully he wouldn't need to use it!

He learned a lot as Flowey, not about fighting, but about how to use a silver tongue and keep himself out of trouble. He had manipulated others as a flower and thinking back on it, that skill stuck with him. He never knew when it would come in handy. Looking up from staring at his feet while walking and reminiscing, he stopped short when he saw a human with a knife move up from his relaxed stance against a wall to stand in his way. He felt the intent on him. That human clearly didn't like what he saw. Asriel's good time was starting to become a bad time as the thug in leather spoke, "Check this out. I come here to visit Tavoie Borough and I find a little fuzzy freak. What's a guy gotta do to get it through your heads? You're not welcome in Pandora Town." Oh. Did he not like Monsters or something? Maybe he was in a bad mood. He felt that friendly introductions weren't going to diffuse this situation. He was angry about something and didn't seem like the type to tell given how that pocket knife was dangerously close to his nose. The goat child started talking, "Wait, I really think we should sit down and talk-" but never got to finish. The man interrupted him, "I don't talk to freaks. I get them out of my town." Asriel wanted to say more but the knife cut across his muzzle already, a fine dust trailing the blade as it left. Fortunately he had the smarts to quickly back away, resulting in the knife scratching his face instead of gouging it. Luckily the dust stopped flying so he wasn't in danger of being cast to the wind after that hit. He really didn't want to hurt this human but he wasn't going to change his mind so he did what any smart kid would do.

He ran back the other way, the thug following him while spouting threats.

2. Maglor

Maglor Tolkien Legendarium

Musician
    Race:
    Elf (Noldo)
    Of all the places for a man with anti-supernatural sentiments to go, Tavoie Borough was, perhaps, not the wisest of choices. One of Pandora Town's more eclectic districts, filled with artists and musicians and those of a more artistic bent, it also attracted a fair few beings who were something...other than human as well, and the air lie thick with magic.It was not a region of town that would be welcoming to idiots who went about waving knives at children and chasing them down the street -- never mind that the child in question happened to be rather fluffier than usual -- and eventually the man was going to run into someone and be the worse off for it.

Maglor was with Elros that day, and perhaps that had something to do with it. In the months since the both of them had arrived in Pandora town, the only sense of home the other could claim, they had reached something of a truce. Maglor had an audition earlier that morning and had taken Elros with him. The half-elven child was now wandering along a few feet ahead of Maglor as they made their way back to the apartment, though every few feet he would cast a glance behind himself, as though to ensure that Maglor was still there. It felt...odd, really, just in it's familiarity. How many centuries had Maglor spent caring for his younger brothers? And now this boy, the son of those who'd made themselves his enemy...

The elf shook his head, adjusting the strap of his harp and the way it sat, slung across his shoulder. That was when the shouts first assaulted his ears.

Elros froze ahead of him, diving just out of the way as a blur of white fur came flying past. And then came the man, the unmistakeable gleam of a blade in his hand, spitting curses and threats as he chased after the child.

He ran right into Maglor, and the elf, acting on centuries of war-honed instinct, grabbed him. Reaching back, he pulled the knife hidden in his boot. In his time in Pandora, Maglor had taken to carrying his sword with him less and less, but still, to go into the world without some weapon left him feeling naked. Pressing the blade to the man's throat, he said, quiet calmly, and quite clearly, "Drop your weapon. Now."

Asriel Dreemurr likes this.
  3. Asriel Dreemurr

Ex-prince
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Asriel stopped running when he heard "Hey, let go of me, man! That pipsqueak's getting away!"

He hadn't seen the pointed ears yet otherwise he wouldn't have said that. The goat child approached the tense situation with care, keeping his distance yet remaining in earshot of what was happening. He hadn't seen a human with pointed ears before. Maybe they weren't human! They also had a little one nearby who seemed just as confused as he was. The thug finally realized that the elf had threatened him with a knife pulled from his boot and promptly dropped the pocket knife. Either the guy was really slow or really fixated on Asriel. The fuzzy child was determined not to let that thug get his hands on that knife again so ignoring all common reasoning he plodded up to the pair, picked up the pocket knife, and crammed it into a trouser pocket without looking away from the thug, disappointment plastered onto his furry face. He didn't know this person, or the little one, but he was eternally grateful for their help.

His determined, steely glare intensified at the leather-wearing bully, who wriggled a little in Maglor's iron grip uncomfortably from such a fiery stare coming from a fluffy hapless freak, "For your safety and the safety of others, I'm taking your knife away from you. I'm going to show you mercy, but I don't know about my new friends over here. It's up to them now." Asriel knew that everyone was different and some were more stubborn than others. He also knew that mercy wouldn't work on everyone. Flowey certainly didn't deserve any. His actions were unforgivable. If they decided to kill this human, then he wouldn't stop them. The choice was theirs. The thug looked terrified at what Asriel had said. The ex-prince resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Bullies were the same when it boiled down to it. Can't give 'em an inch!

4. Maglor

Musician
    Race:
    Elf (Noldo)
    Eru help him, but the words that fur-covered child spoke reminded Maglor of nothing so much as something he would find Maitimo saying. Maglor paused, eyeing the goat child for a passing moment, eyes narrowing thoughtfully, as he shook his head. Ai, but imagine what Maitimo would even think, to hear my thoughts right now! Perhaps his elder brother might even laugh to hear the comparison, but it made it no less true, strange as the truth was. He could easily imagine his brother speaking those words. Or, perhaps it was better to say, the words were something his elder brother would have said in more peaceful times, before their war had hardened and twisted every last member of his family and started killing them off.

The man hit the ground at a stumbling run as Maglor released him, a long string of curses escaping from him as he tripped backwards, eyes still fixed on both elf and goat child. For his part Maglor seemed to be ignoring this. "I would leave this place if I were you, I am not the only one living here who finds your particular views...distasteful." He said, not even looking at the man and instead, kneeling down to slip his knife back into his boot. A moment passed, and then another, and then with a sound as though his feet couldn't smack the earth hard or fast enough, the man ran off. Craven. Chases down a child, and yet cannot stand to fight a being his own size... Maglor shook his head, his gaze darting over towards Elros only to notice the half-elf eyeing him warily. Holding up is hands, as though to show he was weaponless, Maglor pushed himself to his feet. It was only as his attention turned more on the goat child that Elros began moving back towards him, however.

"You speak wisely for one so young." Maglor said, bowing his head slightly in greeting. "But how did you come to run into him to begin with?"

#4 Maglor, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 8:23 AM
  5. Asriel Dreemurr

Ex-prince
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Yeah he better run!

Asriel watched him go until the elf's voice got his attention. Oh, where were his manners? This person just saved his fuzzy butt and he hadn't introduced himself yet! How rude! First his question had to be answered, "Thank you! I was out for a walk trying to clear my head of some things until he moved off the wall. I wasn't watching where I was going, I guess. Oh, where are my manners? Howdy! I'm Asriel Dreemurr. Nice to meet you. Thank you for saving me." He looked him in the eye as he answered, keeping a diplomatic, friendly air around him. He dug around his trouser pocket until he found the knife that he had confiscated (stole) from that human. Making sure he kept his fingers away from the blade, he held it out for Maglor to take, "I won't have much use for this and I don't want it in the hands of any other. You're good with a blade! You may find a use for this." Asriel trusted this man. If he wasn't trustworthy, he wouldn't help him. Humans didn't care for Monsters except for those that fell down into the mountain. Something nagged at the goat child that the man who saved him wasn't human at all. He didn't want to pry into his business unless he was comfortable with it.

He noticed Elros and waved hi to him with his free hand, "Howdy! I'm Asriel!"

Old habits died hard. He was definitely Toriel and Asgore's son. Their politeness and pampering really stuck with him and made him into a sweet kid. It had unfortunately made him naive to the deceptive nature of humans considering he had zero idea of what they were like. He was born underground, not during the Human-Monster war. He hadn't even seen the stars for themselves until after his sibling had died. Before that, his father had star charts that he would share with him. Now he was in a city with a wide open sky and creatures of all shapes, sizes, and personalities. Hopefully his friends would show up to enjoy some form of Surface, even if it wasn't the one they were promised to see.

6. Maglor

Musician
    Race:
    Elf (Noldo)
    "Ah, well..." The corners of Maglor's lips lifted slightly, an attempt at a smile for the goat...boy...Asriel, though his gaze quickly darted away, to the cobbles lining the road, then back as though he were checking on Elros again, though in truth it was just an excuse to hide his face. It had been a long time since anything he had ever done could be considered 'heroic,' had been something he could be thanked over. Bt in attacking a child, though? Maglor's eyes lingered on Elros for a moment. His memories flickered back even farther, to Doriath, to those two twin boys his brother's servants had discovered and had --

No. That was beyond the pale. How could he not step in? Maglor shook his head, turning back to Asriel as the boy held out the pocketknife he'd taken off of his attacker towards him, saying that the elf might find some more use from it that he did. Maglor took it, if somewhat reluctantly, flipping the blade back into it's handle and slipping it all back into some hidden pocket on the side of his harp's case. 'In all hopes," Maglor muttered under his breath, "I won't."

"You must forgive us," He began again turning his attention back to Asriel, "For not introducing ourselves I am --"

But Maglor cut himself off as he noticed Asriel waving to Elros and introducing himself. Again, something of smile appeared on the elf's face, though this time perhaps a bit softer, perhaps a bit more genuine.

Elros peered out from behind Maglor's leg at the other boy. He looked older, bigger definitely. Still...he seemed friendly enough. "Mae Govanen." Eros murmured, stepping just a bit forward and bowing hi head a little, trying to his to portray the proud elven lord, the decedent of Beren and Lúthien that he was supposed to be. (That smile Maglor wore grew, just a little bit.) "I'm Elros, and he's Maglor." there was a pause for a moment, and Elros narrowed his eyes as though in thought, canting his head to the side. "Why are you so furry?" The question came as more innocent and plainly curious than anything else, "You aren't some weird kind of orc are you? You don't act like one."

"Elros!" But Maglor bit his own tongue before he could say more, his eyes growing wide as he slipped a hand up over his face, struggling not to gape at the young boy.

7. Asriel Dreemurr

Ex-prince
    Race:
    Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Asriel watched carefully, as observant as he was when he was Flowey.

He wasn't used to being thanked? How odd. His keen ears also picked up something else but he didn't pry on any of it. If he wanted to tell him what was bugging him, well the ex-prince would be more than happy to lend an ear. He'd lend an ear no matter how grim it was. He could take it. He's done similar or worse, much to his disgust and sorrow. This Flowey business was going to eat him alive someday but that forsaken flower was unforgivable. Maybe making new friends would help him prove to himself that he wasn't going to regress back into the evil buttercup. He had a SOUL of his very own now! Of course he wasn't going to become Flowey!

Still, Pandora had plenty of surprises left.

He mimicked the respectful bow in response to Elros' bow, inadvertently learning a part of their culture and customs in doing so. He didn't want to be rude or come off as rude. He saw Maglor do it and wasn't sure if that was his personal hello or a culture thing. After seeing Elros do it, he pegged it as the latter. The curious question and Maglor's reaction made him giggle in response to it, almost snorting obnoxiously. He managed to compose himself to answer, "It's okay, I'll be more than happy to answer his questions. I'm furry because my mom and dad were furry too. No, I'm not an orc. I'm a Monster, and that's Monster with a capital 'M', not those big scary ones you might be thinking of. We're magical creatures." He gently grabbed one of his floppy ears and waved it at Elros, "If you're curious about how furry I am, go ahead and touch my ear! Maybe if you want I can show you a cool magic trick too." Sometimes Asriel was too nice for his own good.