By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Wave rider

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Will Solace, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Will Solace

Will Solace Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Race:
    Human demi-god
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Date- 6th August, Year 7
    Tags- @Ayano Tateyama

It was late afternoon and yet the blonde teenager fully intended to make use of the sunshine, he'd checked how the waves were meant to be that afternoon and fully intended to use the sunshine as his chance to catch a few waves. He wanted to become as good a surfer as his father and Will had managed to convince a couple of his friends to join him. The beach was practically deserted when they got there, a couple of people here and there, as the group moved towards the water, dumping their stuff. In a pile before all of them with their boards moved towards the ocean, Will on this occasion was wearing a black and orange wet suit because he knew in this crowd of young people he would feel self conscious about his old scars.

Most of the group though were just in swim suits, but once he was out on the ocean with them, trying to ride the waves he stopped caring about what they were all wearing focusing only on getting the smoothest ride and having a good time. After awhile the group began to deplete as others headed home or to work until Will was the last one left riding waves, determinedly he stuck at it for a bit longer before deciding to pause for a bit and have some of his water for the activity was thirsty work. So he rode a particularly big wave closer to shore before sitting to paddle himself into shallow waters and pick up the board to wander up the beach to his stuff.

As he waded through the shallow waves he ran his free hand through his wet hair, pushing it off his face and his bright, blue gaze fell upon someone on the beach whom he'd not noticed moments before, he was going to need to walk past her to get to his stuff. At first he felt the age old wariness brought on by the suffering he'd had in Pandora, before he pushed that down and flashed the girl a big grin saying"Hi, you been here long?" The girl didn't look familiar so perhaps she was a tourist so he added cheerfully"The ocean's beautiful right?"

#1 Will Solace, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Ayano Tateyama likes this.
  2. Ayano Tateyama

Ayano Tateyama Kagerou Project
    Red is the color of a hero

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Cascade Bay's beach was wonderful and Ayano couldn't help but want to go there again. Instead of going to the water herself, however, she just wanted to do some people watching and enjoy the social gathering aspect of it. Once it started getting late, she spotted a group of people who came in to start surfing, as there were plenty of waves that day.

Surfing was something Ayano had never been interested in doing herself, since she saw herself as too clumsy to do something like that and she didn't think the risk was worth it, at least as far as she was concerned. Watching other people do it though? That was always really cool to watch, with the waves crashing down and those people skillfully making their way through the rising water, although sometimes it didn't go so well for them, but nobody seemed to be getting hurt so it was good for a few laughs.

Eventually people started to leave, but Ayano wanted to just stay there a little longer, watching the sunset against the bright ocean. It was then that one of the surfers came to talk to her, talking precisely about the ocean she was so dazzled by.

"For a while, yeah. The ocean is really incredible at this hour." She replied to him, wearing a cheerful smile on her face.

Will Solace likes this.
  3. Will Solace

Will Solace Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Race:
    Human demi-god
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The blonde had not missed how the girl had been gazing at the ocean as if mesmerised by it and Will found that almost endearing, though the age old wariness still burned in the back of his mind. He wished he didn't have the paranoia that bad things were always just around the corner, he wished he could shake those thoughts, that fear but with all that had happened first with the robot and Alphhys, then with the Governor he found himself unable too. So though he smiled brightly at the girl, his bright blue gaze shining with the sunlight as his wet hair flopped in his face again he could feel a tenseness in his muscles. The girl was looking up at him now, a bright smile upon her face as she responded to him, she seemed so genuine, so naively happy it threw him out of the loop a little. He found his smile growing more real as she spoke before he was answering"Sitting watching is peaceful I have found, it soothes the inner spirit..."

Then glancing at the ocean again he added"And the sunset only adds to the beauty of it, if I were an artist this right here is what I would want to paint but alas I can't even draw a stick man let alone the beauty around us." His words now held bemusement to the as he spoke, before he found himself asking this girl who seemed so genuine"Why do you like the ocean so much? Can you explain it?" Then realising he was being so forward with a complete stranger he shifted on the spot slightly, a sheepish expression passing over his tanned, yet heavily freckled face as he spoke again"Sorry, my boyfriend always tells me I need to learn to hold back else I will overwhelm those I am speaking too with my sunniness... So, if it helps... I'm Will and I'm good at letting my curiosity get the best of me.." His voice again held a tone of light hearted humour to it as idly he placed his surfboard into the sand and leaned against it ever so slightly while talking.

Ayano Tateyama likes this.
  4. Ayano Tateyama

Ayano Tateyama Kagerou Project
    Red is the color of a hero

Babysitter
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The boy was quite eager to just go on talking and Ayano was happy to listen to what he had to say. Though he wasn't really giving her much of a window to really reply to anything he was saying or asking, which made things a little awkward but not entirely in a bad way. He seemed to be catching himself on the act though, so at least he was aware of his own tendencies.

"It's alright." Ayano giggled. "I'm not very good at artistic stuff either. I do know how to make do origami though!"

She had gotten a lot of practice making those paper cranes for Shintaro, even if they didn't really accomplish much. She wasn't able to help him the way she wanted and that was something she regretted. Now that she was gone, he probably wasn't doing any better than before, maybe even worse, and Ayano couldn't help but feel guilty.

Looking over the ocean again, Ayano began pondering about the question that he had asked of her. Why was the ocean so beautiful in her eyes? It was something she didn't really consciously think about, it was just pretty, pleasant to look at, but trying to look at it from a more objective point of view...

"I think it's just... the way it shines with the sunlight, the reflection of the sky above it and the way it's so expansive... It kinda makes you think about how big the world really is." She began standing up and dusted her clothes of some of the sand that had gotten stuck in it. "My name is Ayano, it's nice to meet you, Will!" She gave him a little courteous bow, still smiling at him.