HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

we are starstuff || steel's organizer || open for autumn!

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Steel, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Steel

Steel [PUNK ROCK BLASTING ON RADIO]
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hey there, the name's Steel and welcome to my organizer! I'm Greek-Canadian and a 29-year-old bilingual mess with the memory of a sieve. These days I live in Greece, teach English to Greeks of all ages, and proofread and translate on the side. My heart belongs to fantasy and science fiction, but I occasionally dip my toes into other genres. I also sob a lot over fictional characters, so if you engage me in conversation about my fandoms I will love you forever and ever. ( ˘ ³˘) ♥

If you ever want to plot, feel free to PM me, post in here, or tag me in the #plotting channel on our Discord server, but your best bet for casual chatting is finding me on Skype at sobbingmathematically or on Discord at Steel#9294.

[​IMG]
    While this is where you can find a more in-depth list of my roleplay preferences, here's a brief rundown of some things to expect if you want to thread with me:

My aim is to post back to my threads within 1-2 weeks, though my busy schedule often puts a wrench in that. If it's been longer than that, feel free to poke me!

If 3 months have passed and you haven't posted back to our thread, I will reach out to you so we can decide on how best to proceed. I always contact my roleplay partners before dropping threads, so all I ask is that the same courtesy be extended to me.

I usually write a minimum of 200 words and above for my posts. You are in no way required to match my post length as long as you give me enough to work with!

I love rapidfiring, though my busy schedule keeps me from doing it as often as I'd like. Still, if you'd like to rapidfire, don't hesitate to approach me about it. At the most, I can prioritize our threads so that you can receive daily posts from me!

I find that chatting regularly with my thread partners makes me more enthusiastic about our plots, so please don't hesitate to engage me in conversation! I always love making new friends and I swear I don't bite even though I seem to be a big, scary admin, I'm honestly just a potato.

I'm interested in long-lasting relationships between our characters, be they friendships or otherwise, so the best way to reel me in would be with the prospect of us having multiple threads down the road. That isn't to say I'm opposed to one-time deal threads, just that I'm more interested in something long-term!

As far as romance is concerned, while I am open to exploring mutual attraction between our characters, I only really thread it out with players I trust and am comfortable writing with. This isn't to say that I'll refuse players who approach me with romance prospects — if something clicks, I'll be more than happy to explore it! — just that roleplaying romance is something I don't do with just anyone.

[​IMG]
    Some of my limits include, but are not limited to, the following:

Certain kinds of body horror squick me, even though I dabble in it occasionally due to some of the characters I roleplay. Unfortunately, I won't know what squicks me until I actually stumble on it, but I'll be sure to let you know if it happens!

I will not roleplay sexual situations between characters who are related, guardians/wards, adults and minors, and de-aged characters. Nor will I roleplay romanticized noncon/dubcon. These are non-negotiable.

[​IMG]
    open needs plots closed​

Alex Kamal from The ExpanseApplication || Directory || Inspiration
    Jasnah Kholin from The Stormlight ArchiveApplication || Directory || Inspiration
    Khadgar from World of WarcraftApplication || Directory || Inspiration
    Leonard McCoy from Star TrekApplication || Directory || Inspiration
    Perrin Aybara from The Wheel of TimeApplication || Directory || Inspiration
    Reaper from OverwatchApplication || Directory || Inspiration

#1 Steel, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Steel

Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn

[​IMG]

gifs by the-roci
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    44 YRS. OLD || THE COSMIC WILDERNESS || PILOT OF THE ROCINANTE

Alex is the pilot of the gunship Rocinante. Raised on rigid Martian ideals of duty and honor, he struggled to maintain an identity of his own throughout the majority of his life. The only thing that brought him genuine joy was flying, and his marriage fell apart when he admitted as much to his wife. He left Mars and became a pilot on the ice hauler Cantebury for a few years, until he and some of his crewmates just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, setting off a series of events that disrupted the precarious power balance in the solar system.

His Texan drawl and easy smiles make him a pretty approachable guy, and though he has the tendency to run off at the mouth, he means well. He's compassionate and loyal, and cares a great deal for the people he sees as family, who are currently his other three shipmates on the Rocinante. Although he's not the sort of person who goes out of his way to help others, he doesn't like to see people suffer and does his best to do the right thing whenever he can.

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]

art by exmakina
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    34 YRS. OLD || CASCADE BAY || HISTORIAN AND SURGEBINDER

Back in her world, Jasnah is a renowned scholar and historian despite her young age, as well as an outspoken atheist. Recently, she has discovered her Surgebinding abilities after bonding with Ivory, her spren. Energy derived from highstorms, called Stormlight, enhances her physical capabilities. She can also Soulcast, altering objects at the molecular level to transform them into some other material, and Elsecall, which enables her to travel between realms. In Pandora, this ability will allow her to travel between Pandora and the Otherworld.

Jasnah is a perfectionist and does not often allow emotions to govern her decisions, at least outwardly. She strives to project a confident and self-possessed demeanor, making her appear dignified and poised. However, this also makes her come off as proud and aloof, as she does not have much patience for people who waste her time and can be quite depreciating to those who manage to get on her bad side. Still, she is appreciative of those who value knowledge and are curious to learn, and she is not unkind unless she is given reason to be.

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]

gifs by sithisis
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    59 YRS. OLD || THE ELYSIUM FIELDS || HEAD OF THE MAGES GUILD

Khadgar is a powerful mage from Azeroth who always tries to look on the bright side of things, despite having been through a number of hardships during his lifetime. When he was just seventeen, he was apprenticed to the Guardian Medivh. Unfortunately, he was forced to take Medivh down when it turned out that Medivh was possessed by Sargeras, the leader of the Burning Legion, an army of demons bent on annihilation. The confrontation left Khadgar cursed with old age, and when he was only twenty-two, he was stranded on the orc homeworld for decades before he found a way back home.

But despite everything that he's been through, Khadgar still manages to find things to smile about. True, he may be slow to trust after what happened with Medivh, but he's still very open and friendly with most everyone he meets. He's also a scholar at heart, so it's no surprise that he's been researching Pandora extensively, and has even reformed the Mages Guild to protect Pandora and provide its citizens with easy access to magic.

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]

gifs by tony-starkes
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    36 YRS. OLD || PANDORA TOWN || CHIEF OF MEDICINE AT PANDORA TOWN'S HOSPITAL

Leonard “Bones” McCoy is a cantankerous, irascible, but well-meaning doctor — not a physicist, torpedo technician, mechanic, or escalator — hailing from the 23rd century. A nasty divorce forced him away from Earth to seek out a fresh new start in the vastness of space. Currently working as the Chief of Medicine at Pandora Town's Hospital, you can count on him to fix you up in a jiffy so long as you don't mind his grumbles.

For all of Leonard's bluster, which often makes him come off as incredibly hard-headed and opinionated, his heart is in the right place. Beneath his brusque and sometimes snappish attitude lies genuine warmth, affection, and steadfast loyalty. If he enters a battle of wits with you, it's probably because he likes you. If he really likes you, he'll pass you a drink and lend you an ear when you need some good ol' Southern comfort.

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]

art by karaburrito
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    22 YRS. OLD || PANDORA TOWN || BLACKSMITH AND WOLFBROTHER

Perrin is a broad-shouldered, hefty young man who tries to think before he acts, and is careful and deliberate with his words. Back in his world, he was just an ordinary blacksmith’s apprentice before he and his friends were whisked away from their village in the middle of the night. Along his journey, Perrin also discovered he was a Wolfbrother, a man whose soul is both human and wolf. Encountering a pack permanently changed him, granting him enhanced sight, hearing and smell, among other things. The most notable change about him, though, is that his eyes are now a permanent golden hue, just like a wolf's eyes.

He has yet to fully come to terms with being a Wolfbrother, living in constant fear that if he lets himself go he will lose his humanity and become a mindless beast. In truth, he is a gentle, caring soul who hates the violence that hounds him and longs to return to a simpler, more carefree life. He has, however, been spending more and more time with wolfpacks in Silverwood, and has come to care for the wolves like he would his own family.

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]

gifs by symnetra
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [REDACTED] || [REDACTED] || MERCENARY

Reaper is a mercenary with loose morals. He works for anyone whose interests align with his own, or for whatever reason suits him at the time. While he enjoys killing and taunting his victims, he prefers order over chaos. A mission that goes according to plan is better than escaping by the skin of his teeth.

Rumor has it that he died once, but science brought him back to life... only, as a result, he isn't quite human anymore. Nanobiology completely rebuilt his cellular structure, his cells now decaying and regenerating at a hyper-accelerated rate. The only way he can keep himself alive now is through draining the lifeforce of his hapless victims.

They turned him into a monster — a Reaper — so he decided to play the part.

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

[​IMG]
    Clicky!

#2 Steel, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  3. Steel

Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    NOW TIME FOR SOME TERRIBLY BELATED PLOTTER REPLIES.

McCoy & @Groot & @Rocket RaccoonIf I remember correctly, we wanted some sort of silly thread between these three this summer? Feel free to ignore if I'm wrong!

McCoy & @Amanda BrotzmanIt's a shame that her pills only suppress her symptoms -- so yeah, maybe sometime down the road, McCoy could work on something more effective for her! It's easily an avenue we can explore. As for tests, hmmm. Perhaps we could headcanon there being some, or we could always have something weird show up in McCoy's scans that might make him suspect there's something more to her than an average human.

As for dates, McCoy's booked on June 5th and 14th, so anytime after the 5th is fine by me!

McCoy & @Nikola Tesla & @James Kirk & @Toby DayeWELL THEN, this all sounds fantastic! Shelkie went ahead and set up a thread for McCoy and Tesla on August 1st, and because I was confused as to how we could set everything up, I PMed Shelkie for more details. So if you're all still interested, I took the liberty of adding you to the PM convo so we can hash out the details there!

McCoy & @ParacelsusAyyyyye, arguments ahoy! July is pretty open for McCoy if you'd be game for them meeting around then?

Perrin & @Benjamin ClawhauserSorry for the late reply! I'd be game with Perrin dropping by the River Street precinct to report a crime and them meeting that way. Perrin's pretty free in June and July, so I could probably set us something up if you're game!

4. Carnelian

Carnelian Till the day when all are one

Former employee of Woolworths
    Race:
    Fangirl
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Silly is good, ^^

As for Clawhauser, June works for me (only taken date is the 5th). ^^

Steel likes this.
  5. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Guest

I can't remember what idea I have for them >.> though I assume it was going to epic. I'm game for something happening in July though.

Was it Paracelsus temporarily dying and then reviving, or them bickering over something? This is gonna bug me now

6. Steel

Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    McCoy & @Groot & @Rocket RaccoonAwesome! Let's wait to hear what Shelke says, and then we'll be good to go!

Perrin & @Benjamin ClawhauserOkay, I'll set us something up ASAP! <3

McCoy & @ParacelsusIf memory serves me, we were going to go with Paracelsus getting badly injured, and Leonard trying to treat him until it's clear treatment isn't necessary. Paracelsus was going to take interest in his fancy gadgets and get closer to him after time so that he could steal them at some point? And then I think we agreed this could eventually lead to Leonard finding out that Paracelsus does Bad Things for dramaaaaaa!

If you're cool with this being a long-term sort of dealio, that is! Their first meeting -- said injury/treatment thread -- can be set in July, and then we can see when to set up everything else? Would you like to set that up to set the scene/injury, or would you like me to instead?

7. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Guest

Oh yeeeaaaah, I remember that now. Yes, long-term sounds good, as does starting the first in mid-July. I can start it either this evening or tomorrow.

Steel likes this.
  8. Shelke

Shelke Elf Obssessed

@Steel @Carnelian

Silly is good! I believe Groot was supposed to be attracted by the !Shiny! and steal like a tricorder or something after wandering away from Rocket whose not so happy?

Or you know the stealing of valuables whilst Bones is distracted by a tiny tree.

Oooooo Groot runs around causing havoc, whilst Rocket steals something that's actually worth something, then comes back and is like...bad Groot! xD

Or just...you know...the first thing...

Steel likes this.
  9. Carnelian

Carnelian Till the day when all are one

Former employee of Woolworths
    Race:
    Fangirl
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Alright, ^^

And can't wait, <3

I'm up for any of these, ^^

Steel likes this.
  10. Lady Margolotta

Lady Margolotta Discworld

Head of the Department of Intelligence
    101 Arlington House Apartments, River Street
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Khadgar

Hello! So, here I am with an actual idea xD since Khadgar is the Head of the Mages Guild and Margo is the Head of the DoI, maybe they could actually work together for some reason? Maybe as a part of the Hydra plot? If not, we can just come up with a case that would require magical assistance? What do you think? :)

Steel likes this.
  11. Killer Frost

Killer Frost Guest

@Leonard McCoy & Killer Frost

so if you're interested, i've been meaning to throw killer frost here at some more doctor/scientist types -- mostly because she's formerly of that line of work, and at one point really loved it, and i think it could benefit her to ease back into it in some capacity. maybe she and leonard could meet up in, idk, an emergency situation of some sort where she gets sucked into helping him treat a patient? and if you're interested in something long-term, she could possibly be persuaded with helping him with those clinics if she got to know him -- much as she'd hate to admit it, the prospect of being around someone who can keep up with medical talk again would be a little addicting. lemme know what you think!

(also, hitting two birds with one stone, she's a metahuman -- so if you're still interested in exposing him to supernatural stuff, gawk away??)

Steel likes this.
  12. Steel

Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Khadgar & @Lady MargolottaMargooooo! I love her to pieces, I really do. Khadgar usually tries to keep the Mages Guild fairly neutral when it comes to some things, trying not to favor one town more over the other, so if the HYDRA plot (I admittedly haven't been keeping up with it lately, my bad!) is something that threatens all of Pandora, he'd be more than happy to see what they can do about it with their combined forces. Alternatively, yeah, we could always come up with something else! TL;DR I am so down to thread these two together.

McCoy & @Killer FrostBoth of those ideas sound great! I'm admittedly not familiar with Killer Frost (is she a baddie? an anti-hero?) but if she's got people's well-being at heart, Bones will find her cool beans. And we can definitely play around with her being a metahuman, because he hasn't met many non-humans so far and it'd be fun to play around with the concept!

ALSO, PLEASE WELCOME ALEX KAMAL TO MY PLOTTER!

[​IMG]

Lady Margolotta likes this.
  13. Metus

Metus The Puppeteer

Programmer
    Race:
    Hamster
    Directory:
    link
    -tries to mimic the dramatic flapping to enter the thread-

Perrin & Storm-Jaws
    So this may be odd and all, but here is a wereshark, not a werewolf, but a shark. Storm-Jaws tends to stay by the sea, but as she's had her difficulties getting by and all. Especially considering her lack of... well, practically anything, she's a mercenary that lives mainly in Cascade Bay, but can move around a fair bit depending on the situation. Now I kind of want to get her some weapons and armor. Thus, she would go for a blacksmith and seeing Perrin's one, would he be interested in making some unusual stuff for Storm-Jaws? xD She will need some armor that can be worn and even be able to deal with her altering sizes. Considering there are ways to deal with it, I can see it being a bit more lacking in defense, but since she has scales in her hybrid form, that's all fine. Perhaps we need some kind of mechanic at some point to deal with some... technical issues, but it's something they can discuss. Apart from that, she has some more questions and curiosities on weaponry. Are you interested in meeting a customer in the shop with all sorts of questions on weaponry? xD

Khadgar & Arc
    So... Arc's also a member of the Mages Guild and I actually like Khadgar and Arc to meet some time. Arc'll be interested in a lot of things, but may be a bit difficult to talk to due to shyness. I can see him muster some courage to try and talk to his guildmaster on magic and related things. Also as a person that can alter his "class", Arc's abilities might be interesting too? :) Just wanted to throw this in.

Steel likes this.
  14. Lady Margolotta

Lady Margolotta Discworld

Head of the Department of Intelligence
    101 Arlington House Apartments, River Street
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Khadgar

Yaayyyy! =D okay, since the HYDRA plot is still wip, maybe we can come up with another reason for them to meet? I think there should be more than enough opportunities, since they're both important people in their respective fields xD is Khadgar going to the cruise? Maybe we could organise something there?

Also Alex <3 I love him, he's awesome and I'm sooooo stalking all your future threads with him!

Steel likes this.
  15. Riley

Riley Napoleonic Historian
    Community Relations Division

Race:
    Murloc
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Napoléon Bonaparte && Khadgar

Hey Steel! I've been wanting to plot with you and one of your characters for a while, and when I saw Khadgar, I had a crazy "what if" moment. I saw your plot hooks, and now I think I'm going to go for it; Napoléon is incredibly skilled in mathematics and battle tactics, as well as artillery and firearms combat, all very tangible and logical things. However, what if he were to learn something intangible? He's seen a lot of magic-users in Pandora, which is an aspect that has fascinated him from the moment he first entered the world. As he's young and eager to learn, I'm sure he would jump at the opportunity to be Khadgar's apprentice. I doubt he'd be any good at the arcane at first, and I suppose it would depend on how patient the Archmage wants to be with him. Napoléon's reasoning for learning even the most basic spells would likely be that they would help him perform his job better against nonhumans and/or superhumans who are resistant or immune to physical attacks.

Steel likes this.
  16. Khan Noonien Singh

Khan Noonien Singh Stark Trek

Race:
    Augmented Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Leonard McCoy & Khan
    Hi! Khan is now officially would you to do that thread between the good doctor and our augmented baddie? I was wondering if I should have show up at the hospital dramatically or Dr. Mccoy finds him?

Steel likes this.
  17. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Fanfic Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    daemon
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Leonard McCoy and Raphael Santiago

Heya there~
    I was wondering, if my vampire could get an appointment with Bones anytime soon? He's had an accident of sorts in April and was left with a relatively nasty scar, which is causing him troubles slowly but surely because it's kinda slowly poisoning him. He wouldn't want to seek out a mundane doctor normally, but he hopes to get an answer from a medical point of view - he has no idea what is happening, so someone should probably figure that out or he'll get even more problems - and Bones has a good reputation.
    Plus, I'd love to give Bones an opportunity to meet a vampire. Especially one, that wouldn't be out to kill him or anything, but is really interested in his opinion and skills. If you want that, that is :3

I would be interested in some long-term plotting as well. Both could gain something from that friendship - or professional partnership, however you wanna call it - in the long run. If Bones can help Raphael, he surely will send his vamp friends his way too, because he trusts him. And Bones could gain insight in supernatural anatomy and health, if that's something he'd love to learn about.
    Besides, they could get along on a person-level as well, I'd say. :3

But, let me know what you think about it!

Steel likes this.
  18. Byakuren Hijiri

Byakuren Hijiri Touhou Project
    The Sealed Great Magician

Buddhist Monk
    Race:
    Magician
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Khadgar and Byakuren Hijiri

I've been interested in having Byakuren meet other magic users and just overall do something not related to her faith, so I think it could be interesting for these two to meet. Byakuren's type of magic seem to be one Khadgar cannot use, since her magic is about enhancing her body and also some light magic thrown in for good measure so it could be something a little different for him, especially since she casts magic with the help of sutras.

There's an interesting contrast between them as well, with Khadgar having been cursed with old age and Byakuren having been gifted with eternal youth (which she kept through some rather underhanded methods) so I think they would have quite a lot to talk about.

The possibility of love could also be there unless Khadgar is turned off by the fact Byakuren is in a perpetual 20-something age in terms of looks. Not sure if either of them would develop romantic feelings for each other, but it's something I'd be up to exploring if you are!

Steel likes this.
  19. Alice

Alice Player

Professional Dog Cuddler, Part-time Poet
    Race:
    You summoned me, you should know
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Okay so I kinda feel bad about this since I kinda already messaged you about McCoy and stuff (I am an awful person I know pls bear with me) but I just realized that I would really like to get John a new cutlass? And since I can't think of any other Smithy around Pandora I felt obliged to hit you up. That would obviously be a slightly shorter thing than the stuff with McCoy also less of the *drama*.
    But you know.
    I totally get if that's too much for you (sorrryyyy) but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Steel likes this.
  20. Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya My Hero Academia

Hero / Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    We've already talked about a thing with @Reaper, but posting here is moreso for my own benefit since I have a dumb memory and don't wanna risk forgetting. Plus if you're still up for it, we may as well figure out a date and how we generally want this to go down. Obviously I don't want Deku dead and you don't want Reaper in jail, so I'd guess their scuffle might just kinda end with Reaper deciding it's not worth the trouble and giving Deku the slip. That or possibly Deku gets too worn out to continue, and Reaper doesn't finish the job for any myriad of reasons, like because Deku's just a kid or maybe the proper authorities start arriving. I'm open to whatever, the details aren't too important to me! The only thing I care about for the date is that it'll be early September, as I said, so that Deku's here all season. Beyond that I can fit in wherever you want in Reaper's busy schedule of shooting and soulsucking people like the big jerk villain he is.

Steel likes this.