By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete We need to talk

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Daniel Wing, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    It seemed he had guessed right that her anger was all but gone, growling animal she'd been earlier and all. Though he was glad it didn't got took out on him, even if he deserved it. But Daniel would object against anything meaning his death, as he had no wish for that to happen anytime soon. At her complaining about not being able to decapitate people, he actual grinned back, because oh, how he could understand that. “I'd give something to blow up some airships again” he commented. Without school or a job he had a lot of free time on his hands, could spend them as he wanted. Sure, most had been done to help with his goal of hindering the government any way he could, but he still had his fun.
    That she always did this emotional-shifting was new for him, but he had it noted down and wouldn't assume anything of it again. Not that he would stop noticing and asking if he felt like she could need someone just being there. “Of course it won't mean anything. You're always Alex after all. But I can still ask.” was all he said to her explanation. There was no need to probe deeper, as she had answered him already, stating she was fine. Her decision to talk about it, if there even was anything.
    When she snapped right in front of his face, his gaze wandered back to her. Small stuff like that wouldn't startle him, he would've been long that if he were jumpy like that. And he was calm by now, had gotten the worst off his shoulders, so he could as well cling to what little good topics there were. And this was one.On it? I run the top 4 years straight. They kept making up identikits because they hadn't so much as a clue how I looked like. Wanted for assault, arson, theft, destruction of military property and hindering the war effort. 200,000 Notes for information leading to arrest.” This he didn't rattle off without any emotion – there was a spark in his eyes and he smiled, for real and honestly proud, not sad and half-hearted like usual.
    Finally he seemed back in a better mood, leaned back on ease. “Mighty Republic, scared off a kid... bet there were some heads rolling when they found out.” There had been more than enough high-ranking officers up to hunt him down. All failing. Until they set June at him. “What did you do?” the boy asked, shaking off that line of thought. Banning June and all that happened around her back to the corner where his nightmares came from.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  2. Alex Fierro

Alex Fierro Magnus Chase And The Gods Of Asgard

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Yeah, explosions are fun," Alex replied, even though most of what had been exploding in her past were because people were trying to kill her, and her friends, and acquaintances. But when they were the one causing the explosions... now that was fun. "I haven't killed any monsters in awhile. I kinda miss it."

Okay, she was getting over Daniel's attempts to try and reach out to her. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate them, and the conversation did make her feel like she owed some information back, tit-for-tat, but Alex wasn't really the sharing type. Well, right now. It might change, since things did with her. But for now, she was... closed. "Thanks for your concern," she said, and it was half sincere, and half sarcastic.

"Four years straight, huh?" Alex asked, swinging her legs. "Well done. They must've hated you." Well, this information she was okay with telling him. "Pissed off a couple of mountain giants, some sea goddesses.... killed my husband at the reception."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  3. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Explosions happening around him wasn't something he wished to happen to him either, but getting together all the stuff he needed, building the bombs and the triggers himself, working out the guard schedules and make his way inside with sheer skill – the challenge of all that had been the fun for him. He didn't had many chances to watch it himself, most times more focused on getting away from the crime site, but it was satisfying to know he had accomplished one more small goal against the Republic. “Why not go out and do it? Pretty sure there'd be some around.” Daniel shrugged, not questioning her, but he'd be more out and scaling buildings if his health wouldn't have gotten in the way, if he wouldn't slowly try to adjust to some more normalcy.
    That Alex put off any further talk about herself was fine with him. If he could, he'd be there. Out of that, they probably were not that bad of a match regarding room-mates, understanding the need for boundaries and not being that talkative about personal history. The blonde only got like that when he was desperate or drunk and even then, while he explained much about the workings of his place, he left a lot of spaces between the snippets that made up his part in it all. Had helped to talk, but he didn't expected or wanted it to be an everyday thing. Not when it came to all that happened since he first met June.
    “They hated that they couldn't catch me. That my fingerprints wouldn't show up in the system. Put a bad mark on their stats. The Patriots, some rebel group, made more trouble, but at least they caught some ever once in a while. Never worked with them, despite their efforts to hire me.” Getting on the bad side of a country full of military people probably wasn't a smart idea, but that didn't meant he had lacked determination going at it, futile as it might've been.
    While he had no clue what mountain giants were and his grasp how the whole god business worked still was slim, he raised a brow at her being married. Or attempting to. Alex could do whatever she wanted, just that he hadn't though her to be the type for marriage, something solid, and with the mess of a relationship he had with June he was the last to judge – but there was something bothering him about that. “Would it've still been your husband if you'd been male?” There had been no such thing like same-sex marriage, not even relationships, in the Republic, so naturally he was curious. And maybe questioning some things about himself.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  4. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Effort," Alex replied, offhandedly. "I'd need to grab a monster magnet and I can't be bothered dealing with them right now." Neither Will, Nico or Billyboy would probably not take well to being hauled out in the middle of nowhere and being told to stay put, even if it meant that Alex got to have some fun. They'd probably like being kidnapped even less. It didn't mean that it wasn't tempting to do it anyway, but she wasn't in the mood to piss off Apollo.

"Yeah, authority figures don't tend to like someone repeatedly ignoring them and getting in their way," she said, with the knowledge of somewhere who had been there. Oh damn. She had hoped that if she had passed it off as nothing, he wouldn't ask about. "Yes," she replied, her tone short and closed off.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  5. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    „Hmm“ was all he replied to her plans on how to get a monster around. As soon as magic got into it, he wasn't much of a help. And it sounded as if she was talking about using people for that, which was something he wouldn't agree upon. Couldn't be that hard to rally up some on your own, he had managed to do that with the soldiers all the time – even if it was more to get them away, so they wouldn't get hurt. But poking into the right wasp nest usual did it.
    Daniel sighted. “I miss Skiz fights. No rules – just two fighters in a ring of people betting on the outcome and whatever weapons you have on you.” He had made a lot of money strategic betting on them. Had been too dangerous participating anywhere a patrol could disperse the illegal assembly and ID everyone present, but he got his share from fighting for real, not for sport. Alex probably would've liked it, just that by unwritten rules it was no-killing, but that's what you got from dealing with mere humans.
    “Can't ignore them if they put me off as dead first.” He snorted. Wasn't like he had started it. If they only had him allowed to go to school, get a job that was slightly more than working yourself to death, that could support his family, then he probably never would've become a problem. Then again had he gotten into trouble before that. Not the criminal kind or like bad grades, but he had been rebellious, like his father. That probably got him the mark on his Trial, enough to have him sorted out. People who think too much make bad soldiers.
    Somehow, his question had hit a wrong chord with Alex, but he was quick to notice that. “Hey. Sorry if that offended you in any way. Just don't want to assume anything, given how I know nothing about it.” If she didn't wanted to talk about that or so much as explain him, he could live with that. Daniel only wanted to do it right, out of respect. Wanted to learn.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  6. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Arena-style fighting had never been Alex's thing. Sure, she was up for a good brawl as much as anyone, but a brawl generally required more than one person, as well as having a complete lack of rules that she enjoyed indulging. Similarly, in Valhalla, going for the kill was normal, even praised. Outside of it, killing people was taken a lot more seriously.

Alex was silent, for a while. Danny really hadn't meant any harm by it, but the whole wedding thing was a sore spot for her, more so than most things that Loki pulled. Mostly because it had targeted Sam, not her. "The wedding was arranged by my mother to get something that he needed to cause the end of the world. I took my sister's place, spent half the time trying to curb my murderous impulses, then finally snapped and strangled 'my husband' to death."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  7. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    While Alex just sat there silent after his explanation, he didn't said anything either. He wasn't that great with words and saw no need to explain in detail when he had already told what he'd meant. Talking too much was another way to screw up. The only reason he didn't ended this conversation with a soft suggestion and a change of topic, like him going to sleep for real, was because it didn't felt over yet. So he waited, patient, for her to decide what to tell him, only watching with bright eyes for any indication in her posture that she'd close down completely.
    At her story, his gaze softened. It was something he could relate too, because he would've done the same for his siblings, no matter the consequences. John had done that. Just that he hadn't come out of it alive. For the sake of her patience, he kept back on any more tears. “Sounds like something I'd do too.” he replied, a bit more silent than before. Guess she wasn't married for real than – that relaxed him a bit, because they were the same age and what did 16-year-olds knew about lifelong relationships? He certainly had screwed up with June.
    “Ya` know, it'd be pretty boring here without you around.” The boy grinned, pushing a strand of hair out of his face. Half of it was fake, but he wanted to switch to a topic that wouldn't trigger either of them. Talking was better than being alone with his nightmares. “Think we could fight some monsters together?” He tilted his head a bit. “Someday?” When he was in better shape, not in danger to go into a breakdown every time he strained himself. “Might not be some goddy einherjar... but I can keep up.”

Alex Fierro likes this.
  8. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex laughed slightly. "Somehow, I doubt that a wedding dress would suit you," she replied dryly. "Something about the lace just wouldn't be a good look." Alex looked at him, and facepalmed. "You'd need different weapons, and some kind of armour. You're squishy," she finished, punctuating her point by poking him in the stomach.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  9. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    A wedding dress?” he asked puzzled, having no idea what to imagine. Or how it’d look on her. “And what’s lace?” Once more it showed from what a crap country he came, never having seen most things that counted as luxury. At least not where he lived, the rich sure were a different thing, but one he never got close too. That there were special gowns you’d only wear on single occasions (if you could afford it first place) he knew, but in times of war formal weddings weren’t high priority.
    Daniel laughed when she poked him, slapping her hand away. Squishy. Might be that he only was a human, but he hadn’t aced the Trial just like that. There was no expense fat on him, he was lean and muscular from a lifetime of almost-starving and constant physical activities, could push himself to the far limits of what was possible. There was a glimmer in his eyes that told he would’ve tackled her right her and now, for fun and to prove his worth – if not for his health. Right now he’d have a hard time just keeping up and too much of a strain could trigger a bad response. Not to mention that any hit on the head was the last thing he needed. Even getting shoved to the ground had been too much when he got into a fight with one of the Patriots, though that was before he knew and got put onto medication. So this plan would have to wait for when he was well either way.
    He skipped over that, not wishing for this topic to go back to his health. “Agreed on the armor, that’s useful. I’m kinda sick of getting shot.” Or stabbed. Or beaten to a pulp. He could take his share of pain, but there was a limit. “As for weapons, I never could use anything but my knife and a slingshot. Got the money for a gun together quite a while ago, but they all got fingerprint sensors, identifying and tracking the carrier... could as well shout from the rooftops.” It hadn’t been safe to use them, even if it would’ve set him more on par with the soldiers. “And it wasn’t people I went against. It was the whole system. I never killed anyone.”

10. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "A dress. That someone wears. To get married in?" Alex said, confusion in her tone evident. "Gods, your world is awful." But she recognised that glint in his eye, the glimmer of 'try me', and smiled, a mischievous grin that promised trouble for the person seeing it. "Getting shot does hurt," she mused. "Not the worst way to die, though." That was probably acid. Acid was the worst.

She looked at him. "Guns aren't for everyone, either. If you're good with a knife, use that." As for killing.... well, "I never killed a human, either. All the einherjar come back. And, well, every human-slash-demigod-slash-giant-monster I've killed was trying to kill me, so turnabout is fair play. It's not my fault they don't try hard enough."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  11. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Daniel shrugged at the comment. They already had figured out how awful of a place his home was, but that didn’t meant he’d trade it for anywhere else. “It’s not like anyone out of the Gem sectors could afford to buy clothes for a single occasion anyway” To be honest he wasn’t even that sure his parents had been married.
    The whole death topic just put him at unease again. Getting shot was terrible, not only because it had happened to him, but for seeing his family die through it. His mother bleeding out on the street. John looking way too much like him. And then there was the thing that had brought them to this conversation, that he was dying himself, period, a terminal illness that wouldn’t be away just because he was getting different treatment. It was slow and painful and scared him, so he skipped over that topic.
    “I’m good with everything I can get my hands on.” On the streets there hadn’t been much of a choice and he was smart enough, adaptive enough, to make do with everything from a slingshot over knives and guns to high-class explosives. Knifes just were the easiest in hand-to-hand encounters. Reliable and impossible to track if he wore gloves. “They did tried to kill me. But it wasn’t their fault. It was orders and they had families at home and just wanted to get by too – so I never killed them. Barely hurt anyone, if I could avoid it.” To know how not to kill included the knowledge of what a killing blow would be. He only choose not to use them. “That’s why I never worked with the Patriots – they didn’t care. We wanted the same, but their methods, people got hurt. Even innocent ones.”

Alex Fierro likes this.
  12. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex shrugged. "Weddings are expensive. A goddess paid for my wedding dress, same one that gave me the garrote." She almost missed Sif. Actually, she did miss Sif. She had hated the goddess at first, but she had grown on her, in a way that Alex couldn't fully explain. The gift of the garotte had definitely helped, though. Who didn't love a weapon? Especially one that could cut stone.

Alex gave Day a doubting look. "I've met immortal warriors who aren't good with everyone that they can get their hands on. Don't make that claim if you can't back it up, Blondie." And at that, Alex laughed. It wasn't a nice laugh. It was bitter, and cynical, and had edges that could cut through titanium. "Everyone has a choice, Danny," she replied, and the venom almost dripped from her lips. "People who claim to 'just be following orders'? They have a choice. They're just scared to look for it. Or maybe they don't want to look for it. They can be happy where they are. People who claim to just be following orders aren't good, or evil. They're apathetic, which is worse."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  13. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    He couldn't even come close to understand how expensive a wedding was. In Lake sector food alone was expensive for most people, everyone having a constant worry on what they earned, how to best spend it and if the risks of their jobs was worth it. If there wasn't a better way. And it wasn't like he'd ever have a wedding – or rather, someone he wanted to spend his life with that way. Not after June and Tess and Kaede... better to stay off that topic.
    At Alex doubts he smiled. “Rephrase then: I'm good with anything I could get my hands on in my place so far, including but not limited too: slingshots, knives, all sorts of guns, staff, stones, shards, rope, explosives, traps and self-build gadgets as well as hand to hand combat. All self-trained though.” One thing you couldn't say was that he was one to boast or not acknowledge his flaws. Maybe he wasn't good with everything that existed and magic was beyond him, but he didn't made his strengths up. With his health intertwining he just couldn't prove it as he wanted.
    Calmly he listened to her bitter words, knowing these arguments because he had thought about that a lot himself. “I know.” Daniel agreed on that. People had choices and they weren't good or evil for not making them. “But it isn't as easy as forcing them to make that decision. Especially not if they have to make it alone. If it means you'll die if your cause is a loosing one. If your family could get punished in your place. I made my choice – for the people, not against them. So I fought the system, without harming them. Brought attention to the faults. And hoped it'd spark something in them to make their own choices.” He had paid for that good hearth, for believing in the people to gather up the courage to follow the right path. But his hope he hadn't lost.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  14. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex laughed again, though it was....nicer. Less edgy. Not that that was hard. She was sure that Danny was good at everything he said he was, but she couldn't help but rib him a bit. To be fair, though, Alex had never needed to learn how to use other weapons. She knew some, but between an unbreakable garrote and shapeshifting, there was never any need for her to learn other weapons. It was almost impressive.

"And did it?" Alex replied, tilting her head. "Because people will always prefer to take the easy way out."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  15. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    That Alex teased him a bit never bothered him. Actually it was a nice thing, for him who'd never got a shot at normalcy. And despite her words, she took him serious, not dismissed it as a lie or unimportant. A bit laughing and snippy remarks healed more what the Republic had broken when they assumed him not worth to live.
    Impressive was more that he'd dared to fight with the stuff mentioned against a whole government, taking on squads of soldiers with years of training, high-end protection gear and proficient weapons he couldn't even dream to get his hands on. Winning again and again with nothing but worn clothes, a set of knives, a slingshot and some cheap disguise.
    The question was a reasonable one, but he needed some moments to find an answer between dozens of single incidents that you couldn't just sort into a plan he hadn't had first place. „There've always been people supporting me and the Patriots. In whatever ways they could.” He phrased careful. „When they dragged me out for sentencing, there were hundreds. Voicing their disagreement. Showing they supported me rather than the government.”
    Daniels shoulders slumped slightly at the next part, hurt on his face once more. „They called an squad with no marks and shot most.” And with that he let himself fall back onto the bed, growing quiet despite the threads of a story left unfinished. Not on the verge of another break, only tired and closing off, unwilling to talk about his past anymore. He could take only so many bits of that in one day, though at least he knew Alex would respect that. „You can stay if you want, but I'll sleep now.” was all he murmured, eyes closed.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  16. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Oh. Oh. Suddenly, a lot made sense about Day's attitude, and Alex sighed quietly. "Fuckers," she muttered. Somehow, it didn't surprise her, but something in that made her angry. And not just because of the waste of life, but because it was stupid, and wasteful, and underhanded, and wrong in a way that she despised. She watched Day fall back onto the bed, and sighed again. "Go to sleep." She shifted back into a cat, and curled up, nestled into his side slightly. "Lay a hand on me, and you'll lose it," she warned, before yawning and closing her eyes.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  17. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    This feeling of wrongness was exactly why he'd fought against the government, because nothing was right about the way people got threatened in Republic. But while he would've liked to rally the people up and do more than his lone stunts, that may be effective because he was good, better than the soldiers, but had little result on the whole scale, Daniel also knew that it wasn't a risk to die for it. It was a certainty, even for something as little as just speaking up. And that he couldn't demand of anyone, no matter how wrong it all went.
    That the people had died for him made it somehow his fault, not that he could've done anything. Still it was the point where he couldn't take the talking and just wanted to finally sleep. Alex staying as something furry next to him, wasn't something he'd expected, but it was nice. Comforting. He only smiled at the warning, because he had no intention to cross her boundaries and was out within minutes anyway.

(closing it here!)

Alex Fierro likes this.