HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private We wish you a merry Batmas!

Discussion in 'Pandora Town' started by Jason Todd, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Wayne Industries
    Race:
    Human
    Bruce watched as Damian walked away with his armful of gifts and sighed a little, looking back to Jason and Tanaquil. "It's great to meet you too, I hope you enjoy yourself and if you could just take some of these I have to go...talk to my son." He looked to Jason pleadingly for help. "Jason's brother." He handed off some of the gifts to Tanaquil and followed after his youngest son. Tanaquil seemed nice at least, he was glad Jason met her and was getting some form of happiness. But right now Damian needed his attention, he understood that it was crushing for this Dick to have no idea who he was but he couldn't let him hold that against him. It wasn't his fault. Bruce should have explained things to him more so he’d know what to say as to not hurt Damian too bad. Bruce crouched down next to Damian and laid a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Damian I should have given him a brief rundown so he'd at least know who you were. Dick is...he's from before he could possibly have known you and I'm sorry you had to learn it on Christmas. I'll explain everything to him and I'm so sorry son."

He gave Damian a hug and stood up. "Now why don't you help me in the kitchen for a bit to calm down?" He smiled down at Damian and grabbed a small box with his name on it. "And I'll let you see what I got you."

Jason Todd, Damian Wayne and Tanaquil like this.
  2. Damian Wayne

Damian Wayne DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Damian didn't look up as his father crouched down next to him. He was busy arranging the presents in the most useful order, with the largest on the bottom and Drake's all the way in the back. His hands did however stop their compulsive movements at the heavy weight of his father's on his shoulder. Without meaning to -- without even really wanting to -- Damian leaned slightly into the warmth.

"I'm not bothered," he protested stiffly and without much weight behind his words. It was so incredibly obvious he was bothered. If he'd taken the time to prepare himself for disappointment, then he could've easily have hidden it from even those who claimed to know him best, but as it was... It was all he could to keep his chin high and his back straight. Don't let any emotion cross his face. Just the way his mother taught him. "I didn't expect anything more from him. I--"

His words caught in his throat as he suddenly found himself in Bruce's embrace. He could count on one hand most likely the amount of times he had ever had a chance to hug the ever-elusive Batman...or more accurately, Batman could count on one hand the amount of times he had ever had a chance to hug his ever-elusive son. If he hadn't taken Damian by surprise, then the boy liked to think he had enough grace and dignity to duck under his arms and escape, but...

He most definitely did not let out the faintest, tiniest whimper as his small arms wrapped around his father in return. When the two pulled away, Damian didn't have it in him to fight or insist he continue loitering in the parlor, harassing his siblings. Instead, he shuffled into the kitchen with his present tucked under one arm and his puppy at his heels.

3. Cassandra Cain

Cassandra Cain DC Universe

Vigilante/Badass
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Alright, so Jason and his girlfriend were definitely less help than she'd have liked in regards to Damian's demand request, so it was up to her. Nodding to them both, Cassandra turned around and began to abscond to the kitchen. If he couldn't even resist waiting until desert for cookies, there was no way he was getting any champagne under her supervision unless Bruce or Alfred told her explicitly otherwise. She was halfway in when the door opened again and Dick made his presence known. It didn't surprise her, of course, she'd overheard Bruce and Alfred talking idly about it not too long ago. All she could do was give a wave over her shoulder as she entered the kitchen and began looking for a place to put the bottles. She debated putting them in the fridge versus one of the many cupboards for a while, but soon decided on neither and simply placed them on a nearby counter so Alfred or someone more used to it could handle it from there.

On her way back to where her adopted family had gathered, she passed by Bruce and Damian, and paused. It was pretty rare for Bruce to show any sort of physical affection towards any of them; it was even rarer for Damian, always arrogant and proud, to show any sort of vulnerability. And yet there they were, Bruce's arms wrapped around Damian and Damian looking... hurt? That... was troubling. Surely nothing could have happened while she was in the kitchen.

"I was gone for three minutes," she said as she approached the group, taking care not to be so loud as to let the pair in the kitchen hear her. "What the heck happened?" Her questioning eyes brushed over every one present. Then they landed on Tim, and her face, though polite and friendly, grew to genuine warmth. Unlike everyone else in her family, he was the one person to whom she didn't need to introduce herself to, because he was the very same person Tim she had left when she was brought here over a year ago (granted, he came from the past, but it was her Tim regardless). That familiarity came with an affection she rarely showed since coming here.

She was friendly with everyone there, but she was friends with Tim.

"Hey Tim,"
    she said with a smile, walking up to him and giving him a hug as best she could. "Merry Christmas."

#23 Cassandra Cain, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. When Damian had mentioned a coupe of champagne for himself, the old butler raised an eyebrow with more than a hint of disapproval. Butler or not (or whatever his technical job title may be here in Pandora), that certainly was one request that the young master wasn't going to see fulfilled. Fortunately, Miss Cassandra pointed out the issue with the request before he was forced to. Still, he doubted someone as stubborn as Damian Wayne would let that stop him. He was about to open up his mouth to shoot down Damian's request properly, when a knock at the door promptly interrupted him.

This moved very quickly from there, with one arrival happening right after the other. Unfortunately, the only new face to the party that Alfred could recognize was Master Bruce's when he came up from the lift. He was grateful then when the rest of the family did recognize the two newcomers by name, and Alfred had heard enough about their extended family to put two and two together. Richard Grayson and Timothy Drake. Yes, he'd definitely heard a thing or two about them. The first son and the third, apparently. While he was eager to greet them and finally meet them for himself, he knew how awkward the situation could become. After all, he'd gone through the same thing with Master Damian and Master Jason (although he doubted anyone would get as awkward of a first encounter as Master Jason, given how Alfred had almost mistaken him for an intruder and greeted him with Batarang in hand). The boys would know him, yet he would be too young to recognize them. Everything that followed would be confusion and catching up, perhaps not the most festive thing for the Christmas season. Still, family was family, and he supposed there was no time like the present.

Of course, those introductions would probably have to wait. It was a holiday, and there was still so much to be done. Trouble was, everyone else seemed inclined to be doing the work for him. Cassandra had been put in charge of the champagne. Jason and Tanaquil had beaten him to the punch on helping out poor Master Bruce and Master Tim with their parcels. It actually looked like Jason was attempting to introduce his adopted father to his new girlfriend in the process in an attempt to multitask. Alfred had half a mind to go over, take the parcels from all of them, and shoo all three of them away from the work so they could discuss that properly, but the sorry scene between Damian and Richard happened. The action of the smallest of the sons rushing over to his father was not lost on him. Alfred let out a sad sigh, but was grateful to see that Bruce was handling it. In fact, Bruce was handling it surprisingly well. The pair even shared a hug. Goodness. The dark, brooding night and his son openly displaying a moment of genuine tenderness? Perhaps there were such things as Christmas miracles.

All joking aside, Alfred decided it was best to leave Bruce to handle Damian. He gave them space then when they decided to go off to the kitchen, even though Alfred's next inclination had been to go them himself to open the champagne and begin dispersing drinks. Blimey. After hours of working nonstop over preparations, suddenly coming to a grinding halt felt terribly strange. He was quick then to respond when Miss Cassandra came in, questioning just what in the blazes she had walked back into.

"I'm not quite sure myself," he replied to her honestly. He had a feeling he knew what the problem was, but he wasn't privy to the entire story. "I think we might have another situation of timelines not quite lining up, one that might be a little difficult for Master Damian," he leaned over to Cassandra and explained this to her quietly. He didn't want to say it loud enough for everyone else to hear and dwell on the moment. "I believe Master Bruce has the situation under control though, so it's best to leave them to it."

Alfred smiled as he watched Cassandra depart to greet Master Tim. At least they seemed to know each other (and hopefully this one would be mutual). He'd leave them to it. In the meantime, Alfred turned his attention to the other half of the awkward conversation that had just occurred. A sympathetic frown crossed over his features as he looked over to Master Richard. He could certainly sympathize with that situation. After all, the only people that Alfred had properly known from his own timeline were Bruce and Selina, and even then he knew them as children. It was one thing to feel a bit overwhelmed by everything, let alone to add on the guilt when your apparent loved ones from the future realized that you didn't know them. Sure, Alfred would probably be inflicting just that feeling when he went to introduce himself to Master Richard, but at least they would be on the same page.

"Please forgive Master Damian," he began, striding over to the eldest of the sons. "Pandora can be quite hard on people, especially when you're only twelve years old and don't have the most conventional family to begin with." Damian could be... challenging, but that was the truth at the end of the day. It was easy sometimes to forget that Damian was still in fact a child.

"Alfred Pennyworth, in case you didn't recognize me," he introduced himself with a smile, a hint of humor in his tone. "I've been told many times that I don't look the same without the mustache, apparently." Never mind the fact that he was also apparently twenty, thirty years younger than most of the people here remembered him to be. Despite the fact that he should know better, Alfred instinctively held out his hand to formally shake. He wanted to say "it's nice to finally meet you" or "I've heard a great deal about it", but given what had just occurred, it might feel like rubbing salt in the wound. Instead, he took the safe route. "Merry Christmas, Master Richard."

5. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Wayne Industries
    Race:
    Human
    Bruce smiled and ruffled Damian's hair as he joined him in the kitchen, he put the present he had for him down on the counter. He'd done something small but important for Damian's gift, something he would want just to for himself that he would more than likely gloat to the others about day in and day out. Bruce opened the box to show Damian a VHS tape, something that even in Pandora had been a chore to find but it was well worth it, on top of it was a sticker that had crudely written in sharpie marker the words, "The Mask of Zorro". Bruce placed his hand on his son's shoulder and knelled down to his eye level. "This movie is what started it all, it's what shaped me to become the man I am today, and tonight I want you to see it, to really see it." He hadn't watched that movie in years, not since the two times he'd watched it in the theater on the same night. The same night he watched two nine millimeter rounds and a broken string of pearls left him an orphan. And who better to watch it with than his youngest son.

Bruce then opened up the fridge and pulled out some boneless chicken thighs and breasts. He already had the spices, bread crumbs and eggs ready. "So Damian since you're gonna be helping in the kitchen, we're gonna be making Kansas Fried Chicken, something Ma Kent made sure I knew before I left her house one Christmas that Clark dragged me to." He pulled up a stool for Damian. "You soak them in the egg and I'll mix the spices and breadcrumbs."

6. Damian Wayne

Damian Wayne DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Damian frowned petulantly as his father ruffled his hair, and not even a second later, he reached back up to fix it. Tch. Only one person in the world could get away with that, and that person was currently sitting in the living unable to even recognize his face. He tried not to let himself stew in the frustration and betrayal as he leaned against the counter with his arms crossed.

When Bruce opened the present, Damian also tried not to let himself frown. Wasn't the point of Christmas that children were supposed to open their own presents? Not that he was a child, and not that he cared. But when Damian saw the old VHS tape, he couldn't help but raise a skeptical eyebrow at Bruce as he wondered what was going on with him.

"This is a movie, Father," he pointed out flatly, not understanding the significance behind it. He hadn't actually asked for anything for Christmas, but he'd expected something useful. A new piece of technology to add to his utility belt, perhaps. Thankfully, that was all Damian got around to saying before he quieted down and listened to the rest of Bruce's explanation, and when he was done, he was looking at the tape with a newfound admiration and appreciation.

So this little box, this one movie, had created one of the world's greatest heroes. He reached out to take it carefully, holding it with the same care as he would've used if he'd been gifted a new sword or something instead. "I... Thank you," Damian said, the words unfamiliar yet still fitting. "I will treasure this, Father." And rub all of the others' faces into it, as well.

He climbed up with his knees on the counter as he tucked it on top of the fridge so it wouldn't be in the way of any of the cooking they were about to do -- or try to do -- while Titus jumped up and tried to nose as his black socks. Damian yelped and scrambled off, his cheeks a light shade of pink as he tried not to let his father realize he'd just been tickled of all things. He cleared his throat and crossed his arms while listening to Bruce's instructions half-heartedly, all the while glaring at Titus's innocent little face.

"Are you certain you know how to do this?" he questioned even as he did what he was told and set to soaking the chicken in the eggs. After he washed his hands, of course. He wasn't exactly doubting that there was something his father didn't know how to do, but if there was, it seemed like cooking or other household chores would be at the top of the list considering it was Alfred that did everything to his memory. While he was helping, he also did begrudgingly sneak Titus a few pieces of chicken when he thought Bruce wasn't looking.

Jason Todd and Tanaquil like this.